Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Barnabas DurairajYour feedback matters!
I think I have toxic colon. I have the feeling of incomplete bowel movement. I have got liver spots and wrinkles on my back. Whether it is serious problem. And how toxic is my colon. Is there any way of measuring it.
My mother have gastric problem. We took advice's from other doctors but its not useful. She eats no. Of medicine but no rest. What will be your advice to do?
What is nerve disorder? Which diseases are related with nerve? Please describe me in details. I have many diseases all together. And I am totally confused that it may relate with my nerve. So, please help me out. I am 25. I had been suffering frequent urination since teenage (15-16 times a day). I left it untreated for a long. Now I have some serious issues. For the past 3 months, I had severe abdominal pain. I am unable to go anywhere. All day long sitting on a chair. I can not walk, can not lean forward or bend because of pain in my whole intestines. I used to lead a very unhealthy lifestyle. Wake up 10 am, breakfast 11 am, eat junk, spicy, oily food, sleep late night. No physical activity, just video game in PC. I am addicted to porn. So, I jerk off thrice a day, 3 days in a week. I also have nightfall, early ejaculation, semen leakage, back pain, low vision etc. I drink 3 litre water daily. I hold my urine and latrine a lot because of place. A carefree life for the past 4 years. Now I have to pay the price. Doctors diagnosed that I had Irritable Bowel Syndrome since 2 years because I had to go to potty twice before breakfast and 1 min after breakfast. My stool is of different in shape hard, jelly, liquid type. All my reports like ultrasound, x-ray, RBS, thyroid, BP, urine, stool is normal except a 4.9 mm right kidney stone. Does this paining? And I had a major issue with my urination in these 3 months at home. Because I have a strong urge to pee, but when I go to pee, it takes me 5-10 min to start. I have to force myself most of the time. Sometimes it gets stuck because of people. I am unable to pee in front of crowd. I need a lonely place where I pee easily. My flow is disturbed if anyone comes while I am peeing. I am shy because of my small penis. Suppose me and my friend go to pee. But my pee does not start in front of him. If he goes then it starts easily. Does all this relate with nerve? So, please help me.
I am 29 year old male having a problem of hyper acidity last for 3 years. I have taken treatment from allopathic and Ayurvedic. But I have not relief permanently from the disease. Now I am taking treatment from ayurvedic doctor last four months but I have some relief from the treatment but when I have missed taking the mediation in any day than the problem is stated on the same day. please suggest me what I do.
One of the most severe illnesses included in the larger group of diseases, is known as inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Crohn's disease is typically a long-lasting, chronic condition. The intestine or bowel, most commonly the colon and the lower part of the small intestine, are either marked by sores or get inflamed and ulcerated. It is a common occurrence in adolescents and in young adults.
Types : Crohn's disease is subdivided into five types, each having its own set of symptoms:
- Ileocolitis: The most common type, it affects the colon and the ileum and results in considerable weight loss as well as diarrhea and cramps.
- Gastroduodenal Crohn's disease: People who suffer from this type of disease have their stomach and duodenum affected and many experience symptoms like nausea, loss of appetite and weight loss.
- Crohn's Colitis: This involves only the stomach, and can cause joint pains, rectal bleeding, skin lesions and diarrheas.
- Ileitis: This type of Crohn's disease affects the ileum and the symptoms are identical to those of ileocolitis.
- Jejunoileitis: In this type, the jejunum gets affected and general symptoms include the formation of fistulas, diarrhea, intensive back pain as well as areas of inflammation.
Causes: Although there are many theories about what causes Crohn's disease, none of them have been proven. However, there have been a few possible causes which have been identified. These include:
- Immune system problems
- Genetic disorders
- Environmental factors, such as: a) Certain edibles, b) Viruses or harmful bacteria, c) Smoke.
Symptoms: The primary symptoms of Crohn's disease include the following:
- Diarrhea: Diarrhea is a common problem for people with Crohn's disease and can occur for about 10 to 20 times a day in severe cases.
- Blood in your stool: In rare cases, you might notice blood in the toilet bowl or darker blood mixed with your stool.
- Fever and fatigue: In more intense cases, you may develop a fever. You may also feel tired or have low energy.
- Abdominal pain and cramping: You may experience anything from slight discomfort to severe cramping and intermittent belly pain, including nausea and vomiting.
- Anemia: Due to a reduction in iron level caused by bloody stools a person can turn anemic.
- Reduced appetite and weight loss: Abdominal pain and cramping can affect both your appetite and your ability to digest food, which leads to severe weight loss.
- Perianal disease: Erratic appearance of small tears in the anus are called anal fissures.
How to increase digestion power? Mean if sometime I eat more than regular diet so my stomach doesn't digest it well ,so please guide me?
I have been thin all my life and I never take it seriously but this time I am serious about my weight gain. I am busy person and alwz on a hurry which even leads to abdominal ulcer though it has 4 years since then I still get stomach ache mostly acidity. Please help me out with this which would help me to gain weight and are easily prepared or eaten.
I have hyper acidity occasion, so got tests on consult of Doctor, ultrasound and stomach x-ray, ultra sound shows that all things are fine except it shows high gas and few bowel loops, x ray depicts that few bowel loops exist but without any air fluids, I have no other issue related to health, gas passes normally, stool is also alright, does its a matter of concern?
I am suffering from mouth ulcer for almost a month. Can anyone suggest me what appetite I must follow?
I am 39 years old Male. I have Acidity, allergic and anxiety problem, mostly travelling I felt sophocation. Doctors give me Immunace Tablet, Vintidox-M, Wokride, Inderal LA 40 and solapus MD Tablets/ Ezeepam 10. Kindly suggest me is it good for health. But still I feeling very tired and sleepy in day time.
I am 28yrs old male I am having acidity problem and used to take pump when I cant breathe easily what will be the remedies to relief completely from it?
There may be times when we get completely drained and fatigued and may feel like our insides could jump out because of the pain that we have in our stomachs. We may dismiss the issue as unimportant or due to a stressful day at work, and may think the stomach pain could be because of the extra spicy food we love to have every once in a while. However, a lot of people may tend to ignore this symptom and that is when stomach ache may turn out to be actually because of a peptic ulcer.
Peptic ulcer or stomach ulcer is a common occurrence and happens to a lot of people; however, it must be understood that not treating the problem in time may be troublesome in the long run and increase the recovery time. In order to be able to identify the peptic ulcers and to take the right treatment measures, it may be important for you to understand the problem and know how it is caused, and how it may be treated.
What causes peptic ulcers?
A peptic ulcer is diagnosed as inflammatory sores on the lining of the stomach or the food pipe, which transfers food to the stomach or even in the intestine. There are a number of factors that can cause inflammatory sores in the stomach region. The factors are as follows:
- The use of medicines that are meant to be painkillers or anti-inflammatory drugs. The acid levels of the stomach and the food pipe may get disturbed because of these medicines and may give rise to ulcers.
- In a lot of cases, the ulcers may also take place because of the presence of a tumour or a gastrinoma in the stomach that imbalance the levels of acid in the stomach.
- High alcohol consumption may also lead to the formation of sores on the stomach lining.
- Using tobacco or smoking are some other factors that contribute to the acid imbalance in the stomach.
- In the case of some serious illnesses, a lot of people may fall prey to peptic ulcers.
- Those who may have undergone radiation treatment around the stomach may also experience ulcers.
Though it may be known that excessive pain in the abdominal region may be due to stomach ulcers, it is important to understand that it happens due to bacterial infections, and when there is a bacterial infection in the body, you may have to undergo proper treatment. The treatment for this problem includes the use of medications as suggested by a qualified doctor, surgery in some severe cases, and most importantly lifestyle changes.