Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. G.Radhika
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. G.RadhikaYour feedback matters!
I am thirteen weeks pregnant now. I am suffering with diabetes. Pre pregnancy diabetes. I am taking insulin actrapid 30 units three times before d meals and glycomet500 mg after breakfast and dinner. Still my sugars are not under complete control. I am following diet also. Can you suggest the ways to control sugar levels? Will diabetes cause any harm to my baby. Tell me about complications. FBS between 83 to 98 Pp between 90 to 170. It is raising and coming down. Why?is there any danger to both of us. Thank you.
I am 22 years old and have been arranged for marriage after 3 months. Me and my fiance took a trip and things got a little out of control. We were both naked and there was a lot of grinding and the tip of his penis touched the outer area of my vagina with pre ejaculatory fluid on it. I got my last period on 22nd of april and this happened on the 10th of may. I have regular periods and am expecting my cycle on 22nd may. Is there any chances of me being pregnant. I did not take any hormonal pills for birth control. Please help me.
I had unprotected sex on my 4th day and had ipill within 12hrz. After 10 days I have brown discharge. Is it I am pregnant or I am not pregnant.
I did unprotected sex on 4 th feb and my date was 14th jan last month and on 4 th feb after having sex I took I pill and now I did not got my periods so what to do .am I pregnant.
I have 31 weeks pregnancy. Before pregnancy my weight was 50 kg. In 25 weeks my weight was 55 kg. During this 5-6 weeks my weight doesn't increase anymore. Please tell me how it will increase.
I am 19 weeks pregnant. Today I bleed while vomiting. Consulted my doc and was told I have a soft cervix. TIFFA scan yet to be done. What causes a soft cervix at this stage is there a reason to worry ?Can something in my diet or lifestyle make the cervix firm as needed? Please help. I didn't have any other issues so far during my pregnancy.
Plz tell me im worried about my periods I should have got 19 march its almost going to be one month late. Im not sexually active. Im taking m. E.N.S.O.O.N tablet for delayed periods how many days I should wait to get periods. Even I completed 6 tablets of it. Again after 2 days im taking m. E. N. S. O. O. N. please tell me wat b reason and is it ok to miss periods like dis. Almost 20 days delayed.
I am 23 years old. M 5 week pregnant. This is my first child. Please tell me what to do and what to don't do in diz week. please this is my first pregnancy and we are very happy.
The primary difference between pickle and chutney lies in the fact that pickles are meant to be preserved for months together while chutneys are devoid of preservatives and are required to be consumed very soon. Both of these food items proffer a host of health benefits including an optimum supply of all the needful minerals and vitamins along with the antioxidants. Some of the ingredients present in the pickle and chutney help in controlling high blood pressure, diabetes, improves digestion and immunity.
Pickles and the process of preparing the pickles
The process of making pickles is known to have originated in India, and it was the most viable way of preserving food items so that it can be stored for future usage. The process started as a means of preserving those food items, which are not available all through the year. The conventional means of preparing pickles in oriental style incorporates the usage of ingredients like oil, salt, chilli powder along with other condiments. The ingredients are mixed as per the set proportions, and there are many health benefits of eating pickles on a regular basis.
As per the reports of NSDA, pickles contain moisture, energy, fat, protein, carbohydrates, fibres, vitamins and sugar. The long list of vitamins includes Vitamin A, Vitamin B, Vitamin B-12, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, riboflavin, niacin, thiamin, and folate. Indian pickles abound in phosphorus, iron, magnesium, sodium and potassium. The health benefits of pickles include the supply of necessary antioxidants, probiotics which are the gut-friendly antibiotics, helps in digestion, improve haemoglobin levels in anaemic people. There are some pickles which aid in controlling blood pressure levels and have hepatoprotective properties.
Chutney and their health benefits
Chutneys are a ubiquitous component of Indian cuisine, and some of the most common flavours added to the chutneys include ginger, garlic, onion salt, sugar and tamarind among others. Homemade chutneys prepared in almost all Indian households can be preserved for about a week in the refrigerator. Chutneys are filled with vitamins along with other nutrients, and less usage of oil makes it fat-free. They are rich in antioxidants, and sometimes fresh leaves are added to ensure inclusion of chlorophyll.
Just like pickles, chutneys also offer a wide range of advantages for one’s health. It provides the body with the needful amount of antioxidants which are the micronutrients that aid in protecting the body from the free radicals. These free radicals are a type of unstable chemicals being generated at the time of cellular metabolism and react with the cells and cause damage to the DNA. The DNA then becomes unstable and gives way to the production of more free radicals which can be controlled by the consumption of antioxidants. The chutneys also supply the body with all the vitamins, minerals and other micronutrients which are necessary for sustaining healthy living.
To conclude, both pickles, as well as chutneys, are a significant part of the Indian food habits. Both of these items have a great taste and offer a wide variety of health aids which testifies to their consumption on a regular basis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Kissing has several benefits than it may seem, sure, it feels great, but apart from that, it also lowers your blood pressure. It further releases epinephrine hormone into your blood which allows your heart to pump blood faster and hence reduces the amount of the bad cholesterol. Here are a few reasons as to why you must grab the person you love and kiss him or her as soon as possible:
- It helps reduce your blood pressure: Kissing dilates the blood vessels and this can in turn help reduce the levels of your blood pressure.
- Relieves headache and cramps: The dilatation effect on the blood vessels seems to have a pronounced effect in relieving pain. This includes headaches and cramps from menstrual pain.
- Fights cavities: The saliva production in your mouth increases when you kiss. The excess saliva production helps to wash away the germs and plaque that accumulate in your mouth over a period of time. On the contrary, the cavity forming germs can also be transmitted from the mouth of one person to the other.
- Helps by releasing your happy hormones: Kissing helps release a cocktail of hormones such as dopamine, serotonin and oxytocin that are responsible for giving you a happy high. It is not just the sense of happiness you get from it, but also the hormones released can help strengthen the bond with your partner. Your lips have a dense connection of nerve endings which elevate the sense of pleasure in a person.
- Burn calories: Does it substitute for a 2 mile jog? No. But studies have shown that a good session of intense kissing can help burn up to about 8 to 16 calories.
- Boosts your self-esteem: Research has shown that people who leave home with a good bye kiss are more likely to work better and be in a good mood for the entire day. It could be because of the sense of feeling loved and cared for that makes one happy. A kiss can boost your self-esteem and even make you more productive at work.
- Tones the muscles of your face: Kissing involves the muscles present in your face and jaw line. A vigorous smooch can allow those muscles to act up and shape them in the process.
- Check out the compatibility with your partner: Kissing can be an important factor to measure the initial attraction of a person. This could be so important that it is often noticed that if the first kiss is not up to the mark, it can be a great turn off. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.