Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. G.NandhiniYour feedback matters!
I have a 10 month baby, in this condition which type of medicine should take and what are the side effect after taking that medicine?
My daughter has just completed 7 years n last 2 weeks she is complaining while bathing that her nipples r paining even I can observe that her breast portion is growing. In this case what should I do?
Sir/Mam I am 16 years old. Sir/Mam, my nose suddenly broken when I was eating food. My nose is bleeding so much. Some peoples saying that my vein is broken, please help.
How should I increase my breast milk production? My baby feeds on that only and does not accept formula milk.
How do I know my pregnancy? I am a breast feeding mom, my baby is 5 months old. I am not having periods till my child birth, in that case how do I identify my pregnancy?
Mera name shashi hai meri age 23 years hai, mera baby sirf 1 month ka hi hai magar mujhe dudh hi nahi aa raha hai mai darti hu ki bahar ka dudh pilane se mera baby kamzor ho jayega so please mujhe medicine bataiye jiska istemal karne se mai apna dudh baby ko pila saku.
My 10.5 month baby isn't gaining weight. I give her two snacks and three meals a day which includes veggies and fruits. Her weight is 7 kgs which is really concerning. I wish there should be an article on babies weight like other articles by doctors.
My daughter is 6 years. She is becoming arrogant and restless. If some horror picture she observed confirm she will vomit in night during sleep. We (myself, my wife and my only daughter) a flat in kolkata. Our parents live in native. She like swimming but couldn't try to swim without boat.
Hi doc, my son is 1 year 4 months old. My question is regarding avg sleep hours for this age babies. He hardly sleeps 9 hours in night and in between also wakes up in crying mood. Can you please give me some info on this so that I can come over my worry?
I'm breastfeed my 14 months old baby but I am losing weight gradually every month I am loosing 1-2 kg. Is it normal or there is any health issues.
My baby is 1 year old but has no teeth still and has bow legs as well. She also has very less hair on her head .Her weight gain is also very slow .Now she is 1 year and 8 kg only. Is this any deficiency symptom?
Hi my son is 1 year 8 months he's not eating properly don't know y he use to eat well but fr 2 days hes not eating he had cold we are giving him recofast and augpen kid DT.
My son (2.9 years) suffers from stool problem. He doesn't empty his stomach unless the syrup Laxobix is given. This has been going on since 7-8 months. I don't know how to bring him back to natural way.
My grand daughter 5 & 1/2 months old has suddenly developed disinterest towards her bottled milk feeds. Her weight is 6.30 kgs. She is being given nestle man pro 1. Her regular intake was approx 130 to 140 ml 5 to 6 times a day, but she could take only 2 feeds of 130 ml each & 4 feeds of 80 ml in last 24 hours. Some sort of irritation is also a new kind of development, in her otherwise pleasant mood. She is not being breastfed. Her birth weight was 1.680 kgs only. Kindly suggest appropriate treatment/ directions.
I am a mother of two kids 3.5 n 10 p months old. I have a question to all the doctors. Ppl say common cold is s common n cures naturally. While I ahve seen with both of kids n myself it has a cycle which ia of runny nose 2 days, stuffy nose 1-3 days and then coughing for 6 plus days. I have tried curing them with so many home remedies but nothing seems to help. Everytime I have to take my kids to doctor either homeopathic or allopathic for one or the other phase of the cycle. Like coughing etc for which doctor prescribes antibiotic like currently to my daughter for cough in sleep she is prescribed cefpodoxime. Why is common cold not common nowadays.
Upon reaching adolescence, children's bodies undergo several changes and so do their minds. It is then that their minds are most, as well as least impressionable. And the daunting question regarding the upbringing of an adolescent is how to treat their constantly changing behavior?
Here are some of the tantrums adolescents more commonly throw, and what should ideally be your approach to it:
- Your child seems to hate you: It is very common for a phase of emotional exclusionism to prevail between 16-17 years of age approximately. And the worst thing you could do is heighten that emotion by returning the hatred. Make sure you're firm against any extremely unacceptable behavior, but at the same time, show them that you're there for them no matter what.
- Electronic devices become the center of their attention: Whenever you want to have an earnest conversation with your children, their attention seems to be drawn solely to their phones and computers. They feel the need to be connected to their friends and all times. Ways to monitor that are by setting limit to the maximum hours spent on devices or making them pay their own bills, which will make them more responsible rather than splurging unnecessarily. Also, if your child is not entirely secluded from the family, it is probably best not to interfere all the time.
- Ignoring the curfew: Your kids often stay out later than the set limit. But it is quite possible that your curfew is unreasonable when compared to other parents' curfew. Find out what the average time limit is; it may prevent your child from bearing a grudge against you. In case they still fail to respect your curfew, make sure you spill out to them what the consequences can be, like being grounded for a week. However, in certain cases, your child may be spending time doing nothing constructive, but away from home. There may be something else going on, find out what that is.
- Being friends with the wrong people: Sometimes it might happen that you think some children do not have a good influence on your child, but you cannot say that directly because adolescents tend to get very defensive about their choice of friends. Unless the adolescent is doing something harmful with the friend, like using drugs, let him exercise his choice. Otherwise, don't hesitate from seeking professional help to counsel your child.
- Being over-dramatic: Every emotion is heightened in your child and you cannot tell them that what they are whining or being overjoyed about are trivial, because that's their prime focus then. Let them realize on their own how irrational they sound or else you may risk spoiling your relation with them.
She is weeping since her birth we have done all medical test which is good but when we give her painkiller (superspas) she remains quite for sometime so please give me suggestion what I do for my baby to control her weeping.
Diarrhea is a disorder that affects people of all age groups. Medically speaking, Diarrhea is a mechanism that the body uses to eliminate germs from the body. Usually this disorder lasts for a few days to a week. It is usually accompanied by nausea, fever and dehydration.
Children can be affected by diarrhea in a number of ways, some of them are:
- Infections: Various infections, such as the ones caused by rotavirus and salmonella bacteria can lead to diarrhea. Usually diarrhea in children is caused by viruses; if it is viral in nature, then it can also cause stomach cramps, headache and vomiting. It also leads to loss of fluid from the body. Hence, the child's fluid intake should be compensated accordingly. Usually oral rehydration solution that contains nutrient such as potassium and sodium are preferred.
- Medications: Intake of certain medications, such as antibiotics and laxatives can cause diarrhea in children. If the cause is due to antibiotic intake, then you should consult a doctor. The doctor may alter the dosage or ask to increase the child's water intake. Yoghurt may also help ease the symptoms of diarrhea if it is caused by antibiotics.
- Food poisoning: Diarrhea may also result from food poisoning; symptoms of this type usually disappear quickly. Along with loose and watery stools, the child may vomit frequently.
The major complication that results from diarrhea is dehydration. Severe dehydration may lead to severe brain damage and seizures. It may also cause symptoms of dry mouth, fatigue, dizziness and dark yellow urine.
Certain preventive measures are:
- Use your good judgment while eating outside. Do not consume food from places which use unhygienic modes of preparation.
- Make sure your child does not drink contaminated water and there is access to clean and filtered water all the time.
- Your child should be eating a balanced diet that primarily consists of vegetable and fruits. They also help in adding fiber to the diet that keeps your bowels healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.