Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. C.ArumugasamyYour feedback matters!
Why my nose has plenty dark heads and my cheeks have black scar and I am age of 18 years .Please give me a solution for my problem.
Hello, actually I have dark spots on my face, I want a clear skin, so is Aloe vera gel useful for removing dark patches from d face? If not den please suggest some helpful remedy to get a spotless skin. Thank you.
I am 27 year old lady my skin colour is decreasing day by day please advice something which works soon.
I am 56 years old, My face has become very dull lots of fine lines has grown, lines noticing more in these 2 years. Please advise.
Last year I have pimples on my skin. But though it has been cured now. But the dark spots are still there due to hyper pigmentation. I have applied various ointments but the net result is zero. Please sir suggest me something which will be effective for me.
My skin is always dry I used some ayurvedic products but its not effected I need some effective medicine to cure my skin.
I have lump in my both breast, I did FNAC and ultrasound of my both breast. Doctor told me its fibroadenoma, she suggested for surgery. Is any other way can its removed.
Hello, I want to whiten my underarms. I use razor and hair removal cream. I am afraid of underarms waxing because I tried once and it was really painful as it caused little bleeding. Can you please provide me any good product, option or any home remedies? Thank you.
Hello. I am a boy of 16 years. And there are many blackheads on my cheeks, nose little bit on head. On cheeks blacks are little bigger than other parts. The are outward. It seems very baad on my face. please suggest me fastest remedies.
I am 20 years old and I have very bad undereye dark circles and wrinkles. When I smile fine lines are visible under my eyes. I started noticing them at the age of 15. I can't figure out if they are due to hereditary or any other reason. Please suggest me creams or anything which could reduce them.
I have seen my face skin pores get open day by day , the blackheads on my nose looks dull and I have pimples problem too. How can I get out from it ?
My face had become black due to sun rays so how should I remove my sun tan from my face to become fair. Plez advice me for best medicine or natural treatment.
A number of patients who have undergone gastric bypass surgery face hair loss and skin problems after surgery. The symptoms occur due to deficiencies in Vitamins B12 and D, the depletion in iron and zinc levels, as well as the low levels of some essential proteins associated with gastric bypass. These are all essential elements for skin health and the healthy growth of hair and nails.
IN my clinic, many patients are visiting with complaints of loss of hair and various dermal symptoms including abnormalities in skin and nails, sudden darkening of complexion (whole body), melasma, sunken cheeks, eyes & depressed temples due to lack of proteins and fats. Such patients fair extremely well with correction of deficiencies and dermal fillers like JUVEDERM VOLUMA & JUVEDERM ULTRA PLUS done to restore the lost volume.
My skin is getting totally dry upon my forehead area and sometimes I could see my face is getting discolored and lot of grey hair appearing abruptly. May I get a solution for this. Thank you.
What should I do if I frequently get heat boils? Will home remedies be sufficient? Or should I visit a Doctor and consult?
Hyperpigmentation is a medical condition which occurs when an area of the skin becomes much darker in comparison to the rest of the skin tone. This happens due to an excess of a pigment called melanin. Hyper-pigmentation is fairly common and many people have reported this condition at some point in their lives.
Types of Hyperpigmentation
1. Lentigines or Freckled Skin: They are mainly freckles which arise on the skin.
2. Solar Lentigines: Although these are known as age spots, sun spots and liver spots they are caused primarily due to prolonged exposure to the sun.
3. Melasma: This condition mostly seen in pregnant women and is caused due to hormonal changes during pregnancy. Melasma typically manifests as pigmented and patchy areas of discoloration on the face except the eye area.
What causes hyperpigmentation?
- Hyper pigmentation can be hereditary i.e. passed on to children from parents
- Prolonged exposure to sun.
- Picking and poking at the skin can also cause hyper pigmentation.
- Medications such as hormone treatments, antibiotics and anti-seizure drugs may result in it as an unwanted side effect.
- Skin injuries due to bad forms of acne vulgaris and inflammation.
How Homeopathy Works on Hyperpigmentation?
Homoeopathy considers blemishes or pigmentation as a local expression of a systemic / internal disturbance. Homeopathy believes that skin disorders are a reflection of an internal imbalance and to be treated from within. The homeopathic medicines are selected after a full individualizing examination and case-analysis, which includes the medical history of the patient, physical and mental constitution, genetic predisposition and so on. While choosing homeopathic remedies the cause of pigmentation is evaluated, for example, mental stress, hormonal imbalances, sun exposure, nutritional deficiency, poor immune system and so on.
Homeopathic treatment, which gets to the root of the problem will reinforce the immune system and gradually restore the pigmented spots to the normal skin color. Homeopathic medicines restore the hormonal imbalance and control the excessive production of melanin. Homeopathy will not inhibit the natural process of the skin's melanin production. It will act on melanocytes to produce less melanin naturally thus strengthening the skin cells to stay healthy and remove excessive melanin in the skin. This improves the quality (texture) of skin, blemishes disappear and further discoloration of skin stops.
For fast recovery and to maintain the skin texture and glow homeopaths also use external creams which are purely prepared by homeopathic Mother tincture and low potency’s and are very safe and without any side effects.
Homeopathy medicines cure pigmentation from the root cause and assuring the patient of not facing the similar problem in future. Some of the common homeopathic medicines for treating pigmentation are:
- Medicines like Lycopodium Clavatum can be consumed if you experience grayish-yellow discolored face with blue circles around the eyes. It can also cure brown spots on the nose and face.
- Sepia offincinalis can treat chloasma (Yellow spots on the face and a yellow mark across the upper region of the nose and cheeks). This medicine also treats ailments during pregnancy and is best suited for patients who have dark hair.
- Thuja occidentalis should be consumed to treat dry skin with uneven brown spots. People who have waxy faces with dark under eyes should consume this medicine.
- Argenticum nitricum can also be consumed if your face looks pale, old and bluish. It is best suited for people who have tense, hard and brown skin with irregular brown blotches.
- Cadmium sulphuratum can treat yellow stains on the cheeks and nose. This usually worsens due to prolonged exposure to the wind and sun.
- Copaiva offincinalis reduces brown lenticular spots. These spots give a mottled appearance and can itch at times.
- Caulophyllum thalictroides can be consumed by women who experience discoloration of the skin due to uterine and menstrual disorders.
- Plumbum melallicum usually treat liver spots, hyper pigmentation and reduces the oil content of the face.
These remedies treat discoloration of the face along with liver spots, brown spots and excess oil formation of the face which is accompanied by hyperpigmentation.
However, the correct choice and the resulting relief is a matter of experience and right judgment on the part of the homeopathy doctor. The treatment is decided after thorough case taking of the patient. Thus homeopathic remedies of pigmentation are tailor-made and should be taken after consulting a specialized homeopath.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.