Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. C.Selva Kumar
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. C.Selva KumarYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor please give me some easy home tips that how should I clear all my pimples an black spots in homemade.
I am 35 years old lady. My hair is very thin and a bit curly type with very broad forehead. Previously my face looked like oval but now it looks like square. How can I increase growth of my hair through home made recipes and what kind of hair style should I make while going out? I have no dandruff issue and I shampoo twice a week. Should I use hair oil regularly? Please suggest which all products I should use, are available in India.
Hi I am 24 years. Sir I can see hair from my 2 sides of fore head start to fall and it looks like a narrow delta like structure. My hair is thin and is not so dense on the scalp. So please sir suggest me the best advice. Home remedies will be better.
Here we will discuss about acne and exactly what is the food for treating it.
What is Acne?
Actually Acne is characterised by the disorder of hormone and other substances on the skin’s oil glands (sebaceous glands) and hair follicles. Sebum is secreted by these glands which lubricate the hair and skin.
Acne causes when oil and dead skin cells plug the pores. Acne usually occur on the face, neck, back, chest, and shoulders.
The exact cause of acne is not clear, but our researches show that it’s due to an increase in hormones called androgens (male sex hormones). These increase in both boys and girls during puberty and cause the sebaceous glands to enlarge secreting more sebum. Pregnancy or starting or stopping birth control pills can also cause acne.
Another factor is heredity or genetics. Some drugs like androgens and lithium can cause acne. Greasy cosmetics may disturb the cells of the follicles and make them stick together and close the pore leads to cause acne.
How can cure acne through foods?
Dark Green Leafy Vegetables:- It includes spinach, kale, broccoli, are high in manganese, which is needed for collagen formation in the skin cells, keeping your skin nourished and not dried out. Manganese also supports mineral transport and absorption which keeps your skin healthy. Dark leafy greens are also abundant in Vitamin A, which is great for clearing up acne and promoting skin repair.
Fruits:- Vitamin A is very good for skin health, repairing and maintaining skin cells and keeping skin moist and supple So lacking of vitamin A may leads dry and flaky skin, Also rich in antioxidants which protect from free-radicals. found abundantly in yellow colours fruits like mango, papaya, etc.
Nuts:- Nuts are one of the best for complexion Containing abundant in vitamin E, another great vitamin for limiting sun damage and signs of aging. Almonds provide lots of this vitamin, which also protect from fine lines and wrinkle.
Fish:- Fish such as salmon sardines are very high in Omega-3 fatty acids, and it has been known that foods rich in Omega-3 fatty acids are good for the skin, reducing the appearance of wrinkles, increasing the thickness of skin and making it softer, smoother and more moist. Having enough Omega-3 fatty acids in your diet may also decrease your skin’s sensitivity to the sun’s UV rays, and fatty fish is a wonderful way to get plenty of these nutrients into your body.
Dark chocolates:- chocolate is the best source responsible for glowing up of acne. Chocolates are rich in antioxidants and flavonols, and are also responsible for improving skin’s texture, smoothness, and elasticity as well as also plays an important role in hydrating your skin.
Among one of the most common skin conditions that affect many people all over the world is Acne. It is not a harmful or a dangerous condition, but is usually a cosmetic problem and may also sometimes be a symptom of underlying conditions.
What is acne and what are its causes?
Human skin has follicles or pores in them through which hair comes out. The accumulation of a substance known as sebum within the pores of the human skin can sometimes clog these pores. When this accumulates, dead skin cells also get stuck in it and results in a swelling, which takes the form of a pimple like a crest due to bacterial infections. This condition is most prevalent among adolescents due to rapid hormonal changes in the body, although many adults and pre-adolescents have also reported this problem. Here are some common issues and lifestyle factors which make you prone to acne.
1. Hormonal imbalances – This is probably the most common reason cited for acne as adolescents tend to be afflicted by this problem. In many cases acne goes away on its own after sometimes although in other cases it does stay. In adults, especially women it has been noticed that certain hormonal changes in the body may act as acne triggers. Some of the examples of hormonal imbalances may be:
- PMS or period related triggers in adults and adolescent women
- High testosterone levels in women
- Excessive androgen in men and women
- Hormonal problems due to polycystic ovary syndrome and others
- Taking medicines or steroids that may cause hormonal changes
2. External factors such as using too much makeup – Excessive use of cosmetic products can cause issues within the skin by blocking the pores within the skin may induce acne, even if you do not have sebum related problems.
3. Diet – Research has proved that excessive oil consumption as well as having foods rich in fat can cause acne problems. Moreover, if you consume iodine in large quantities or for a long time, it results in irritation of the skin pores giving rise to acne.
4. Certain medications and drugs - Consumption of specific over the counter medicines like the ones containing bromide and use of recreational drugs like marijuana and cocaine can lead to the occurrence of acne as side effects.
5. Genetics - Certain genetic factors may also be responsible for someone being more prone to acne than others.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.