Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gastroenterologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
From last 10 to 20 day im facing digestion problem. It might be office work stress issue I think it also effect my body so please give valuable advice.
Dyspepsia is an uncommon word, but a very common problem. This medical condition is more commonly known as indigestion of the stomach and small intestine. The symptoms of this condition include abdominal pain, bloating, belching, nausea and a loss of appetite. They come and go varying terms of frequency and intensity.
Some of the common causes of dyspepsia are lactose intolerance, anxiety, regurgitated stomach juices, stomach ulcers, irritable bowel syndrome and excessive caffeine or alcohol intake. In most cases dyspepsia can be easily treated with home remedies. You can also take the package for Eating Right.
Here are the 5 best ways to treat it:
- Lemon juice: Lemon juice cleanses the digestive system by flushing out waste material and undigested food. It also inhibits the formation of acids in the stomach and boosts appetite. Dilute the juice of 1 lemon in a glass of water to avail its benefits. You could also add half a teaspoon of fresh ginger juice to this. Ginger also aids in digestion and prevents flatulence.
- Buttermilk: Buttermilk has cooling properties and helps calm the stomach and intestines. It is also suitable for people who are lactose intolerant. Drink a glass of buttermilk immediately after a meal to improve your digestion. You could also flavor it with roasted cumin powder or mint. Mint also helps in relieving indigestion and prevents buildup of gases in the stomach while cumin stimulates the secretion of pancreatic enzymes.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is the best remedy for any stomach bug. It is rich in probiotics that help restore balance healthy gut bacteria and stabilize digestion. Yogurt can be had as an accompaniment to your meals or mixed with steamed rice to make it a meal in itself.
- Fenugreek: Fenugreek boosts appetite and helps relieve indigestion. This herb is known for its soothing properties that cleanse the digestive system. Fenugreek leaves can be bitter and unpalatable. Hence, to benefit from this, boil the leaves and then lightly fry them in butter before eating them.
- Pomegranate juice: Pomegranate juice is an excellent way to treat indigestion and diarrhea. Its antioxidant properties also make it a good remedy for heartburn. To benefit from pomegranate juice, dilute the juice of a pomegranate in a glass of water along with a tablespoon of honey.
Along with this, also take a look at your eating habits. Avoid eating on the move and chew your food properly. Eat only when you are hungry and control your portion sizes. Lastly, make the time to exercise for half an hour or so every day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gastroenterologist and ask a free question.