Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. G.Radhika
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. G.RadhikaYour feedback matters!
I had sex on 4th feb. Again on 18 feb I had unprotected sex but I took unwanted 72 within 48 hrs. My period date was 18 feb which diet started. I had took test in 23rd it was negative. I got my periods on 25th feb which was light n brown or black but on nxt day no period in morning again it started in evening with little n brown. 3rd day it was still little and black or brown. Why ths happen? Again I took test on 3rd march it was still negative. Again I took it on 18 it was negative.in march I dint get periods. On 2nd april I had a protected sex. On 11th april I took test it was negative ?on 18 april I saw red or brown cervical mucus I thgt my period will start bt didn't started. Today is 20 april still didt started? Wat ds ths means? For 1st time in feb it happen because of unwanted 72. Bt why this time? Am I pregnant? Whn shld I tk test? Or should I take tablets ton induce periods? please reply soon .its urgent.
I had sex with my bf last Wednesday. I was alright for the next two days i. E. Thursday and Friday bt on saturday there was pain in abdomen and it pained whenever I used to pee. So much so that there was blood coming out along with the pee. I haven't visited any gynac till now as there are improvements. My abdomen does not pains now bt my vagina still pains when I pee, theres no blood coming out now bt there some strange odour from, my pee. Please advice.
Mam my age is 24. I have pcod and thyroid. My thyroid levels are normal now. I am married. Trying to conceive. My LH level is25. My doctor prescribed me dronis30 for two months. I started dronis30 from 4th day of my period. The period was ended, but I saw very light bleeding only in urine from 6th day until today. Is it normal or any problem with dronis30. Please tell me when will it stop spotting.
Any kind of bleeding from the uterus, which is not normal, can be termed as abnormal uterine bleeding. This refers to bleeding between periods or before periods, bleeding after having sex, spotting, abnormally heavy bleeding or bleeding after attaining menopause. If you are suffering from any of these issues, you need to check with the doctor.
It is very important to diagnose abnormal uterine bleeding. There are several examinations and tests that have to be carried out, depending on age. For irregular spotting, a pregnancy test can be undertaken in case you think you could be pregnant. If your uterine bleeding is very heavy, a test has to be performed to check blood count. This is done to observe whether you have anemia. An ultrasound test of the pelvic region will also be advised by your doctor to know the cause of the bleeding. Several hormonal tests and thyroid function tests are required as well.
Other diagnostic tests include:
- Sonohysterography: When fluid is placed within the uterus and ultrasound images of the uterus are taken. An image of the pelvic organs is obtained.
- Hysteroscopy: It can be carried out when a device is inserted via the vagina and enables the doctor to examine the uterus internally.
- Magnetic resonance imaging: This is also used to get images of the organs.
- Endometrial biopsy: It involves insertion of a catheter to take out a tissue which is microscopically observed. Mirena is also inserted if ultrasound and biopsy is normal to control bleeding.
There are different types of treatment for abnormal uterine bleeding depending upon factors such as the cause of bleeding and the age of the patient.
- Medications: Several medicines are used to treat abnormal uterine bleeding. Sometimes hormonal medicines are used. Birth control pills are also used to improve the regularity of periods. Hormonal infections, vaginal creams and an IUD device releasing hormone can be used. Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are also used to control bleeding. Several antibiotics may also be prescribed.
- Surgery: In some cases of abnormal uterine bleeding, a woman has to undergo a surgery for the removal of growth such as polyps and fibroids, which results in bleeding. While some fibroids can be removed via hysteroscopy, others require different techniques for treatment.
- Endometrial ablation: It can be undertaken to control bleeding. This mode of treatment aims at reducing the bleeding permanently. In case all treatment methods fail, hysterectomy has to be carried out. This is a serious surgery and after it is performed, a woman does not have periods anymore and will not be able to conceive a child.
Abnormal uterine bleeding is a serious health condition, which may lead to severe complications. Immediate diagnosis and appropriate treatment methods should be undertaken in case of any abnormal uterine bleeding. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
If my period starts at 8 pm. Is it counted as day 1? My Dr. has advised me to get sm tests on day 2? So please suggest which is the day 1.
My wife is 4th month pregnant .she is vomiting from last night .till happened 7 times .vomiting material only like water. She is also feeling uncomfortable as well as has bad headache .is it normal any suggestions would be help full.
I am 28 year old. My problem is, I am not conceiving after d&c.dr. Said me that egg is not developing. What should I do? I am frustrate. Bcoz I think is tgus is serious problem? Am I be a mother or not? And also weight is decreasing day by day.in my first pregnancy I done d& c after 3 mnth. Bcz Dr. said that fetal pole is not coming. Then what was the reason behind it. please help me. I am too much depressed.
I am 22 years girl. From 2 -3 days m feeling pain in my both breast and underarms. It happens always before my periods starts. Why it is happening?
Giving birth to a child is the most profound form of joy felt by a woman. After getting pregnant, one should discuss with her gynecologist what form of surgery they should go in for. Women have been delivering babies by normal childbirth without any complications since the old times. However, complications might arise if you don't take proper care of your body before the date of delivery. You should be careful and alert at all times so that there are no detrimental effects to you and your child.
Certain tips and guidelines should be followed so that you and your child are safe and secure during a normal delivery:
- Diet: As soon as you know you are pregnant, you should take care of your diet. Avoid junk food and street food. Stick to a nutritious diet, which contains vegetables, fruits and whole grains. Iron and calcium rich food items should also be consumed for the healthy development of your fetus.
- Active lifestyle: Try to exercise daily. Include light permissible yoga and also light walks during your pregnancy. You can also join a yoga fitness class for expecting mothers. This can make your body flexible and ready for a normal delivery.
- Water: Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water every day to keep yourself hydrated during your pregnancy.
- Stress: Pregnancy can be extremely stressful. This can take a toll on your body and also on your unborn child's health. Also too much stress can make labor a difficult experience, as the pelvic muscles might not expand for the baby to pass through.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption: Tobacco is very harmful and might lead to birth defects in your child. Alcohol also acts as a poison. Intake of these substances should be avoided completely.
- Prenatal class: Joining a prenatal class can be very helpful because you get to learn about giving birth and the things, which your body will be required to do during labor. This can come handy during the delivery.
- Breathing exercise: During labor it is possible that you can experience shortness of breath. Practicing breathing exercises will help you prepare for a normal delivery.
These tips should be known by every expectant mother so that the strenuous process of a normal delivery is eased out.