Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Antony Josy MiraYour feedback matters!
I want to get pregnant in next few months. I want to understand diet chart to get followed to make my body compatible for the change. Pls suggest a proper diet plan.
My neighbour has problem in conceive, he tried to cure her wife and himself but unfortunately after marriage of ten years he had not got success. Now we are planning for test tube or sarogesy .kindly suggest best and cheapest centre in central India.
There are three main types of eating disorders. These are bulimia nervosa, anorexia nervosa and binge eating. Anorexia nervosa is an exaggerated fear of gaining weight all the way to the point when the patient becomes abnormally thin. Bulimia nervosa is eating too much and then vomiting it out on a regular basis. Binge eating is when an individual eats an excessive amount of food in one go. All three types of eating disorders have adverse effects on pregnancy.
Here is how eating disorders affect pregnancies:
1. Unplanned pregnancies: Women with eating disorders are much more likely to have an unplanned pregnancy. This is true both for women who had eating disorders in the past as well as women who have eating disorders at the moment. In a study by University College London and King's College London consisting of 11000 women showed, only 28% of women reported that they had an unplanned pregnancy without suffering from any eating disorder as compared to the 41% who did have an eating disorder at some point in their life. The reason for this is that women tend to think that they do not need contraceptives due to an irregular menstrual cycle, which is one of the consequences of eating disorders during pregnancy.
2. Happiness about their pregnancy: The same survey of 11000 women conducted by University College London and King's College London reported that 71% of women were happy about their pregnancies. However, the number would have been a lot higher if there were fewer women with eating disorders. It has been said that 10% of women were unhappy to discover they were pregnant, if they had an eating disorder in the past as compared to 4% who never had an eating disorder.
3. Consider pregnancy a 'personal sacrifice': It has also been said that women who have had or have eating disorders during or before their pregnancy tend to consider pregnancy as a 'personal sacrifice' much more often than women who have no history or eating disorders.
Even though mostly, eating disorders affect pregnant women mentally rather than physically, it is crucial that women try to fix this problem before their pregnancy so they actually can enjoy having a baby.
men have emotions too they don't express often they hate beiy ridicule or seen as weak. Sssss it's true that girl s aren't always the only victim at the end of a relationship. Men also have insecurities too. Men need me me time as well sometimes they want to be left alone needing time by themselves or just to chill out with friends.
I just got married. My husband asked me that on the day of 1st night I did not bleed .so he said i'm not genuine. Is it compulsory to be bleed.
Hii My period delayed 7 days last month I have done one time sex with precaution now I confused I am pregnant or not I am in noida and my husband is doing job in bangalore in last month period blood flow was too low and also I am not feeling I am pregnant please suggest which medicine should I take for immediate period please help.
I am 27 years old woman. I feel very heat in my vagina. And sometimes white discharge occur. What should i do?
Sir/mam I have my period on 28-6-2016 bot its 29-7-2016 period is late, I had sex with my hubby in 23-7-2016, was I am pregnant or what ?i am too worried pls give some solution.
Hello, need urgent suggestion. I am 7 months pregnant and have gestational thyroid. Taking 75 thyroxine. But today by mistake instead of 75 I have taken 100 .now I am scared to death that I have done smthng thats going to harm my baby badly. please plz please suggest something.
I am aged 73 and my wife is aged 67. My wife has pacemaker and also had some skin rashes around her vaginal area. For the year or so she is getting affected by urinary infections. She has undergone for treatments for the same. We have sexual intercourse ones a fortnight or a month. After the intercourse her urinary infections seem to get repeated. What can be done to overcome the problem.
My wife is 32 years old. She is pregnant now .during these days of first trimester. She is suffering from excessive vomiting. M medicines doxyla+b6, ondansetron,all ayurvedic treatments etc not effective, even juices r also vomited. please suggest.
Hello doctor, I have unicornuate uterus n two ovaries uterus size is 7.9x3.6x2.8 n is it proper size for getting pregnant. Please guide me.
I am 28 years old female and I had C-section for my First delivery. I want the next one should be normal delivery, so for that how much gap should I take.
I'm Jamuna, 25 years old. Im a dentist. I got married to my cousin (paternal ) on August 29, 2014. Its going to be 2 years on coming 29th. I've already diagnosed with Pcos. I have been taking medicines for almost 3 years even before my wedding (metformin, normoz, fertisure ) & went for follicular study once. But there was no use till now . I weigh 92 KGS. I gained weight suddenly becoz of d accident (Head injury due to major trauma) (Intracranial hemorrhage ). I met during my final year. Before that I was normal weighing 70 KGS. Due to the weight gain I got irregular periods. After that I was diagnosed with pcos. I'm very much depressed. I can't concentrate on anything. People who got married after my wedding like my friends, relatives are blessed with children. My husband doesn't know that I have pcos. I feel like dying every moment I go out. I'm very embarrassed in meeting people. If anyone asks about child to me & my husband, we can't able to face them .Is there any good way for us . I'm not interested in IVF or any those technology.
Here are reasons why it is so good -
1) it does wonders to your skin - water has the ability to purge all the toxins from your blood, thus keeping your skin clear. Not only this, it also adds that natural glow to your skin to keep it shining and smooth.
2) it purifies your colon - when you wake up, you are on an empty stomach and consuming a glass or two of water at this time ensures that your colon is completely purified. As a result, your body can easily absorb more nutrients and get a health boost.
3) aids in cell production - drinking water first thing in the morning has been found to aid to a large extent in the production of new blood cells as well as muscle cells.
4) it can help you lose weight - studies have proven that drinking water in the morning can greatly aid in your weight loss program. This is due to the fact that water increases the metabolism of your body to a considerable extent. According to research, 16 ounces of chilled water can bring your metabolism up by a good 24 percent.
5) it keeps your lymph system in perfect balance - lymph glands are responsible for performing a number of basic functions of your body such as building immunity against various infections, maintaining balance of body fluids etc. Drinking water early in the morning helps keep your lymph system working in a healthy and regular manner.
If you have any further questions, ask me by clicking on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.