Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. DivakarYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old male. I am facing issues with urine habits .I drink water and then go 4-5 times pee every time there is irritation and feel urge to per. I feel pressure but quantity is less. During night also wake up 2-3 times with pressure. I had ultrasound and nothing in there. Nothing in sugar test.
I have getting problem urine pass in end I get pain from down to stomach this problem is occurring from past 3days.
My son has 8 months baby his urine result is occasional pus cells 10-15/hpf and he passes small amount of urine and also in short time he passes again small amount of urine. He vomit or vomit sensation daily. His skin color changes daily (blackish. This is what disease.
I got irritation around my urinal parts for a week I applied itch guard regularly but no benefit yet. Please suggest me proper cure.
Sir I am having urination problem and white discharge problem from last four years. I have done my urine and blood test and the report was normal. But it is important that I am having diabetes. please help
I Have stone of 14 mm in my left ureter since last 4 months. But I am not having any type of pain. What I have to do?
How to remove kidney stones without operating and without lithotripsy. Age of the patient is 68 years. Female patient. Shamayeeta.
I have 13 kidney stones in both. I had pain for 1 week after that no pain. Now my urine is always in yellow colour. What the sign it. And what should I do for treatment?
I am a 24yr old male person. I am facing frequent urination for a long time. I am not a diabetic patient. What may the reason behind it and how can I be cured and what should I do for this. To whom should I consult whether to a urologist or nephrologist.
I had got kidney stone just 2 days back Nw when I masturbate sperms don't come outside I was really tensed can you please answer to me.
Kidney failure patients now kidney working 5% only, There's any other way to improve kidney function.
Wet and somewhat burning sensation long after urination, frequent urination and weakness following it. This happens after abt every fortnight.
I am feeling to urinate frequently and after doing that still i am not satisfied.Many tims i feel a lot of pain in urinating. Always there is a pain. Also i am feelin pain in left side of stomach in reguler interval.
I am a 32yr old male and have a problem in passing urine sometimes I have to wait for more than a minute. How can I resolve the same?
Chronic kidney disease or CKD is the decreased function of the function of the kidney for a minimum of three months or more. In this the end stage renal disease usually refers to the end of the kidney function where the kidneys work for less than 15% of what they are supposed to. The kidneys play a vital role in the human body and if they do not function properly then a person can die. The functioning of many organs depends on the kidneys. However, the main function of the kidneys is to remove the products and regulate blood and water, control blood pressure, promote healthy and strong bones, and produce hormones.
Here are 5 facts about kidney disease you should know about:
1. Causes of the kidney disease: There are two main common causes of the end-stage kidney disease. These are preventable causes. These are diabetes and high blood pressure, but then kidney disease can be caused by other inherited diseases such as infection, trauma or polycystic kidney disease.
2. Serious Stages: The kidney disease has five stages and stage 5 is known as the end stage renal disease; this is the point where patients usually need dialysis or kidney transplant to lead a sane life. The stages of kidney disease are:
Stage 1 – Slight kidney disease
Stage 2 – Mild decrease in kidney function
Stage 3 – Moderate decrease in kidney function
Stage 4 – Severe decrease in kidney function
Stage 5 – End stage renal disease
3. Detection of the disease: Kidney disease is usually difficult to detect because of the presence of very few symptoms. Age, gender along with the blood test is one way to determine information regarding kidney function. The people who are at a risk of getting kidney disease are:
- Over the age of 55 years
- People who suffer from hypertension and diabetes
- Ethnic groups such as Asians, Africans, Americans, Pacific Islanders and Hispanics
4. Signs and Symptoms: CKD is usually considered to be a silent disease and many people don’t know that they are suffering from the disease. The signs and symptoms of the disease are:
- Fatigue and weakness
- Nausea, vomiting and loss of appetite
- Numbness and headaches in hand and feet
- Frequent urination
5. Renal Replacement Treatment: This is the treatment for the end stage of the kidney disease. Dialysis involves the replacement of some part of the lost function of the kidneys and is usually continued throughout life. There are 2 types of dialysis:
- Hemodialysis: This cleans the blood via an artificial kidney which is hooked to the machine
- Peritoneal Dialysis: This removes the excess water and waste products and cleans the blood of the body by using the peritoneal cavity as a filter.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.