Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. EinsteinYour feedback matters!
What is good daily routine for Sugar patient? Daily routine just like taking food, walking n which food prefer or not.
When the sugar concentration in the blood increases suddenly and unreasonably, the resulting condition is known as diabetes. Sugar or glucose is generally used in order to provide much needed energy to our bodies. But when the pancreas dysfunctions, it leads to a problem in the insulin production. As a result, glucose or sugar gets directly absorbed into the blood, instead of getting absorbed by insulin. And this leads to the condition of diabetes.
Diabetes Treatment in Ayurveda
For Ayurvedic treatment of diabetes, the first step is usually dietary planning and lifestyle change. Adopting a more active lifestyle, and a healthy, balanced diet low on sugars and starches, is a must. You must begin by avoiding sugars in all forms. This means you will have to get rid of rice, potatoes, white bread, sugar coated cereals, bananas, colocasia and much more. Add a lot of green leafy vegetables to your diet to improve your nutritional status and metabolism. In addition to these, also add some herbs to your diet. Ayurvedic herbs that act as natural medicine for diabetes include turmeric, bitter gourd, gurmar leaves, bael, fenugreek and many more.
Apart from diabetes Ayurvedic treatment, you could also practice yoga, which can help you improve your health. Several yogic asanas help massage your internal organs so that they are healthier and can function much better. Some of the asanas are especially beneficial for the pancreas, which produces insulin. You may have to make some changes to your lifestyle as well. For starters, you will have to maintain a more active lifestyle. You will also have to avoid sleeping in the daytime. Avoid smoking and consuming alcohol and take extra care of your feet.
As an ancient science based on lifestyle related treatment methods that include herbs, massages and life changing tweaks, Ayurveda also provides various methods of managing this ailment. Here's how!
- Bitter Gourd: Known as an ingredient that is rich in antioxidants, this can be consumed to take care of diabetes. You will need to first remove the peel of at least four to five bitter gourds before crushing them to create a paste. This paste has to be put through a sieve so that the juice of the gourds can be extracted. You will then have to drink this juice every morning, on an empty stomach.
- Cinnamon: From treating coughs and colds to diabetes and other serious ailments, this is a wonder spice that can be found in most Indian kitchens. You can start by boiling a litre of water and letting it simmer on the gas for about twenty minutes. Thereafter, you can add three teaspoons of cinnamon powder to this simmering water. Strain this mixture and drink the entire batch every day to clear out the toxins.
- Fenugreek Seeds: For this, you will need to take about four to five tablespoons of fenugreek seeds. These will have to be soaked in a glass of water or about 250ml of water, overnight. In the morning, the softened seeds will need to be crushed before the mixture is strained. The water that escapes should be collected and ingested every day for a period of two months.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a powerful and well-known ingredient that is used for curing and managing many ailments. You will need to mix about half a teaspoon of turmeric powder with one teaspoon of amla powder as well as half a tablespoon of methi seeds or fenugreek seeds powder. This concoction will have to mixed in half a glass of water and taken daily on an empty stomach. This can be used by patients suffering from heart ailments as well.
- Diet: Cereals like ragi, corn, kulit, green millet, and barley are known to beneficial for patients suffering from diabetes. Leafy greens are also a must for such patients along with protein-rich foods like soya beans. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Hi doc I am 28 years old now suffering from type 2 diabetes since 2010 I am constantly gain weight as I take insulin shots I really want to loose weight as I get easily depressed take stress and feel more negative please do advice me as I don' t know what diet would suit me because once I start good diet I don't see any good results so please advice.
Hello doctor, my biggest problem is hair fall. After my 10th exam my hair fall problem is suddenly started. I use various oil for controlling my hair fall but I fail. Now what I do doctor? Tell me perfect solution for this. And I also hypothyroidism problem. And now my weight is 78 kg and hight 170 cm.
The causes and treatment of male infertility
Hello viewers. I am Doctor Rahul Reddy from Androcare Andrology Institute. I am microsurgical Andrologist. Today I am going to discuss about male infertility problems. Why a patient a male patient with low sperm count has to go for ICSI procedure. So there is treatment for male infertility. At least 40% of the patients without any major treatment, they can improve. And another 30% of patients with minimal procedure, they can come back to normalcy. The reason for sperm count going down is Lifestyle issues, hormonal imbalance and obstructions, because of the infections and prosthetic and seminal vesicle infections. What happens in Lifestyle, we don't sleep properly, we don't do workouts, the testosterone will go down.
When testosterone goes down it suppress the sperm count, the ejaculate volume the semen volume will go down and the penetrating capacity of the sperm is also low when your testosterone is low. So we have to change your lifestyle to improve our sperm count. Second common cause for a low sperm count is infections. A male genital tract if you understand that there is testis and there is a sperm tube and from the sperm tube there is a small cement reservoir which is called seminal vesicle and from there whenever a male ejaculate, the semen comes out into the urine passage then it comes out. So in these practice in this complete track wherever there is infection sperm can get affected so whenever we see a patient with low motility the common cause is epididymal infection and these are easily treatable.
So if you start treatment in early days we can completely make this patient normal. The third part is the semen tube. If the semen tube is blocked then it is difficult to treat. The fourth part is the semen reservoir. Why we call it a seminal vesicle? The prostate and seminal vesicle, they produce the white colour fruit which is in the semen. So most of the times we see patients has zero sperm count but he ejaculate. But what they ejaculate is the fluid from the prostate or seminal vesicle which is where there is no sperm inside. So this sperm tube is directly connected to your urine Pathways and the seminal vesicle with the semen reservoir is closely associated with the rectum which is a motion pipe.
So what happens is if there is a infection in urine pipe? This infection can enter the prostate or seminal vesicle and then it can cause severe infection. But why I say severe infections because these most of these infections are silent infections. If you know that there is an infection or there is any pain you can go to doctor. You will go to your doctor and get it treated but most of the time these infections are silent. Whenever a patient comes to us with low sperm count, then we do Semen analysis, we do semen culture, we find out what the kind of infection they have, kind of the bacteria they have and then we have to start treating these patients but only catch in these patients is they need long-term antibiotics and unlike urinary tract infections. So generally in urinary tract will give antibiotics for four five days but inseam infections you need antibiotics for 15 to 20 days. So don't get worried about male infertility. Nowadays 80%, up to 80% of patients with male infertility they can have normal count, normal improvement.
So if you have low sperm count go and see your local urologisy and he will help you in this matter. If you are not getting result you can reach me on lybrate.
Hello Doc, I have not got my periods for last 4 months. I went through an ultrasound, thyroid and serum prolactin test. All test remains normal except serum prolactin which is 25.5 , Is this normal range? If normal, what could be the reason for irregular period, please advise.
The body has multiple chemicals called hormones, which regulate many of its functions. Increased or decreased levels of these hormones affect various functions including metabolism, growth and sexual functions. Thyroxin produced by the thyroid (situated in the front of the neck) is one such hormone, which has a significant role to play in metabolism.
Graves’ disease is one of the main causes of hyperthyroidism, where there is excessive production of thyroid hormones. Graves’ disease is an autoimmune disorder, wherein the body reacts against its own tissues. It is very common in women than men, especially after 20 years of age. Family history also has a strong correlation in developing Graves’ disease. The high levels of thyroid hormone increase the rate of metabolism, thereby altering weight, mental energy levels, physical stamina, and also mood.
Thyroid hormone is related to metabolism and more amount of it lead to higher metabolism. This causes the following symptoms.
- Intolerance to heat
- Excessive sweating
- Nervousness and anxiety
- Inability sleep, as the mind is always excited
- Increased appetite (sometimes despite weight loss) due to higher metabolism
- Irregular menstrual cycles
- Palpitations (rapid, loud heartbeat)
- Irregular heartbeats (tachyarrhythmia)
- Fine tremors of the extended arms
- Breast enlargement in men, known as gynecomastia
- Extreme moodiness, causing irritability and anger
- Inability to focus and concentrate
- General fatigue and shortness of breath with any exertion
- Increased frequency of bowel movements
In addition, the eye symptoms are quite diagnostic including:
- Protrusion of the eyes (exophthalmos), giving an impression that they are going to fall out
- Double vision
- Excessive tearing
- Increased irritation in the eyes
Diagnosis: The first symptom would be the presence of an enlarged thyroid gland (front of the neck above the collarbone), and the some of the above symptoms would be present.
In addition, tests to check for thyroid gland functioning including T3 and T4 levels would reveal increased amounts of hormone in the blood stream.
As a confirmatory test, the radioactive iodine uptake test also is done, which will indicate increased uptake by the thyroid gland. This indicates that the gland is functioning at an increased pace and requires additional iodine for the production of thyroid hormones.
Treatment: There are two approaches to it, one to control the symptoms and the other to control the thyroid gland per se.
- Beta blockers are very useful in controlling rapid heart rate and anxiety.
- Prednisone may be used to control eye irritation and swelling
- Antithyroid drugs are used to control the production of thyroid
- Radioactive iodine is given orally to control excessive thyroid production
- In severe cases, thyroid gland may be surgically removed partially or completely
Graves’ disease is not life-threatening and once symptoms are controlled, the patient’s quality of life improves drastically. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a endocrinologist.
Hi. Sir am diabetic, am taking glyciphage 50mg 1 at after dinner am vegetarian. My weight is 104kg, like to walk and am walking 3km perday, but now if I walk more my sugar gose down. And take medication for BP talma-am 40mg. I feel hungry everyafter 3 hours. I take full breakfast at 9am. Lunch at 2pm only moong dal and rice and salads. Some snacks at 7 pm. Dinner at 9.30pm. Some bhaji and chapati And curd or chas. But cant reduce my weight. Am I taking right medicine. I check my sugar and bp at every 3-4 months. Please guide me..
25. Unmarried. I have mildly high levels of testosterone. 0.7 more than normal. Thyroid normal. RBC normal. DHEA sulphate normal. Blood sugar normal. No cysts on ovaries. They r normal in size and uterus is also normal. However because of little high testosterone I have the following problems 1. Scanty periods. BUT PERIODS ARE REGULAR. I GET IT every month and 2. Mild acne. I have 5 kg extra weight around hips. My weight is 55 and height is 5' My gynecologist said that I am not overweight and if I loose 5 more kg. I'll see a good difference. So I started with 45 mins brisk walking/jogging. And one hour of yoga. Diet - vegetarian. Lots of warm water through out the day and no junk food. My periods are regular so doctor told me not to worry. But I read some things on the net and was hesitant to ask the gynecologist. So I am asking here. 1. I read that this problem in women causes ovulation cycles. That is even if my periods are regular not necessary that I ovulated. Is this true? 2. In a year or 2 after I get married. Will I have too many problems in getting pregnant? Will the testosterone never go back to normal? Can some one guide me on these questions?
Dear doctor, my father had an diabetes .I heard that diabetes is hereditorial disease. Can I prevent it or its that can I avoid. I am 27 years old now .What measures can I take.
What is good for blood sugar person my mom have a blood sugar I want to know what is good for her health what fruit and vegetables.
I have a thyroid problem from 12 now I am fine but I am taking daily a tablet of 25mg and now a Days I am loosing hair frequently please give some solution to get rid of it.
My husband is having sugar level of 250 after food and taking azulix 2mf and glycomate still the sugar level is high.pls advise.
Dear doctor, my son is 13 years old, weight - 30 kg only, suffering from hypo thyroid. My son is on eltorxin 75 mcg (glaxo) per day. Some of my relatives suggest to take spirulina tab or powder, noni-c powder and daily one glass of water of lemon salt (1/2 tea spoon). Can I give spirulina tab, noni-c and one glass of lemon salt water. Please guide.
Mein Dr Sunil Arya, MD Ayurveda, Ayurveda Physician. Aaj mein aap logo ko diabetes ke baare mein kuch batana chahta hu. Diabetes ek aisi bimari hai jisme sugar level bad jaata hai, blood glucose bad jaata hai.
Kuch symptom aise ho sakte hai jinko aap detect karke, pehchan karke teh kar sakte hai aapko diabetes hai ki nahi. Confirm toh blood test ke baad hi hota hai. Isse aapko bahut bhuk laga hai, bahut pyas lag raha hai, bar bar sharir mein itching kharish ho raha hai, koi ghaon aapka lambe samay tak nahi mittha ho, tezi se aapka weigh gir raha ho, aksar bahut thakavat rahti ho, haath pero mein jhanjhanahat rahta ho. Toh ye sabhi laxan aapke diabetes ke ho sakte hai.
Diabetes ke baarein mein aam tor pe saare log dawa karte hai ki ye dawa kha lijiye, ye thik ho jayega. Abhi tak jo vigyanik aadhar hai uss par kaha ja sakta hai ki diabetes ko jar se thik karne wale abhi tak koi oshadhi nahi hai. Isliye kuch vishey mein kuch confusion nahi rahna chahiye.
Haan, diabetes ko nischit roop se manage kiya ja sakta hai, bahut ache se manage kiya ja sakta hai. Isse apka jo lifestyle hai, who sedentary hai toh usse bachna chahiye, jhub exercise karna chahiye, walk karna chahiye, khaane peene par niyantran rakhna chahiye, sugar intake carbohydrate intake kam hona chahiye. Stress hamesha diabetes ko badhata hai, isliye stress par kabu rakhna bahut upyogi rahta hai. Iske elava, achi neend ka lena, aur aapki jo dawai jo batai jati hai, in dawao ko regularly lena chahiye, kyun ki diabetes control rehne par bhi, kuch androni badlav aur kuch nakaratmak prabhav lete hai jinko samay rehte hi hum kabu kar sakte hai. Diabetes ke chalte, aakhon mein kuch nuksaan ho sakta hai, nervous system ka nuksaan ho sakta hai, heart per uska nuksan aa sakta hai, maanspeshi par nuksan aa sakta hai, isliye isko samay rahte kabu karna chahiye. Yehi sabse bahtar upaye hai.
Yadi aap mujhse milna chahte hai, ya mere clinic par aana chahte hai, toh mujhe Lybrate ke through mil sakte hai, ya mere clinic par aa sakte hai.
Mere clinic ka address Jeevniya Ayurveda, DSS-6, HUDA Commercial Complex, Old Delhi Road, Gurgaon.