Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. C Subramaniam
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. C SubramaniamYour feedback matters!
Hie, I have pain in right side below my ribs, not continuous pain, it's only paining when that area is getting stretched a bit during activities, what can be the reason behind this? What tests should I do? +I'm having anemia nd UTI and weight loss since many months nd no face since yesterday, Can any of this be the reason?
I am having some problems in my right shoulder, it pains when I pick something heavy it stays for a few days. I try to work out and do some exercises but doesn't help too much but the pain vanishes after some days. Should I go for surgery or is it something common if not doing regular exercises.
I am a working professional and I have to work while sitting for 10 hours a day due to which I am suffering from back pain and orthopaedic disorders please advice me correct remedies.
I'm a 50 year old married woman. I keep getting swelling in my legs. I have mild high bp and am taking one tazlok 40 tab every morning. My work lso entails standing for long hours. Please help me and suggest remedies measures.
I am not able to walk a distance becoz my thigh got rubbed up which make me pain in that particular area.
Osteoarthritis is a Non Inflammatory disease that affects many joints, knee joint most common. In normal joint, a firm, rubbery material called cartilage covers the end of each bone. Cartilage provides a smooth, gliding surface for joint motion and acts as a cushion between the bones. In Osteoarthritis, the cartilage breaks down, causing pain, swelling and problems moving the joint. This disease, that mostly affects women, worsens over the time and should be treated as early as possible.
Symptoms Of Osteoarthritis
Symptoms of osteoarthritis vary, depending on which joints are affected and how severely they are affected. However, the most common symptoms are pain and stiffness, particularly first thing in the morning or after resting. Affected joints may get swollen, especially after extended activity. These symptoms tend to build over time rather than show up suddenly. Some of the common symptoms include:
- Sore or stiff joints – after inactivity or overuse
- Limited range of motion or stiffness that goes away after movement
- Clicking or cracking sound when joint bends
- Mild swelling around a joint
- Pain that is worse after activity or toward the end of the day
Treatment Options For Osteoarthritis
Osteoarthritis is a chronic (long-term) disease. There is no cure, but treatments are available to manage symptoms. Long-term management of the disease will include several factors:
- Managing symptoms, such as pain, stiffness and swelling
- Improving joint mobility and flexibility
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Getting enough of exercise
Physical Activity: One of the most beneficial ways to manage OA is to get moving. While it may be hard to think of exercise when the joints hurt, moving is considered an important part of the treatment plan. Simple activities like walking around the neighborhood or taking a fun, easy exercise class can reduce pain and help maintain (or attain) a healthy weight. Strengthening exercises build muscles around OA-affected joints, easing the burden on those joints and reducing pain. Aerobic exercise helps to improve stamina and energy levels and also help to reduce excess weight. Talk to a doctor before starting an exercise program.
Weight Management: Excess weight adds additional stress to weight-bearing joints, such as the hips, knees, feet and back. Losing weight can help people with OA reduce pain and limit further joint damage. The basic rule for losing weight is to eat fewer calories and increase physical activity.
Stretching: Slow, gentle stretching of joints may improve flexibility, lessen stiffness and reduce pain. Exercises such as is great ways to manage stiffness.
Braces: For varus and valgus deformity of knee joint, brace very helpful like Unloader Knee Brace has importent role in Osteoarthritis knee.
Positive Attitude: Many studies have demonstrated that a positive outlook can boost the immune system and increase a person's ability to handle pain.
Role of Homeopathy In Treating Osteoarthritis
Homeopathy treats you as a whole and focuses on individualization. Homeopathic case taking analyses your physical and mental constitution. It considers your individual tendencies such as oversensitivity, muscle weakness, overstraining, repeated falls.
If there is a deficiency or an imbalance of essential minerals like calcium, phosphorus, potassium, iron, silica and magnesium it can lead to early degenerative changes in the bones. Homeopathic treatment aims at providing these minerals and arresting further damage to the bones. Homeopathic treatment can help to reduce the severity of symptoms and improve your range of motion.
- People with endocrine disorders are prone to osteoarthritis. This includes hypothyroidism. You must immediately begin medications if you are diagnosed with thyroid conditions.
- In several cases, osteoporosis is genetic. One may inherit a tendency to develop bone deformities as he/she ages.
- X-ray after regular intervals helps the doctors to understand the condition of your bones and joints. This helps to prescribe exercises, medications and diet accordingly.
- Yoga helps to maintain joint flexibility and increase bone strength. It also helps to prevent stress and anxiety.
- A diet rich in protein and calcium helps to prevent degeneration and brittleness in bones. It is important to go out into the sun once in a while and soak up as much vitamin D as possible. This is a very healthy habit and contributes to the well-being of the entire skeletal systems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.