Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. D RajendranYour feedback matters!
I am 19 year old. I think due to my eyes I'm suffering from headache regularly but doctor says my eyes are normal. When I wash my face I feel relax from headache. What should I do to cure this headache?
My eyes are becoming weak day by day, what could be the reason and cure. It is making me frightened as I cannot read distant written texts anymore.
Hi Doctor, My 14 month baby is suffering with a stye on his eyelid. It's been 1 month, and it has not reduced. I have been applying the eyedrop as recommended by another doc. I am worried since its not going away. There is no redness in eye and baby is completely active. I am worried if it will effect his eyesight. I should have gone by now. Please suggest what we need to do in that case? Thank you in advance.
Am getting severe pain in my left eye, left forehead above eyebrow, left ear, and the facial muscles below the left side lock. Due to this I have severe head ache. What could be the problem, and which doctor should i consult?
Hello, I am a student studying I. T so I have to work on computer and laptop that's why my eyes pains alot and headache also. I do my work by wearing specs but not get relief. please help me for that problem.
Dear sir if I have RD in my one eye for 10 Years and can not see with it. Is there any chance my good eye will have rd in future due to effected eye.
I've already got the operation done of my LEFT eye as I was facing Motiabind and it was done through lager technology. Further I want to know whether can I get the operation done again as I still have no clear visual. Also confirm that what will be the result if I don't take any treatment if I have Motiabind in my LEFT eye. Will it effect to my RIGHT side eye or not? Is is mandatory to get the operation done of my LEFT eye if I'm having Motiabind in it?
Dear Sir please suggest exercise to improve eye sight especially for RP I am 48 years old Regards Pln.
He suffered from an accident and his brain got affected , he is only opening and closing his eyes , we are not sure that whether he is able to see or not . He is not responding to anyone , what should we do ?
I am 20 year old boy I have problems in eye. My eye is red and like burning during the day what I should do? And I have also problem with eye number in right 1 no. But I can not wear goggles. because my eye is also burning.
Ebooks maybe are a lot easier to carry, and with the emerging trend of Kindles, it may appear to be more convenient than paperbacks, but the smell of new books, the texture of its pristine pages, is unparalleled to the inanimateness of ebooks. But that is not just why you must choose paperbacks over ebooks.
Read on to find out why paperbacks work well over ebooks for better eye health:
- Does not involve light-emission: The backlit electronic devices, strain your eyes, causing redness, irritation and watering. Most doctors advise that exposure to light during the evening, especially from artificial sources should be minimal. On the other hand, books do not emit any harmful rays, making it the obvious choice if you want to take good care of your eyes.
- Do not hamper body clock: Our system has a tendency to adapt itself to the rhythm of life by responding to the surrounding light. However, the blue light in reading devices disrupt the release of melatonin or the sleep hormone, causing inadequate, less deep sleep, and fatigue and irritation the following morning. Thus, not giving enough time to your eyes and body for revitalizing. On the other hand, studies have shown that people reading books sleep better and timelier than those reading on devices.
- Proximity to device not required: The admonition of not sitting too close to the television's screen glare is nullified by reading devices where a certain level of proximity is required for comfortable reading, which harms our eyes. But paperbacks do not have any such risk involved as there is no glare that would affect our eyes.
- Does not induce disrupted winking: Electronic devices often trigger a tendency to not blink and stare at the screen constantly for longer than advisable. That does not give the lenses in your eyes the momentary rest that the eyes require in order to replenish themselves.
Exercises to improve eye health:
There are many common measures people take to improve their eyesight or improve their vision. These include wearing glasses, lenses, sunglasses and many such measures. Here are some effective exercises which prove to be highly beneficial in increasing your eye health:
- Stretching: This is the most common and also one of the easiest to do. It requires you to just look up, hold for two seconds, look down, hold for two seconds, then repeat this procedure for each corner of your eye, which means top-left, top-right, bottom-left and bottom-right corners.
- Flexing: This is simply rotating your eyes in circles. Roll your eyes in the clockwise direction for one minute and then roll your eyes in the anticlockwise direction for one minute.
- Focus switching: This particular eye exercise is used for accommodation and is probably the most useful one. In this eye exercise, you have to hold something at a reading distance and cover the other eye. You then have to find something that is at least twenty feet away and trace its shape with one eye closed. With one eye closed, trace more shapes which are twenty feet away and this may improve your eyesight.
- Palming: This exercise is also very simple to perform. All you have to do is cover your eyes with your palms. Once you have done this, just wait and see that there are no bright flashes of light. If you see that there is a bright flash of light, just wait till they go. This is used primarily to destress the eyes.
- Deep blinking: This is also an incredibly useful exercise for distance vision. All you have to do is to place some large letters at a fair distance and then sit on a chair. You have to then close your eyes and tighten all your muscles for 5 seconds. After the gap of 5 seconds, open your eyes and see the letters for a second or two. The more time you do this the more clearly you will be able to see the letters after reopening your eyes.
Finally, a warning has to be given that these eye treatments are not universally accepted by all doctors. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.