Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Devaji RaoYour feedback matters!
Want to know the symptoms of breast cancer my age is 37 have 2 kids one is 8 years & second one 1 years still feeding.
What are the symptoms seen in people affected with blood cancer and in how many weeks it starts becoming serious?
My grandfather is suffering from lung cancer from last 4 years. His age is 70 years. He had many chemotherapy and was recovered. But now again since last 7 months the disease is coming back. Now again his PET CT has been done and it says that A LARGE CALCIFIED CALCULUS IS NOTED IN GALL BLADDER (measuring 1.0AP × 3.18TR cm). The report is also saying about BRAIN METASTASIS. I want to know that now is this curable or not? I kindly request the doctors if they can share their e-mail ID so that I can send the whole report (as I cannot type the whole report over here) to you for your opinion.
Should we monitor for the side effects of the medications that doctor prescribed or for their interactions with other medications for cancer.
I have a cyst development in my armpits which resurfaces every 2-3 months. It is a hereditary problem in my family. Is it cancerous? Also I have cyst in my fallopian tubes. Would it affect my pregnancy and if so then what should I do to prevent it from affecting my pregnancy. Thank you.
I am a 49 years old slim male, weighing 65 kg . I am suffering from frequent urination for some times. I am unable to hold the urge for long and there is some leakage most of the times. I got my routine investigations done on 6.02.15. My Serum glucose readings are 99 and 123 mg/dl for Fasting and PP respectively. While the sonography report states Prostrate to be nomal (25x47x35mm) in size, outline echotexture with noral seminal vesicles and approximate weight as 22gms, the PSA reading is 5.42 ng/ml. Among other, HB, TC, DC, Smear morphology,Liver function tests- all show normal results. Cholesterol, Triglycerides and LDL Cholesterol are at borderline while HDL Cholesterol is are normal. My uric acid level is 7 mg/dl and I have a toffi in my left toe. My BP is normal and am not taking any medicines for anything at the moment. I try to keep my uric acid level withi check by having low protein diet. I also walk a lot on regular basis. My questions are: 1. What should be the medicines and precautions for Prostrate for me? 2. What should I do to bring my cholesterol levels back within normal ranges? 3. Should I start medicines for Uric acid too?
• The exact causes for cancer is not known.
• It is multi-factorial disease – many factors contribute or predispose this condition.
• Modern diet – increased intake of junk food and decreased intake of fibers and roughage.
• Age, environmental pollutants or social, emotional factors influence the disease.
• Family tendency.
• Exposure to radiations.
• Occupational exposure to pollutants – lung cancer.
• Increased consumption of cigarettes - lung cancer.
• Tobacco chewing – oral cancer.
• Chronic alcoholics – liver cancer.
• Use of contraception, excess sexual freedom, virginity, women with no children – cervical and uterine cancer
• Late marriages, women who have not breast fed there children – breast cancer.
• Non vegetarian diet especially high consumption of meat and red meat.
• Obesity hypertension and diabetes have been seen to be associated symptoms.
SIGN AND SYMPTOMS:
• Most of the time there is no presentation no pain, cancer usually is detected accidentally and by the time it is detected it has spread in the whole body.
• Painless swelling in breast or at the site of cancer.
• Intracranial space occupying lesions can present with fits, severe headaches, vomiting, papilloedema.
• Abdominal lesions can cause constipation.
• Bronchial lesions present with cough & shortness of breath.
• Hemorrhage from various orifices.
• Pain either due to nerve compression or due to distension of an organ.
• There can be deep bone pains or referred pains.
• In terminal cases depression, loneliness & irritability.
• Tumor may cause obstruction affecting ingestion, digestion absorption, malabsorption through secondary intestinal changes.
• Pain, fatigue, depression, Anxiety, Nausea vomiting and diarrhea.
• Taste changes- mouth blindness develops – bitter and sweet thresholds are altered. Patient will avoid chocolate, coffee, tea, red wine, citrus fruits red meat cheese due to altered taste
• Low intake of food can cause severe weakness
• Loss of weight.
• Food aversion
• Early satiety
• Loss of body cell mass
• Emaciation- loss of subcutaneous fat and body protein leading to weight loss and muscle weakness.
• Metabolic disorders – altered metabolism of fats, proteins, carbohydrates, glucose, vitamins, minerals and electrolytes.
• Immunodepression- changes in the function of the immune system.
• Hyponatraemia and Hypercalcaemia
• Acid-base imbalance
• All these symptoms can be exacerbated by cancer treatment like chemotherapy or radiation.
• Give high energy and high protein diet.
• Wide variety of food should be selected to ensure all vitamins and minerals are included in the diet.
– Increase intake of antioxidants like vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, selenium.
• Include Japanese sea vegetables (arame, hijiki, kombu, nori) in diet if available, they are remarkably nutritious.
• Wheat grass juice is recommended – grow wheat grains in a pot – grass comes up in a weeks time so its advisable to plant seven pots so as to have every days supply. Extract juice from these grass and consume twice a day. It helps you to develop immunity and remove toxins from the body.
• Consume ½ cup of bitter gourd every morning. Advisable to add little ginger and turmeric to it. You can also add honey or jaggery to it, to alter its bitter taste if required.
• Daily eat 3-4 mint and basil leaves.
• Have high energy food / drink like sugarcane juice, fats.
• Consumption of sesame seed / oil is advised as it is a very good tonic and has anti-cancer properties.
• During the cancer affections and treatment, there is high demand for energy hence fats are required in high amount. Hence it is recommended to fry food rather than grilling them.
• Vegetarians should increase their consumption of pulses and legumes (peas and beans).
• Consumption of fresh fruits and raw vegetables is advised.
• Milk and milk products should be avoided to those patients with intestinal damage who are also lactose intolerant or those who cannot tolerate, digest or absorb a normal diet in such case liquid supplement formula can be used.
• Multivitamin supplements may be required in case of digestive and metabolic disorders. Should be taken as indicated by your physician.
• Tube feeding can be used in patients who cannot or are unwilling to take food orally.
• Parentral feeding – is considered when there is gastro-intestinal tumors or gastro-intestinal tract is not functioning
Dr Mrs Neeraj Gupta
Gupta Computerised Homeopathic Clinic
I am 70 years old and my frequency of urine has increased and the Doctor gave me one Urimax tablet. I am taking this tablet for the last two years. The sonography my prostrate is normal. I take exercises also. Kindly suggest some tablet or device which can control the increased frequency of Urination.
I'm aged 53 I want to know the reason for enlargement of prostate. My prostate 's size is detected 35.9 cc. What may be reason of enlargement and what medicine should take for treatment.
Blood cancer kya hai aur blood cancer ka operation kitna din chalta hai aur uska treatment kaise hota hai. Aur blood cancer ka symptoms kya hai.
Hi sir my mother is having triple negative breast cancer and it is in stage 2. Her treatment is completed. How many years will she survive and what are the precautions we have to take.
I am 48, yrs I have noticed a small lump like in my right breast which was noticed during my menstruation last month and it is still there what should I do there is no pain.?
Hello doctor I am 20 years old. I have I small hard lump in my underneath left thighs or tip of the groin area (little back side of left thigh close to reproductive system) and that lump is inside my skin. I showed it to a oncologist and he checked and said it as a normal nodule or neurofibroma and said me not to worry. And I want to mention my medical history I have bilateral minimal hydrocele and in left I have median raphae with normal thickness . And my question is the oncologist asked me whether one testicle or both are paining. In nervousness I said both are paining , but actually the left testicle pains sometimes . I have not gave her right information. Actually the the lump is on my left thigh and the left testicle carries pain some time. If the lump is cancerous can it be related to testicle ? Doctor please tell me what to do?
Colon cancer refers to the uncontrolled growth of cancer cells in the region of your large intestine. It is often associated with rectal cancer and is termed as colorectal cancer, since the process of metastasis (a process through which cancer cells pass rapidly to the other organs of your body) is very rapid for this particular medical condition. Colon cancer is prevalent among both men and women irrespective of their age, but is generally noticed in people above forty years of age. Though the causes of colon cancer cannot be specifically identified, there are certain factors that can increase your chance of developing colon cancer.
The risk factors are mentioned below:
- Family history of colon cancer
- Chronic diseases of the intestine(like inflammation of intestine)
- A regular diet with low fibers but high calories
- Consuming high amount of alcohol
If you are diagnosed with colon cancer, you may show the following symptoms:
- Inconsistency of bowel movements. (diarrhea and constipation)
- Passage of blood through stool
- Pain in your abdominal region
- Sudden weight loss
- Body fatigue
Colon cancer can be fatal if not treated at an early stage. Ayurveda offers effective remedies for colon cancer. Some of the remedies are mentioned below:
- Drinking green tea can be very effective. Green tea has epigallocatechin (a Polyphenol used in different dietary supplements) which can destroy the formation of cancer cells.
- Consuming Aloe Vera is another useful technique. It cleans the digestive tract and colon region by removing harmful toxins and can thus help to cure cancer faster.
- Turmeric is also very potent in fighting cancer. It contains curcumins which can destroy the cancer cells formed in the colon region.
- Ashwagandha is known to have certain properties that can control the growth of cancer cells and is thus instrumental in treating colon cancer.
- The juice of garlic has certain medicinal properties that can combat the growth of cancer cells in your colon region. Intake of garlic juice can thus be very helpful.
Since colon cancer has limited survival rates, it is highly recommended for you to seek advice from an Ayurveda practitioner if you wish to get healed naturally.