Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. BalajiYour feedback matters!
I'm in my 2 nd month of my pregnancy. From the beginning of second month itself I have severe ache from my knee to toe. I couldn't even sleep properly. Pls tell me what shall I do to overcome from pain. Apart from this I also need to know from which month of my pregnancy do I need to do exercise and walking.
Sir I have back pain in my back neck is so long time what is this resion of this pain please help me.
Hello doctors. My sister is 18 years of age and college going girl. She is suffering from joint pain and getting very lower in weight. She doesnt eat properly too. Nearly 8 kgs decreased with in a month. What type of food can increase her weight. And what type of medicine and exercise she should carry on. Waiting for a remedy.
I'm 34 years old female and too much pain in my right hand wrist last five days and have high dose pain relief tablets ie. Tramadol and cipzox but no relief in my pain. So please suggest me what can I do thanks.
My mom is suffering from leg pain which starts from hip to knee of left leg. Please refer some medication.
I have back pain and Even pain in my right leg. I masturbate every alternate day. Does masturbation cause pain. I even sleep facing my chest on the bed and leg upside down does it cause back pain or there is problem with my bed. Also I smoke 4 to 5 cigarette a day. I inhale it put do not take to lungs, does it cause anemia.
I am 25 years old male, I feel very tired and having cold for last 2 days. Some times I have joint pains too. Now I have itching in my legs also.
I am 35 years old msle, I am having upper back pain for last one month. I am a banker and work for longer hours on desktop.
I am 20 years old female and have backache for last one year. I have used pain relief ointment creams but haven't got any relief. What should I do now?
M I'll I need us help please help me I'm sifting fro back pain nd I need us help I take so many medicines but they ent help me and yeah I go too many doctors but they dnt help me I hope you will that will b ua most kindness upon me help me as soon as possible.
Sir, I have muscles pain in mt legs and 99 fever from approx 2 weeks and when done some tests typhoid comes normal but esr is 56 mm per hour. So what does it mean does this rise in esr and fever is due to pain or something else there are no symptoms except these. Age 19 years male. I am feeling like muscles are torn from inside. Please help.
I am 62 years old male, and suffering from lower back pain, since one year and getting severe pain in the legs just for 8 to 10 steps while walking, and the pain in the legs will disappear if I stop walking for about 2 to 3 minutes! then I am able to walk 10 more steps! what should I do? is there any remedy? please help me!
My eyes are paining daily. I removed my spectacles, what should I do please suggest me. And also my back is paining. Recently I joined a company and from morning to evening I have to sit and work in front of computer.
I am a 42 year male suffering from hypothyroidism since 2 years. Now I am taking 150 microgram thyroxin. At times I feel joint pain, speech trouble and back pain. Is there a cure for it or not. What would be the diet, precaution and measures to be taken.
An orthopaedic fracture is a serious issue that will require lots of care for the bones to heal and re-join. A broken bone is usually plastered so that the tissue may grow back together by fusing eventually, over a period of weeks. When these bones begin to rebuild in an effort to come together, the new bones are called soft callus. This will require lots of energy, which primarily comes from calories. This ensures that essential proteins like amino acids can be taken from the right type of food which would stimulate good blood flow.
So, let us take a look at the best diet that one can follow in order to recover from a fracture.
- Kale: Leafy green vegetables and herbs like kale can help in supplying good amount of protein and iron as well as calcium, which is highly important for good and strong bones. One can also find plenty of calcium in salmon and other kinds of sea food like sardines; consuming these can speed up the process. Sea vegetables like seaweed can also help in the process.
- Yogurt: Calcium can be supplied by various other kinds of food including yogurt, which has two kinds of amino acids. These amino acids are lysine and glutamine, which can assist the bones in swift calcium absorption for better recovery of the broken bones.
- Spinach: This is a very important ingredient in the bone healing process thanks to its dual elements of calcium and zinc, which come together to cause the appropriate chemical reaction for bone rebuilding. Other zinc heavy food items include pumpkin seeds and wheat germ as well as red meat.
- Broccoli: Ingredients like broccoli are rich in Vitamin K1, which is known to very good for the bone recovery process. This vitamin helps in mineralisation of the bone so that they may fuse with each other and form a new mass. One can have up to one cup of this green vegetable per day for a quick and effective fracture recovery process. Other ingredients like cheese and raw dairy products are known to have plenty of this vitamin as well.
- Green Bell Peppers: High on vitamin C which helps in producing the skin and tissue structuring element called collagen, green bell peppers are an excellent ingredient that can help you in your fracture healing process. Vitamin C can also be found in citrus fruits like oranges, strawberries as well as tomatoes.
- Milk: While milk has plenty of calcium, it also has another important ingredient called vitamin D. When calcium and vitamin D come together, the bones tend to heal much faster as vitamin D helps the bones in absorbing the calcium at a much high rate. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I sit eight hours in front of computer. From last two week I feel tightness in my neck and little with difficult to move. Little with pain in front of both side of head. I think I am suffering from stiff neck. Kindly suggest to cure and to whom I have to consult.
A common myth about back pain is that you need to rest and avoid activity for a long time. In fact, doctors do not recommend bed rest. If you have no sign of a serious cause for your back pain (such as loss of bowel or bladder control, weakness, weight loss, or fever), stay as active as possible.
Here are tips for how to handle back pain and activity:
1. Stop normal physical activity for only the first few days. This helps calm your symptoms and reduce swelling (inflammation) in the area of the pain.
2. Apply heat or ice to the painful area. Use ice for the first 48 to 72 hours, then use heat.
3. Take over-the-counter pain relievers such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen.
4. Sleep in a curled-up, fetal position with a pillow between your legs. If you usually sleep on your back, place a pillow or rolled towel under your knees to relieve pressure.
5. Do not do activities that involve heavy lifting or twisting of your back for the first 6 weeks after the pain.
6. Do not exercise in the days right after the pain begins. After 2 to 3 weeks, slowly begin to exercise again.
A physiotherapist can teach you which exercises are right for you.