Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok Kumar AYour feedback matters!
Hi, i am 35 year old female with two kids, i m having hypothyroid and my weight is 90 kg and height is 5.4, my doctor told me to take orlica 60 /lipocut 60 before every large meal alongwith my routine thyroid medicine. Will it be helpful for me to reduce my weight ? I am dying to reduce my weight. Pllease help, if any other medicine can help me then kindly give the name and dosage of the same.
Erectile dysfunction is a disorder where the person affected is unable to maintain or achieve an erection during sexual intercourse. As diabetes is a disorder that affects blood supply to organs, so the ability to achieve or maintain erections are impaired, as erections are dependent on proper blood supply to the penis. Fortunately, there are treatments for these symptoms and they are:
- Injection therapy and oral medications: Some medications are directly injected to the penis in order to facilitate erection, while certain other oral drugs are administered to treat symptoms of erectile dysfunction which have a higher success rate in treating people who are diabetic than those who are not.
- Regular exercise and a healthy diet: Exercising on a regular basis combined with a healthy diet can reduce the symptoms of both diabetes as well as erectile dysfunction.
- Reviewing medications: Some medications used to treat blood pressure and depression can often cause erectile dysfunction. So, the medications should be reviewed by a doctor and, if necessary, should be changed.
- Usage of vacuum constriction devices: These devices are used to create a pump in the penis which facilitate the ability to maintain an erection and engage in sexual intercourse. It is reported to work in 80% of the cases.
- Penile implants: It is a surgical procedure where a penis implant is used to treat this disorder.
- Intraurethral therapy: In this treatment, the medicine is placed in the urethra of the penis in the form of suppository by an applicator. These medicines improve blood flow and thus facilitate a normal erection.
Related Tip: "Myths and Misconceptions About Erectile Dysfunction"
My father recently got attacked with diabetes from that day on wards he is taking 2 pulka and curd rice during night time is it correct or not please give suggestions if not correct then what have to do.
I am a diabetic patient my age is 29 yrs male, I came to know that I am suffering with diabetic, If I will have sex with my wife any problem, or she also will get this disease. Please tell me.
There are some commonest misconceptions about infertility and these misconceptions should be eliminated as soon as possible so that the actual facts can be known. There are many online sites where you can find detailed information on the scientific explanations regarding infertility and you can follow them.
List of myths and facts regarding infertility:
1. Myth: The menstrual cycle of a woman is for 28 days.
Fact: Normal cycle ranges between 21 to 36 days.
2. Myth: A woman can have pregnancy on the day one of menstrual cycle.
Fact: The released eggs remain viable for almost 12-14 hours and a woman can get pregnant after an intercourse done two days after ovulation and five days before ovulation.
3. Myth: Infertility occurs due to stress.
Fact: Ovulation can surely get delayed due to hormone suppression, but infertility does not occur due to stress.
4. Myth: Sperms stay active for few hours.
Fact: Sperms stay alive at least for five days.
5. Myth: Men with a higher sexual drive will have a normal sperm count.
Fact: There is no relation in between fertility and virility. Sometimes, it has been found that men having a higher sex drive do not produce sperms.
6. Myth: Women have to wait for three months to conceive after stopping the usage of contraceptive pills.
Fact: As soon as a woman stops pill usage, hormonal levels go back to normal condition, as a result of which ovulation begins immediately.
7. Myth: Only females have infertility troubles.
Fact: Both women and men suffer from infertility troubles as per the current scientific studies.
8. Myth: Ovulation occurs in a woman on the 14th day of menstrual cycle.
Fact: Ovulation can be calculated by counting 14 days backwards from the past menstrual cycle's last day.
9. Myth: Daily sex can increase conceiving chances.
Fact: During ovulation, having sex each day, especially in between 12 to 16th day of the cycle can be the best timing.
10. Myth: Fertility troubles occur at 35.
Fact: Peak fertility timing in a woman's life is 20 and this might continue until late 30s. Fertility troubles might even arrive at a younger age. With age, conception chances get declined, especially after 35.
2 years back it was detected that I do have hypothyroidism. I continued ayurvedice treatment for almost 2 years however I have discontinued the treatment as the medicine was making me very lethargic and was also affecting my decision making skills. Is there a way I can control thyroid without medicine ?
My micral urine is 183.5, creatinine-serum/plasma is 1.0HBA1C is 5.5, Fasting sugar is 131mg/dl and post prandial sugar is 191 mg/dl, also I m a diabetic patient last 7 years and now my age is 39 years. I take tablet semi Reclimet 1/2 before food day and night, I take tablet Surbex Gold after food for and for pressure I take Tazloc 20 after food. Now please tell me what stage I m in now and give some suggestions to control diabetics and pressure and also tell what fruits and vegetables are good for diabetics, kidney and high pressure? what is micral urine? why it is so high?
• Essential Fatty Acids
EFA are essential for getting pregnant. Omega 3 fat is necessary to maintain the balanced production of hormone-like substances called prostaglandins. They can also increase blood flow to reproductive organs, increase cervical mucus, and promote ovulation.
1 tsp. of fish oil per day is recommended for women consuming animal products while 1 tbsp. of flax oil per day is recommended for women not consuming animal products.
• Vitamin B12
Many women who are not able to conceive are deficient in Vitamin B12. B12 will help to balance hormone imbalances, essential for cell formation, aids in nutrient absorption and metabolism as well as overall digestion.
It is also important for the nervous system, blood supply, and the development of red blood cells.Women who are trying to get pregnant and have a B12 deficiency may not be ovulating and may have abnormal estrogen levels which can affect implantation of a fertilized egg.
B12 deficiency has also been linked to cell abnormalities of the reproductive tract which may even be diagnosed as cervical dysplasia. Vitamin B12 is found in the gut of animals and, therefore, cannot be obtained through plants. Women following a vegan or vegetarian diet are often low in B12 and should use supplements. Women trying to get pregnant, and pregnant women throughout their pregnancy should be consuming 2.6 mcg of B12 per day.
Beside taking supplements, if you’re trying to conceive, you should increase intake of beef, poultry, fish, fortified dairy or nondairy products as well as booster foods such as nutritional yeast. B12 shots are also effective.
If you’re trying to get pregnant, you should be increasing the protein intake to about 25% of what you have previously been eating. High-quality protein with all amino acids is the best option, high-quality animal protein is also sources of other important nutrients such as iron, and B-vitamins.
• Folic Acid
Folic acid is one of the best-known vitamins to aid in pregnancy. It is essential for preventing neural tube defects, congenital heart defects, cleft lips, limb defects, as well as urinary tract defects in the baby.
Deficiency in folic acid can also increase infertility and cause pre-term labor. Folic acid can be found in liver, lentils, beans, black beans, asparagus, spinach, and broccoli. If you’re taking a supplement, then it should be should be between 600-120mcg per day.