Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok Kumar AYour feedback matters!
You're probably familiar with diabetic peripheral neuropathy (dpn), which is nerve damage that?s caused by chronic high blood sugar. Dpn tends to be the most common complication of diabetes. Some of its symptoms include a tingling or burning sensation, difficulty walking, and numbness, especially in your feet and toes. If left untreated, dpn can eventually lead to amputation.
while dpn seems to be a growing problem within the african-american community, here are four ways to keep your dpn under control.
1. Don?t smoke.
ever notice how ?don?t smoke? is always somewhere on these types of lists? well, there?s a good reason for it. When you smoke, your arteries narrow and harden, reducing the amount of blood flow to your legs and feet, which makes it more difficult for wounds to heal.
2. Keep your blood sugar levels in check.
if you?re a diabetic, then you already know how important it is to monitor your blood sugar levels. When you have dpn, inconsistent blood sugar levels put you at risk for nerve damage, which can ultimately lead to amputation.
3. Take good care of your feet.
when you have dpn, it?s a definite must that you thoroughly wash and dry your feet on a daily basis. Also, always make sure that your shoes are well-fitted and that your socks are clean and dry. Be sure to trim your toenails straight across ? or have them trimmed by a professional. Lastly, stay away from any antiseptic products and sharp tools, including nail files, as they may cause injury and further damage.
4. Communicate with your doctor.
inspect your feet regularly. If you notice anything unusual, such as a foot injury that?s taking longer to heal than normal, inform your doctor right away! ask me privately here
I am 52 yrs male having start of dibetes ie blood suger f-120, after two hrs of lunch-195. I am taking regular b. P. Tablet from last 3 yrs and feels normal. Shall I take ayurvedic treatment for blood sugar Or allopathetic.? Or other wise. Please suggest me. Thanks.
My thyroid level is 24 & I am taking thyronome 100 mg. My weight is still as same as of 3 years ago but I am looking too big in size & hairs are also falling. Kindly suggest me the best treatment to stop overweight & hair fall. My age is 28 & I am a boy.
My hba1c is 6.4 but sugar level is normal in both test and presence of sugar in urine is negative can I had chance of diabetes.
I have diabetes and my sugar lavel is post 385 and pre 165. I am trying my best to control but couldn't do.
I am overweight since last 5 years. Suddenly my morning sugars have started coming in the range of 110 to 117. PP comes to 125 to 135. Evening sugars on many days is below 100 too. What dietary changes should I bring in? Should I stop sugar completely? I walk 5 km thrice a week.
My husband is a diabetic for the last 17 years. How can he control his sugar apart from taking medicines?
I am 71 years old, male. For last over one year, each day morning, I have 4 to 5 motions. Some time loose motions upto about 1 noon or upto 1.30 pm. As a result I am not able to move out of house, in the fore noon, with a fear that I may get motion any time, any where and I may not get the toilet facility. I also have no control on motions and some time I passed motion in the pant too. I am diabetic since 25 years. But mostly my sugar levels are on border or at normal level. Please advise me suitably.
I am hypothyroidism for last 3 yrs. Last year my TSH was 7.2. After being put on 112.5 mg Thyronorm I had symptoms of loss of appetite, libido. I also got my testosterone test done Values of testosterone are: total 260, free 5 My question are these values and can be reason for decrease in libido. If yes, then is there any testosterone treatment. I have testosterone treatment leads to reduction in sperm count and leads to prostate cancer Pls advise.
Hairfall. Getting my hairs thiner than thin day by day thyroid is on boundary after getting test or it more than normal point at. 1 rate or. 3. Not taking any medicines of thyroid.
Hypothyroidism refers to the lack of thyroid hormones in your body. Hypothyroidism is caused when the thyroid gland of your body is unable to produce the thyroid hormones like T3 (triiodothyronine) and T4 (thyroxine). Hypothyroidism can occur due to the inflammation of the thyroid gland or as a result of previous thyroid treatments, where a major portion of the thyroid producing cells has been removed. Hypothyroidism is more common in women. But, it can develop in any person irrespective of age or sex.
The symptoms of hypothyroidism are as follows:
2. Increased feeling of cold
3. Dryness of skin
7. Increased blood cholesterol level
8. Your muscles may be become weak and you may suffer from muscle pain
9. Disruption in menstrual cycle.
Though these are the common symptoms, but it may vary from person to person. Hypothyroidism is a very common problem and homeopathy offers a very safe, painless and effective treatment for hypothyroidism.
The following are few of the homeopathic remedies for hyperthyroidism:
1. Calcarea Carbonica: This medicine is advised to people suffering from obesity and increased sensitiveness to cold temperature.
2. Sepia Officinalis: This medicine is suggested to people suffering from irregular menstrual cycle and increased sensitivity to cold.
3. Nux Vomica: Nux vomica is prescribed when the patient shows symptom of depression.
4. Lycopodium Clavatum: This medicine is given to people having gastric troubles or encountering excessive hair fall.
Along with these, there are various other medicines such as Iodium, thyroidinum, spongia, lycopus and lapis albus. But it is highly recommended for you to consult a homeopathic physician to receive correct advice before taking any medication by yourself.
Hypoglycemia, commonly referred to as low blood sugar is the condition of the body, when the level of blood sugar falls down below the normal level. This accounts for clumsiness, feeling shaky, feeling confused, losing consciousness, serious seizure. Severe lowering of blood sugar may cause death. You are likely to feel exhausted and very hungry. The symptoms usually show quite quickly.
Hypoglycemia is commonly caused due to diabetes medicine like insulin, sulfonylureas or biguanides. Starving for long hours, over straining the body or extreme alcohol consumption may lead to hypoglycemia. Failure of the kidneys, liver diseases, metabolism disorders also lead to hyperglycemia.
Fall in the the blood sugar level must be taken very seriously and never be ignored. If you feel the symptoms of lowered blood sugar, it is advised that you immediately take a sugar test. You must also indulge in high calorie food items such as sweets or chocolates. You need to increase the glucose intake, so that the blood-sugar level rises up.
Here are some steps you should follow to control hyperglycemia:
- Keep away from the practices, which lead to hyperglycemia: The best way of keeping away from hyperglycemia is by taking all measures, which would avoid the condition to develop. The medical schedule of diabetic patients should be closely monitored and optimized by the patient's caregivers. Their lifestyle should be kept under check. It should be ensured that the patients do not skip meals. Insulin should be avoided as much possible.
- Discuss problems with the patient: Patients and their guardians must be properly educated about the disease and what important steps they should take, in spite of all kinds of prevention treatments they take. Teach them about the symptoms and the steps to be taken in case of any emergency. Use of glucose tablets should be encouraged. They must know that the process is ongoing. Every patient is different from another and hyperglycemia differs from person to person.
- Use glucagon: Glucagon is basically a hormone, which stimulates the liver to release pre-stored glucose all over your bloodstream in case your blood-sugar level falls down steadily. Glucagon is usually injected, and kits are available. Prescribed by doctors, glucagon can be used to treat a person who has fallen unconscious after a fatal reaction due to insulin. You should consult an expert before buying a glucagon kit.
Hypoglycemia is a serious problem. Lowering or fall in your blood sugar level must never be ignored, and measures must be taken to regain your sugar balance immediately.