Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Chitra
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ChitraYour feedback matters!
I am 23 year old. My mera weight 40 kg hai or muje sardi cough ki taklif aksar ho jati he. Or mera vajan bhi badhana chahta hu. So help me and send good advise.
My name is Dr Vinod Raina. I’m a sexologist. We will be talking today on the topic of ED.
What can be the causes for ED?
Basically, it has been seen that number of patients who are chain smokers, who smoke approximate 10-15 or 20 cigarettes a day, they have this disease called ED.
What happens, what are the causes? And why smoking is responsible for ED?
Basically, when a patient smokes, the smoke goes into the lungs, and then from the lungs, the smoke is transported to all the parts of the body through the vessels. These vessels are choked by the smoke, and the microvessels, present in all the parts of the body gets stenosed and then the blood circulation does not take place properly. So, a penis is the first and foremost part of the body which gets affected because there are a number of micro-vessels present in the penis and these arteries, or veins, or micro-vessels get choked and the circulation of blood gets compensated and then this process of ED starts in the body.
So what we can do?
Definitely, you have to stop smoking. There are people who smoke 15-20 cigarettes per day, it is very high. You please stop smoking.
Moreover, it has been seen that some patients who are drinking, who drink heavily and been drinking with smoke, the WHO recommendation is only 2 pegs per day. That means, not more than 60-90 ml of alcohol. But there are people, youngsters, who drink, 5 to 8 to 10 pegs a day, so there’s a huge consumption of alcohol.
What it leads?
It leads to severe stress in the body and this stress leads to the erectile dysfunction. Moreover, it has been seen that there are people who work from morning to evening, they don’t have time for a walk, their lifestyle is not good, they take junk food, they drink carbonated drinks, these things also effect Erectile dysfunction. So, if you want to lead a healthy life:
- You have to walk for 45 minutes a day
- You have to take a proper diet.
- You have to take at least 10-15 almonds every day
- 2-3 walnuts every day, and if you are a non-vegetarian.
- You can take fish two times a week, and if you are a vegetarian, then definitely, you can take broccoli, two to three times a week or you can take kaali urad ki daal.
That definitely will solve your problem.
And if the problem is not solved by these things, then definitely you have to visit a sexologist who can treat your problem.
My name is Dr. Vinod Raina, you can meet me on the platform of Lybrate. You can visit www.lybrate.com/Dr. Vinod Raina
While most noise is just in the background for us, loud noises, either in small spurts or prolonged exposure, can cause hearing loss. This has been happening more frequently as the levels of noise in an industrialized society go further up.
Noise induced hearing loss explained
Loud noises may damage the sensitive structure of your ear, which process the sound waves into information. They eventually become nonfunctional, resulting in a loss of hearing in that range. If exposure to loud noises continues, then this might extend to the entire range of hearing and may cause total hearing loss.
What may cause noise induced hearing loss?
Some of the scenarios which may cause noise induced hearing loss are as follows:
1. Listening to music on high volume: If you constantly listen to music or watch movies at your home on very loud levels, then it may result in noise induced hearing loss. In fact, listening to music or watching movies with headphones in your ears is one of the leading causes for hearing loss. Headphones have deceptively loud levels and may result in damaged hearing overtime.
2. Noise of household tools: Household tools such as drills, mixers, grinders, mowers, and saws can expose you to loud levels of noise. Even a quick exposure for a few seconds could temporarily damage your hearing.
3. Occupational problems: Occupations such as construction, factory work and military that require the use of power tools on a constant basis can also cause hearing loss. The sound from the resulting friction might damage your hearing very quickly. Explosions and impacts are also causes of hearing loss in the military and law enforcement departments.
Prevention and treatment
Treatment: It is difficult to treat hearing loss as in most cases; it may be permanent, except sudden shocks, when your hearing might come back to normal. The only treatments for hearing loss are hearing aids or cochlear implants which can restore hearing partially.
Prevention: Prevention is the best method to avoid hearing loss and in most cases, you should wear ear protection such as mufflers or sound level reduction devices to protect your hearing. Also, practice listening to music, watching TV or movies at lower levels, especially if you are on the headphones. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ent-specialist.