Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. C.T.Alagappan
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. C.T.AlagappanYour feedback matters!
I am 37 year old, I have back pain in last 4 and 5 disc level with compress of cussion. Also my leg pain.
My brother suffers pain above his knees. Xray is not signifying anything. The pain started after he banged his leg on bed.
Hii. Exactly 1 years back I got my knee joint sprain. Had scanning showed anterior cruciate ligament thickness tear. Asked me to do regular physiotherapy. But sometimes sudden movement causing severe pain due to slight sprain. Can you please provide any home treatment to avoid this.
My mother is suffering pain in her urinal area while passing urine a severe back pain and lower abdomen pain. As our family Dr. has advised tab norflox 400 and urikind k. Please give your valuable opinion.
I have some time pain in my left hand and tingling sensation since 1 month please tell me what treatments should be taken.
Are you suffering from body pains? It could be Fibromyalgia!!
Symptoms may be triggered after a surgery, physical trauma, infection, or stress. Women are much more vulnerable to this disease than men. Many people affected with fibromyalgia may have suffered from headaches, backaches, depression, anxiety, tension, temporomandibular joint disorders and irritable bowel syndrome.
Most of these patients have undergone multiple consultation with various doctors and undergone many tests but no diagnosis could be made. These patients are often ignored by doctors and family members as always 'complaining of pain'
Symptoms of Fibromyalgia:
- Extensive Pain- Pain related to fibromyalgia is often depicted as a dull pain that lasts for at least three months. Pain can involve any body part like back, neck, chest, arms, legs. Patients have pain in multiple areas of body and painful areas change over time.
- Fatigue- Patients afflicted with this disorder feel tired even after sleep. Such people are reported to sleep for longer hours than normal people but their sleep often gets disrupted due to sleep apnoea and restless leg syndrome.
- Cognitive Difficulties- These patients find it difficult to concentrate at work and also suffer from memory deficits in daily activities.
- Other Symptoms: These patients may also have symptoms like burning urination, urgency of urination, numbness,loss of appetite, tingling sensation,diarrhea, constipation, tinnitus, depression etc.
Diagnosis of Fibromyalgia:
There are no specific test to diagnose fibromyalgia. Diagnosis is made by a doctor specialized in Pain Medicine using clinical methods based on symptoms and examination. Blood tests like Haemogram, Thyroid function test, RA Factor, ESR are done to rule out other diseases which can cause similar symptoms.
Treatment of Fibromyalgia:
- First step in treating these patients is to accept their problem and discuss with patient and family members regarding the presence of such disease entity.
- Lifestyle changes like active involvement in cardiovascular exercises,swimming, yoga, meditation are important to control symptoms.
- Conventional painkillers do not work in these patients. They requires special medications prescribed by a Pain Specialist for control of symptoms.
- Counselling of patient is beneficial for associated depression.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!