Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Deepa LakshmikanthanYour feedback matters!
With a number of virus and other mosquito borne disease threats looming in, such as dengue, chikungunya, malaria and other deadly diseases. The number of cases are on the rise throughout the country, there has been an alarming rise is the use of market bought mosquito repellents. While they are no doubt, very effective, but they also emit gases which can be harmful to us. There exist in our homes, commodities with which we can achieve the same results - to have a mosquito-free home. Few such ways are as follows:
1. Though it might smell bad initially, it is also the reason why mosquitoes will stay away. Crush a few pods of garlic, boil it in water and spray the liquid in the room, especially in the corners.
2. Camphor is easily available and good way to get rid of mosquitoes. Light a little bit of camphor in a room after closing all doors and windows. Leave the room for about twenty minutes and when you go back, your room will be mosquito free.
3. Infuse citronella oil in a candle and burn the candle to have a mosquito free room. Alternatively, you can use the oil in a vaporizer.
4. If you have a garden, plant mosquito repellent plants like lavender, catnip and citronella in the areas near the windows of your house to drive the mosquitoes away.
5. Get rid of all stored water within and around your house. These waters are breeding grounds for mosquitoes. If you need to store water for the unexpected shortage of water, make sure that you keep changing it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
I am 40 years old female unmarried. Sir mujhe harmons imbalanced hai FSH-80 or LH-33 ki report me hai, but sir last 4 month mujhe period thik huye hai, or khul ker hue, manedoctor ko dikhya to unhone mujhe calcium or ayeron ki tablet di jisse mujhe thik se perod ate hai but is month mujhe abji tak priod nhi huye or meri date 4 or 5 ki thi, doctor ne report dekh k bola I tum jaldi shadi ker lo nhi to ma nhi ban sakti kyuki tumhe POI hai, or doctor ne bola ki endocrinologist se ek bar consult kro sir muje bataiye ki me kabhi maa nhi ban sakti or sir me bahot garib hu mere ghar me mri mother or me hu or koi nhi hai. Please do something for me sir, please answer me sir me bahot pareshan hu or mujhe bahot problm ho rhe hai body me.
How could a woman can get pregnant if man pulls out before ejaculation during sex? When all sperms are out and not inside?
Your diet is missing in multiple nutrients hence not able to protect itself from dis-eases. Your body does not get enough supply of nutrients and due to pollution (environmental, water, food, air quality, soil, chemicals used outside and inside home etc.) the nutrients are exhausted faster and the requirement increases multifolds.
The remedy is to eat as many fruits and veg in a day - fresh, juiced (but un-strained) or as mixed fruit bowl, mixed salad etc. all uncooked. Remember the antioxidants (protective nutrients – protect our body from diseases, valuable for preventing sicknesses, beneficial for protecting the body from further damage, if taken in sufficiency even reverse certain symptoms) are mostly present in foods which are in the natural form. So consume the foods the way nature produces for us.
Vitamins A, C, E & Omega are major antioxidants and should be taken in dietary and supplemental form along with Echinacea (herb) to boost the immunity, making you strong enough to fight the infections and diseases.
Therefore consume foods:
1. Rich in omega3 to counteract the inflammatory allergic response such as wall nuts, pecan nuts, flex seeds, chia seeds, mildly roasted or lightly cooked soya beans, canola oil, etc.
2. Rich in antioxidants such as all kinds of all kinds of berries strawberries, black berries, blue berries, bilberries, gooseberries, cranberries, raspberries, mulberries, etc.
3. Rich in Vitamin C and other nutrients - fruits such as oranges, apples, quince, pears, custard apple, kiwi, pineapple, papaya, pomegranate, sweet lime, lemon, grapefruit, passion fruit, mango, banana, apricot, lychees, rambutan, toddy fruit, plums, peach, avocado, amla, olives, cherries, watermelons, muskmelon, fig, guava, grapes etc.
4. Good food sources of other protective nutrients in different color vegetables like baby corn, beetroot, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, carrots, bell peppers / capsicum, cucumber, cabbage, kale, parsley, cauliflower, spinach, green onion, lettuce tomatoes, onions, radish, and more - eaten as raw - as salads....
5. Herbs such as ginger, turmeric, mint, coriander, celery etc
6. Uncooked sprouts of all the lentils. Some nutrients missing in the lentils or legumes are synthesized during the process of germination and available best in uncooked form especially for 4 from Vitamin B group, Vitamin C and many others
7. Warm decoctions such as green tea, herbal tea, tulsi tea, jeera tea, ajwain tea, methi tea, etc.
However, when you already got the health concern, your body requires more antioxidants then it would require on a regular basis. If your lungs and liver are affected then you should undergo a nutritional therapy for a certain period of time to get your health back.
My gf she is 22 year old on 23 December my sperm. Gets out near vagina. Nd after that next period is 12 days earlier nd next one is 6 days late and after that all period are regular nd now she has used preganews as well as. Blood test for pregnancy BT both. Are negative. Now her stomach gets out little bit. Is there any chance of pregnancy.
My wife body on normal times also is so hot that even if she holds my hands or arms it feels like an hot iron has touched me, it's so hot that I can stand her touch for even 30 seconds as if my body will burn. She doesn't have temperature but still her body is usually extremely warm/ hot. Please suggest.
Kya ladki apni hymen (seal) toote bina bhi pregnant ho sakti hai kya .please reply me fast. Mera blood nhi nikla. Lekin mujhe 8 din hogaye mc nhi aayi.
We had sex on the 11th of October without protection. And even the pill wasn't taken within 72 hrs. Can we go ahead and get a pregnancy done using I-can. Will it show results now.
Hi. Doctor, if girls can pregnant, without losing there virgins? I mean my friend was had sex with her gf, they didn't had properly sex but she is now pregnant is that possible doctor?? She is virgin and blood didn't come vagina pls tell ke answer doctor.
I m 30 years my frst child is 8 yrs. After 1 st pregnancy I conceive very soon so I abort the child n after dat last year also I get abortion through medicine. N third abortion in 23 december 2015. Bt nw I decide to get pregnant as soon as so I can plan fr baby after three months of abortion. N wat chances dat I become pregnant soon or nt easy to conceive early. please help.
I had sex on 4th day of my periods that is on 19th January at 5 pm you first day of periods was 19th January 2017. I take I pill on 25th January at 1 pm. Now today that is on 31st January I had bleeding at morning then stop and then again at 1 pm at the same day. I have mild pain in my lower abdomen. I am worried now what it is. Is it implantation bleeding or effect of I pill..
I am not able to eat well like it's only two chapatis per day in the sense that I do not get hungry and thirsty what would be my problem?
I have intramural uterine fibroid issue its size is 89*70 mm. And want to conceive. Pls give advice.
As we age, our organs and body as a whole start to deteriorate, which results in many age-related conditions. Bone and joint pain is one of the most common body aches with the passage of time. Many people consider it untreatable and try to soothe the pain with painkillers and other medications, but there is a way of treating the pain completely naturally and with no side-effects
- The knees are one of the body parts that is subjected to a lot of wear and tear over time. They support our weight and are very important for our movement, which is why they need to be protected. Additionally, our joints can be easily worn down due to a number of factors such as bad posture or inflammation.
- Once joint or bone pain kicks in, it will only increase if left untreated. These aches are usually among the first symptoms of aging, and they progress over time. They won’t go away after a while and should be treated as soon as possible in order to avoid bigger problems. Luckily, this can all be relieved with a simple natural remedy that will provide the joints with essential nutrients and protect them from damage.
- The natural treatment we have for you today can heal your joints and strengthen them and your bones as well. It contains essential nutrients which can prevent numerous problems. What we eat has a profound impact on our overall health including the health of our joints and bones. Nourishing the body with vitamins and minerals becomes increasingly more important overage, and this remedy will help you do exactly that. Here’s how to prepare it:
- Ingredients - 40 gr. Of pumpkin seeds200 gr. Of honey2 tablespoons of unflavored gelatin3 tablespoons of raisins8 tablespoons of flaxseedspreparation and use
- Just mix all the ingredients in a blender until you get a homogenous mixture.
- Take a tablespoon of the remedy twice a day and continue with it until you feel positive results.
- Try the remedy yourself, and you will restore your mobility soon!
An IVF treatment has a lot of factors which need to be fulfilled for it to be successful. All these factors culminate together to give a successful IVF treatment. The entire process includes many elaborate steps including countless vaginal ultrasounds, several injections, multiple blood draws and egg retrieval. Only if all these procedures are completed successfully that the IVF is successful. Among these one thing is for sure. These procedures cannot be successful if the right doctor is not undertaking it. If you are still baffled with the role of the doctor and how should you choose him then here it is listed in detail.
Make sure the doctor is experienced
Proper transfer of embryo determines the fate of IVF to a great extent. If the embryo is not transferred successfully the entire procedure may fail. Transferring the embryo involves putting it at the right location and ensuring that the embryo stays there. To achieve this, several progesterone injections are required to be given. These injections stop any form of uterine contractions. Ultrasound imaging is used to make sure that the catheter is placing the embryo at the right place. It is known that a proper guidance on the ultrasound and the manner of using the catheter influences the success of IVF and all this can be done only by an experienced doctor.
Don’t give a single doctor too many chances
If you have attempted for several times, and it has not been successful even after the first few tries, then don’t be afraid to ask your doctor questions regarding the IVF procedure. If the doctor doesn’t seem satisfactory to you don’t hesitate to change the doctor as it is a matter of your life. You can see for 2-3 times or maximum for a number of 4 times, after that you must definitely take a decision and change your doctor.
Take recommendations from friends and relatives
It is true that IVF is not always successful. So why take chances? If you have a friend or a relative who has already gone through the IVF procedure and has had successful IVF, then approach them for a proper guidance relating the doctors. But don’t forget to do some of your own research too. Choosing the right doctor is very crucial and when you have someone advising you on that stance why wastes that chance? Take advice and don’t regret later.
There is nothing to worry too much if you have gone to a doctor you hadn’t heard before. Give them a chance but if you feel it’s not working don’t hesitate and change your doctor at once. IVF has many factors contributing to it and a good doctor is just one of them.
If you want to discuss any other problem, Consult IVF Specialist.
We are having sex regularly without using condom From last 3 month But my wife not getting pregnant Is their prob of irregular periods or sperm count of mine is problem.
Dr. Sharmila majumdar
Are you looking to spice up things in bed?
1. Keep fit
Sex is a bodily function. That means a healthy person is more likely to have successful sex than an unhealthy one. Having good cardiovascular health is especially smart, given that the vasculature down there is easily affected by poor conditions. Just having high cholesterol can trigger ed or fsd. Just taking a 20-minute brisk walk can benefit you immensely releasing all the endorphins (the happy hormones) and building your muscle and bone health, giving you a positive mood thereby boosting libido.
2. Relaxation is critical
Stress has a way of ruining sex lives through psychological and physical means. Not everyone can have the luxury of taking time off work and heading to the bedroom, but there are little steps everyone can take to get themselves more in the mood of a pleasure-focused evening complete with music, a couples bath or shower, and sensual massage with essential oils, followed by simple home cooked food with candles instead of electrical lighting.
This is utmost important for anyone who wants to get the most out of their sex life — or their relationship in general" communication is key" if you don't have communication, you're not going to get anywhere sexually. Talking honestly about sex can be difficult but any awkwardness will be well worth it. Of course, communicating sexual desires during the deed should be done delicately and any serious suggestions should be saved for a discussion later.
4. Making it emotional
For women, being spoken to in a romantic way is an important part of sexual arousal. Same applies to men too. Just basic compliments sprinkled throughout the day can make any partner feel more desired, which often translates to increasingly passionate reciprocation.
5. Educating the self
This can be a challenging task for long-term couples if they've never done it but nearly everyone benefits from some sexual education. Dvds that explain more advanced and exciting sexual techniques. In particular, recommend are couples-based films.
6. Hug romance
As relationships age, the people in them often settle into a comfort zone. There is plenty that's great about the comfort zone but feeling desired and loved should not be sacrificed. Whether it's flowers, an at-home dinner, or dancing to a favourite song, planning a special night of romance is a pretty simple way to spice a relationship.
7. It's not just the orgasm
Overthinking sex is a nearly guaranteed way to take all the fun out of it. This can be a particular problem for men with a female partner because women tend to have a tougher time climaxing and some men see sex without orgasm as a failed effort" the objective is to find ways to give each other pleasure" focusing on the journey rather than the destination is going to give more pleasure and cut off pressure on the couple.