Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. G.RadhikaYour feedback matters!
Hi I have consulted gynae doctor and had gone through all test suggested by her to me and my husband and as per report everything is normal, I am taking fol 123 and trying to conceive from last 5 months still I am not pregnant? Why is it so?
Hii Dr. this is regarding my gf she has many health issues like irregular periods from many years, headache, weakness, breast pain so please Dr. advise me how should I cure her for fit and healthy life I am very tensioned about her health please Dr. suggest me the right way Thanking you.
I Missed period more then 10 days. A week before the period partner fingered me with sperms on the it. Changes of getting pregnant?Please tell.
I am having thyroid problem after marriage[before 2years]. My tsh is varying. Many times it was less than 0.5. And two times without any medicines it goes to >100. So now I am using thyronorm 50mcg. After using this tab for one month now it is 7.9. Does it varies like this. I am also having pcos. No children yet. Should I go to gynae or endocrinologist doctor. Please suggest.
I am a 42 years of female, I have fibroid in my uterus, now a days I get irregular period and more painful, is there any permanent solution for this problem? Pl advice.
Menstrual disorders are caused by a variety of factors and affect every woman in a different manner. In most cases, it manifests itself in the form of fluctuations in menstrual flow and irregularity in the monthly cycle. Certain disorders are not too severe and can be easily alleviated. Others are more complicated and require the immediate attention of a gynecologist.
As mentioned, there are different specific causes of different kinds of disorders resulting from a range of factors such as hormone levels, functioning of the central nervous system, health of the uterus, etc.
Some of the most common causes of menstrual disorders are as follows:
- Hormonal imbalance: Fluctuating hormone levels in the body have a direct impact on the menstrual cycle. These fluctuations can be caused by dysfunction in the pituitary gland, thyroid gland or adrenal gland. It can also be a result of malfunction in either or both ovaries and the secretion of hormones originating there.
- Anatomic problems: One fourth menstrual disorders are caused by problems of the anatomy. These include various gynecological issues like the presence of uterine fibroids and polyps, reduced uterine contractile strength, adenomyosis (intrusion of uterine tissue into the muscular wall of the uterus), a uterus with an excessively large surface area, and endometrial cancer.
- Clotting irregularities: Abnormality in clotting is a cause of heavy menstrual bleeding in women. It leads to exceeding blood loss from minor cuts and gashes and makes one easily prone to bruising. This may also include medical conditions such as thrombocytopenia (platelet dysfunction) and Von Willebrand disease.
- Medications and supplements: There is a wide range of medications and nutritional or hormonal supplements which often cause menstrual disorders in women and lead to fluctuations in the menstrual cycle. These include medicines such as aspirin, ibuprofen, estrogen pills, Vitamin E supplements etc.
- Miscellaneous factors: These are comparatively rare and require a greater degree of medical attention. It includes conditions such as cervical cancer, ovarian tumors, liver and kidney diseases, uterine infections, extreme psychological stress, obesity, etc. Incidents such as miscarriages and unsuspected pregnancies are also known to cause abnormal menstrual bleeding.
Related Tip: " All You Need To Know About Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder"
It been 2 months I dint get my periods, from 2 to 3 years it is irregular .last year in Dec I met one doctor she gave me novelon to continue for 3 months .it was 21 days pills .so I continued it for 3 months, then after that in march I got periods two times for 5 days in first week and in last week of the month. Then from April to June my periods was regular and from July till now I dint get my periods.
Ayurvedic recipe #kitchari
Kitchari means mixture, usually of two grains. This is one kitchari recipe that is particularly nourishing and easy to digest. Please note the options below for some alternatives.
Vegetables such as zucchini, asparagus, sweet potato
For vata or kapha conditions: add a pinch of ginger powder
For pitta: leave out the mustard seeds
1/2 cup basmati rice
1 cup mung dal (split yellow)
6 cups (approx.) water
1/2 to 1 inch ginger root, chopped or grated
A bit of mineral salt (1/4 tsp. Or so)
2 tsp. Ghee
1/2 tsp. Coriander powder
1/2 tsp. Cumin powder
1/2 tsp. Whole cumin seeds
1/2 tsp. Mustard seeds
1/2 tsp. Turmeric powder
1 pinch asafoetida (hing)
Handful fresh cilantro leaves
1 and 1/2 cups assorted vegetables (optional)
Carefully pick over rice and dal to remove any stones. Wash each separately in at least 2 changes of water. Add the 6 cups of water to the rice and dal and cook covered until it becomes soft, about 20 minutes.
While that is cooking, prepare any vegetables that suit your constitution. Cut them into smallish pieces. Add the vegetables to the cooked rice and dal mixture and cook 10 minutes longer.
In a separate saucepan, sauté the seeds in the ghee until they pop. Then add the other spices. Stir together to release the flavors. Stir the sautéed spices into the cooked dal, rice, and vegetable mixture. Add the mineral salt and chopped fresh cilantro and serve.
#caution: kitchari mono-diet can lead to constipation if taken exclusively for several days, as it is low in fiber. To ensure proper elimination, the following may prove helpful if taken once a day, away from kitchari meals: psyllium husks or seeds with water or oat bran or prune juice.
Top Infertility Clinics in Delhi
Infertility can be caused due to various reasons which vary person to person and in the majority cases, it can be treated completely with the right treatment. The treatments various from just taking regular medicines to go through a specific procedure. Infertility is not something that's permanent and can't be treated. With the right treatment under experienced clinic, you can start your journey towards motherhood.
Here is a list of top infertility specialist clinic in Delhi-NCR with the highest success rate.
Dynamic Fertility and IVF Centre - South Extension
Advanced Fertility & Gynecology Centre - Lajpat Nagar
Elixir Fertility Centre - New Delhi
You can also send us a FREE ENQUIRY and we would connect you with the top specialists around you.
The trouble with recovering from most illnesses is that we begin to treat the illness too late. Although you cannot expect your body to announce the arrival of a virus, recognizing the signs of falling sick can help treat it earlier. For example, if you can't stop sneezing and can feel the onset of the flu, getting some extra sleep may make you feel better. Here are a few signs that can predict an illness
- Reduced appetite - A slight decrease in appetite during the summer is normal but if the sight of food makes you nauseous or you stop enjoying your food, it may be a sign of an oncoming illness. These illnesses could range from a simple cold to gastroenteritis or strep throat. A diminishing diet can be a result of the production of cytokines by the body as part of its inflammatory response to infections. Lesser food takes lesser time to digest thereby using lesser calories and diverting energy towards fighting the infection.
- Swollen neck glands - Feel your neck glands, just below the jawbone to check for infections. Swollen neck glands are the body's way of letting you know that you may be falling ill. These are usually a sign of ear infections, cold, dental problems or skin infections. Neck glands are storehouses for white blood cells. When these are activated into fighting infections, the collection of dead cells, bacteria etc result in swollen neck glands.
- Fatigue - There's a difference between being tired at the end of a long day and being exhausted throughout the day. The latter is a way your body is telling you to slow down and conserve energy to fight an oncoming illness.
- Muscle aches - Aching muscles can also be a sign of the oncoming flu. One of the main reasons for this is the body's production of antibodies that release histamines and cytokines in the bloodstream. When these travel to various muscles, they can trigger pain receptors leading to body aches.
- Low fever - The ideal body temperature is 98.7 degrees. If you have a higher temperature that persists for a few days, you may be coming down with an infection. Fever is your body's way of fighting infection by raising its internal temperature. A low fever is a sign of colds, allergies, and even stomach infections.
There is a fine line between being a hypochondriac and recognizing signs of falling sick. To differentiate between the two, pay attention to the type, duration, and intensity of symptoms. If you feel like you're on the verge of falling sick, rest your body and take some multivitamins. If you experience a sudden or severe change in symptoms, consult a doctor immediately.
My partner is not pregnant. We are planning to have one. So I want to knw will there be affect if I have three times sex one after the other n discharge into her every it. Will it effect to her to get pregnant.
Hello my name is richa shukla. I am 24 years old. My period date was 15 april but I take regestrone two times a day to delay periods from april 12 to april 20 and from april 15 to april 22 I have sex with my husband and I take two unwanted 72 tablets with in this period of time. But my period came on 30 april but it is less than usual and it came during day but absent in night and it lasts only in 3 days. What is this? Is there is any problem or any pregnancy?
I did not like to do sex as I never get pleasure feeling while doing it. It also affects my hubby pleasure. What should I do so that I can also enjoy doing sex.
Hi doctor, before last 3 month ago my wife had periods bt yet she not get periods. Bt we had physical contact 2 month ago or before that. Is there chance of pregnancy? Last period date: 1 July 2017 Yet not get periods. There was many time irregular periods also. Should I take home pregnancy test? Can we take home pregnancy test after 3 months of last periods? Is it possible to get accurate results or is it valid?
Exercise - You don't have to belong to a gym club. Thirty minutes walk every day will to prevent weight gain and encourage moderate weight loss.
Reduce fat intake - Cut down on sugar and opt for fruits and vegetables. This helps reduce cholesterol and blood pressure. Healthy food will also lead to better blood sugar control.
Reduce stress - Not everything we want we get. We have to accept that there are things that we cannot control. Managing time is also of great importance too. We must allow ourselves enough time to get things done. Set a time during the day for relaxation.
Improve sleep - Avoid caffeine, alcohol, nicotine, and other chemicals that interfere with sleep. Equip your bedroom with a comfortable mattress and pillows. Sleep in a dark clean and quiet environment.
Meditation - Meditation has been linked to a variety of health benefits. It has been linked to changes in metabolism, blood pressure, brain activation, and other bodily processes.
Positive thinking - People who think positively have an optimistic view of life that affects their health and well-being. Optimism has been shown to explain between 5–10% of the variation in the likelihood of developing some health conditions, notably including cardiovascular disease,stroke, depression, and cancer.
There are many more things you can know and boost your health. Searching for ssohm on internet will help.