Doctors in Sri Balaji Hospital
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Leg Pain
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Acidity
Treatment of Hand Pain
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Shoulder Pain
Treatment of Painful Teething
Treatment of Jaundice
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Stained Teeth
Treatment of Foot Pain
Treatment of Lower Back Pain
Treatment of Bone Fracture
Treatment of Arm Pain
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Submit a review for Sri Balaji HospitalYour feedback matters!
Can a person who is having diabetes and hypertension fast. Even though the person is under medication.
I am 61 and suffering from diabetes for over 20 yrs. My uric. Acid level is 6.9. What does it indicate?
I am 26 years old and I have pyorrhoea from 2 years. I have bleeding gums and gums’ roots are also damaged. Please suggest specific medicines for this problem.
Can anybody describe how there is so much difference in bp measurement with automatic machine and normal machine available with doctor my bp is 120/85 by automatic machine but with doctor it is 140/100 please suggest what to do.
I am suffering from dandruff and hair fall issues and it is leading to my hair thinning. Other than natural food what other vitamin supplements should I take for healthy and thick hair?
The common symptoms of sinusitis include nasal blocking, mucopurulent discharge and headache or facial pain. Acute sinusitis is a type of infection of the sinus. It involves an infection or inflammation of your sinus membranes. The most common symptom of sinusitis is that you have trouble draining mucus from your nose. The sinus is the cavity around the nasal passage and it may swell up when this condition occurs. Usually, the symptoms are temporary. However, sometimes, especially if you suffer from chronic sinusitis, medical intervention is required...
- Saline nasal spray: This is a spray you put into your nose several times a day to clean your nasal passages.
- Nasal corticosteroids: There are many types of nasal corticosteroids. They include fluticasone, budesonide, mometasone, beclomethsone. These nasal sprays not only help to treat inflammation, they help prevent to prevent inflammation as well.
- Aspirin: This is a type of OTC pain relievers and they help relieve the pain of acute sinusitis. Acetaminophen and ibuprofen are two other OTC pain relievers which can be used instead of aspirin.
- Antibiotics: Antibiotics are usually not required and should never be taken without the doctor's prescription. However, sometimes the doctor may recommend it if he thinks there is a bacterial infection or if the symptoms progress rapidly.
- Immunotherapy: Immunotherapy is given when allergies are the reason you are having acute sinusitis. It is rarely needed, however.
- Surgery: For sinusitis symptoms which are chronic or occur frequently, nasal surgery may be the best option for permanent relief. A number of different surgical procedures can be used to treat acute sinusitis such as balloon sinuplasty, endoscopic sinus surgery etc.
The stomach produces strong hydrochloric acid which plays a major role in the digestive process. This acid is contained within the stomach by the closing of a valve in the lower oesophagus. A higher-than-normal concentration of the acid is quite common and it could be due to various reasons that cause acidity, some common ones being obesity, eating large meals, certain acidic foods like citrus fruits, alcohol, smoking, pregnancy and aerated beverages.
The symptoms of acidity include heartburn, a bloated feeling in the stomach, burping, hiccups, nausea and weight loss. An important thing to notice is that acidity is not a disease, but a symptom of an underlying disease. Unless there are serious structural issues, most cases of acidity can be managed with dietary and lifestyle changes. Some of the best, yet simple and effective ways to deal with acidity are listed below.
- Habit of eating smaller, but frequent meals. Eating one large meal is one of the main causes of acidity. Eating smaller frequent meals gives the stomach time to digest the food and also avoid acidity.
- Avoid eating close to bedtime. When you go to bed with a stomach full of food, you are sure to end up with acidity. A minimum of 3 hours should lapse between the last meal and the bedtime. This gives sufficient time for the stomach to clear the contents.
- Sleep with the head of the bed slightly elevated. Raising the head of the bed ensures there is no regurgitation of food, thereby preventing acidity.
- Daytime nappers with acidity issues can try to sleep in a recliner or on a chair to prevent acidity attacks.
- Manage weight through weight loss measures including diet and exercise. Obesity is one of the main reasons for acidity, and managing weight can help control acidity.
- Smoking is a major cause of acidity. The negative pressure created during smoking helps regurgitation of acid, causing heartburn. Quitting smoking can help relieve long-term acidity symptoms.
- Alcohol is another substance that aggravates acidity, and reducing or quitting can help in relieving acidity.
- Baking soda, aloe juice, banana, chewing gum, mustard, almonds, and chamomile are some natural remedies to relieve acidity.
- Most people have certain foods which are the triggers for acidity. Identifying these and avoiding these can also be a good way to manage acidity.
- Acidity is a major concern during pregnancy. The bloated feeling is worsened by the acidity and the developing baby.
- Clothes which have tight belts or are tight around the waist can be another reason for acidity.
While acidity is a common issue, it also is something that can be easily managed. Try the above measures and see your heartburn reduce.
We live in a world where germs, pollution, dust and toxic substances co-exist. We inhale them every time as we breathe. Processed and packaged foods contain host of chemicals, trans fats, preservatives and artificial colours which increase harmful free radicals in our bodies. These free radicals are toxins and can cause a host of diseases. Our immune system is constantly working to eliminate these free radicals. Sweating is a natural way of eliminating toxins from the body. Toxins are also flushed out from our body through urine. However, a proper detoxifying diet and adequate exercise are a must to flush out these harmful elements from our bodies.
Detoxification is a process of eliminating free harmful free radicals in the body. An ideal process should be a combination of diet and exercise. The thumb rule of detoxification is to stay away from chemicals and be as natural as possible. The ayurvedic way is the best way. We have put together ten natural ways to detoxify and cleanse our body. Let’s have a look:
- Water: Drinking at least 8 to 10 glasses of water help in flushing out toxins from the body.
- Vegetable juices: Vegetable juice extracted from raw vegetables acts as a purifier for the body. Juice of tomato, beetroot, carrot, bottle gourd or cucumber is a great way to start the day.
- Sugarcane juice: Believe it or not, sugarcane juice is a natural detoxifier. Drink fresh sugarcane juice at least once a week for best results. Avoid adding salt or spice as it may interfere with detoxification process.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is an excellent cleanser for the body. Include citrus fruits like oranges, kiwis in your diet. Drinking plain lemon water also helps flush out toxins from the body. Fruits like papaya, water melon can flush out body toxins where as blue berries and strawberries are great antioxidants. Go ahead and try them!
- Green tea: Green tea is believed to be an excellent source of antioxidants. Sip green tea without sugar or additives to retain its natural properties.
- Sweat your toxins out: Adopt a form of exercise that induces sweat. Be it aerobics, brisk walk, a run or a dance on your favorite number. Sweating is a natural mechanism of the body to flush out impurities.
- Steam/sauna bath: Steam or Sauna baths can help eliminate toxins and leave you feeling fresh and light.
- Yoga: Yoga offers us valuable postures that help restore our body’s internal balance and aid in purification. Yoga must be adopted religiously and as a way of life to seek maximum benefits.
- Deep breathing: Every morning, devote 10 minutes for deep breathing. This is a great purification process for the body.
Adopt these natural ways and see the difference yourself!
Body dysmorphic disorder is a type of psychiatric disorder. It is when you cannot think about one or more defects or flaws in your appearance. These flaws are usually very minor and sometimes even unnoticeable. This is actually a much more serious disorder than many other people may think. This is because people with body dysmorphic disease may avoid many situations and also suffer from severe anxiety or shame. Here is everything you need to know about body dysmorphic disease.
Just like other psychiatric disorders, there is no known cause of body dysmorphic disease. However, there are a lot of factors, which increases your risk of developing it which include:
- Brain disorders: Many people with abnormal brain chemistry disorders suffer from body dysmorphic disease.
- Genes: People whose blood relatives have this disease or have obsessive compulsive disorder are more likely to develop this disorder as well.
- Environment: Cultural and social influences are a major cause of body dysmorphic disorder as well.
There are, however a lot of symptoms of body dysmorphic disorder, most of which are psychological in nature. They include:
- Having a preoccupation with a flaw in the body, which is very minor or perhaps even unnoticeable.
- Beliefs that people are mocking you in relation to your flaw.
- Being a perfectionist
It is also worth noting that this obsession can affect any part of the body and can also include several parts of the body or different parts of the body at different times. Here are the possible treatments of body dysmorphic disorder.
There are a variety of treatments, which a patient can opt for and a variety of methods of curing the problem. Here are the most common.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy: This is when a therapist tries to stop you from thinking about the flaw that you have been focusing on way too much.
- SSRI: SSRI stands for Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors. They are given in cases, where body dysmorphic disorder is caused by problems related to the brain chemical serotonin.
- Hospitalization: This is a severe measure, but may need to be taken if you are in danger of harming somebody or you cannot perform daily activities. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
Asthma is a chronic respiratory disorder. In asthma, the airways of the lungs get inflamed. Due to this inflammation, there is swelling inside the airways. This also causes excess production of mucous. The combined effect of swelling and mucus production is that the passage of air gets obstructed. This makes breathing difficult. A whistling sound or wheezing is often heard in such patients. Often the patient gets cough due to this obstruction of the airways. This cough is a reflex of the body to get rid of the excess mucous in the airways. A sense of tightness or heaviness is felt in the chest. One cannot expand the chest fully while inhaling. This is a medical condition characterised by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea.
Homeopathy for Asthma-
When it comes to the treatment of Asthma, Homeopathy is much better at treating asthma. It is in stark contrast to allopathy, where inhalers and steroids are used to suppress inflammation. Homeopathic medicines do not aim at just reducing inflammation. They also intend to cure the basic cause of the recurrent inflammation. This way, not only the symptoms of asthma are treated but the incidence of asthmatic attacks is completely eliminated. With a couple of months of Homeopathic treatment, you will be able to live a disease-free and medicine-free life. It is worthwhile to mention here that all Homeopathic remedies are natural and do not contain any chemicals. That is why these purely natural homeopathic remedies do not have any side effects at all. Here is a list of the top homeopathic medicines for asthma, along with the symptoms when they are used-
Ipecac: Ipecac is used in treating asthma, where the patient experiences symptoms like heaviness and tension around the chest area. Sudden wheezing, suffocation is experienced followed by other symptoms like motions, vomiting and gagging. The cough remains constant, and the chest gets filled up with phlegm. Cold and perspiration is also likely to be experienced. A patient may feel as if a lump is present in the chest. Increased salivation is also indicated.
Arsenicum: Arsenicum is an efficient homeopathic medicine, which treats asthma attacks, which take place after midnight. The patient is anxious, restless, and cannot sleep because of the fear of being suffocated. In such cases, the patient dozes off a bit, and wakes up with great burning sensation and sore feeling in the chest. Arsenicum is prescribed during chronic stages of asthma, usually in elderly people.
Nux Vomica: Nux Vomica is used when asthma attacks occur due to gastric disorders and during simple spasmodic asthmas. People who consume an excess of caffeine or alcohol are more likely to experience such attacks. A constricting feeling in the lower chest region may be experienced. These attacks commonly occur during the morning.
Kali Bichromicum: This homeopathic medicine is used is asthmatic patients where the asthma attacks occur because of potashes. The attacks generally occur between three to four a.m. in the morning. The patient gets compelled to rise from sleep and sit up in order to breathe. A stringy yellow mucus may be produced, and the patient feels a lack of air in his chest.
Natrum Sulphuricum: This is another effective medicine for treating asthma. The symptoms of asthma treated with this medicine get worse in damp weather. Most asthma attacks occur with a rattling sensation being felt in the chest. Bowel movement may become loose after this type of asthma attack. Alcohol and aerated drinks make the symptoms even worse. Such attacks are common in the morning with the production of a green mucus.
Homeopathy has no side effects and treats the underlying cause of asthma. You should consult a homeopathic practitioner before starting homeopathic treatment for asthma.