Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. B.J.GokulYour feedback matters!
I have a digestion problem, and feeling lazy most of the time and there is also a urine problem with me after half an hour of drinking water, I have to go for urine discharge. Pls suggest me the solution of these problems.
Hello doctor during monthly period time I used to have low abdominal pain which can't make me to walk straightly or to stand n sit anywhere it bends me automatically so kindly prescribe me the best homeopathic medicine which can help me to over come from this pain n tension too as it effects in busy work schedules those days please ASAP thx.
I got mouth ulcers 3 days ago, I want to know why often I have ulcers and can I get any home made remedy.
First of all I hv digestion problem. After taking meal it tuns to gases little more or less few times later. I go to jym every day nd drink water lot but why I am suffering from. And that is why muscles can't grow so well. I can't understand ,Is that any problem in dieting. Pls refer something useful. I am allergic to Milk nd All the milk related substance it also make gases.
My wife is having right ovarianclits- 8*6 cm which we knew from abdomen scanning after she had stomach pain, please let me know the possible treatment and costs.
Hallo, I have this Problem since 2008. Whenever I have anal sex I would have anal Fisher for some days or one and half or two weeks then it would be ok if I would have sex again I would face the same Problem and it would be okay again even without using medication and treatment. I need some advise and treatment.
I am 33 year old male from pune, I was 70 in weight before 6 months ago and now my weight comes under 55 whatever I eat its not working for my body and I have problem of hyper acidity also so if my stomach is empty then I can not breath properly and same problem occurs in d morning after return from toilet, so what should I do to grow my body please suggest me?
I am 31 years old suffering from astrological, digestion and liver problems, symptoms, heavy acidity, gas, still not cleared, weakness.
Sugar is the trigger to most of the diseases an adult faces in present times. Sugar is not only harmful for adults, but can pose severe threats to the health of a child as well, if not administered in monitored proportions. But again, sugar is indispensable when it comes to sweetening your drinks and desserts. In order to prevent yourself from the health hazards of sugar, you should know more about its scope and effects.
- Sugar can lead to a fatty liver: Fatty liver is a troubling issue faced by many across the globe. It is wrong to think only alcoholics are subjected to this health condition. People who exercise little and consume huge amounts of fructose are also exposed to the threat of this disease. When a person doesn't do enough to burn up the existing amount of glycogen in his or her liver and take in fructose repeatedly, the liver turns that fructose into fat, impairing one's liver capabilities to a great extent.
- Sugar may make you resistant to Leptin: Leptin is a hormone released by your fat cells. The hormone is particularly necessary as it sends signals to your brain telling it you are full and won't be requiring any more food. Fat people have more number of fat cells and thus additional Leptin too. The Leptin becomes inactive due to the effects of heightened blood triglycerides and insulin, both of which counter its functioning.
- It is addictive and there lies the key to temptation: Sugar is enormously addictive. If you like sweetened products, you will find it hard to resist your cravings for cakes, cookies or chocolates. Sugar accelerates dopamine secretion; this hormone makes a person feel good. Dopamine is the hormone released on the consumption of drugs such as cocaine.
- Calories in sugar are not balanced out with any mineral or vitamin: Because of its lack of nutrient value, sugar is said to have empty calories. Food items rich in sugar tend to make a person lethargic and slackened while depriving them of essential minerals and vitamins. It is therefore, best to not allow children to have pastries, chocolates or puddings in excess.
- Sugar leads to extensive tooth decay: Sugar can accumulate on your teeth if you are having too many sweetened food items. This causes your teeth enamel to wear away, making it more prone to cavities and dental caries.