Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Deepa LakshmikanthanYour feedback matters!
I need to know about the precautions which I should take to plan a baby. I am planning for a baby n last month I had symptoms like Breast tenderness, drakning of aerholes, n cramps in my lower abdomen but I had my periods after 26 days of my last period n it was on 30 Jan. Now this month I had UTI took medication for it this month I am having morning sickness from two days m confused it's a symptom of pregnancy or anything else. Please solve my problem.
My periods are late by 1 month. From past 2 months I have heavy stress and travelling a lot. Is it normal.
My age is 40 I want to my period earlier because some family function and pooja is there last month my period date was 5.10.2016 I am going my native place on 28.11.2016 should my period will comes very earlier like from 24 November Start.
Hello doctor. My wife is suffering with winter problem synosis she in carrying 7 month pregnant. Pls tell me some tablets for her.
In this scorching heat, it makes us feel so hot, tired and dehydrated.
Everyone suggests us to drink a lot of water but somehow we don't like plain water and we add artificial flavours to it to quench our thirst or we opt for soft drinks/sodas. But it doesn't help.
What we need in this summer is Coconut Water.
Coconut water is a very refreshing drink to beat tropical summer thirst. Its liquid is packed with simple sugars, electrolytes, and minerals to replenish dehydration conditions inside the human body.
Coconut water replaces the fluid loss from the gastrointestinal tract and to reduce the need for hospitalisation.
The osmolarity of tender coconut water is slightly greater than that of WHO recommended ORS (Oral Rehydration Therapy) solution.
The presence of other biological constituents like amino acids, enzymes, minerals, and fatty acids may account for this higher osmolarity. Nonetheless, unlike WHO-ORS, its water is very low in sodium and chlorides , but rich in sugars and amino acids. This well-balanced fluid composition, along with much-needed calories, would be an ideal drink instead of any other kind of soft drink beverages available in the markets to correct dehydration conditions.
Hi. We are trying to conceive since last 2 months. I need advice on how to have precise idea regarding Ovulation period. What Ovulation strips should I use and also any medicines like vitamins etc that might help in conception. Please also advice on frequency of intercourse.
I had lump on 6th of Aug Upto negative on 16 Sept Usg reveals left ovarian hypoechoic cyst measuring about 5 cm with increased endometrial thickness Dr. prescribed duphaston for three days And advice to repeat upto after few days Is it a pregnancy or a delayed period because of ovarian cyst.
Avoid Tobacco,this will be a big favor to your teeth. One, it will save you from oral cancer and periodontal complications. Two, it will save you from the countless ill effects caused by the agents used to mask the smell of tobacco. For example, if you smoke a cigarette, you may use candies, tea or coffee to mask the smoky breath and odor. This doubles the amount of damage caused.
My wife was not getting periods regularly. We got married in 2014 still we are trying for kids but still it's not happened for kids which are the better days to be in physical sex .and how many time to have sex in a month.
Many women develop uterine fibroids by the time they hit the age of 50 years and above. These are non-cancerous growths that may occur in the uterus. Most women go through severe bleeding and pain as well as discomfort as a result of these fibroids. Age, family history of the same condition, obesity or being overweight, eating habits and even ethnicity play a large role in deciding the risk of each individual patient. These fibroids can grow in the submucosal, intramural and subserosal areas.
Following are the common side effects of uterine fibroids:
- Frequent urination: Due to the pressure of the fibroids on the uterus, the patient may experience a constant feeling of fullness in the lower pelvic area of the body, which may lead to frequent filling of the bladder. This gives rise to frequent trips to the washroom for urination.
- Heavy Bleeding: Severe bleeding is one of the most common causes of the presence of these kinds of fibroids. The patient may experience a lot of bleeding during menstrual periods, as well as pain and cramps the rest of the time. The periods will also be very painful when there are fibroids in the uterus or the uterine lining.
- Painful Intercourse: It is a well-known fact that any kind of infection or growth as well as sores and other such ailments can lead to vaginal dryness as well as pain during sexual intercourse. This is true for uterine fibroids as well, which can lead to severe pain during sexual activity. These fibroids can also give rise to pain in the lumbar or lower back region.
- Abdomen Swelling: The abdomen may go through significant swelling in such a condition and the patient may even look like she is pregnant. The growth can push the shape of the abdomen outwards and create a full feeling.
- Pregnancy Complications: The presence of uterine fibroids can give rise to several complications during pregnancy and even after child birth. One of the most common problems in this case is bleeding, followed by more severe outcomes like miscarriage. The women suffering from uterine fibroids are at greater risk of undergoing a caesarean section for the delivery of the baby. The baby may also be born breech and a premature delivery may take place.
- Infertility: This is also a rare side effect of the uterine fibroids and is generally seen only in very severe cases.
- Cancer: Only one in every 1000 cases might transform into malignant tumours. These uterine fibroids are generally known to be non-malignant.
Any symptoms must be reported to a gynaecologist at the earliest to avoid any serious complications.
Hello doctor. Its been 4 months, still my wife experiences pain in her vagina when we have sex. What could be the reason. And cure.
Having one sexual partner who is having sex only with you can help prevent aids. Both partners must have been tested and found to be hiv negative.
Use an appropriate condom
Using a latex or plastic (polyurethane) condom each time you have sex.
Do not share needles
Do not share needles with anyone, ever.
Avoid sharing personal items
Avoid sharing items like toothbrushes and razors, as they can contain traces of blood. Do not use an item if you are not certain it is new or has been used only by you.
Eek reputable health and personal care
Seek reputable professionals for dental work, medical care, surgery, medical testing, hair cutting and tattooing.
Avoid breast milk
According to the u. S. Department of health and human services, breast milk can contain hiv. You should not allow breast milk to come in contact with the mucous membranes of your mouth or any open sores.