Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. C R RaviYour feedback matters!
My Mother age 75 has been detected breast cancer as per biopsy and was operated and removed left breast and sent for testing. Report says its a pT2 with grade 2. Er is positive 60% Pr is positive 1% and Her is negative. What does this mean. Will she over come it. What are the survival rates without chemo.
I am 66 years male with problem of involuntary leakage of urine during sleep at night. I have Diabetes which is controlled. I do not have any prostrate problem. Please suggest a medication to control my above problem.
I am 69y (male) Its found in the scan there's Grade 111 prostatomegaly and Cystitis changes in my rt. Kidney. How to rectify the prostate problem?
Dear Doctor, I was having enlarged prostate. Stream of urine was very thin and urine was leaking out even before preparing for urination. I underwent TURP surgery on 15.02. 2016 where about 70-80 ml of prostate was removed and remaining prostate size as per ultrasound is 62 cc. After two months of surgery, the stream again become thin. I consulted R. G. Stone. After taking special x-ray, it was told that there is urethral stricture. I again went to SGRH, where dilation was performed on 15.04. 2016. At that time flow became normal. Now again stream is becoming thin. I am on antibiotics for the last three months. Doctor at SGRH as also R. G. Stone advised 2nd surgery. I am not in a position to undergo 2nd surgery. Kindly advise whether any treatment is available in homeopathy. If yes, kindly guide me in this respect. Thanks and regards,
Hai, my mother is currently suffering from breast cancer where under several test .Today she got confirmed on additional of tuberculosis when a surgery was performed at her neck side.Can i know what after this,what wud be my mother's upcomming treatment.?
My father is 72 years old, he is suffering from prostate problem, we are planning for surgery turp or help, doctor advised for urine culture in that we have infection so doctor gave us amikacin 750 mg injection and forisol powder for 1 week, after medication we repeated the test then again infection came, but all antibiotics are shown resistant, what should I do now, but my father does not have any symptom of urine pain or fever, pls suggest me.
I am suffering from vomiting tendency. With very weakness. & I have a pain on my breasts. My blood pressure is 100/60. I did unprotected sexual intercourse with my husband on 24th March. & my menstrual cycle had started by 14th Feb & finished by 17 Feb. Is it possible that I have conceived?
My aunty has final stage of tongue and neck cancer, and she had a wound at neck and its looking like hole, from that hole sometimes its releasing white discharge and sometimes its releasing bleeding. Day by day that hole is little bigger. Is it possible to recover that hole? Is it possible to recover the skin over the hole? And how to control that wound without becoming bigger. Please suggest me. Thank u.
In this article you will get to know how Dr. R k aggarwal lets us to know how we can examine our health and also by doing that know the real reason behind many diseases.
Dr R. K. Aggarwal says we should treat our self as human not a machine. For example if we have problem in a part of body we should not cut it out but treat it; all these things we do with our body is not good for our health and body.
One further step in good home oral care is regular self -examination for oral cancer. We have already mentioned that any sore that has been in the mouth for more than a week should be brought to a dentists attention at once. The chances are good that it will prove not to be malignant, but we are better able than ever to diagnose and treat precancerous conditions, and early detection is of the greatest importance.
You can play a major part in preventing oral cancer or catching it while it can be readily treated and cured if you take the time to examine the mouth regularly for any signs of disease.
Now all scientists and doctors know and suggest not following allopath. A revolution is happening but for that to reach us could take 30-50 years; which I am helping in getting people knowing that and treat themselves with various diseases.
First we should know the reason of the disease not go for the operation treatment. It never helps it comes out any way or another.
Dr. R K Aggarwal says we are here to help you get rid of dependence of yours on allopath medicines.
Watch the below video – Dr. R k aggarwal
The reason behind any disease is when bacteria, germs, tocsins and viruses collect in our body it causes diseases. This video also features some talk about tumour, fibroid, tumour cyst, ulcerative colitis and many other problems of our body.
Watch the video for further information about various diseases that are caused because of bacteria, germs, tocsins and viruses also how to treat it through bowel cleanse.
Ssohm want people to understand that it’s never too late start cleansing your body which not only cure diseases like tumor, fibroid, tumor cyst, ulcerative colitis but also rescue your life from various other harmful and dangerous diseases forever.
My father had a laser holmeum surgery for Prostate problem and he contracted an UTI infection from the catheter. This infection was detected to be Pseudomonas Aeruginosa and my father had already taken Niftran 100 mg twice daily for 3 months. The recent urine culture showed that Niftran is now resistant along with many other antibiotics and his infection is still active. The pus cells were 25 to 30 in the routine microscopy. The only sensitive antibiotic was Colistin. Our doctor is advising to wait for few more days as he is asymptomatic. He is also diabetic from the last 11 years. Please suggest.
Cancer is an uncontrolled proliferation of transformed cells in any part of the body. Neoplasm or tumor are used variably to describe any swelling or new growth. Benign growths don't have the potential to spread to other organs or parts of the body while malignancy or malignant growths have uncontrolled proliferation and metastatic potential. Transformation is a multistep process with genetic alterations by which normal cells acquire malignant potential, uncontrolled proliferation capacity and capacity to spread to other parts of the body (metastasis) worldwide cancer is responsible for 1 in 8 deaths. Most common cancers are:
Men: oral cancer (in India), prostate, lung
Women: breast, cervix and endometrium, colorectal, lung
What causes cancer? cancer is usually multifactorial
1. Age- more in age group greater than 60 yrs compared to younger age group
2. Obesity- body mass index greater than 30
3. Tobacco - cigarette, cigar, bidi, hookah, smokeless tobacco like gutka, zarda etc. There is no safe form of tobacco.
4. Pan masala and supari
6. Ultraviolet rays exposure
7. Radiation exposure
8. Genetic factors
9. Others- pollution, certain chemicals, infections
Prevention of cancer:
1. Stay away from tobacco products
2. Eat healthy and daily physical activity- fresh fruits and vegetable are good, maintain optimal body weight
3. Be safe in sun
4. Cancer awareness and early detection: alarming signs are (caution)-
- Change in bowel or bladder habits
- A sore that will not heal
- Unusual discharge or bleeding
- Thickening or lump in the breast, testicles or elsewhere
- Indigestion or difficulty swallowing
- Obvious change in a wart or mole
- A nagging cough or hoarseness
5. Cancer screening: screening is for healthy individuals with education. Rather than going for unnecessary blind tests, a programme for screening should be planned in consultation with your oncologist as requirements are different for different cancers and differ as per age groups and gender. Also, screening is not effective in all cancers. Cancer education and awareness have due importance. Some cancers in which screening has been shown to be effective includes breast, colon, rectum, cervix, prostate, lung in high-risk groups but as mentioned earlier it is planned with participation of both individual and oncologist.
Types of cancer treatment:
Cancer treatment is now a multidisciplinary management in which different surgical, medical and radiation oncologist plan treatment protocol for best possible chances of cure. Advancement in all these fields and their contribution in comprehensive management results in 25-30% improvement in cure rate over previous decades.
- Surgery: involves surgical principles to remove the tumor with adequate margins and possible draining lymph nodes regions. Improvements and understanding of surgical principles even make resection of distant disease or cure of stage iv disease in some selected cases.
- Chemotherapy: cytotoxic drugs are given either in injectable or oral forms which acts on uncontrolled cancer cells. Advances in this fields result in drugs with better efficacy and less side effect profile and at the same time resulting in better cancer control. Targetted therapy acts on specific pathways of cancer growth. Hormone therapy targets specific hormone receptors for controlling cancer.
- Radiation therapy: is the delivery of radiation generated by radioactive source over the region of cancer. More and more advances in radiation technologists are emerging like imrt, sbrt to focus radiation over the specific location so as to avoid toxic effect over surrounding area.
My wife has a lump in her right breast since birth of our child and it feels no pain when it is touched. Also it seems no increase or decrease in size. What to do sir.
My mother is suffering from fallopian tube cancer (1st Stage) what is the proper treatment for this? Is it possible to properly come back in normal life with out any side effects?
Breast cancer is a type of a cancerous infection that develops in the skin cells of the breast. This condition is more commonly diagnosed after you have skin cancer and is more common in women than men. There are certain signs to identify this disease, which are as follows.
1. Breast lumps - Lumps are patches of skin that occur due to the thickening and swelling of the skin. Breast lumps is a very common phenomenon for women but that does not always lead to a breast cancer; however, frequent and reoccurring instances of the same increases the risk of breast cancer. A breast lump is easily identifiable through the naked eye as it looks different from the surrounding tissues.
2. Blood discharges - The nipple is one of the most sensitive areas in the human body. In case of women, it is meant to emit milk during pregnancy, in order to feed the infant externally. A probable symptom of breast cancer can also be a frequent discharge of blood from the nipple without any visible damage or injury.
3. Breast changes - If you are experiencing any visible changes in the size, appearance or shape of the breast, then it is an indicative sign that you may have breast cancer. Thus, it is of paramount importance that you observe, touch and physically examine your breast regularly for changes. If there is any major change detected then it is advisable to consult a doctor.
4. Inverted nipple - The tip of the nipple is generally bulging and pointing outwards both in cases of men and women. But sometimes the tip of the nipple is pushed inside due to excessive suction caused by the skin tissues present inside the breast around the nipple area. This suction forces the nipple to grow inwards which is abnormal and might harm the breast and skin in various ways.
However, apart from these main symptoms, some other signs are also there that increase your chances of being diagnosed with breast cancer. They are redness or pitting of the skin over your breast like an orange, peeling or scaling of the pigmented area around the nipple, dimpling of the skin on the breasts, and such others.
Related Tip: Can Ayurveda Really Treat Cancer? Find Out.