Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Devaji RaoYour feedback matters!
I got many cut scar on my hand ,which are now not removing. Its been 2 years that they are removing.
Sir I am 23 years old. Recently I am facing a problem with scalp. As there was formation of white cream like dandruff ,with sweat on my scalp it is appearing frequently ,doing shampoo on my head i'm feeling comfort for some hours only. Again its causing itching .can you clarify my doubt please.
Sir I am suffering from groin itching and allergy and little bit liquid formation on that spot ,even I am wearing dry underwear and frequently neat cleaning with hot water also. Please tell me the remedy solution medicine.
I have a scar in my face because of accident Its been 2 years they do not fade away please guide me.
My fathers age is 59 and his prostrate gland is increased to 66gms. Its very pain. What are the remedies.
I have dark circles and my skin become dark day by day. I want spotless, glowing nd fair skin. please give me some solutions.
How I can remove the darkness under my eyes please give the solution? And I will not sleep more time it's one of the problem.
My hands are getting black due to sun heat I have to travel on bike for my work how prevent skin from getting black and how can I heal the damage done bye sun to my skin.
Whenever I go out in sunlight, my skin turns to red and itching starts. Can't control the itching. This pblm is since many month. Please tell me any remedy.
Tinea or ringworm is basically a skin infection caused by fungus. Tinea can affect any part of the body. When the skin is affected it is tinea corporis, scalp (tinea capitis), feet (tinea pedis, this is also called as athlete's foot) and groin area (tinea curis, also known as the jock itch). This presents as several white patches on the skin.
Causes of Tinea:
Tinea or the ringworm infection is not due to worms but caused by fungi dermatophytes. The fungus remains alive in the dead tissues of nails, hair and skin. Symptoms of Tinea are red circular patches on the skin along with itching.
As per the Ayurvedic philosophy, tinea is often diagnosed as dadru. The body type or the dosha involved is kapha and vata. Kapha, which is an Ayurvedic humor symbolizes mucus. It is usually dense, sticky and cold in nature. Vata, also an ayurvedic humor represents the wind. It is dry, mobile, subtle and cold. Both kapha and vata when present in the skin lead to accumulation of toxins. These toxins further collect in the deep tissues of the skin like rakta (Blood), rasa (nutrient plasma), lasika (lymphatic) and mansa (muscles).
The toxins lead to contamination of the deeper tissues thereby leading to the aggravation of the kapha-vata dosha, thus leading to ringworm. A third dosha which is involved is pitta. Pitta symbolizes heat or fire. It is often referred to as the tridosha disease, and the prime involved doshas are kapha and vata.
Diet and Lifestyle Modification:
- Spicy and hot food, excessive sweet and sour foods should be avoided. Pickled foods, chutneys, citrus fruits like lemon and oranges, vinegar and mustard should also be avoided.
- Avoid foods made up of white flour such as bread, pastries, cakes, pizza
- Artificial and processed foods, fast foods and aerated drinks should be avoided. Excessive salt and tomatoes should be restricted.
- Since tea, coffee smoking and alcohol aggravate the pitta, these should be avoided
- Milk and milk products like yogurt and cottage cheese should be given a miss
- Foods which are sweet, blend and alkaline in nature should be added into the diet
- Fresh vegetables and fruit should be taken
- Foods like grains, rice, pasta, beans, breads, dairy products, sweet drinks and juices can be had
- In 3 cups of water boil 10 to 15 neem leaves, until half the water evaporates. Washing the tinea lesions with this water helps.
- Rubbing papaya over the lesions is very effective
- Make a paste of turmeric and milk and apply on the lesions. Wash this within half an hour of the application and repeat it 3 to 4 times a day.
I use melacare cream for one month then my skin was fair but now I stop the use of Melacare my skin became very dark what I do?
I am prijith I am facing problem with my darkening of lips its getting can you give me opinion of what I should do to get my beautiful lips.
Hi I am 20 years old and mere beard ke hairs white hone shuru hogye hai kafi ho gye hai please mujhe koi medicine btao jis se beard ke hair white na ho aur ho ske toh white bi black ho jaye?
The Goal Of Cosmetic Surgery Is To Improve A Man's Appearance And, In Like Manner, Self-Respect By Changing The Way She Or He Looks. Cosmetic Surgery can be performed; on any area of The Face and Body.
Why Cosmetic Surgery is done?
Before making a course of action to see a helpful pro, people should consider their manners of thinking in expecting to change what they resemble. Since helpful surgery can pass on continuing and passionate changes to the outside appearance, it is basic to perceive how these movements may impact people inside.
Various physical qualities can be adequately changed through therapeutic surgery; others can't. Incredible plausibility for therapeutic surgery:
- Have sensible suppositions about what can be refined.
- Understand the restorative perils, physical effects in the midst of repairing, how the surgery will affect them eventually and professionally, what lifestyle changes may run with the recovery time period and the costs included.
- Have analyzed their destinations for surgery with their master and settled any request.
- Have diabetes or other steady remedial conditions under control.
- Have no history of smoking or take steps to swear off smoking (checking utilized smoke) and nicotine things, including gnawing tobacco and nicotine patches, gums or tablets for a month and a half already, then afterward surgery.
- Have a relentless weight for six months to one year.
- Inspirations to stop smoking if considering restorative surgery
- Nicotine, carbon monoxide and diverse toxic substances reduce circulatory system to the skin.
- Smoking impacts wound patching and increases scarring.
- Smoking extends the peril of post-anesthesia complexities (pneumonia, blood clusters, hypertension).
All surgeries, including remedial system, pass on possibility. Those with a past loaded with cardiovascular disorder, lung illness, diabetes or weight have a higher threat of making complexities, for instance, pneumonia, stroke, heart strike or blood groups in the legs or lungs. Smoking moreover assembles risks and intrudes with patching.
A meeting with the expert will consolidate a discussion of these threats and others related to the patient's prosperity history.
Possible disarrays for any surgical procedure include:
- Complications related to anesthesia, including pneumonia, blood clusters and, from time to time, downfall
- Infection at the passage point site, which may decay scarring and require additional surgery
- Fluid create under the skin
- Mild kicking the bucket, which may require another surgical framework, or depleting adequately
- Important to require a transfusion
- Obvious scarring or skin breakdown, which happens when recovering skin detaches from sound skin and ought to be removed surgically
- Numbness and shuddering from nerve hurt, which may be ceaseless
What you can suspect
- Care is engaged to the individual needs of each patient.
- Realistic cravings are the key — the goal is change, not perfection.
- Everyone is astray.
- Each understanding has a substitute result.
- Patients will have no under, two visits with the pro and furthermore another person from the therapeutic administrations amass before surgery.
- It is essential that a patient be in incredible physical and passionate prosperity.
- Abstaining from all nicotine things and keeping up a key separation from utilized smoke for no not as much as a month and a half earlier and afterward a short time later surgery is critical.
- Surgical scars are enduring.
- Bruising and swelling are brief.
- Some surgeries require channels.
- Recovery times move by individual and framework, yet no less than 6 to 12 weeks is normal for some restorative surgeries.
- Insurance does not customarily cover remedial systems.
- Patients may require follow-up surgeries to finish their goals.
- The hold up between surgeries is all around no under four months.