Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Arun KumarYour feedback matters!
My mother got pricked her finger so I removed the blood with my hand from her finger then forgot to wash hand and 2 min after I went to toilet and with that same hand clean my vagina I was on period so that hand contacted with my vagina what will happen can std or other infection can occur please tell.
“Cold and Flu” season is right around the corner, and it seems that everywhere you go you run into someone sneezing! How can you boost your immunity so you can stay healthy this Winter? Getting sick is not only uncomfortable, but it also impacts your productivities, your energy level and even your relationship (Have you ever got snappy because you have a sore throat or a headache?) Luckily, there are some easy ways to strengthen your immune system by adding some common yet nutritious foods to your diet. They have high immunity boosting nutrients (e.g. vitamins A, B, and C, zinc), anti-viral and/or antibacterial properties:
1.Yogurt (ideally plain yogurt as added sugar can suppress immunity) – probiotics help strengthen immune system.
2.Pumpkin seeds – high in zinc and omega-3, both essential for a healthy immune system.
3.Cold water fish – good source of protein and omega-3.
4.Fresh fruits and vegetables, especially carrots, beets, sweet potatoes, tomatoes – they are rich in beta-carotene, a precursor of vitamin A.
5.Ground seeds, lentils, beans and whole grains – good source of B vitamins and protein.
6.Ginger – has anti-viral properties.
7.Garlic – has anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties.
8.Honey (raw) –has anti-viral properties.
9.Green tea –has anti-viral properties.
10.Mushrooms (maitake, reishi, shiitake) – elevate flu-fighting agents.
Bonus tips: avoid sugar and alcohol, both of which can weaken your immune system.
If you thought that taking care of yourself and your body becomes a priority only when you are pregnant, then you cannot be more mistaken. Any good doctor will reveal that the state of your health and body before your pregnancy and conception will have a direct bearing on the quality of your pregnancy, delivery and post partum period. So let us find out more about pre pregnancy or pre conception care.
- Visiting a medical practitioner: When you decide to have a baby and before you start trying to conceive, it would be a good idea to visit your doctor or a medical practitioner who will help you in detecting any ailments or conditions that you may not be aware of. You must also carry out this visit in case you are already suffering from any long term ailments like diabetes, kidney disease, lupus, HIV, AIDS or even cardiovascular diseases. This can help in finding out how healthy your baby will be and whether or not you can go through the pregnancy in as normal a way as possible. Also, if you are over the age of 35 years, you will need to find out if all is well with tests for STDs as well as a Pap Smear Test.
- Family history: It would also be a good idea to be armed with knowledge of any genetic history of ailments and other conditions so as to find out the risk of conceiving a baby who will be born with the same kind of defects or conditions.
- Food intake: You will need to check your food intake before you conceive as this can have a large bearing on your pregnancy. Ensure that you have a balanced diet with proteins and carbohydrates as well as all the vitamins and minerals in plenty. This will help in ensuring that your weight and immunity system are both in stellar condition when you conceive, as both will go down to some extent once you conceive. So if they are already in a good condition, you will fortified in a good way.
- Supplements: One must try and get all the vitamins and minerals from natural substances like fruit and vegetables to a great extent. Yet, if you have had a history of ailments and infections, then you may want to get a prescription for vitamin supplements so that your body is in a better place to go through a normal pregnancy.
- Lifestyle changes: One will have to stay away from smoking and excessive alcohol abuse before getting pregnant. Also, you will need to ensure that you exercise regularly for good strength, stamina and pelvic strength.
Getting fit before you get pregnant should be a priority for a smooth sailing pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I want make pregnant to my wife but four month I spent with her and positive result did not come pls tell what I do.
Here debunking 8 popular health myths-
1) Watch your portions: This rule is the source of major eating disorders. The moment we curb or restrict the food we're eating, we also stop agreeing with our hunger levels. We ignore the body’s demand. Instead of controlling your portion size, try asking 'Am I full? Am I still hungry?'
2) Exercise all the time: Exercise is certainly good. It helps in relieving the stress. However, vigorous exercise when you have cold or are feeling unwell may have a damaging effect. Always try to ask yourself, "Am I feeling better after doing exercise?" If the answer is "yes", keep at it. If you feel otherwise take a break.
3) Minimise your caffeine intake: Although excess of coffee can be bad, it is not really a nutritional criminal. Small doses of caffeine stimulate mental, memory and physical faculties. Regular coffee consumption may reduce the risk of Alzheimer's disease as well as some cancers. The coffee bean is also a rich source of antioxidants.
4) Drink lots and lots of water: Excessive water intake has a medical name, 'polydipsia', and it can be dangerous. Anywhere above 4 litres a day, (unless you are an athele) can disturb body’s electrolyte balance, especially potassium. The kidneys can also get damaged if they are filtering excessive amounts of fluid.
5) Stay away from alcohol: There is no denying the health and social perils of excess alcohol. However, moderated drinking has been its benefits. It increases HDL levels i.e. the good cholesterol, as well as decreases the risk of heart disease, diabetes and gall bladder disease. Particularly appreciable is red wine for it is a fine antioxidant.
6) Skip carbs to stay slim: Fad diets can be of temporary help. Carbohydrates or carbs are important for the body’s overall wear and tear. Carbs must not be completely shunned for they give energy.
7) Eat low-calorie to be healthy: When you buy food stuffs that’s labeled 'Low Cal' you're in fact buying junk. Our bodies need the entire food that we're eating in order to digest it and to retain its nutrients properly. If we can't stomach the real product, why not make our own, healthier version, and leave out all of the added sugars and heavy creams?
8) Avoid fat: When we substitute the real deal with toxic fillers in order to create a "fat-free" product, our body isn't getting the nutrition or satiation it's craving, so we keep eating. Don't skimp out or cheat yourself on healthy fats: Go for it!
Click on consult privately to ask me any follow-up questions on this.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.
My last periods date started from 9 oct to 16 oct, me and my boyfriend had done some stuff on 13th of November lyk he rubs his penis on vagina but not inserted by using protection but it tores and we stop nd he did not ejaculate near me but even now my periods not started and some times pain started in my stomach feels like it comes but it is not happening. Also sometimes I miss my periods earlier I am not sure if anything wrong or what, should I have to wait?
From last 3-4 months my mensuration flow is lesser than normal I used to have. Even on initial days I don't bleed much though pain is normal. Is something serious? Why is this happening?
I am trying to get pregnant but not happening we did thyroid checking and it found to be normal. Then did follicular study and it's found to be 19 mm ,24 mm and 24 mm on 10 ,12 and 14 th day respectively and on 14th day endometrial thickness is 8 mm. Semen analysis also showing normal result. And I took duphaston from 05.01 to 14 .01.17 and on 17.01 brown spotting as well as very light flow occurring .actually my regular period expected to be happening in tha same day itself. But actually 1st day itself I have good flow and continue up to 5th days. Then what is the reason for brown spotting. And I did unprotected sex from 28.12 to 4.01.
From 2-6-2015 I taken 5 times unwanted 72 .but before 4 months I hadn't taken tablet. I want to keep pregnancy in this month .but is any side effects of that tablets effect now ?please tell me. Thanks and regards.
- You will be more than satisfied with your sex life if you start practicing yoga.
- Yoga will heighten your senses. Do Surya-Namesake daily to enhance your overall body.
- Yoga helps in breathing, which in turn helps you to get less exhausted while having sex.
- Yoga increase your energy level and over all fitness level which in turn enhances your sexual life.
- Improves sexual stamina.
- It will help you to harness you sexual power and direct it in the right way.
- Yoga will also help you to enhance your libido.
- There are special asanas for enhancing your sexuality in yoga like the lotus position, Halasana, Sirsana, etc.
- Yoga cures all kinds of sexual problems.Yoga helps in incorporating new sexual positions in the bedroom.
- Yoga also helps in improving sexual organs and increasing sex drive.
Sir/mam, Meri Friend h jo unmarried h, age uski 21 year hai. 2 month se uske period me thodi problem aa rhi hai, period aata to h but 2 day me end normally aata hai. But bs 2 day k liye. Constripation ki v problem hai isi ki wjah se. Sir/mam ,plz koi uchit slah dijiye & koi bdi problem to nhi hai na? Jiski wjah se aisa ho rha please details answer dijiye.
Hi! My height is 5ft. My weight is 55kg & age is 21 years. My breast size is too big. So it looks very bad. How can I get a perfect shape?
What are the possible effects and side effects if one consuming the following dose combined of 15 drops twice a day for a period of 2.5 years Cistus Canadensis 1m HECLA LAVA 1m Conium 30.
Suggest a effective cream for which gives instant relief from stomach pain and which is safe during pregnancy.
I am 31 years old female. I married in 2016 july, after 1 month of marriage I got pregnant but we did not want baby so I abort it, and then use condoms. Now we are trying for baby from last 2 month but not conceive. Please suggest what should we do.
If your child develops an eating disorder, you might be unsure about how to solve the problem and how to act on it. Eating disorders occur when your child tends to either eat in excess, or eats too less. The behavior of your child is also subjected to change because of an eating disorder. It is likely for him to get withdrawn, rude, and touchy. This makes it difficult for you to deal with them at a time when communication is necessary. Here are some essential tips that you should follow in dealing with eating disorders in children:
- You should get advice about how to talk to your child. It will help you in realizing that your child is likely to be defensive as their eating disorder is a form of coping. Hence, it is normal for a child to be reluctant about letting go of it. If your child is undergoing treatment, the treatment team has a vital role to play. However, your constant love and support are also very important.
- It is important to talk to your child about the condition, even though he cannot accept that he is having a problem. Communication is an essential part of treatment, which you should never ignore. You should not blame or judge your child, and refer proper resources to him. You have to be prepared for a negative response from your child.
- You should educate yourself properly about your eating disorder. Abstain from talking to your child about his appearance, even in the form of a compliment. Use ways for boosting your child’s self-esteem and confidence.
- Abstain from referring to weight problems and diets followed by other people. You need to assure your child that you will be there for him, no matter what. You should talk to him about activities he should get involved in, in a positive tone and approach.
- Coping with the meal times of your child suffering from an eating disorder is very important as well. Consult your child’s treatment team to know about ways of arranging your meal times ideally.
- Take your child out for shopping and agree on having meals that are acceptable, from both your and his end.
- You should have an agreement with your whole family regarding meals, which will help to set the expectations of everybody. Agree on not talking about fat content, calorie content, or portion sizes during meals.
- You must abstain from consuming low calorie food items in front of them. Try to keep the meal time atmosphere positive and light hearted. Do not focus on others during meal times and teach your child to concentrate on his own meal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.