Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ChitraYour feedback matters!
Sometimes I felt that a needle pinned in my heart, which was felt very painful for a few seconds. And the very next seconds it will be alright.
Hi I have very bad migraine, due to which I fight with everyone always. Please suggest me something and also I do not like to face light.
Maximum time I feel in fever & regarded in cough. I take medicine but It doesn't recover. How I recover from this illness.
I have head ache. It comes twice a week regularly. I have sight I'm using specs. But why I get head ache?
Diabetic patient for 10 years. Burning sensation in both feet and sleep disturbance now. On Metformin 500 mg 3 times a day and sitagliptin once a day. Fasting sugar 135 HbA1c 7.5 Vitamin B12 Normal. What could be the reason for this burning sensation which is not tolerable at all?
Sir pet m gas ho ja rha hai or sari se m bilkul fit hu Sammy pe fresh bhi hota hu Subah running pe bhi jta hu phir bhi.
Hi this is asif. I have sever stomach pain at right side since last 3 days can you suggest me a good advice what should I do of this.
Any type of surgery is stressful for your body and you will need to take extra care of yourself in order to heal well. Any procedure that is performed on the stomach, liver, gallbladder, intestines, appendix, pancreas or spleen can be categorised as an abdominal surgery.
Here are ten tips to speed up the healing process after such a surgery.
- Be prepared: While preparing yourself for surgery, also prepare your home for your return after surgery. Stock up your fridge with soft foods and keep loose, comfortable clothes easily accessible. Ideally, finish your laundry and house cleaning before the surgery and move away furniture and other things that could trip you.
- Understand your medication: After the surgery, you are likely to be prescribed medication to relieve the pain and help with the healing process. Understand the dosage of these medications as well as any possible side effects that you should watch out for.
- Get out of bed: The more you move around, the faster your incision will heal. Moving about also aids in the digestive process and helps the bowel work efficiently.
- Avoid lifting heavy weights: Do not lift anything heavier than 500 grammes without your doctor’s consent. This includes your pets, laundry baskets, grocery bags etc. also, avoid vacuuming for a while.
- Get some light exercise: It may be a few months before you can get back to your regular workout routine but ensure that you get a little light exercise every day. Walking is a great way to start.
- Keep plenty of pillows at hand: Holding a pillow between your knees or against your stomach can help relieve abdominal pain and discomfort. You may also feel better by propping yourself up on a few pillows when sitting on a chair.
- Drink plenty of water: Keeping your body hydrated is crucial to the healing process. Water aids in circulation and ensures that adequate nutrients reach all parts of your body. Ideally, one should drink 8 to 10 glasses of water a day.
- Care for your incision: Keep your incision clean and dry by washing it with soap and water daily and thoroughly drying it afterwards. Do not apply any ointment or cream on the area unless advised so by the doctor.
- Take a close look at your diet: For the first few days, it is advisable to eat only soft or semi-soft foods that are easy to digest. You may gradually change to normal food as your body’s tolerance levels increase.
- Get plenty of sunshine: Exposing yourself to a little sunshine on a daily basis can make the recovery process less painful and make you more cheerful. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.