Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. B SaravananYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor, I want to ask that I have tiny black spots on my nose, it is inside the skin, can you tell me what is it and some methods to cure it. Thank you.
Dear Dr. I have white heads problem so can you please tell me what kind of cream or face wash used for clean that white heads.
With high level of pollution, now-a-days, most of us suffer from a number of skin allergies and acne is one of the most common ailments, which affects us all. With acne it is very difficult to have a clear and blemish free skin.
Acne appears when a pore in our skin clogs. This clog begins with dead skin cells. Normally, dead skin cells rise to surface of the pore, and the body sheds the cells. When the body starts to make lots of sebum (see-bum), oil that keeps our skin from drying out, the dead skin cells can stick together inside the pore. Instead of rising to the surface, the cells become trapped inside the pore.
Sometimes bacteria that live on our skin also get inside the clogged pore. Inside the pore, the bacteria have a perfect environment for multiplying very quickly. With loads of bacteria inside, the pore becomes inflamed (red and swollen). If the inflammation goes deep into the skin, an acne cyst or nodule appears
How do you know that you are suffering from acne?
Many people think that acne is just pimples. But a person who has acne can have any of these blemishes:
Acne often affects your face, but it can appear on other areas of the body. Acne can appear on the back, chest, neck, shoulders, upper arms and buttocks.
How you can keep acne at bay?
- Wash twice a day and after sweating: Perspiration, especially when wearing a hat or helmet, can make acne worse, so wash your skin as soon as possible after sweating.
- Use your fingertips to apply a gentle, non-abrasive cleanser: Using a washcloth, mesh sponge or anything else can irritate the skin.
- Be gentle with your skin: Use gentle products, such as those that are alcohol-free. Do not use products that irritate your skin, which may include astringents, toners and exfoliants. Dry, red skin makes acne appear worse.
- Scrubbing your skin can make acne worse: Avoid the temptation to scrub your skin and rinse with lukewarm water
- Shampoo regularly: If you have oily hair (learn about the Remedies for Oily Hair), shampoo daily.
- Let your skin heal naturally: If you pick, pop or squeeze your acne, your skin will take longer to clear and you increase the risk of getting acne scars.
- Keep your hands off your face: Touching your skin throughout the day can cause flare-ups.
- Avoid sun: Tanning damages your skin. In addition, some acne medications make the skin very sensitive to ultraviolet (UV) light, which you get from both the sun and indoor tanning (learn more about the Remedies for Sun Tan) devices.
I am a 65 years old male. Recently I was diagnosed to be suffering from prostate gland (frequent urination) and the doctor advised me to go for an operation. Kindly tell me a treatment without operation is possible or not.
Hi doctor. My skin tone is black. I used many of avurdevi and cosmetic creams but no use. What can I do to get a good fairness to my total skin without side effects.
When I eat pickle or curd in night so next day my lips get swollen or have itching on my wrist my wrist gets swollen or gets red.
I have tattoo on my hand which I wanted to remove it with laser treatment. Am afraid of getting any problems because of that. Will you please let. Me know about that.
I am 27 yrs old I have a problem for lip my lip is black spot how can I change lip color please help Doctor.`
Hello sir please explain the how to protect the skin, and hair. And How to build the melody voice. please explain some this problems. Thanks. To. Liberty.
I am 31 year old male I have skin problem of fungal infection called [ gajakarna ] I was used fluconazole 150mg tablet one for a day of week but it is temporary relief me I want a permanent solution what should I do.
Hi sir. I am 25 years old male. My weight 64. I want to loose weight and want to become fair and glow my face. Please give solution to me.
I am 23 male. I have skin problem. I get pimples only my face for every 2 days or a weak fro past 2 years. I dont know what to do. I have consulted many doctors, but the problem is same. My face is being spoiled. Please help me out.
My acth is high which is 71.20 and cortisol is normal, symptoms are darking of face, dull face, my face look so tanned, acne which is not going away, and muscle loss what to do please help. From January to august I was so hungry my stomach never get full whatever I eat small or large but my appetite is back now, but these symptoms came,
I am 23 years old and have started swimming few months back. I checked the precautions to take to protect skin while swimming they say to use coconut / olive oil on body before going for swim. What can be done for face before and after swim. PS: My skin is oily and sensitive. I don't use anything for face in regular other than facewash (cetaphil).
Myself pankaj I was fair earlier but due to sun tan in uttarakhand at age 10 I became dark so can anyone suggest me tan removal cream I do not care if it is coslty but should be very very effective.
Some people use the same soap for a lifetime not because they are loyal to the soap brand, but because they fear the reaction their skin would have to other soaps. Similarly, people across the world often see rashes erupt after using a new perfume, cosmetics, jewellery or after coming in contact with plants, such as poison ivy or poison oak. This condition is known as Contact Dermatitis. This can be described as skin condition where the skin is inflamed, red and itchy as a result of exposure to a foreign substance.
Most cases of contact dermatitis are not serious, but can be quite unpleasant. There are three types of contact dermatitis. These are:
- Allergic Contact Dermatitis: This condition occurs when the skin is exposed to an irritant it may be allergic to. Common triggers are jewellery, perfumes and latex.
- Irritant Contact Dermatitis: This is the most common form of this skin condition. This condition is triggered by toxic materials, such as bleach, battery acid, detergents, drain cleaners and kerosene. It is also known as hand eczema as it often occurs as a reaction to soaps or over exposure to water.
- Photo Contact Dermatitis: This is the rarest form of contact dermatitis. It occurs when the active ingredients in sunscreen are exposed to sunlight.
Inflamed skin is one of the first symptoms of contact dermatitis. Some of the other symptoms are:
- Dry, flaky skin
- Redness of the skin
- Blisters that may be dry or oozing
- Burning sensation on the skin
- Sun sensitivity
Contact Dermatitis on its own rarely requires anything more than medication. Most cases often subside on their own. Avoid scratching the infected skin as it can make the condition worse. Wash the affected area as often as possible with cool water and soap. Over the counter anti itch treatment like calamine lotion and hydrocortisone cream can help ease the itchiness and inflammation. An anti histamine drug could also be beneficial. If the rash covers a large expanse of skin, consult a doctor who may prescribe a stronger steroid cream.
With contact dermatitis, prevention is better than cure. Three easy tips to follow to protect yourselves against the skin condition are:
- Only use those products that are labeled hypoallergenic or unscented.
- Use vinyl gloves instead of latex gloves
- Cover all exposed skin when working outdoors, hiking etc.