Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Arun KumarYour feedback matters!
I am habituated to eat raw rice frequently. Am trying to control my habit but am not able to do so. Y? Is that any kind of deficiency or something else? How could I get out of this? Is this habit going to harm my health in any stage?
Hi i Am have a problem of not getting regular periods I get periods yearly two time I have done all tests but no use please you suggest me.
My mom is 39 years old. She has undergone'hysterectomy' 4 and a half months before. Just below the umbilicus, she is experiencing pain. When she reached out to the doctor who had done her operation, she said its just an intestinal infection. Please give me your suggestions on this.
I am 26 years old married women did not have sex from last week but have swelling and pain in my vagina and discharge water is also coming out. please tell y this is happening. Give solution.
Fluid retention is a crushing problem faced by many across the world. The condition can be well understood by paying close attention to its name; the propensity of the human body to store water or fluids in general in the tissues leading to a swollen and bloated appearance can be referred to as 'fluid retention', edema or hydropsy. An observant person must have seen signs of fluid retention in people around. The condition usually surfaces in the form of swollen limbs that can result in soft depressed pits on the application of slightest pressure. Your arms, legs, feet and joints such as the ankles and wrists are more prone to the effects of edema.
The various ways in which fluid retention can be disastrous for your body have been laid down here:
1. Edema can impair your ease while walking. A person goes through so much of pain that walking becomes more of a challenge; limping comes naturally in such a situation. Thus, your gait can completely change under the effect of fluid retention.
2. Fluid retention in the joints can make your joints excessively stiff. It therefore prevents free movement, stretching or bending.
3. There can be alterations in the texture and health of your skin over the affected area. It may turn tender and may itch intermittently.
4. Skin ulcers are also a common phenomenon among patients of edema. Ulcers in the skin are hard to remedy and it is hence best to curb the possibility of their development.
5. Tissues that now have a higher content of fluids are larger in size and face friction between one another. This leads to scarring of tissues.
6. Improper blood circulation is a condition that comes along with edema. The blood vessels narrow down when tissues swell up. As a result, there is a sharp decrease in the amount of blood circulated throughout one's body.
7. Veins, arteries and joints lose their inherent elasticity in this case. Subsequently, expansion and contraction of joints may not take place involuntarily and may thus cause immense discomfort. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Do's for knee pain:
1. Make a habit of walking for 15-20 minutes twice a day.
2. Apply hot pack in painful area for 10-15 minutes.
3. Start taking calcium reach foods in diet such as milk, paneer etc.
4. Try using knee cap or knee braces if there is pain while walking.
5. Maintain normal healthy weight.
Dont's for knee pain:
1. Avoid running in high speed.
2. Avoid sitting cross legged.
3. Avoid sitting in low height chair.
4. Try to avoid stair climbing.
Also consider for physiotherapy exercises guided by physios for better results if the pain persists.
I am 19years old female. 7years ago I have hurted my left leg near ankle while playing. But still my ankle and my knee keeps on swelling. Specially during my periods and when I walk too much.
My sister in law was affected with chicken pox now she was pregnant 21st week running is it will effect the child.
My wife is having high BP from her first pregnancy which is happened 3 years before. Now she is taking Telma 40 on daily night. Now we are planning for 2nd kid so what are the complications for her in conceiving 2nd kid. Kindly suggest us. Note Latest BP reading: 160/80 Weight: 95kgs Age: 29.
My wife is facing some issues, 1. No period are coming since 5 month, we checked from doctor. Doctor suggest some tests, 1. Thyroid - Normal, 2. TSH- 1.830, 3. HB- 09.8 4. S. Protactinium - 8.87 5. Sugar - Fasting - 98 and post-postprandial - 120 6. Pregnancy Test - Negative Doctor Prescribe her - Yamini LS and Feronia-XT. Taking mechanic but no results are coming. Her age is 36, Pls. Help What to do in cause.
Hi This related to my wife pregnancy problem. We already taken personal consultant with our local doctor about her pregnancy on 02.01. 2016 and found in OVARIES - ovaries both ovaries contain multiple small follicles in the periphery. Impression polycystic ovaries She got married with me on 08.06. 2015 and she will be looking for baby but still now her pregnancy not standing because of this problem we consulted doctor and found above problem. Doctor has been suggested for this tablets for 3 month and tablets name XFERT-MF and Mr. MET 500mg now almost over 2month 10 day ago. But still her pregnancy not standing. But she wants to baby. Please suggest me on this problem Regards Jayavardhan Behalf on my wife.
Mera pregnency ka 7 month chal raha he. Meri dadi bol rahi he k 7 month par isbgol khana chahiya to. Aapki ray kya he?
Hello doctor. .I am 34 weeks pregnant with my second child.i had a csection and an open surgery for an ectopic pregnancy 4 years back...what are my chances of having a VBAC...my doc says there is a risk in waiting post 37 weeks. I am confused as I want to try. For a normal delivery...baby is now in position....please suggest...
My wife's have last period is 16th March. We have doing unprotected sex on 19th March and after that she take I pill on that day. On 26th March her period is start for one day. On 30th March again her period start for the half day. Her period didn't start. Today she will check her pregnancy with prega news and result is negative and we have again unprotected sex today. Is there any chance to pregnant? Can she use again I pill? When she get her period?
My wife admit in hospital and baby done stool in UTERUS doctors tell me immediate operation. So in how many time operation done and it is wrong step or right. Please sir or madam tell me immediate.
Ever increasing temperature during summers make it very essential to be hydrated with lots of fluids taken in a frequent interval. Proper hydration not only helps general health, it also helps the oral health by maintaining right moisture in the mouth. Natural juices like tender coconut, buttermilk, lassi etc make good choices while carbonated drinks should be avoided.