Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. CheliyanYour feedback matters!
Is it necessary to go to hospital when i'm suffering from food poison. Or I can cure it with home remedies.
I am 31 yr old lady (, software professional) with 4.5 yrs old baby. Normal delivery. After delivery, by 7th month, frequent urinary infection started. Uti is a frequent story and had lot of noflox 400 for this. Every time had this for 5 days 3 times. Next month again like that. After delivery I have started feeling week in regular intervals in a day. Took lot of tonics alopathy and homoeopathy under doctors supervision. Homoeo medicines have me solution for 6 months. Then that will not work then tonic chnaged at last using fourrts' protein powder. Now that too not useful by 2015 march. No abnormality in any check up. 70/110 bp and 84 fasting sugar and 86 after food sugar. 2 weeks before hypotyroid diagonised 5.54. Started 25 mg (on 1-may-2015) for 45 days. 92 tabs for 15 days). In the morning by 8 I am having giddiness everyday. Then whatever is there in my hand will fall down and I have to lay down in bed asap otherwise I will fell down. After laying down for 15-30 mins I will be ok. The same will occur again in 30 mins. Then I will be ok till 3pm. Again same thing will happen. In office I used to keep my head on my desk during this time. In the night also I have same issue by 8.30. I am taking food on time. Taking 3 ltrs of water everyday. Taking b-protein twice daily. Mainly veg diet following. I have 3mm stone in left kidney.(identified on last oct) and during periods I am getting fainted these days. So b long and rimroz for 10 days before periods and during periods I cannot leave with out meftal 500. (1500 on first day 1000 on next 3 days. Normal flow. On feb found out cervical erosion is there and had antibiotic treatment and cauterization.(on march end). Dovctor told now everything is normal. I still have abdominal pain so pres cribed urikind, cranpac and citralka for that. Please help me to identify what will be my real issue.
I have went to site job which includes rigorous walking under sun for 8 km daily and then skipping of meals, having poor diet. Suddenly I am feeling lost of appetite & stomach disorder. I am also feeling uncomfortable from inside from doing any activity daily basis. Am I suffering from any chronic disorder?
How can I cure permanently diabetes mellitus from my body blood glucose level and the blood acidity. Is there any risk of heart attack for obesity, how can I get rid of this?
I am 26 year old I got married on 1 june after intercourse with my partner she got pain below the abdomen.please give me suggestions.
I am 27 years old. Now I recently face gas problem. please give me a permanent solution according this.
Caused by blockage in appendix by stool a foreign body or cancer. Infection is another leading cause of blockage. And less common in people who eat fibre rich food
Tips for post appendectomy
1. Avoid strenuous activity
2. Support abdomen while cough or move
3. Start slowly and increase your activity as you feel upto it
4. Take it easy and rest when you need to
I am suffering from gas problem in stomach. When I drink sometime it is slowly going to stomach .I am feeling that. If I am with empty stomach also. Gas is fully having in my stomach. I am facing this for one year. I don't eat regular ly at time .is that any problem. What is the perfect time to eat breakfast, lunch,dinner.
Dear sir, I am suffering from digestion problem from several days Please suggest any medical tablets.
Age 21 years, sikly health and very warms in abdomen. appendices operation over at the age of 6. I have night falls sometimes. Please help me out.
"I feel water in my anus till I capable and than out them I repeat this process 5-6 time" May it produced a serious in body?
Intestinal distress is usually characterised by discomfort and pain in the abdomen, as well as an irritable bowel. This is generally caused when food does not move fast enough through the food pipe, to get digested in time. In Ayurvedic terms, this undigested, unprocessed food and the toxins that it causes is known as Ama. Intestinal distress includes conditions ranging from heartburn to IBS or irritable bowel syndrome. This is also known as Grahani in Ayurveda. Want to more about treating these conditions, the Ayurvedic way? Here's how!
- Mustakarishta: This medicine helps in the prevention and treatment of loose motions as well as indigestion that causes gas and acidity.
- Dadimavaleha: This is generally prescribed for patients suffering from fever along with loose motions, and bleeding, which usually points to infections in the body.
- Kutajarishta: This concoction is used for treating patients suffering from dysentery, loose motions and mild to severe irritable bowel syndrome.
- Pushyanuga Churna: This medicine is used for treating menorrhagia, metrorrhagia, excessive bleeding during menstrual cycles and other digestive disorders.
- Kutajavaleha: This is usually used during treatment for conditions like irritable bowel syndrome, ulcerative colitis and piles. It also treats inflammation and bleeding issues. This medicine is also useful in treating patients suffering from anaemia.
- Sanjeevani Vati: This medicine can be used for treating problems associated with dyspepsia, gastro enteritis and indigestion which can lead to heartburn.
- Bilwadi Gutika: Patients who have endured rodent or insect bites as well as gastro enteritis issues can use this medicine for instant relief.
- Jeerakarishtam: This medicine is used for mothers who have just had babies and need to control frequent stools and indigestion in the post-natal period.
The use of Ayurvedic medicines necessarily needs the support of other measures like eating a healthy and balanced diet as well as massages and other such tools prescribed under this science. The medicines work towards healing and preventing further eruptions of the ailments. But for the successful treatment of the same, patients of intestinal distress need to remember not to overeat and to have meals on time, and in a routine manner. The meals should consist of cumin, turmeric and easy to digest food as well as plenty of water. Exercise is another important facet of relieving the discomfort felt under such situations. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.