Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. C.Arumugasamy
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. C.ArumugasamyYour feedback matters!
Hey I have a one year old burn mark in my leg. Can you suggest any cream to remove it. The burn was due to bike silencer.
Red bright blood in my stool. Try very hard to pass stool. It feels like almost closed opening and also pains while coming out. The shape is very thin like a size of small finger. Color is normal deep yellow. Afterwards I feel as if my bowels are not clear. Stomach feels bloated. My face looks tired even after sleeping for 8 hours. Feels like their is too much air inside stomach. Always feel like passing gas.
Radiant, supple and youthful looking skin is everyone’s dream. However, due to pollution and incorrect nutrition habits, your skin tends to show signs of aging before it is supposed to.
To reverse the signs, you can avail certain daily habits, which will make your skin look radiant and keep it young for a long time:
- Hydrate inside out: It is crucial to drink water as it cleanses your skin from within and flushes out toxins, making it look radiant. Along with drinking enough water, you also need to use hydrating lotion and serums which moisturize and protect your skin from infections and bacteria.
- Increase your intake of Vitamin C: Many studies have proven that including more amount of vitamin C in your diet will help you keep your skin younger for long and keep aging signs such as fine lines and wrinkles at bay. Include more vitamin C rich food in your meals, such as citrus fruits, sprouts and bell peppers because they are crucial for the formation of collagen (building blocks of the skin) in your skin.
- Eat sorbitol rich fruits: A particular humectant (a substance that is used to retain moisture) called ‘sorbitol’ is responsible for adding sweetness to grapes, berries and plums. Including sorbitol rich fruits in your diet is a great solution as the humectant helps in absorbing and retaining moisture in your skin. The moisture content in your skin helps in keeping it radiant and youthful.
- Exfoliation is a must: Along with the basic skincare routine of cleansing, toning and moisturizing, you should also be exfoliating your skin. Exfoliation means removing a layer of dead skin and impurities by mild scrubbing. You can use a loofah or a pumice stone to exfoliate and get rid of the dead skin. Doing it once a week will ensure clean and clear skin which is free of impurities.
- Cut down on your dairy intake: Dairy products, including the organic ones, contain cow hormones, which stimulate the oil glands and pores in your skin; which is the main cause of acne and pimples. By cutting out dairy products, you can get an oil free, radiant skin. If you still feel the need to include dairy in your diet, opt for skimmed milk over full fat. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.
Respected Sir/mam I was very fair in colour but now sir/mam I am too black sir really I do not know its is tanning or what it is sir or mam please tell me the medicine please sir any lotion or medicine because I want to become fair again some say do this some say do this but nothing is working help!
Could you please recommend me some home remedy to lighten skin tone. I am suffering from dark skin tone .I want to lighten my skin tone.
Hi I'm a male or boy which kind or which type of fruits is good for the skin and keep our skin healthy and glowing and give fairer skin which fruits should we eat to keep our skin healthy and get glowing fairer clear skin and good for our health please tel me plz.
Hello sir. I am 20 year old my face colour is black. On my face cheeks part and nose will be little white but on fore head it will be black. Which cream I should use to become white. Please say sir. I already asked many times but nobody given solution. Please say sir please.
The complexion of a person is determined by a pigment known as melanin. More the amount of melanin in a person, darker the complexion. The benefit of melanin is effective sun protection, and it prevents damage from sun exposure.
We have noticed people with dark (brown/black) spots that are darker than the surroundings skin. Commonly affected areas are the face, neck, hands, back, etc. These are melanin concentrated areas and become more visible in fair complexioned people. They are caused due to overproduction of melanin by the melanocytes, which are responsible for the production of melanin.
Now, what causes freckles is not clearly established, though the following are proposed.
- Exposure to sunlight: The cells responsible for melanin production absorb the sun and therefore produce excessive melanin. This is a natural defence mechanism of the skin.
- Ethnicity: Races with white skin are more likely to have freckles than races with darker skin.
- Weather: Some people tend to have freckles only in the summer with fairly clear skin during the winter.
- Genetics: If your parents or siblings have freckles, the chances of you having it are quite high.
- Tanning: Whether by natural means of greater exposure to the sun or artificially done if the salon, increases the chances of developing freckles.
Treatment: There are rumours stating that freckles are “angel kisses,” and “good night charms” and should not be removed as it would bring bad fortune. This is, however, not true and for purely cosmetic reasons, they need to be removed. The commonly affected age group (<30) also is cosmetically sensitive, and therefore the need to treat these.
Prevention is the best and the first solution. Whether by race, heredity, or lifestyle, if you are prone to develop freckles, ensure you are taking the necessary steps to avoid getting freckles in the first place. Avoid sun exposure without sun protection, avoid tanning, and you will be surprised how you can actually prevent freckles. Watch out for weather changes and avoid sun exposure. Reducing the amount of sun exposure can also help in keeping the freckles light, thereby not making too much of a cosmetic concern.
If prevention is not possible, some of the effective treatment measures include:
- Topical creams: These contain bleaching agents like Retin-A. One disadvantage though is that it acts on the entire skin and not just the freckles.
- Laser: A beam of the laser is used to get rid of the unwanted melanocytes which produce melanin. It also improves skin tone and colour.
- Cryotherapy: Liquid nitrogen is used to freeze the melanin-producing cells, thereby removing freckles.
After treating freckles, preventing freckle formation with limiting sun exposure and sun protection is extremely essential.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The red, itchy rash on your scalp or body with dandruff-like flakes is actually caused due to seborrheic dermatitis. This skin disease’s resemblance the symptoms of dandruff, eczema, psoriasis or a skin allergy, that seborrheic dermatitis often goes undiagnosed. This is actually bad for your health, as the seborrheic dermatitis patches keep reappearing and get larger. Ayurveda and nature have solutions how to tackle this skin scourge and keep them controlled.
Seborrhea can occur on any part of your body as well as your scalp. It’s symptoms are yellowish flakes and oily scales along with reddened skin. This disease usually occurs on oily areas of your body, such as the face, side of the nose, upper chest and back. The affected skin also looks swollen and greasy. Since seborrheic dermatitis tends to occur in areas of heavy sebum or oil production, studies show that oily skin can be the cause of the disease. Other causes are yeast infection of the skin, and any disease that reduces your immunity like AIDS, or a condition that affects the nervous system like Parkinson’s disease.
Allopathic treatments for the disease are many and they do work, especially if your seborrheic dermatitis is mild. Doctors usually prescribe antifungal creams or medicated shampoos like ketoconazole, selenium sulfide, coal tar, and zinc pyrithione. These do control the symptoms for a while, but the symptoms tend to be back with a change of season. In more severe cases, you may also have to ingest corticosteroid medication to calm the inflammation that occurs due to this skin infection.
This usually prevents a flare-up. Ayurveda is the only therapy that treats seborrheic dermatitis from its roots. Seborrheic dermatitis is a disease that occurs due to the increase in Kapha and Vayu doshas inside your body and is known as Darunak in Ayurveda. Hence, Ayurvedic physicians recommend that you should avoid cold and dry weather, and certain foods to reduce the effects of these two doshas. Avoid too much salt, sour, cold items, curds, eggs and eat more bitter veggies. Oil treatments are very effective and so are certain panchakarma procedures like Abhyangam, Murdha thaila, Virechan, Nasyam are recommended under supervision. Marichyadi tailam is highly recommended for external application on the skin regularly.
Ayurveda also highly recommends the following herbs for controlling seborrheic dermatitis:
- Amla: An anti-oxidant that raises immunity levels to stop flare-ups of seborrheic dermatitis.
- Giloy: A herb that heals inflammation, due to increased pitta levels in your body.
- Neem: This calms pitta. Wash the area affected by skin infection with neem infused water.
- Daru Harida: Another powerful healing herb that calms pitta.
- Mulethi: This regulates hormonal levels and prevents flare-ups.
Prevention is better than cure. Boost your body immunity by having healthy food and regular exercise. Hygiene and regular bath are equally important, to do wonders in keeping such skin infections at bay.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!