Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anand
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Forgetfulness
Treatment of Epilepsy
Treatment of Tremors
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Schizophrenia
Treatment of Brain Injury
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease
Treatment of Hyperactivity Disorder
Treatment of Paralysis
Treatment of Hyperactivity
Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
Treatment of Meningitis
Treatment of Stroke
Treatment of Seizures
Treatment of Parkinson's Disease
Submit a review for Dr. AnandYour feedback matters!
Hi Suffering from peripheral neuropathy last 25 yrs. Would like to know if curable. 75 yrs. Age. Not diebatic. Everything normal. Sponginess and less sensation in feet. Keep falling without support.
Sir, I am feeling uneasy when I am talking to our seniors And feeling problem in discuss any senior person or matter. My right hand vibrate when I am writing in a special paper i. E. When I am signing in cheque and other papers.
My mother in law has been suffering from hands shaking for a month. And today she is feeling sleeping sickness. She has been sleeping since last night with small gap. She awakes for a little while. Please suggest what should do?
Hi my father is 71 years old he has parkinson plus for last 3 years now he is mostly on bed n he has anxiety ,aggressive, does not understand things, disoriented, bahut vahami ho gaye hai should I be mentally prepared for my fathers death in 2 years.
I met with an accident in 2012 and in that accident the calcanious bone was fractured after operation one week later it got infected and gangarin developed in my feet so doctor removed the infected calcanious bone and all the infected tissues from my feet and after that they have done skin transplant in the feet by taking skin from the thigh to cover the open wound now it is completely covered and healed but my problem is there is no flesh in feet around the calcanious bone region only skin is there over the feet bone so I can't give any pressure on my right foot and cannot walk in bare foot, even don't have sensation in that area also. I walk now although I limp with the help of applying soft silicon gel in my sock and wearing shoe but always had a fear that my skin in lower feet will be damaged or get cut while walking and I won't be able to know as I dnt have sensation in that area as it happened 2-3 times earlier also and then the slight cut took weeks to heal also and by that time I couldn't wear anything on my feet so that it will dry up and heal. Now I want to know is there any permanent solution through any further surgery possible so that I will have sensation in my feet back and can walk without any fear.
Autism spectrum disorders are a group of severe neurological and developmental disorders which begin in early childhood and can last throughout a person’s life. It affects the ability to interact with others and also hinders communication and well as learning ability. A proper health center can diagnose the presence of autism spectrum disorder early on. Many tests are available for evaluation and diagnosis as it is a range of disorders which can have a variety of symptoms. The environment and genetics also play a role in the development of autism spectrum disorder but the exact cause of autism spectrum disorder is not yet known.
Symptoms of autism spectrum disorder:
- Your child may not be able to respond when called by his or her name by 12 months age.
- Will avoid eye contact and also have the desire to stay alone.
- Have trouble understanding or relating to other people or talk about their own feelings.
- Delayed speech and language skills which would affect the ability to speak.
- Show unusual reaction to sound, smell, taste or feelings.
- Answering questions with unrelated answers that have no meaning or link.
- Prefer to play alone and would avoid physical contact.
Diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder:
- Comprehensive Diagnostic Evaluation – The behavior of your child and development is first studied by the doctor in detail. The tests include genetic testing, neurological testing, hearing and vision testing among others. Doctors may also suggest other specialized tests in certain cases.
- Developmental Screening – The development of your child’s basic learning skills with respect to the age is checked. The doctor checks for some delays in the progress and will also monitor movement, behavior and speaking progress of the child. Some additional checks are also done for low birth weight, premature birth among other things.
- Applied behavioral analysis – This is a notable treatment and widely accepted by doctors all over the world. ABA is known to encourage positive behaviors and improves a variety of skills in a child.
- Occupational Therapy – Teaches the skills to live independently like eating, dressing and social skills. This can help people afflicted by autism spectrum disorders to lead a normal life within the society and thus relate to as well as interact with other people.
- Speech therapy – It improves and focuses primarily on communication skills and also uses picture boards and gestures to improve the abilities and induce learning skills.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi Excessive saliva because of Parkinson's for 2 yrs. She uses tissue paper every minute. How to fix this problem.
I recently read that researchers believe certain foods might cure Alzheimer’s disease. Is this true? If so, which foods do this and how much would you have to consume to get the benefits?
Hi, I am Dr Jeetu Mishra Physiotherapist and Chiropractor. I passed out in 2004 and being practicing in Delhi since 2005. My speciality is with the back, neck and spine. We usually see fitness people related with the sports injuries and we have been dealing that since 2006 onwards, I worked initially with team, team tennis and other sports. I myself have been a runner and a exercise enthusiast, we have clinic here in Arjun Nagar which is facing Defence Colony we provides services related to healing which involves cupping, massage, spinal adjustment and Physiotherapy treatments. We primarily focus on the back and the shoulder which are the most common injuries which sportsmen suffer. These days we see huge increase in the sports injuries due to the peer pressure on the people they tend to gain huge weight, they tend to lift huge weights during the exercise, they attend to injured themselves more often and then they turn up, usually they turn up late in the 30 or early 40’s. These days we see very often with the complaining of the back pain because of the sedentary lifestyle and there exercising habits. We tell them to lower down the weight, go easy on the exercise and tell them to go more on the stretches, when we find there have been tightness or the misalignment, imbalance in their back, we tried release them to my official release needling, cupping and the massage. We often use different other methods as well, we find the swelling persisting and we trying to do that by laser or electric therapy, ultrasound, long wave these are the gadgets we very often used in our treatment. We also work manually, we have team of doctors who work expertise for last 10 to 15 years got experience hands we can palpate the insufficiency, palpate the tightness, we can examine the limpness capacity usually seen a lot of tightness in the lower body and the upper body the function movements are restricted these days people tend to use more of the unnatural moments in the gyms. They tend to force themselves using those unnatural moments and then they get injured. Lack of mobility is the biggest cause of the injuries again what we see, we tend to tell them, to correct them and we trying heal them naturally. We don't believe in medication, we try in healing them naturally we are complete no-no for the medication. Until it is must for anyone and we asked them to follow their physician what kind of medication they have to take, we focus truly on the natural healing, we infact try to call ourselves as a healer, manual therapist, physiotherapist, physical therapist these are the things that we often call ourselves. We believe a natural healing is the best way of healing your own body. If you have any queries related to the our services please call us on our numbers, please take up the appointment at the reception and we will help you out with our services. Thank you.