Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. C. M. Thiagarajan
Treatment of Kidney Disease
Kidney Dialysis Treatment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Treatment of Kidney Failure
Treatment of Polycystic Kidney Disease
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. C. M. ThiagarajanYour feedback matters!
During urination, the flow stops and I feel like I need to urinate more, but I am not able to. After sometime some drops of urine flow out.
From some days I need to apply some pressure to urinate in the last Starting is normal no itching nothing. Please advise
I recently got tested and The pus cells count in my urine test came out to be 5-7 WBC/HPF. I'm on medication as I have PCOS since last month. I'm also taking medicine for thyroid. Please suggest me what does 5-7 wbc/hpf indicate? I've no pains in passing urine.
Kidney test result Less Blood Urea nitrogen 7.24 (normal 7.9-20) Less Calcium 8.4 (normal 8.8-10.6) liver test result Serum Globulin 3.42 (normal 2.5-3.4) She is on Sodium Valporate 200+200, Escitalopram 10 mg and Quetiapine-100 mg Please suggest.
Hi sir, I have a problem of slow passing urine because of veins weak. please help me Because I also getting weak in sex by veins.
My urine report is correct or not pls ans. All if any problem Physical Colour-paleyellow Appearance-clear Sediments-absent Reaction-acidic Specificgravity-Q.N.S Biochemical Sugar-nil Albumin-nil Microscopic Puscells-2~4 epithelial cells 0-1 RBC-Nil Crystal calcium oxalate-ab. Casts-ab.
Now a days I am having frequently urination problem so I want to know that is there any problem. Thanking you.
I feel like poking pin inside my penis pipe when I urinate. please tell me what can be done in this.
If you notice blood while urinating, you must consult a urologist to get a clear picture of the health issue. Blood in urine is known as hematuria in medical terms. Such a condition can occur in both men and women. It is a common condition and does not require the patient to panic. Rather immediate tests should be conducted to find out the cause of the blood and treated accordingly. Such conditions are very much treatable with a little care and vigilance following of the doctor’s advice. Here are some of the common causes of hematuria in individuals:
- Urine Infections: Urine infections are the common cause of blood in your urine. Most commonly these affect urinary bladder and rarely kidneys also. Prompt identification and treatment can easily revert this problem.
- Urinary Stones: Another major cause of hematuria, usually accompanied by pain in the abdomen.
- Enlarged Prostate: With an enlarged prostate, there can be blood flow with the urine. Rarely this may be a sign of cancer in the prostate.
- Exercise: This might come as a surprise for many of the fitness freaks. While exercises are needed for the body and rightly so; but exercises should be done in a certain limit. Heavy exercises, limitless and vigorous exercises can sometimes cause other health problems in the body. One such problem is the passing of blood in the urine.
- Medications: Quite interesting is the fact that long-term consumption of certain medicines might cause hematuria in individuals. Certain medicines like penicillin and aspirin are absorbed by the body to a certain extent. But overdose or the regular dosage might lead to further problems in the human body.
- Kidney Injury: A kidney injury is a form of internal injury which can be felt and manifested through signs and symptoms. Such injuries occur mostly to those who are in the field of sports. At times, a heavy punch, a hard training session, or an exhaustive fall might lead to kidney injuries. This, in turn, would cause hematuria.
- Tumors of Urinary Tract: Bleeding can occur from tumors arising from kidney, ureter, urinary bladder as well as urethra. These require timely detection and management. Early treatment leads to an excellent long-term outcome.
Thus, these are some of the common reasons for the development of blood in urine. However, it is a condition which can be best analyzed by the medical practitioner. Therefore, on the occasion of blood, you must get it tested and treated immediately.