Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ChandrasekaranYour feedback matters!
My hair are falling in very early days this way am not feeling good in parties please tell me what to do and what can I do for it.
My wife is having left leg knee pain since last two months, x-ray taken but there is no problem found. What is the reason behind it?
Gout is a type of arthritis, which can affect your joints, though usually, it causes maximum harm to your big toe. Symptoms that you are having a bout of gout include having a stiffness and swelling of the joint in question. The pain is very sudden and also causes a burning sensation. Gout is basically a recurrent type of inflammatory arthritis. However, the pain associated with gout can be remedied by Ayurveda.
Here are some of the best Ayurvedic remedies which can be used:
- Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu: Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu is the most common and most widely recommended treatment for gout. However, it needs to be taken on an empty stomach. It is also worth note that it works best when teaspoons of it are taken two times a day with warm milk.
- Kaishore Guggulu: Kaishore guggulu is a type of medicine, which should be accompanying Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu. It Is usually administered after some initial relief is felt from Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu. Its best to consume this medicine in tablet form thrice a day.
- Shallaki: This Ayurvedic remedy is great for decreasing the pain in the joints affected. It also decreases the swelling in those joints, which have been affected by the bout of gout. Shallaki is also crucial in making sure that cartilage forms and that the blood supply to the joint which is affected by gout is still stable.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is medically known as Withania Somnifera. In the West, Ashwagandha is popularly known as Winter Cherry. Also, it has a lot of therapeutic properties, which include reducing joint pains and also inflammation of muscles. This herb can also work wonders on your blood circulation.
- Pinda Taila: This is a type of oil which needs to be applied externally. Pinda Taila is a very rare class of medicines which treats gout externally. Pinda Taila or Guduchyadi Taila is administered by rubbing it on the body part affected.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized ayurveda and ask a free question.
Type 2 diabetes, the type of diabetes which is common in adults, is a disease of insulin resistance, a condition in which the body produces insulin but does not use it effectively. When people have insulin resistance, glucose builds up in the blood instead of being absorbed by the cells, leading to type 2 diabetes or prediabetes. Insulin resistance is associated with excess body weight and often gives rise to metabolic syndrome, also called insulin resistance syndrome, is a group of traits and medical conditions linked to overweight and obesity that puts people at risk for both CVD and type 2 diabetes.
Losing excess body weight,therefore helps people with diabetes and prediabetes in several ways
-Weight loss results in less insulin resistance in the body so that blood sugar is better controlled
-Weight loss also results in decreased blood pressure and better blood lipid profile thus reducing the heart risk
-Weight loss results in positive changes in mood and behavior and gives a sense of control over the disease
Therefore, the guidelines, by expert agencies in diabetes care, recommend that
-Overweight/obese people should try to lose weight and get their BMI< 23; this target is suitable for people with less burden of excess weight (BMI up to ~ 25)
-For people who are morbidly obese (BMI greater than 27.5 or more in people of Indian subcontinent), initial target is to lose 5-10% of body weight within six months to year
-Gradual weight loss is recommended, for which a moderate calorie restriction of 500 calories is advised, but in severely obese people a calorie restriction of up to 1000 calories
-The radically restrictive diets such as low carb, low fat, Atkins etc. have not been found to be superior for either weight loss or sugar/cholesterol control over other diets
-Adherence to the calorie restricted diet is single most important factor for weight loss maintenance
-Recommended level of exercise for all adults (150 minutes/week of moderate-intensity exercise and 2-3 sessions of resistance exercise/week) help in greater weight loss when combined with a dietary calorie restriction of 500 calorie/day. But, for exercise alone to produce weight loss, 225-400 minutes of moderate intensity exercise is needed
-Drugs or surgery for weight loss may help in people with higher BMI (greater than 27.5 for drugs and greater than 32.5 for weight loss surgery), if you fall in these groups, you should discuss the use of these measures with your doctor
Thus, if you are diabetic or prediabetic and are overweight, you should get into a weight loss program to reduce your health risk.