Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. EinsteinYour feedback matters!
I am 18 years old. I have a normal thyroid level and I take normal diet. I am a student so maximum time I spend in studying. I climb stairs and do little bit of exercise also then also my weight is increasing. I feel very hopeless kindly help me!
My latest blood sugar levels are 267 fasting and 440 pp. Can these levels be controlled? Iam not on any medication. How can these levels be brought under control? Please suggest. How dangerous are these levels.
Dear sir, My dad is 42 years old. He is diabetes patient. He got a little injury by iron in his leg. He took injection and medicine also but injury not getting well. He checked up diabetes, it's 347 now. What should I do sir. Please let me know. We all in worry.
I am a 25 yrs old male, suffering from hypothyroid, taking thyronorm 150 daily but m not feeling well my tsh is 7.1 now.
Almost all the metabolic processes in a person's body are influenced by the hormones produced by the thyroid gland. The most common types of thyroid diseases caused due to dysfunctional thyroid glands are Thyroid nodules, Hypothyroidism, Hyperthyroidism, Goiter, Thyroiditis, and Thyroid Cancer.
Hypothyroidism is when the thyroid gland is underactive and the amount of hormones produced is insufficient. Hypothyroidism can be caused due to multiple reasons such as iodine deficiency, radiation or surgery on the thyroid gland, and drugs such as lithium and phenylbutazone. You should note that treating thyroid is not a speedy process and a reoccurrence of symptoms might also take place. However with the appropriate remedies and proper diet control, one can make sure that these symptoms are less pronounced.
Ayurveda: According to Ayurveda, imbalance or disequilibrium in the doshas is the main cause of hypothyroidism. The Kapha dosha i.e. the dosha responsible for body fluids and lubrication and Pitta dosha i.e. the dosha responsible for fire and water body humors, are vitiated. Lifestyle and diet discrepancies further promote imbalances in the doshas. Hypothyroidism is categorized under the Yapya diseases which recur once you cease to take the treatment.
- It is essential to consume adequate quantities of milk.
- Apart from that, coconut oil is one of the best remedies for a hypothyroid patient, since it increases slow and sluggish metabolism. Coconut contains MCFAs i.e. medium chain fatty acids and MTCs i.e. Medium chain triglycerides in abundance which help the metabolism be revved up.
- Ayurvedic herbs useful for treating hypothyroidism are kanchnar, Bauhinia variegata i.e. purple mountain ebony, Jatamansi, brahmi, guggulu, shilajit, gokshura, and punarnava.
- Consume a mixture of Indian gooseberry i.e. amla churna with honey, daily before breakfast.
- One of the main causes of Hypothyroidism is insufficient amount of iodine. Drinking the juice acquired from jalakumbhi i.e. Pistia Stratiotes everyday in doses amounting from 11gm to 22gm increases the iodine content and helps treat hypothyroidism.