Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. G.Sivakumar
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. G.SivakumarYour feedback matters!
Naturally I am light brown skin. But due to lack of awareness in past years my hands legs I foots. Have grown more darker. As I drive daily in two Wheeler for about 30 kms. Though I use cloths. My face has also gone dark. Except parlour s what other treatment s can b used for bringing the real colour of skin. Pls help.
I have pimples from last 5 to 6 years. I got many scars and holes on my face, still I am having pimples on my face. By the way I used eukroma plus cream for few months, at that time scars were removed and pimples are also stopped, later after stopping the cream I got pimples again. Please tell me how to get rid of pimples and it's scars.
There are lots of black spots left post acne on my left cheek ,I tried lots of topical treatment and home remedies nothing seems to work in that area of my face I'm so tired I would be grateful if I find a remedy and get rid of them soon cuz it's been a year almost since they are there on my face.
I am 24 years old. I have rashes in my body. I used many relievers but of no use. What is the remedy of it? What should I do.
I am having peculiar main, I feel colon is not cleaned, I was having PAN-D, BECELAC and HIFENAC for last 5 days after I told my doctor about gastric, loose stools and pain. I had simple food these past days, still I have this pain, undigested food particles in stool and quantity is less. I feel some matter is still stuck inside causing me pain. Any pointers for some cleansing medicine or any other observation from this. I have discontinued the usage of the above medicines now.
I am 22 years old .basically my skin color is brown .sometimes my skin is glowing sometimes it was didn't.i want every time my skin will be a glow so which treatments are available get this.
I have white dry, flaky, and itchy patches on my face at times I get it on the back of my neck, please suggest something that can cure it. It's been there for one and a half years.
A breast lump is an enlargement, swell, protuberance or a bump that is different than the breast tissue surrounding it. Breast lumps can appear in men as well as women and they can be benign or malignant. Causes of benign breast lumps are as follows:
- Fibroadenosis: Also known as Fibro-cystic breast disease, it is a benign condition that affects the breast. It may affect either of the breasts or both. One of the major symptoms of Fibroadenosis is a breast lump. Usually, the lumpiness disappears after the menstrual cycle is over. Fibroadenosis occurs because the breast tissue doesn’t respond well to the hormonal changes during the menstrual cycle.
- Fibroadenomas: Fibroadenomas occur because of abnormal response to the hormone oestrogen. The lumps are usually well formed and round, around the milk ducts of the breast. Breast lumps due to Fibroadenomas are called breast mice, because they move around the breast. In some cases, they disappear and in some, they tend enlarge during pregnancy.
Other benign causes of breast lumps are breast abscesses, breast cysts, lipoma (lump of fat), mastitis (infection in the breast tissues), fat necrosis (another name for breast lumps) and intraductal papilloma (benign tumour of the milk ducts in the breast). A breast lump that is firm, well defined and doesn’t move around, i.e. it doesn’t disappear after your period or pregnancy, may be a result of breast cancer.
Treatment of breast lumps
The treatment of a breast lump depends on its cause. Benign breast lumps usually disappear over time. Otherwise following treatments can be considered as per the doctor’s discretion-
- Medication: If the breast lumps are painful or increase over time, it is advisable to take medication.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and other painkillers like paracetamol
- Danazol, Tamoxifen or Bromocriptine are administered to treat breast pain as well
- Antibiotics which are administered to cure breast abscesses that are caused due bacterial infections
- Limiting the amount of fat in the diet or wearing well fitting bras also reduces the amount of pain due to breast lumps.
- Certain types of breast lumps are filled with fluid or pus. This fluid can be drained through a procedure called aspiration or drainage.
- A radical way to treat a breast lump is surgery. Many a times, these lumps get bigger and painful and the most effective way to deal with it is to remove it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.