Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. B.S.RamakrishnanYour feedback matters!
Skin is the major as well as the largest sensory organ of the body. Due to various reasons, such as harsh conditions, exposure to excess sunlight, etc., the skin often suffers from various skin issues such as oily skin and the outbreak of acne or pimples. Worrying about how you can get rid of them? Well, the alternative medicine system of homeopathy can be of great help.
What is oily skin?
When excessive oil secretion occurs from the sebaceous glands of the skin, the skin tends to become oily. Oily skin causes various unfavourable changes to the skin, pore clogging, outbreak of acne, blackheads and skin rash being some of the major issues.
What are acnes and pimples?
Acne is a particular skin condition that causes pimples and spots on the face, back, neck, shoulders, upper arms, and chest. Acne is more of an inflammatory chronic skin disease that leads to blackheads, whiteheads, nodules, cysts, and pimples, if not treated properly. More common in young adults and teenagers who have reached puberty, it sometimes may trigger the sebaceous glands to become overactive and the skin to turn oilier than before.
How can homeopathy be of help?
When it comes to finding the easiest and most effective solution for these kinds of skin issues, homeopathy plays a crucial role. Aiming at curing disorders and diseases while focusing on the causal factors, homeopathy is found to be one of the most effective and widely preferred skin treatment options. Not only are the homeopathic medicines non-toxic, natural and totally safe on the skin, but they also do not cause any adverse side effects on the skin. They can be used by people of any age and sex.
Along with taking daily care of your skin, trying homeopathic medicines as per your skin requirements can do wonders in treating oily skin and the associated skin issues. While homeopathic medicines like Silicea, Sulphur and Kali Bromatum help in dealing with acne, pimples and scars, medicines like Bovista and Psorinum work towards treating oily skin and the damages it has suffered from.
One of the biggest advantages of using homeopathy is that it offers long-term results in treating various skin conditions and diseases. It may not offer you instant solutions as it works slowly and gradually, but it cures the problem from deep inside the skin with long-term satisfied outcomes.
Before opting for any particular homeopathic medicine, it’s better to have a talk with a homeopathy specialist to obtain the most appropriate homeopathic solution as per your skin condition. After all, if a consultation with the homeopathic doctors can get you a pimple free glowing skin, then why not!
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
She is having skin problems in winter and rainy season her checks and in her hands allergies comes frequent shown may doctors but no use. Help me.
My husband has dark circles. He has tried all ointments last one was wunder eye cream which did not work. He has sleep of 7 hours. Healthy and fit. Can help.
I'm a female I feel so much of itchiness in my private part. Is it a big deal? How can I prevent it.
I had chickenpox for a month but after when I get out from chicken pox then I have scars on my face so what should I do?
My skin has become dull, and looks lifeless. I have an uneven skin tone and mild dark circles too. What can I do to bring the glow back?
A rash on your child’s body or their regular cough bouts can sometimes be triggered by an allergy. We can excuse it by calling it a common flu or a heat rash, but the reason behind it might be something you are not aware of. Your child might be allergic, and it is imperative for you to find out that exact thing your child is allergic to, it can be dust, nuts that you may think is beneficial for your child’s health or even the fabric of the clothes you put on them. Allergies are caused when children come in contact with allergens, which can he inhaled, injected or even eaten unknowingly. If you see any of the symptoms of allergies, consult your doctor at the earliest and do not treat it lightly.
Some common triggers for allergies
These are divided into four groups
- Foods: Certain foods like peanuts, eggs, milk and it products which you feed your child might be triggering their allergy.
- Outdoors: When kids play outside pollens from trees or flowers might causes allergies. Even insect bites and stings are a major trigger
- Indoors: Animal fur or hair and even dust mites and mold that exist in your house can trigger an allergy
- Irritants: Common irritants like cigarette smoke, perfumes or even car exhaust should be watched out for.
Symptoms of common allergies
- Nasal Congestion: It is referred to as stuffy nose, which is very common in kids. Allergies are the most common cause of chronic nasal congestion (a stuffy nose) in children. Sometimes a child’s nose is congested to the point that he or she breathes through the mouth, especially while sleeping.
- Allergic rhinitis (hay fever): It is also common and its symptoms include a runny or itchy nose and constant sneezing. A child with allergies may also have itchy, watery, red eyes and chronic ear problems. Even though it’s commonly known as “hay fever,” allergic rhinitis isn’t triggered by hay and doesn’t cause fever.
If you suspect your child has an allergy, make an appointment to consult a specialist. Start a diary before the appointment and keep track of what symptoms your child experiences and what you think causes them.
Sir I am facing the problem with fungal disease. Sir what can be the precaution that could be taken against it?
Treatment to Improve Appearance of the Skin
As our years pass it tends to take a toll on our body as well as our skin. The most prominent part where the signs of ageing show is our face. Now we have many ways and methods with which we candelay this experience and look younger for longer. One of those methods is use of Chemical Peels. Now what are Chemical peels and how do they work? Cheical peels are basically weak acids which are formulated into peels with the help of other chemicals. These work by dissolving the topmost layer of the skin, the dead cells and, it results in revealing a skin which is younger and brighter. Acids which are commonly used in peels are Lactic acid, Salycyclic acid, Trichloroacetic acid and Glycolic acid.
Among the non surgical methds of facial rejuvenation the use of chemical peel is the most popular methodbecause they not only reveal a younger and brighter skin but also enhance the tone and texture of the skin. We can use a chemical peel on our face, body, area around eyes and neck. These are generally used for improving various types of pigmentation like frckles, melasma, age spots, sun tan, PIH etc, for treatment of acne, acne spots and scars, for improvement in appearance of mild scars, for reducing fne lines and wrinkles, for photoaging, for enhancing the tone and texture of dull tored and rough skin, for giving the skin overall hydrated and youthful glow.
Now, why should you you use chemical peels and why should you choose them as a process of skin rejuvenation.
Because, first of all it is a non invasive process, safe and has minimal complications, it is inexpensive and totally affordable, many of the peels can be done as a lunch time procedure and you can walk out of the clinic and resume our work almost immediately. Peels can also be combined with other processes likemicrodermabrasion and microneedling. With the advent of wide variety of peels, there are a large amount of problems which can be addressed and peels can be customised to meet almost all the demands of the patient.
So to discover a radiant skin with the help of chemical peels and to know more about chemical peels please visit Clinic Cosmederma or book an appointment through Librate.com, thank you.
Sir my ear bitting was human on 28oct atter it doctor joint cut part after save cartilage behind ear. After 7days skin necrosis and doctor remove that part. After it doctor joint cartilage. doctor says your 2 stage is pending I am confused pl. Help.
Hello sir, myself Jamuna, 28 years old female. I have been suffering from skin acne near nose on both side as well as on chin part. I was on HRT for PCOS before 2 years. Can you please suggest treatment for this.
I am 26 years old female. I have oily and acne prone skin. And blackheads in faces. Black mark around neck and mouth. What I do to over come this? Which soap and face wash is suitable for me? Please suggest to get good and clear skin.
Are you fussy about getting a facial, believing an age old adage that men don’t need facials? Think again, you can be nowhere near the truth as the harsh reality is that men do need facials period. Yes, you might not entertain the fact of having layers of cucumber or banana on your skin and it certainly doesn’t look appealing. But the reality is that your skin can suffer the same damage and wear and tear as a woman’s skin and it needs the dedication and care it deserves. In fact, probably more than the ladies, guys need facials, thanks to their coarser skin, larger pores, and increased chance of sun damage. Feels discomforting? Fret not; as we lay down some points that staunchly suggest that men do need facials like their woman counterparts
- Men produce more oil: Men have higher testosterone levels than women and this indirectly produces more oil. This oil can clog your pores and can lead to blackheads, which may lead to pimples. Also due to the coarseness, they can also develop as rashes and can leave permanent marks if not treated properly. Have a facial done at a spa to take care of these risks. The reason why these are better done at a spa is that the specialist can understand your skin type and can chart down a treatment plan based on it. Also, you might have to exfoliate your skin often to reduce the toughness of the dead skin cells.
- Benefitting in a smoother shave: No matter how many types of razor you use, the friction caused by the metal to your skin is irreversible. Irritation is one of the common consequences that your facial skin has to undergo every time you shave. The result can be more damaging than you have ever thought so. A deep facial will deep clean bumps and soothe the irritated skin. You can also try various after shave effects to reduce the rashness to the skin and simultaneously you can opt for specialised facial treatment for shaving side effects. You can experience a smoother and a better shave when your skin is smoother.
- Facials use products far from the market: It is a known fact that some of the facial products used are not available over the counters. The techniques and the products used can be handled like a pro only by an experienced facial therapist. Instead of following an advertisement and going for a product, take some time off for getting a facial. You can also experience an opportunity to ask more questions regarding the product used on your face. Facials can be ideal stress busters too and can help a great deal in relaxing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.