Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. D.RajendranYour feedback matters!
Hi sir I am Chunnu from Mumbai I have sight problem and my eyes pain sometime headache also starting what I do suhhest me plzz thanking you.
I have problem of my eyes and I'm not able to see properly which things are far a away from me pls solve this problem.
I am a myopic patient and my eye power increasing gradually. I want to fix this big problem with some surgery like LASIK or laser etc. I want to know what is cost of surgery, good hospital names and surgery limitations also. My recent eye power is (–3.5,–3.25). Can you please help me with this?
I got a scar on my retina and doctors say that it is incurable. It is approximately 7 years old scar so I thought I should ask you about this so please reply me that it has a treatment or not.
Hello Doctor, I am a 22 year old boy. I got specs last year at the age of 21. I don't know exact reason for same. Is there anything I can do to reduce my myopia.
LASIK stands for Laser In-situ Keratomileusis. This is a common eye surgery that helps in correcting vision problems. During this procedure, the cornea of the eye is cut across by a medical expert to raise the tissues and reshape them to correct vision. LASIK is suitable for patients who have shortsightedness, long sightedness or who suffer from astigmatism.
Here are the 5 benefits that a LASIK surgery offers:
1. Improved vision - A study reveals that 95% of the people who underwent this surgery achieved uncorrected visual acuity of 20/40 and 85% of the people achieved 20/20 vision. This procedure ensures that a patient achieves enhanced vision.
2. Quick results and recovery - This surgery enables you to return to your normal schedule immediately the day after the surgery. You can have clear and improved vision within a day.
3. Long- lasting outcomes - A minimum timeframe of 3 months is required for the eyes to adjust, after which LASIK results are permanently noticeable in a patient. No follow up procedures are required unless something wrong went with the surgery. The patient will continue to have improved vision unless there is any normal loss due to illness or aging.
4. No need of glasses - You no longer require glasses as your vision turns to normal post-LASIK surgery.
5. Goodbye contact lenses - LASIK surgery will help eliminate the need for contacts. You will be able to avoid all the problems pertaining to wearing a contact lens, including lens solution.