Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Chandrasekara Rao
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Chandrasekara RaoYour feedback matters!
I have oily skin. I makes my face oil and there are pimples on my face suggest me the best cream for use.
Many factors come into play when evaluating the health of our biggest organ, the skin. It is always exposed to external elements and hence sustains most potential damage. When choosing the proper treatments and products to enhance your skin, you should take into consideration such factors as skin pigmentation, acne, fine lines, wrinkles, skin sensitivities, oiliness or dryness. Exfoliation procedures can be physical or chemical. Which is best for you? The best way to decide on Microdermabrasion vs Chemical Peel is to review the benefits and expectations of each procedure.
Microdermabrasion is the most common physical method for removing the very superficial level of the skin. It is a manual exfoliation of the epidermis to remove dead skin cells, debris and impurities. Normally, an instrument, which combines suction and a wand made of diamond or small crystal particles, is used to remove these from the skin.
Microdermabrasion produces instant results, but may not be a good choice for inflamed, sensitive or rosacea type skin. In such cases look for resurfacing methods that utilize a dermafile, a manual exfoliation using diamond files. This technique reduces breakage of capillaries in someone with thin or sensitive skin. Microdermabrasion encourages collagen stimulation and a more rapid cell turnover in the skin.
Microdermabrasion wands consist of two main types:
- Crystal tip – A mixture of fine aluminum crystals are used to abrade the skin, as the cells and debris are blown away.
- Diamond tip – Very fine diamond particles are used to remove any dead cells, oils, or debris, as these are also suctioned away.
What can I expect from Microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion should leave the skin’s surface velvety smooth, soft, bright and glowing. This rejuvenation method is instant and in rare cases, a pinkness or sensitivity may occur a few hours directly after the procedure, lasting less than 24 hours. Microdermabrasion is a workhorse of all rejuvenation procedures. Although it is primarily used on the face, it can be used on any part of the body, from the neck to chest, to hands, etc. Microdermabrasion is frequently done on the same day prior to other rejuvenation procedures for maximum benefits.
Chemical peels use topical applications of peeling solutions to rejuvenate the skin, address fine lines and wrinkles, pigmentation, tone and texture. They allow for cells that make collagen to function more effectively and remove any damage caused by the sun and other external forces that always act on our skin. Chemical peels are the preferred method in general for the treatment of the following;
- Counter fine lines and wrinkles
- Issues with skin pigmentation due to age or sun damage
- Acne and some acne scars
- General improvement in the skin’s texture, tightness and overall appearance
How do Chemical Peels work?
Whenever we take a step outside, or take a ride in a car our skin is exposed to harsh elements, pollutants, and harmful ultraviolet rays. With exposure to these elements, the skin is potentially damaged, leading to the aged appearance.
Chemical peels remove damaged cells; stimulate the growth of the new skin cells and collagen production. Different peels are used for different purposes. They can and should be customized for each patient’s particular skin types and problems. There are wonderful new combination peels that are safe, effective and have minimal down time. Anyone undergoing a chemical peel must stay out of the sun from 6 – 10 days and needless to say continue to use sun block.
Microdermabrasion vs Chemical Peel
It is always best to consult your physician when determining what will work best for your individual case and to help you accomplish your rejuvenation and/or skin-improvement goals. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
CoolSculpting is a fat reduction procedure that works on the principle of freezing fat or cellulite. It is a non-invasive and non-surgical therapy that cools the subcutaneous fat cells under the skin without harming the skin tissue. Here are the things you need to know before you opt for CoolSculpting:
- CoolSculpting is very effective for body sculpting and reducing weight. This process can eliminate love handles, tires around the abdomen, thighs, and sagging arms. It also burns the fat collected in the upper back.
- The applicator targets only the fatty regions, cools the subcutaneous fat cells. The cooled fat cells crystallize and get destroyed without harming any other cell.
- The process works on both men and women, though the techniques might differ slightly because fat deposition in males and females vary in terms of location.
- The fat freezing treatment can reduce fat cells by up to 25% in each treated region.
- CoolSculpting is done with the help of computer regulated devices which are sensitive to the changing temperatures of the various layers of tissue. This avoids complications like over cooling or unnecessary cooling of cells.
- It different from exercise and dieting as they decrease the size of the fat cells while CoolSculpting reduces the number of fat cells.
- Untreated areas of the body will not have any change in distribution of fat cells.
- The cells are expelled from the system because other healthy cells eat the dead fat, so there is no risk of fat cell migration to other body parts.
- The cold also causes a certain amount of firmness in the treated areas.
- It does not require anesthesia, incisions, any invasive procedure, post-therapy recovery time or lifestyle changes.
- The treatment can be administered on the abdomen, thighs, chin upper arms and male breast.
- The effects of CoolSculpting are long term because the fat cells are eliminated.
- The clinician discusses the approach with you before the treatment. The schedule, number of sessions, number of areas being treated per session- all these factors are customized to fit your specific requirement.
- People are only advised against Cool Scupting if they suffer from Donath Landsteiner Syndrome (presence of hemoglobin in urine) or Cryoglobulinemia (presence of insoluble protein in blood) - both caused by exposure to cold.
- Side effects are very rare and curable.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!