Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. C.S.Mani
Submit a review for Dr. C.S.ManiYour feedback matters!
As you will find in my details I hv Enlarged Prostate for few years. I do not hv problem in urinating. I go for urine abt 2 to 3 times in night and two times in day. My creatinine is 1.0 Urea is 34 Uric Acid is 4.6. Couple of months back got PSA done as 2.5. I do get RFT and PSA done every three months and the same remained normal. May I presume that for any possibility of Cancer I need not to worry or should go for any test further. Moreover what else medicine you suggest as I only take Dutas T daily in the night. I hv some gastric problem which I believe may be due to so many medicines for heart etc I am taking. Is it so. Shall be obliged for your valued advise.
She is having a lump in her left Breast from last 2 years though there is no pain but she was afraid to tell her parents so what she do. And is this is serious?
Can disease like Diabetes. Cancer survive in an Alkaline body? What can be done to make your body Alkaline?
Hi I want to know the symptoms of the cancer please let me know quickly please. Am suffering from cogh from 3 months. Hey please let me know what the problem.
I am 22 years old I have lump kind of thing in my right armpit nd also I usually feel severe pain in my right breast nd sometimes in left too. My left breast is little small in size compared to right one. Wat is the prob actually?
Hi, My father got infected with Oral cancer. The biopsy report says Squamous carcinoma grade 2. What will be treatment now?
Uterine cancer is often treated with a combination of treatments. The recommendation of treatment option depends on the factors such as stage and type of cancer, age, the overall health of the patient, side effects, personal preference etc. Another important consideration that goes before taking a call on the treatment option includes the research on the patient’s ability to bear a child in future. But, overall, the treatment plan includes surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormone therapy etc.
Surgery is often the first step towards removing the tumor and a few healthy tissues around it. Some of the common surgical procedure include hysterectomy, lymph node dissection, and sentinel lymph node biopsy.
- Hysterectomy: The extent of the cancer spread decides the type of procedure a surgeon can perform. Hysterectomy is the removal of the cervix and the uterus. For patients whose cancer has spread significantly, a surgeon performs a radical hysterectomy- removal of the vagina, cervix, uterus and some healthy tissues from the nearby region. For patients who have had menopause in their health history, doctors choose to perform a procedure known as the salpingo-oophorectomy. This involves the removal of both the ovaries and the fallopian tube.
- Lymph node dissection: This is quite similar to hysterectomy. The surgeon might remove the lymph nodes to ensure that cancer doesn’t spread beyond the uterus.
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy: This is another process to determine whether cancer has spread to the lymph nodes and the surrounding areas. This procedure is effective in determining other cancers type as well such as cancer-related to the breasts.
- Radiation Therapy: This is a kind of therapy that involves the use of high-energy rays that could destroy cancer cells. Radiation is given at a fixed dosage over a limited number of days. This method of treatment is typically used in addition to a surgery. In most cases, a surgery followed by radiation therapy helps a patient to fight cancer more effectively. Many oncologists might also want a patient to take radiation therapy to shrink the size of a tumor before going for a surgery. The most common radiation therapy is external beam radiation therapy.
- Chemotherapy: This procedure involves the use of powerful drugs to destroy cancer cells. There are claims that it effectively reduces the ability of the cancer cells to grow and spread. Chemotherapy is usually suggested after a surgery or can be individually applied to a cancer patient. Chemotherapy can be applied in orally or in the form of IV. The period of chemotherapy like radiotherapy is applicable for a specified amount of cycle over a limited number of days. This form of treatment is most preferred when cancer recurs in a patient after a considerable amount of time. They are equally effective in uterine cancer as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Oncologist.