Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bellarmine
Submit a review for Dr. BellarmineYour feedback matters!
Nasopharynx cancer is a very unusual type of cancer. In this medical condition, cancer cells affect the nasopharynx region, which is the uppermost part of your pharynx. The cells start growing from the upper region of the throat and can spread up to your head. Nasopharynx is a very important passage of your body placed right behind your nose, which connects your nose to your mouth and allows you to breathe. Thus, if this crucial region gets affected by the growth of cancer cells, severe difficulties and health problems may crop up.
The most common symptoms of nasopharynx cancer are mentioned below:
Nasopharynx cancer cause serious problems to the ear-nose-throat region. Ayurveda offers effective remedies for treating nasopharynx cancer. A few of the remedies are mentioned below:
- Exclude salt in your diet and also avoid sea fishes or fishes containing salt.
- Practice good hygiene, since, nasopharynx cancer is primarily caused due to virus infections, practicing healthy habits like washing hands before and after food can prove to be helpful.
- Avoid smoking and drinking as it smoking and alcohol consumption will only worsen your condition.
- Certain breathing exercises may help you to cope up with the problem better.
- Panchakarma therapy which helps to clean your body from harmful toxins which may prove to be helpful.
- Also many Ayurvedic herbs and essential oils can effectively treat nasopharynx cancer.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My sister is 63 age she is going under treatment for colon cancer N she had Radiation N cemo therapy so still she Got some infection doctor advice her BUVALOR PATCH 10 mg N they pasted On her shoulder my Question is how It works PL Advice me.
treatment and medicine for enlarged prostrate causing complete urine blockage or partial urine flow blockage
Dear doctor My age is 23 years married l am suffering breast pain from 10 days .So what's the reason for it and solutions.
Hi Doctor. I am breast pain. Right breast. I did a UV scan and nothing was detected. But I could feel a moveable mass while doing self exam of my breast. I am having shoulder pain as well. Pain started in Jan but it went off after few months. Now again the pain started.
Cancer that originates in the bones of a human body is referred to as bone cancer. Any bone could come under the threat of this disease, but generally the longer bones of your body, so to say the bones of your limbs, are at a greater risk.
A few factors that might push you an inch closer to bone cancer are:
- Genes could jinx your health: A few typical genetic syndromes could increase a person's chances of contracting bone cancer. These syndromes could have been active in any person belonging to your lineage. One such syndrome is Li-Fraumeni.swelling
- Treatment for one kind of cancer can make you prone to some other kind: Radiation affects your bones adversely. A patient of breast cancer might be undergoing radiation therapy that further increases his or her risk of contracting bone cancer in future.
- Paget's disease can have unfavorable implications: Paget's disease is a disease that affects elderly people. This condition, if left untreated, can turn into bone cancer at a later stage.
Several symptoms of bone cancer can be found below:
- Sudden loss of weight: If you lose a considerable amount of weight in a few weeks time without having made any effort at all, you should probably be worried about the health of your bones. Bone cancer can result in sudden and unintentional weight loss.
- Unexpected bone fracture or breakage: Cancer of the bones is known to gnaw at the strength of your bones. Weakened and diseased bones can break or get fractured very easily. An unexpected fracture should not be overlooked so as to prevent chances of anything more harmful.
- Long spans of unyielding exhaustion: Constant fatigue and sleepiness might be hinting at a more serious underlying problem. The bones in your body hold you together; cancerous bone cells can make you feel exhausted without much exertion as your bones lose their inherent potency.
- Persistent pain in the bones: Excruciating cramps or pangs of stinging pain in a person's bones either continuously or at odd hours, could be indicative of bone cancer. Such instances require the advice and guidance of an experienced oncologist.
- Bone swelling: The area affected by bone cancer can grow big and tender or the bone itself can swell up.
I am 43 I had breast pain my gynecologist suggest that evion 400 mg tab for 2 months still there was breast and nipple pain in both breast again I went to gynecologist she suggested cap simrose 500 mg tab for only 10 days now after taking simrose tab I feel better please suggest whether I should continue simrose tsb for 1 month any harm is there continuing with simrose tab whether it will effect with my regular menstrual cycle pl give me correct and clear suggestions.
My grandmother just now detected 2nd stage cancer in uretus (bachhadani) she is 86 years old. Is it beneficial to treat it with chemotherapy or in this age any other treatment like naturopathy etc. She is doing well no diabetes but hypertensive please recommend.
Pulmonary diseases are some of the most commonly experienced health conditions all over the world. Millions of people suffer due to various causes including genetics, smoking, pollutants and infection. Now lungs are one of the most important and complex organs of the body. They are the apparatus through which oxygen enters and carbon dioxide gets expelled.
Lungs expand and contract on a constant basis to ensure that we can breathe properly. Let us find out more about lung or pulmonary diseases.
- Asthma: This is one of the most common and potentially fatal conditions that affect children and adults. It grips the airways formed by the bronchi which branch off into smaller tubes from the main trachea that holds them. This condition causes inflammation, and even spasms, which can lead to wheezing and breathlessness. The main triggers of asthma attacks include allergies, infections and pollutants that may escape into the airways.
- COPD: This is also known as Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder. It is an umbrella term used for various lung conditions that cause breathing difficulties due to an obstruction of the airways. Chronic bronchitis is one of the conditions that falls under COPD, and is usually characterised by persistent, hacking coughs.
- Cystic Fibrosis: This is another condition that affects the airways by causing poor passage of mucus from the bronchial tubes. This condition is a genetic one where the mucus that gathers eventually becomes a lung infection.
- Pneumonia: This is a condition that causes an infection in the alveoli, which are the tiny tubes that the airways branch into. These are air sacs that can catch myriad infections like pneumonia.
- Tuberculosis: This is also a kind of pneumonia, which is caused by bacteria called Mycobacterium Tuberculosis. This condition usually attacks the air sacs of the lungs and can be a potentially fatal disease if it is not treated on time. The patient will require immediate hospitalisation.
- Pulmonary Edema: This condition is caused by fluid leaks from the tiny blood vessels into the surrounding air sacs within the lungs. It can also be caused due to heart failure as well as back pressure which falls on the lungs. Direct injury to the lungs can also lead to this condition.
- Lung Cancer: This is a fatal disease which can be found in any part of the lungs. It has many forms and the type as well as the location usually determines the kind of treatment option that will be followed.
- Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome: When the lungs suffer a sudden injury which is usually caused by a bout of serious illness, it is called ARDS. Treatment involves the use of life support ventilation.
Adopt a healthy lifestyle to reduce your risk of getting this disease:
1. Regular exercise - at least 30 mins of exercise 4 times a week
2. Avoid smoking
3. Avoid alcohol consumption
4. Over-weight and obese individuals have a higher incidence of breast cancer. Maintain your weight in the normal range (bmi - 18-25)
8. If there is a family history of breast cancer, do consult your oncologist to discuss your risk of breast cancer. Also discuss the need to getting genetic testing.
Breast cancer can also be detected early. Remember these three simple tips:
1. Be breast aware - do regular self examinations
2. Clinical breast examination by an experienced breast surgeon after the age of 35 years (annually)
3. Regular mammograms after 40 years of age