Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Occupational Therapists in India. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. D.vijee
Speech Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. D.vijeeYour feedback matters!
I have laboured my child 3 months ago through c section. I am having severe leg pain after c section. It is getting worse during nights. The pain is more in calf muscles when I stretch my legs.
Spinal cord is a very important part of your body as it renders support to your body. It also gives your body a good posture and thus, maintaining a healthy spine is very essential. An unfit spinal cord can lead to various complicated problems. The following are five must do exercises in order to maintain a healthy spine:
1. Exercising your core muscles can help you to maintain a fit spine. Your core muscles refer to the muscles of your lower back and your abdominal muscles. These muscles give support to your spine. So exercising them can give you a healthy spine.
2. Walking regularly can also give you a healthy spine. It is suitable for people of all age groups. Daily walking can help you to recover from various spinal illnesses as well such as spinal stenosis.
3. Swimming is also good exercise for maintaing a fit spinal cord. Swimming helps to exercise all back muscles and thus, gives you a healthy spinal cord.
4. Lying down straight with your face down on an even and firm surface for about twenty minutes can help you to get a healthy spine and also a good body posture.
5. Cycling can also help you achieve a healthy spine. While cycling, all your back muscles and the muscles of the lower part of your body are engaged in physical activity. If the muscles of your lower back are strong, then it can help you to keep your spine fit.
Other than these exercises, stretching your limbs and other stretching exercises are also beneficial for a healthy spine. But, it is highly recommended for you to consult a doctor before doing any exercise in order to be guided in the proper manner and avoid further complications.