Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. G.NandhiniYour feedback matters!
Respected sir/mam now my baby is 6 weeks old. Please tell me which vaccines are mandatory. And which are optional.
What is the remedy for respiratory infection it is more during winter but it is not there during summer how to get rid of this problem permanently please advise.
Diabetes often referred as diabetes mellitus is a metabolic diseases in which the person has high blood glucose (blood sugar) either because insulin production is inadequate or because the body's cells do not respond properly to insulin or both. There are three types of diabetes:
1. Type 1 diabetes: The body doesn't produce insulin. People usually develop type 1 before their 40 th year often in early adulthood or teenage years. It is nearly 10% of total diabetes
2. Type 2 diabetes: The body doesn't produce insulin for proper function, approximately 90% of all cases of diabetes of this type
3. Gestational diabetes: This type affects females during pregnancy, uncontrolled or undiagnosed gestational diabetes can raise the risk of complications during child birth
My son has very dark colour near neck area. Underarms and near thighs. He is overweight and 13 years old. Give some remedies for this.
My 3 year old daughter is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she Can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I Do?
What is a growth disorder?
A growth disorder is any type of problem in infants, children, or teenagers that prevents normal growth. Normal growth depends upon several factors, such as nutrition, genetics, and hormones (chemical messengers of the body). Hormones are necessary for normal growth and development; they regulate the body's growth, metabolism (the physical and chemical processes of the body), and sexual development and function.
Endocrine (hormonal) causes of growth disorders include thyroid hormone deficiency (hypothyroidism), growth hormone deficiency, hypopituitarism, or other hormone disorders. However, some growth problems are not necessarily growth disorders; normal variants of growth patterns include genetic short height (familial short stature) and slow growth/delayed puberty (constitutional growth delay).
Although growth hormone was originally used to treat growth hormone deficiency (this group of patients respond the best to growth hormone therapy), there have been other conditions for which growth hormone therapy has been approved for use. These include Turner syndrome, chronic renal insufficiency, Prader-Willi syndrome, and children who were small for gestational age and have not caught up in their growth by the age of two years. In 2003 the FDA approved the use of growth hormone for children who have
Hii I have a new born baby nine days age I have not enough milk I take medicine powerder everything but not so much milk so I gave her to cow milk mix some water she take it well but she is going very hard potty after that I it's normal ya I am worried.
My son is 5 month old. I would like to introduce fruit juice and ragi porridge for him. Can you give me idea about the food chart that can be given for him.
I am 22 years old I have already two years baby. My last periods is on 25.06.2016 till now I dint get my periods. I took pregnancy test so it is positive. I want to abort it pls suggest me tablet and the procedure its urgent please.
My baby is 5 and half months old. Her eyes are reddish color. Her weight also decreasing day by day.
My child aged 12 years is having white small spots on his both hands. Spots are small in size, seems fungus. Request advise.
For children with normal separation anxiety, there are steps you can take to make the process of separation anxiety easier.
1. Practice separation. Leave your child with a caregiver for brief periods and short distances at first.
2. Schedule separations after naps or feedings. Babies are more susceptible to separation anxiety when they’re tired or hungry.
3. Develop a “goodbye” ritual. Rituals are reassuring and can be as simple as a special wave through the window or a goodbye kiss.
4. Keep familiar surroundings when possible and make new surroundings familiar. Have the sitter come to your house. When your child is away from home, let him or her bring a familiar object.
5. Have a consistent primary caregiver. If you hire a caregiver, try to keep him or her on the job.
6. Leave without fanfare. Tell your child you are leaving and that you will return, then go—don’t stall.
7. Minimize scary television. Your child is less likely to be fearful if the shows you watch are not frightening.
8. Try not to give in. Reassure your child that he or she will be just fine—setting limits will help the adjustment to separation.
Abnormal separation anxiety needs expert assistance. Consult a psychologist for advise and intervention.