Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. G.RadhikaYour feedback matters!
Hello sir/madam I have irregular periods it's already 45 days from my last period I have taken regestrone tabs for 3 days daily 2 tabs . After that it's 5th day after completing regestrone I did not get my period what I should I do now please suggest me as I have pooja at my home on 10th of this month I am worried about my periods.
Contrary to popular belief, women too have Adam’s apple. However, it is not developed enough to be prominently visible. The Adam’s apple is said to get its name from the Biblical event where Adam ate a bite of the forbidden apple in the Garden of Eden, which later got stuck in his throat. However, the development of Adam’s apple has a more scientific reasoning behind it.
The development of Adam’s apple is part of the changes a boy’s body goes through during puberty. The Adam’s apple refers to the protrusion of thyroid cartilage in front of the larynx or the voice box. It sits just above the thyroid gland and is officially known as a laryngeal prominence. The Adam’s apple is most prominently visible when looking at a man’s side profile.
During puberty, testosterone is produced in large amounts. This causes a boy’s larynges to expand thereby, lowering and deepening the male voice. As the larynx gets bigger the angle at which the right and left thyroid cartilage meets each other becomes more acute thereby, accentuating the Adam’s apple. For most men, these cartilage meet at a 90-degree angle making it prominently visible.
A woman’s larynx also grows during puberty, but not as much as men. For this reason, women have a higher pitched voice than men. Hence the angle between the right and left thyroid cartilage covering a woman’s larynx is usually around 120 degrees. Thus, it is usually not visible to the naked eye, but may be felt during a physical examination.
However, some women do have a larger voice box and hence a pronounced Adam’s apple. This does not have any serious health implications and could be because of a number of reasons including genetic factors or hormonal imbalances. In such cases, they may choose to get it surgically removed. This is because the presence of Adam’s apple is seen as a male characteristic and can have an adverse effect on a woman’s self-confidence. In many cases, men may also choose to have the size of their Adam’s apple reduced through surgery.
The Adam’s apple does not have a noticeable purpose. On the other hand, it can be a cause of concern for men trying to keep a secret as it may jump up and down when nervous. For many men, this bobbing of Adam’s apple is a giveaway when they tell a lie.
I am 19 years old. 10 months ago I had a major surgery of ovarian cyst doctor suggested laparoscopic but the cyst leads to major surgery. Last month I missed my period for 10 days. And this month again I missed my period for 8 days. If I thought about sex I will get wet and I feel like I am having sex. And I am getting dull pain near my stitches. I am too weak some one said I am getting those pains because of my weakness and it will take some time to cure. Help me please. I unable to resist the urge to thought about sex and I am getting pains in my uterus. Is it harmful to do that. Help me please.
Whenever I finger my wife vagina she doesn't like it and says it's burning inside. So what should I do?
I am a 27 yrs old female, have backache for more than a year. D3up sachets didn't give any good results. Tried doing yoga also but still backache persist. I was diagnoised with pcos on 2010 and took medicines for 3 years. The precibed medicine was krimson35. Need a solution for my backache and also for pcos. My height is 5'2 and weight is 67kgs.
Sir mera period khatm hone k 2 din baad sex kiya sperm kya koi chance hai pregnent hone kaa net p dikha rha hai ki period k 10 din k andar sex karne p pregnency kaa koi chance nhi hota hai.
My friend got pregnant due to pre-cum one week back i. E, on last week Wednesday, she don't want to get pregnant now, is there any way to stop pregnancy now.
What do you do when the munchies strike? Do you look for the healthiest option and wait for it? Or do you simply grab what you see instantly and stuff it in before you have second thoughts about it? Chances are, you may be onto a healthy diet which is being countered by an unhealthy snack time. So what can you do to snack in a healthy way? Read on to know more!
- Take Smaller Meals: Instead of doing three feast like meals and then vowing to stay hungry in between, it is better to instead divide your meals into five or six mini meals that will keep you going the whole day. This will keep you feeling full, and prevent you from reaching out for fatty, oily or excessively sweet food.
- Timing Matters: Knowing when and how to take your meals will decide whether or not you feel hungry for a snack at odd hours. Try to have breakfast within an hour after you wake up, and have your last meal well before bedtime. This will give your metabolism a kick and keep it working until your body's digestive fires are on so that you do not feel the need for snacks.
- Healthy Snacks: Who said snacks need to be composed entirely of junk food? You can create mini meals out of healthy sacks and learn to enjoy them too. Carry a small airtight jar of mixed dry fruits and nuts, roasted flaxseed, and other such ingredients which you can munch on. These ingredients help in curbing the hunger to a great extent. Also, you can indulge in a portion of fruit between one meal, and a salad between another. Whole grain crackers can also save you a great deal of calories.
- Bring Protein and Carbohydrates Together: Looking for a quick dose of energy as you sit slumped at your work desk, ready to demolish an entire muffin? Well, think of proteins and carbohydrates instead. A yummy dip with whole grain crackers, or a box of chickpeas seasoned with your favourite condiments, will do the trick. These snacks will help keep you full for longer periods, even as they give you a shot of energy without an unhealthy diet.
- Small Treats: Get yourself a small treat every once in a while so that you remember to enjoy the smaller things without going full on binge.
- Multitask: Get on to an important task while you snack so that you end up eating less, and you work more of your energy into the task instead.
- Snacking is not the offense: Snacking on the wrong thing is. So remember to be mindful of these tricks to get yourself a healthier snack.
Hi I have to ask a question about the Problems in My Pregnancy My Height is 5 ft 4 inch with exact weight of 53.5 kg as of 26 Jul 2015, in the 9th Week. Major Problems: Bitter Mouth (I'm unable to Eat and I'm on Liquids only) Excessive omitting - (Usually appears after 10 mins of eating) Is it Hyper-TSH See Below? Weight Loss HyperThyrodism is tested Positive and" PTU" is been prescribed. Minor Issues I'm not Thalsemnic. Means I am not prone to Thalsemnia.(As told by my Gyaneck) Sonography is Ok & Normal report dated 16 Jul 2015 LMP: 23 May 2015 & EDD: 27 Feb 2015 TSH Values: For" Free T3 = 3.61 pg/ml" &" Free T4 = 2.11 ng/dl" (Report dated: 22-07-2015) Medications Prescribed: Since 23 June 2015 Injections Taken Antacid: REGLAN IV, EMESET, RANTEC at Different Intervals Syrups Antacid: Digene Syrup Tablets & Vitamins Vitamins: FOURTE, SysFol (Folic Acid) Anti-Vomit: ONDEM MD 4 Kindly Assist me Please
I get cramps and severe pain during the menses. Also they last only for 3 days. And I get high white discharge too. Is the heavy white discharge normal?
Actually me and my wife did sex on March 26th, she got periods on 28th March. After that till now (may 1st) she didn't get periods. We have doubt that whether she got pregnant?
With the new fad to eat fatfree foods and remain healthy, the intent is to completely avoid fat. However, it is to be noted that fat is essential for various normal body functions, starting from proper brain functioning to hormone formation. What needs to be avoided is the unhealthy bad fat. Fat contains fatty acids, which are of two types-saturated and unsaturated. When heated, the polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) react with the oxygen in the environment and get damaged. These are to be avoided. The saturated fatty acids are relatively strong and do not oxidize or create damage. So, the next time you pick up oils, this is what you need to look at.
The good thing about olive oils is that it mostly contains monosaturated fatty acids (MSFA), which does not oxidize even at high temperatures (almost 180 degree Celsius).Another study showed that with deep frying using olive oil, it takes about 25 hours to produce the same damage as other cooking oils. Olive oil is produced by crushing olives.It can be refined or unrefined based on the amount of free oleic acid (lesser in the unrefined version).The unrefined form is the purer form, which is also known as extra-virgin olive oil. It has the aroma and flavor of olives and characteristic bitter taste.
What it contains: A can of 100 g of olive oil contains the following. Note the high content of monosaturated fat is present, which is highly healthy.
- Monounsaturated Fat: About 70%
- Saturated fat:About 13%
- Omega-6:About 10%
- Omega-3:About 1%
- Vitamin E:72% of the RDA.
- Vitamin K:75% of the RDA.
Some of the health benefits of extra virgin olive oil are listed below:
- Anti-inflammatory: Heart disease, cancers, diabetes, Alzheimer's are all chronic inflammatory conditions and using olive oil for prolonged periods can reduce the onset and severity of these conditions. The oleic acid acts against the C-reactive protein responsible for spreading inflammation.
- Antioxidants: The ingredients in olive oil including the anti-inflammatory oleocanthal and oleuropein are known for their antioxidant properties.The latter is what prevents oxidation of olive oil when heated. These have powerful health benefits and can help fight severe diseases.
- Cardio-friendly: There are various ways in which olive oil helps the heart, some of them being reduced inflammation, preventing blood clotting, lowering blood pressure, improving blood vessel lining, and improves LDL levels.
- Cancer: With its oxidative properties, it reduces the amount of free radicals in the body, thereby reducing cancer.
- Brain function: Olive oil also reduces cognitive functioning and reduces formation of beta amyloid which is seen in Alzheimer's disease.
The Mediterranean diet is rich in olive oil and they have inherited these health benefits over centuries.
I always want to cuddle ,hug and kiss my gf but she gets irritated whenever I ask her for these things and get angry due to this I can't concentrate on my studies please help me out.
I had an ectopic pregnancy in left tube due to which, my left tube was removed as well cysts from both ovaries were also removed during surgery. However, my right tube is healthy. What are the chances of getting healthy pregnancy again, and when should I prepare myself for next. Also, I have been taking met pco care for pcod problem and folic acids. How early can I expect?
My wife trying to conceive pregnancy but it doesn't after miscarriage 6 month son before 5 year. We have a daughter of 9 year old. My wife has PCOS disease. Kindly help us.
What if my bf brings his penis near my vagina but I am fully clothes and he is not and ejaculated a little bit can I pregnant in this way?
I am 29 years old, I had 4 late miscarriages (all almost around 4 months) in last 3.5 years. During last pregnancy, I had McDonald Cervical cerclage (In Delhi) to deal with cervical incompetence, but it also did not worked out and had miscarriage in Sep 2015. I read a lot on internet and found a solution of the problem of cervical incompetence by TAC (Transabdominal Cerclage)
My wife is 43 years old she is heart patient and taking ditide tab, now she is not getting menses Utrual cycle from last two months. We checked through I can pregnancy test it was negative with one bar. What to do? I am scared.
Birth control pills commonly known as hormonal pills, oral contraceptive pills, or just pill's are an effective female hormonal birth controlling pill. Young women and adolescent girls are very frequently prescribed birth control pills for heavy or irregular menstrual flow, acne, PMS, hormone therapy, menstrual cramps. In Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), which causes irregular menstrual flow due to hormonal changes, often birth control pills are given to lower the hormones and bring them within normal range. This also regulates the menstrual flow. Often adolescent girls who do not respond to acne treatment are prescribed hormonal pills. Also, these are given to girls who have endometriosis, irregular periods, and genetic conditions like Turner's syndrome.
Concerns associated with pills:
1) Do the Pills have any health benefits: Yes, it has benefits like treatment of PCOS, acne, regulates menstrual flow, decreases cramps, and lowers the risk of cancers and anemia (know more about anemia affect on health).
2) What are the side effects of the pill: Mostly it has no major problem as such. Pills containing estrogen might increase the risk of developing clots in eyes, lungs, and legs. If a woman complains of ACHES then she should be taken to the emergency.
A Abdominal pain
C Chest pain
H Headache along with dizziness and weakness
E Eye problems along with problems in speech
S Severe pain in the thigh or calf
3) Is there a risk of developing stroke or heart attacks while using the pill: A healthy woman who does not smoke and is on pills does not have any risk of getting a stroke or a heart attack. Smoking should be avoided when birth control pills have been prescribed.
4) Are there chances of getting cancer: Taking birth control pills actually protects the woman against ovarian and uterus cancer. Some experts also feel that the pill also reduces the chances of breast cancer.
5) Does the pill cause blood clots: Yes, there is little risk of developing clots in the legs. In adolescent girls the risk of forming clots is 5-50 per 100,000 every year. In pregnant women the risk is 4.3-10 folds more than those who do not use the pill.
6) Does the pill cause birth defects: The pill has not been associated with any birth defects and also does not harm the health of the child.
7) How does the pill help in irregular menstrual flow and acne:
In case of irregular menstruation the pill helps by regulating the menstrual cycle to every 28 days. It also helps to reduce the amount and the length of the menstruation.
The hormones present in the pill help to stop the acne. OTC or prescribed drugs can be taken for moderate to severe acne.