Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hi I am 21 years old. My chin bone, including my lips is shifting towards right. I used to sleep towards my left of my face for many years. What should I do to cure this, it has led to a asymmetrical face of mine. Which side I should sleep now onwards?
I've two scars near my eye area due to a bike accident at the age of about 5 years n I wanna remove it. So could you please your suggestions about the cost n treatment.
Sir I am 18 years old and my skin is oily skin so what I should use please say the best soap to make my skin glow. Please advise.
Hi. I am 20 years old. I had pimples all over my face and I got a full treatment of 4 months to get ride of them. Now as the pimples are gone I am left with the black spots and pimples marks over my face. I have white heads all over the face and they make my skin very rough. Can you tell me how to get ride of white heads and the pimples marks and get a fair smooth skin.
I have irritation upon the nose when eating and when rub on nose normally. And also getting water drops on nose.What can i do?
6 months back I was suffering from piles starting stage and it was cured. Now am having pain anus hole when squeeze and it's like burning. Toilet is normal. Please advise me what to do.
I used to have very fair complexion when I was a kid and now due to sunlight and poor hygiene I have dark neck and dark patches on my forehead, dark circles below my eyes I want to regain my childhood complexion is it possible? What should I do to get it back?
I'm having white patches on my cheeks. I think it's becoz of having tea 2 times daily. And some suggested it's becoz of lack of vitamin D.I applied DK gel. For 1 year but of no use. Appears and even disappears. Can you give me any diet regarding this.
I am suffering from stubborn acnes. They are not getting rid from 2-3 months. Are chemical peels safe for sensitive oily skin?
Bladder cancer refers to a cancer, which arises from the epithelial lining or the urothelium of the urinary bladder. In the most common form of bladder cancer, the normal histology of the urothelium is recapitulated. It is called transitional cell carcinoma. Bladder cancer is a serious form of cancer that leads to many deaths too.
There are several modes of treatment for bladder cancer. They are:
Bladder cancer surgery: Surgeries are common for treating bladder cancer. The types of surgeries include:
1. Transurethral resection of bladder tumor or TURBT: This mode is used for determining the presence of bladder cancer and to find out if it has invaded the bladder wall muscle layer. This treatment mode is generally used in the early stages of bladder cancer.
2. Cystectomy: A cystectomy is undertaken when bladder cancer is very invasive and parts of the bladder or the whole of it has to be removed. There are two types of cystectomy.
- Partial cystectomy is used when the cancer invades the bladder muscle layer in a small area. It can be removed without the whole bladder being taken out.
- A Radical cystectomy is undertaken in case the cancer affects a large area and is present in multiple areas of the bladder. This surgery removes the bladder entirely and all its nearby lymph nodes.
3. Intravesical therapy: In intravesical therapy, a liquid drug is put directly into the bladder via a catheter instead of injecting it or consuming it orally. The cells lining the bladder are affected without causing any harm to other body parts. This therapy is usually used after TURBT in non-invasive cases of bladder cancer to prevent recurrence.
4. Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy is an effective treatment for bladder cancer. Chemotherapy may be used in two ways:
- Intravesical chemotherapy, where the chemo drug is put directly into the bladder and is applicable only for early treatment stages.
- Systematic chemotherapy, which involves the injection of chemo drugs into the vein or muscle and can also be administered in the form of pills. The drug reaches all parts of the body via the bloodstream and affects all cancer cells.
5. Radiation therapy: This treatment procedure for bladder cancer involves the use of high energy radiation for killing cancer cells. It is used in early phases of treatment and is the primary remedy for people who cannot have a surgery. It is combined with chemotherapy to make the radiation effective. The most common type of radiation therapy for treating bladder cancer is called external-beam radiation therapy where radiation occurs from an outside source.
Bladder cancer is a severe form of cancer. Proper and ideal treatment is required among the several treatment methods available.