Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. ElambaradhiYour feedback matters!
No one likes to suffer from any infection, and especially not in the upper respiratory tract. This is because few things have the potential to ruin a person’s productivity, and infection is one of those things.
The throat pain has its own unique way of irritating the person suffering from this infection along with a headache, which renders all intention to get stuff done useless. This takes a serious toll on a person’s health and well-being.
Taking all this into account, a person would obviously want to get rid of the upper respiratory tract infection. In fact, there are a variety of ways in which doctors treat infections of the upper respiratory tract. After all, it all depends on the specific field of medicine that the doctor practices. As a matter of fact, homeopathy is said to be the best way to treat such an infection.
Belladonna is one of the most effective medicines from the field of homeopathy when it comes to treating upper respiratory tract infections. In fact, what often happens is that the medicine which is taken to nips the problem in the bud before it has been given the time and chance to progress.
While it is true that a name such as arsenicum album may be a little disconcerting on account of having the word Arsenic in its name, it does plays a big role in reducing the impact of upper respiratory tract infections. This medicine has its greatest effect on those who feel really cold due to the infection and feel that their noses are blocked. An added symptom is feeling a burning sensation. It may be true that most people who have upper respiratory tract infections experience two if not all three of these symptoms.
Infections such as these do involve a lot of sneezing in some cases. And this sneezing can be really annoying, not only for the person who experiences persistent sneezing multiple times a day but also for the people around him or her! In a situation like this one, the best medicine is none other than Merc sol! People with fevers and a recurrent thirst are the ones who need this medicine.
Sometimes, during weather changes or epidemics, the symptoms may be similar or may even overlap in patients. It is best to visit a homeopathic practitioner to get the right treatment at the right time.
Is vertigo a serious disease? From last two days I'm experiencing symptoms like ringing in the ears and the things are moving and consulted a neurologist and he prescribed two medicines- betavert 16 mg and nexito 5 mg. I just want to know whether it is serious condition.
I am having Chest burning problem and sinusitis problem and little sex problem and stomach gas problem.
I totally lost my voice my throat is paining and swelled I can not raise my voice so please suggest me medicine.
Sir I was having saur throat from 2-3 days when I checked in the mirror I noticed a white pach at the back of the tongue what can it be? Anything to worry?
Earaches can make life miserable. At times, the pain gets so intense that it throws life in jeopardy. This is where homeopathic medicines come as a huge relief. Earaches of different origins can be effectively treated with homeopathic medicines.
- Chamomilla: Chamomilla is the best homeopathic relief for people suffering from excruciating earache. The pain usually aggravates at night. The maddening pain leaves the person mentally very agitated. The medicine is equally helpful for children who get agitated and irritated due to the unbearable pain.
- Pulsatilla: At times, the earache is accompanied by a thick (mostly greenish) discharge from the ear. As a result, the ear feels quite heavy. A person might also experience difficulty in hearing. The darting pain is at its worst self at night. Such earaches and associated symptoms are best treated with the homeopathic medicine, Pulsatilla.
Sometimes, even a little exposure to cold air can result in earaches. Worse still, there is a pus like discharge from the ear and fever. The ear is very sensitive to touch. Hepar Sulph is an ideal homeopathic remedy under such circumstances. Psorinum is mainly used when the pus like discharge has a very unpleasant odour.
At times, dental problems and throat infections can result in severe earache. Homeopathy has a solution for all. Plantago is an excellent homeopathic medicine to treat earaches resulting from toothache. Merc Sol is effective against earaches originating from dental problems. In such cases, there may be blood or yellow discharge from the ear and the pain gets unbearable at night.
Lachesis and Phytolacca are known to provide great relief from earaches resulting from throat infections. Lachesis is helpful when the throat pain slowly shoots up to the left ear. Swallowing of food makes the situation worse. Phytolacca, on the other hand, is the best medicine when the shooting ear pain is right sided. Belladonna helps to deal with severe and throbbing ear pain.
Infection of the Otitis Media (middle ear) is a common factor, resulting in earaches. There may be fever and pus like discharge. The hearing is also greatly impaired. At night, the pain reaches the superlative degree. Go for Hepar Sulph if the pain intensifies upon slightest exposure to cold air. Use Belladonna in case the ear infection is at a very nascent stage. Pulsatilla is equally effective to treat such earaches.
Many a times, the ear pain can be of nerve origin. It is more of a facial pain, with the ear being affected. Verbascum Thapsus (Mullein Oil) can be of great help and can also be effectively used as an ear drop to provide some relief. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Bone Anchored Hearing Aid (BAHA) is a device surgically implanted to help people suffering from a loss of hearing. Most conventional hearing aids transmit sound through air conduction. The BAHA device is suitable for conductive or mild-moderate mixed hearing loss.
Problems with hearing in the middle or outer ears can be helped with the BAHA device. The sound waves received by the BAHA device bypass the middle ear and get delivered straight to the functioning cochlea in both ears.
A BAHA device comprises of two parts:
- The processor
- A fixture which is surgically implanted behind the ear in the bone.
The implant is embedded in the bone. The processor, which remains outside, is attached to the implant. There is a microphone on the processor that picks up sounds. The sounds are passed on to the implant. The implant vibrates which triggers the Cochlear. You can consider wearing a BAHA implant if other conventional hearing aids do not work for you. BAHA implants are also given to people with collapsed or irritated ear canals.
Cochlear Implant Surgery
A complex, small electronic device that helps hearing in people with severe hearing loss or deafness is used in the Cochlear Implant Surgery. The cochlear implant comprises of an external piece behind the ear and another piece that is surgically implanted under the skin. A cochlear implant comprises of four parts:
- A microphone which picks up sounds from the surroundings
- A speech processor which chooses and arranges the sounds the microphone picks up
- A receiver/stimulator and transmitter that picks up signals from the speech processor and changes them into electric impulses
- An electrode ray, a bunch of electrodes, receives impulses the stimulator sends and transmits them to different areas of the auditory nerves.
The implant does not cure deafness; it only gives you a useful portrayal of sounds in the environment and considerable aid in understanding speech.
The surgery is done in the following way:
- The area around the site of the implant is shaved or cleaned
- The patient's vital signs are monitored through cables, patches and monitors attached to him or her
- General anaesthesia is administered through IV or through a face mask
- After the device is implanted, the patient is taken to the recovery room for the anaesthesia effect to lessen. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
I have hoarseness for past three weeks. Throat tightness. Small visible lymph inflammation with no cervical lymphadenopathy in USG detected. Gone thru below tests: Throat Endoscopy: Inflammation in larynx told that because of smoking/acid reflux which I doubt. Neck USG: two cystic lesions one with eccentric calcific focus. Both are too small for USG guided FNAC. Xray and CBC all clear. Will undergo upper GI endoscopy if symptoms don't settle in next 10 days. Please suggest road ahead.
Dizziness, vertigo and disequilibrium are common symptoms and most of us have experienced momentary symptoms. They are all symptoms that can result from a peripheral vestibular disorder (a dysfunction of the balance organs of the inner ear) or central vestibular disorder (brain and pathways connecting brain to inner ear).
Dizziness is a sensation of lightheadedness, faintness, or unsteadiness.
It can be caused by heart disease, brain related causes like stroke, prolong illness, psychological issues, side effect of certain medications, blood pressure fluctualtions and many&nbsp;other condiions.
Vertigo has a rotational, spinning component, and is the perception of movement, either of the self or surrounding objects. Its a common symptom in inner ear disorders. Some of the conditions that cause vertigo are: bppv or positional vertigo, menieres, labrynthitis, vestibular neuritis, mal de barquement syndrome, perilymph fistula, toxicity of ears due to certain antibiotics, acoustic neuroma etc.
Disequilibrium means unsteadiness, imbalance, or loss of equilibrium. It can occur as a primary symptom or along wth vertigo and dizziness.
Vestibular rehabiliation can help decrease these symptoms. If you wish to know in detail please click on private consultation.
I am having head ache for the past 10 days and dizziness also so please advice me with the appropriate medication and treatment if needed.
I am 34 year old male, and from last many years I am suffering from sinus problem & due to cough deposition sometime I feel uneasy in breathing. What should I do.
I am suffering from cold body ache headache and pain in throat stuffy nose weakness Body temperature 99. 0f is from 3 days. What should I medicate to get rid from this.
I am 60 years old. Since last 15 days, I have been suffering from -----burning in stomach, mild pain some times, after eating and drinking of water, I get burp and along this burp liquid comes out, some time with yellowish colour, some time it also contains food stuff which is eaten by me. Dry burp also comes. Since then I am also suffering with nose congestion, throat congestion. I have to pull the mucous of nose through throat. Because it does not come by nose blowing. Mucous also comes from throat. I am very much annoyed with this throat condition and congestion. Whether both these symptom of acidity and throat has any relation with each other. Dr. please help me. Dr. has given me biochemic 25 for remedy. Whether it is ok.
Homeopathy is considered to be an untested medicine for many. This is why so many patients who have a sore throat immediately turn to tablets, hot water or even syrups to relieve the pain. Different causes of a sore throat will have different remedies.
Here are the some of the homeopathic remedies for different causes of a sore throat.
- Belladonna: This is the best medicine when there is any difficulty swallowing. It is also very readily available.
- HeparSulph: Heparsulph is generally used when there is a sensation in your throat, which feels like there is some sort of splinter.
- Phosporus: Phosphorus is a more widely used homeopathic remedy. It is used to treat what is called as 'clergyman's' sore throat. This is when there is a tickling sensation in the larynx.
- Lachesis: This is also a very uncommon and rarely required medicine. However, sometimes our throat feels sore only when we take liquids. In this case, lachesis is the ideal remedy.
- Bryonia: Bryonia is a much more common homeopathy. It is used when there is a cough accompanying the sore throat.
- Merc sol: Tonsilltis is generally considered to be a condition too serious to cure with homeopathy. However, Merc sol does do this effectively. Belladonna is also pretty good at it. They also help with a sore throat.
- Arsenicum album: This medication is most commonly used when a sore throat is accompanied by a cold.
- Aconite: Aconite is considered even better than arsenicum album in treating a sore throat which is also accompanied by a cold.
- Capsicum: This is a great homeopathic remedy for a pain in the throat which goes all the way to the ears.
- Argentium Metallicum: Argentium Metallicum is used when the soreness of your throat worsens with the use of the voice. Professional singers and public speakers are especially in need of this medicine as they frequently use their voice.
- Chamomilla: This remedy is especially great for helping cure sore throat in children.
- Baryta Carbonicum: This is a remedy used for a very similar reason to what chamomilla is used for. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopathic.