Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dilli KumarYour feedback matters!
I am 37 years old and have two daughters of 9 years and 2 years old. After breast feeding, my breasts became very loose and a lot of fat in tummy area. Could you please suggest any cream or medication for both? thank you.
hello doctor, my name is sanjay kumar singh and I am having a girl child of 2 year and 7 months. She is a pre mature child and born on the seventh month from the expected. As soon she was born she has been transferred to the nursery for 21 days, so she was not able to take the birth milk from her mother. Her weight was 850gm when she was born. Sir, she is now 2.7 year but she is not able to walk. Also she can't balance her body. She is having a lump of nerves on her right leg. Earlier we were scared that it was a cancer but doctor said it's only lump of nerves which will get dissolve as she will grow up. We had consulted a pediatric for my kid and also asked him for the problem of her balancing. That doctor told us that my kid has some problem regarding to her brain development and he has referred us to neurologist and physiotherapist. Now, my kid is going through physiotherapy and slight changes has been noticed. As she is ready to walk after holding my fingers but as I leave my hand from her. She got disbalnced and fell down. Before physiotherapy she cross her legs while walking but now this problem has been resolved. She us naughty and active baby but didn't speak full sentences. Only didi, mummy, jai ho, papa and so many small words.
My son is hearing impaired and cannot hear upto 120 decibels, further he is having Lipoma glands all over his body, is there any remedy for his cure, he can speak but cannot listen.
My one year 5 month old daughter gets cold and fever every month. Please suggest any food or supplements to increase her immunity and also tell me the causes for this?
My son is suffering from TICS. Which Doctor should I consult - neurologist, psychiatrist or a homeopathy doctor?
My child is a 3 years a baby girl she is a normal child but she is so stubborn, but from past one week she is just blowing our minds with her stubbroness, she cross her hight of being stubborn, if she start become stubborn cry for alteast one hour , after becoming normal she feel headache, she will not listen anything and ask us to do nothing , for example - If we eat she ask us to stop eating, there are lots many instance , so will become so "Ziddi" from past one week so is doing twice a day or trice a day, we are very worried about our child , Need help on this suggest me whether we need to contact Pedio/child psychiatrist,
I have 4 month old baby cries all the time and always unhappy and want to be held always don't understand why please help.
My son's age is 5. He has dust allergy normally he starts to cough a lot but in india doctor used to give Allegra and it used to work. Last 5 months back shifted to London. For the last 15 days onwards, he is constantly coughing but very less during the night time but the coughing increases after having any food or milk. The doctors are saying the chest is clear and has given ventilin evohaler.
My baby's DPT vaccination is due in 2 days. Shall I go for painless DPT instead of the regular painful DPT? Will that be effective in long run if I go for painless vaccine?
My niece is 15 month old. She is suffering from intermittent extropia which comes n goes since she was 10 month. We took. Her to pediatrician eye specialist. The doctor explained she is having squint in both eyes .The vision in her eyes is 20/20. He mentioned the only option is eye muscle surgery at the age of 4. We wanted to know as this the only option for her. We need to evaluate her eye checkup at 6 month interval. What we have observed that nowadays that she is not squinting frequently its like 3 or 4 times a day. Pls suggest some other. Options for her.
I have a 2.5 year old nephew he is able to speak few basic words like mama ,mummy, Nana,Didi etc but he is not able to speak whole sentence or some difficult words as well can you help me with the problem and solutions.
Hello mam/sir mai married hu or meri age 30 hai. Marriage ko 2 year six month ho gae hai. Pahle humne baby ke liye koi plan nhi kiya tha ir na kisi tarah ki koi medicine or precautions li hai, ab hum baby ke liye planning krna chahte hai. Jiske liye maine folic acid tablets shuru ki hai, 14 June ko period k baad humne try kiya but negative results the. Ab mujhe 23 July ko periods aye hai. Ab hum try kr rahe hai. please tell me k kitne month me pregnancy possible hai. Normally kitne month try krne pr positive results aa sakta hai. Kya hume kisi specialist se milna chahiye, ya abhi wait kre. please give me satisfied answer. I want positive results as soon as possible. Because I am very worried about it.
My newly born child is 5 days old. The result of his Thyroid Profile is under: T3- 3.19, T4- 238.34 & TSH-6.01. All the value is above under biological reference interval. His mother is a patient of hypo-thyroid and she is being taken thyroid medicine of the dose of 200 for five days and 150 for weekend. Her thyroid value is control. What will be serious problem for newly born child for these result of thyroid profile. Please suggest.
Measles refer to an infection caused by a virus. It mainly affects the respiratory system and its onset is accompanied by high fever, runny nose, frequent coughing and itchy rashes all over the face. It is extremely contagious and spreads through saliva or even mucus. This infection has several symptoms. Some of them are:
- Persistent coughing: Affecting the respiratory system, the onset of measles can be identified by persistent and a nagging cough, one that refuses to recuperate.
- Fever: As discussed above, if you are infected by the measles virus, chances are very high that you will suffer from extremely high fever. It is often accompanied by chills.
- Sore throat: The throat forms an important part of the respiratory system and if it is infected, its repercussions can be felt in the throat. You will have extreme difficulty in eating or swallowing food when suffering from measles.
- Small white spots develop inside the mouth: Sometimes you may notice outbreak of small white spots in the interior of your mouth. In case you do, do not take it lightly. This is an important symptom of measles and you must consult a doctor immediately.
Notwithstanding the contagious nature of the infection, there are various treatments available in order to treat this infection. Some of them are:
- Acetaminophen: This is used to relieve one of fever as well as pain in the muscles.
- Take rest: Suffering from measles is an extremely uncomfortable situation and taking rest always helps. Your immune system, being infected by a virus is rattled and needs sufficient rest to recuperate.
- Drink lots of water: Nothing can be an alternative to water. Therefore when suffering from measles, drink as much water as you can. Try to drink at least six to seven glasses of water, a day in order to purge your system.
What is viral fever?
Viral fever refers to an acute infection caused by the action of viruses. Flu or influenza is the most common form of viral fever. Since viral fever is contagious, when an infected person sneezes or coughs the virus spreads and comes in contact with other people. Children can remain contagious for about 10 days if they get the early symptoms of viral fever. Children who are younger than two years are at an increased risk of developing complications pertaining to viral fever. Controlling the symptoms of cold, fever and cough can cure viral fever.
Symptoms of viral fever
Fever and chills are the early signs of viral fever. Children suffering from viral fever will feel pain throughout their body. Other common signs and symptoms involving viral fever include cough, cold, runny nose, sore throat, nausea, fatigue, vomiting, headache, diarrhea, and stomach ache.
Certain preventive measures against viral fever
- Keeping your child away from anyone who is sick is advisable. To prevent the germs from spreading ask everyone to use tissues while they sneeze or cough. Make sure that your family member maintains good hygiene habits if he/she is suffering from diarrhea or is vomiting.
- To prevent coming in contact with germs wash your and your child's hands properly
- Seasonal changes are the thriving phase for viruses so take precautionary measures during those periods of the year
Tips for quicker recovery of your child
1. Offer enough drinks - A child gets dehydrated through fever, vomiting, and diarrhea. Oral Rehydration Salts can be given to little ones as it contains all the essential nutrients. This can be given to a baby even if he/she is just in breastfeeding stage.
2. Feed them special food - Soft and semi-liquid foods can be given to your child if he/she older than 6 months. Foods like dals, soups, and curd with sugar are advisable for your child. As he/she gradually gets stronger thicker foods like mashed vegetable can be added to his/her diet.
3. Ensure that your child gets adequate rest - Since viral fever is contagious it is advisable to let your child sleep in a separate room. Since the fever causes fatigue adequate rest is required for recovery. This will also prevent him/her from getting the other family members infected.
4. Sponge your child's body - Sponging your child's body with lukewarm water can control high fever.
5. Maintain proper hygiene - It is essential to wash your hands before and after touching your child to prevent the infection from spreading to the other family members.