Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Deepa LakshmikanthanYour feedback matters!
Hello. I recently got married and we are trying to conceive ever since. I missed my period and its been 5 days since. We did a home pregnancy urine test with VELOCIT with the first urine of the morning. However the device showed as negative. What should I do. Should I get a blood test done to determine pregnancy?
She has a severe pain in both sides of her breasts. Often it occurs. And it lasts for about 10 to 15 days.please advice
I am a 26 years old female, had unprotected sex during third day of periods with my boyfriend. He left his sperms inside me. I have PCOS with weight problems and irregular periods. Will I be getting pregnant? What are my chances of getting pregnant?
I use to do fingering daily. Is it will responsible for any problem in my sex life in future. Should I do fingering daily. If not, how many times in what duration should I do it? And can you please suggest me suggestion to get rid of it?
Alien Hand Syndrome or AHS is a neurological disorder that causes the patient's hand to move involuntarily. The individual has no control over the movement of the hand and sometimes, he or she may not even be aware of the action! The patients often report feeling like their hand does not belong to them anymore. The disease has no cure but the symptoms can be treated and reduced. Usually the hand is kept occupied constantly by holding a light object.
Causes of Alien Hand Syndrome:
Though the exact causing factor of AHS is unknown, there are a number of instances which have been shown to influence the development of the condition. The chief factors are:
- Brain injury: Injury caused to the brain by blunt force trauma or faulty surgery can lead to Alien Hand Syndrome. This is particularly seen if the frontal lobe (the brain center of voluntary movement) or the corpus callosum (the bundle of nerve fibers connecting the left and right hemispheres of the brain) is affected. These are the areas that regulate motor functioning and the neural pathways to execute the actions.
- Brain tumor: A tumor (a mass of abnormal cells) pressing on the motor centers of the brain can cause involuntary movements of the left hand in a right handed person. This is because the right hemisphere of the brain controls the left side of the body and vice versa. Tumors blocking the neural pathways usually cause errant movements of the predominant hand.
- Neurodegenerative conditions: Diseases like Alzheimer's disease and Creutzfeld & Jakob Disease are characterized by memory loss, rapid changes in personality and growing defects in the central nervous system. AHS could be a complication of such disorders. Effects of Alien Hand Syndrome This is an extremely rare condition. There have been less than 80 known cases around the world since 1908.
The disorder is often unreported because it is mistaken for a psychiatric problem due to its unusual symptoms and effects.
- The patient may not even be aware of what his 'alien hand' is doing. The hand may even begin functioning of its own accord when the patient is asleep.
- AHS can result in feelings of guilt and shame because of the embarrassing actions of the hand that the patient has absolutely no control over. The hand is often said to be governed by primal animalistic urges of hitting others, tearing clothes off etc.
- The condition often leads to social anxiety, depression and paranoia.
I am 26 years old female, married. Me n my husband had unprotected sex but after which I got my periods which was on time and it lasted for just two days. And recently m getting a lot of white discharge. Is there any chance I can be pregnant? And from the last two three months I am getting my periods on time but the flow is low and just stays for two days.
Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap.
Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Be sure to lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the "Happy Birthday" song from beginning to end twice.
Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.
My sister is pregnant. While cooking food she feels like omitting due the smell of cooking. What shall she do. And why is this happening.
I am a 24 year old female. I was in the middle of a sexual act with my partner when I started to bleed without any pain. I thought that My periods have started as they were due in a day or two. But now 3 days have passed since that incident and there has been no bleeding/discharge at all since then. There is no pain either. I don't know what is going on. I undertook a pregnancy test and it came out to be negative. This is the first time I have experienced such thing. Please help me understand the situation. Thank you.
We are got married for last 3 year my wife is 30 now I am 32. Her Menstrual cycle is irregular. Kindly suggest. She wants to conceive. please suggest what can be done?
I am 13 weeks pregnant and the doctors have advised lots of water and fluids. However, I have always been low on intake of water. I try to take fluids in form of coconut water and soup but will it do any harm to the baby if I am unable to intake 10 to 12 glasses everyday?
Hello doctor gud morning. Ultra sound pelvis report. Uterus: appears bulky measuring 9.1 × 7.0 × 6.7cm, anteverted. Poorly differentiated myometrial and endometrial echoes. Heterogeneous coarse myometrial echoes noted. Areas of hypoechoic foci noted diffusely within the myometrium - possibly representing cystic degeneration. Visualised endometrium measures ~ 4 - 5mm. Seedling fibroids noted in posterior wall. Ovaries: right ovary not clearly visualised? H/o surgery done. Left ovary appears enlarged in size, measures ~ 4.5 × 3.9 cm. Multiple follicular cysts of varying sizes noted within. Largest measuring ~ 2.7 ×2.1 cm. A small tubular structure measuring ~ 2.1 × 1.8 cm noted adjacent to left ovary? Hydrosalpinx? Paraovarian cyst. POD: no free fluid in POD. No adnexal mass lesion seen. Bladder: Normal in contour. No intraluminal echoes seen. IMPRESSION: features of Adenomyosis Suggested MRI Pelvis / clinical correlation. My question s still she didn't having child. If it is possible to conceive to take any treatment. Which treatment she will take to conceive. Pls tel me doctor.
What is the difference between pregnancy week and gestational week because it shows that in 14 weeks of pregnancy fetus weight should be 43g nd in my usg it showed dat on my 14wk nd 06 days of gestational weeks my fetus weight was 102g. I am really confused. Is my fetus weight normal. Or there is something to worry about. Please help wid a proper and clear advice.
I got married 6 months ago, now I feel that I am pregnant. .is there any method to check my pregnancy at home?
Ovarian cyst observed in both left and right sides 32x29 mm complex cyst endometrium in right 14x13 mm small cyst in left please suggest, worried about conceiving.
I am a 24 years old house wife. I have a 2 years old baby. I had lump on my both breasts 3 years back. And it was removed by a surgery. But now I feel lump on my left side. Without any surgery how can I remove it? Please suggest any medicine or any other treatment from allopathy/ homeo / ayurveda.
आंवला, बहेड़ा और हरड़ से तैयार त्रिफला अपने खास गुणों के कारण जाना जाता है। त्रिफला को पाउडर के रूप में इस्तेमाल किया जाता है। जड़ी-बूटी के गुणों वाले त्रिफला में पोषण और बड़ी मात्र में विटामिन सी मौजूद रहता है। इसके अलावा औषधीय गुणों से युक्त त्रिफला के सेवन से कई तरह की तकलीफें दूर हो जाती हैं।
* अध्ययन में यह बात सामने आई है कि त्रिफला रक्त संचार को ठीक रखने के साथ ही कोलेस्ट्रोल को कम करता है।
* यह उच्च रक्तचाप को कम करने में मदद करता है और पाचन सुधारता है।
* त्रिफला में एंटीआक्सिडेंट के गुण पाए जाते हैं। इसमें एलर्जी और एचआईवी विरोधी गुण भी पाए जाते हैं।
* यह एनीमिया से जुड़ी तकलीफ, थकान और पाचन में होने वाली कठिनाई को दूर करता है।
* त्रिफला निमोनिया, तपेदिक और एड्स जैसे रोगों में भी लाभदायी होता है।
* आंखों से जुड़ी समस्याओं में भी त्रिफला कारगर साबित होता है। एक कटोरी पानी में एक चम्मच त्रिफला को दो घंटे तक छोड़ दें। उसके बाद उसे कपड़े से छान कर पानी से आंखों को धो लें। यह पानी आंखों के लिए फायदेमंद होता है।
* इसके सेवन से कब्ज की शिकायत दूर होती है। इसके लिए त्रिफला को रात में गरम पानी के साथ लें।
* असमय बाल सफेद होने की समस्या से मुक्ति मिलती है