Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I am 50 years male, my bilirubin is 0.3, SGOT -19, SGPT 23, ALKALINE PHOSP- 81 PROTEIN 7.6, ALBUMIN 4.7. Is there any chance of fatty liver from the above findings.
The acids help the body dissolve the food particles and also break it down to more basic elements. However, when the body produces too much acid, it causes acid reflux which can cause discomfort. Too much acid within the body, which is also known as hyperacidity, can be caused by a multitude of factors.
Known and effective Ayurvedic cures: Ayurveda considers acidity to be a 'Pitta' problem and it can be corrected by following certain simple steps. There are other food ingredients which are also used as remedial tools. Let's have a look at some of the dos and don'ts of Ayurvedic remedies for acidity.
Don'ts for acidity according to Ayurveda:
1. Limit junk food and other foods, which are very heavy in fats and processed items: Most processed foods and junk food usually made in stores contain unhealthy fats. The stomach needs to produce more acid in order to digest them and thus may end up causing acidity.
2. Stop excessive consumption of tea, coffee: Stop consumption of caffeinated beverages such as tea, coffee and other caffeine injected drinks which may encourage the production of more stomach acids.
3. Stop the consumption of alcohol and cooperates: Apart from being generally bad for health as both of these are known contributors of cancers, they can even affect smaller day to day functions and can lead to acidity.
4. Don't consume foods which are high in acidic content: If you tend to like food which is very high in acidic content, it is advisable to limit its consumption. Some examples of this are:
- Sour citrus fruits
- Salty fried foods
Dos for acidity according to Ayurveda:
There are multiple solutions for acidity in Ayurveda which have been known cures for generations. Let's take a look at some of these.
- Do have meals on time: It is best to not skip meals as this can cause the acidity levels within the stomach to rise if it doesn't have any food to digest. It is especially harmful to skip breakfast and then have a heavy lunch to compensate.
- Do have amla or Indian gooseberry: This is a very effective weapon against acidity and chewing a few morsels will easily cure the problems in your stomach.
- Pomegranate Juice: Very small quantities of Pomegranate juice on a daily basis will be very beneficial for a bad case of acid reflux.
- Coconut water: Drink coconut water as it is known to have properties to neutralize the stomach acids.
- Aniseed: Also known as saunf, you can chew them raw and slowly swallow with water for quick relief from acidity.
- Jeera: Jeera consumed with warm ghee and then mixed with rice tends to be very good for acidity as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ayurveda and ask a free question.
Suffering from bronchial asthma since childhood i.e. 8 years of age. Of and taking steroids with gaps of few years. Though with Sahajyoga meditation its much better for last 6-7 years but skin allergies and sinus problem has increased. Homoeopathy meditation is helping me now but IBS is troubling. Please advise.
I feel pain and burning on bowel movements. I am a healthy individual but still suffers from it. It is not regular but happens quite often. Am I suffering from any digestive disorder.
From about a month I am having discontinuous pain in right lower side near appendix, it is mild pain. I do not show any symptoms of appendicitis. From about a year I am suffering from poly cystic ovarian syndrome. Please tell from what I am suffering from and medications to be used for it. Thank you.
headache problem. I am 26 years old and I am suffering from this problem from 10 years .problem occurs 4 time in a week . My digestions system is also week please help me in both.
I am suffering gas problem my stomach comes out side slowly I am doing exercise daily but is not control what to do.
I'm 25 years old. I have pain in the right side of my abdomen. It develops all of a sudden and then disappears. What should I do.
I am suffering with a gas problem. Some times in the night I don't even get a sleep because of the heavy stomach pain. Please help me.
I'm 17 years old boy and suffering from migraine, I always have headache and due to pain I also take analgesic tablets but no relief is feel and now due to excess of analgesic I am suffering from hyper acidity, so please help me for relief in hyperacidity and migraine pain.
I had blood with stool 6months before. Doctor said it is fissure and gave me medicine incl stool softener and ointment. Now blood has stopped when I am using stool softener but again it is coming when I am stopping stool softener. Also I feel burning sensation during stool passing. Sometimes fe extremely itching in anus. Pl note I have changed my diet to vegetarian and stopped taking oily and spicy foods. Also I am facing lower back pain since fissure came. Is there anything critical or what step should I take.
My wife sometimes has slight cramp like sensation along with pain in her right abdomen. Sometime back we consulted her a gynaecologist and carried out scan / other diagnostics and found no specific issues. She has this occasionally especially when she carries out strenuous work. She had two normal deliveries and we have a daughter (15 years) and a son (12 years). She is very healthy and her menstrual cycles are regular. She is active and energetic. She does not have any medical conditions. I would appreciate some help and advice. Thanks.
Hello sir, Since last 5 years I have been suffering with fatty lever. I am non alcoholic and do not have any bad habits. And I have take tablets still. So kindly give solution to avoid from fatty lever.
I have gas problem and I get frequent chest pain and back pain. When I go on diet I become anaemic and haemoglobin count comes down to around 8 to 9. I wanted to start good exercise and wanted to know which diet fits me the best to reduce my over weight problem.
Foods to avoid in case of acidity:
Spicy foods and thick curry or gravy containing red chilly.
Citrus fruits such as oranges and grapefruit as they are high in acid.
Full fat dairy products such as sour cream, cheese or ice cream.
Coffee, tea, chocolate and soft drinks.
Peas, beans, broccoli and cabbage.
Tomatoes and onions.
Raw salad vegetables like onion, radish, cabbage, and peppers.
Carbonated beverage which stimulate the stomach and irritate the esophagus.
Diet modifications advised for acidity and dates, figs, apple, papaya and pomegranate can be added to the diet.
Carrot leaves, celery leaves and curry leaves are helpful in controlling acidity. Vegetables like carrot and beet root are good for relieving acidity.
Spices like cumin seeds, coriander and cardamom should be taken.
Include barley, jowar and wheat in food.
A glass of cold milk is also helpful.
Almonds are also a good remedy for relieving heartburn and acidity.
Take some mint leavesand chop these, then boil in a cup of water and sip slowly after meals.
Eating bananas is also helpful in preventing the symptoms of acidity. Basil (tulsi) leaves help to get relief from burning, nausea and gas.
Eating cucumber or watermelon is useful to fight against acidity.
Ginger is useful for digestive disorders.
Drink 10-12 glasses of water daily.
Drink 1-2 glasses of lukewarm water early morning relieves from acidity.
Should not lie down soon after having meal.
Eat small meals in small intervals based on whole foods such as fruits, vegetables, whole grain cereals and proteins such as chicken breast and eggs.