Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. AmudhaYour feedback matters!
What is the problem develop from the drinking of more hardness water in daily routine? My digestive system becomes poor so what can I do?
I have pain in my anus from last 2-3 days 1st day was very painful When I go to bathroom it increases and also having loss motion.
I am a thin person but now due to vacations I'm sitting at home all day so I feel like I'm getting fat. Also I have breathing difficulty like I have to breathe really hard sometimes and sometimes at night my stomach blows out and morning it becomes less. Why is this happening?
I am suffering from the problems of gastrointestinal. Sometimes I suffered from the acidity stomach pain when exceeding. I also have mucus problem in the belly for 2 years. I give some advice. Its get irritating for me.
I am having stool issues since last few months. It always painful and its very solid feels like stones coming out and sometimes causes bleeding in the area. Avoided eating meat and fishes still problem persists. What can I do.
I am not able to sleep properly. Whenever I sleep it looks like the food I ate is coming out some times, sometimes I am burping, so I could not wake up early even at 8 am, so couldn't eat breakfast. But morning sleep is superbly coming. Please help me.
My daughter is diagnosed with gall bladder stones she is 38. She also has gas problem. Wants to avoid surgery. Please advice.
Hello, I want to cure my melasma or hyperpigmentation on face using homeopathy can anyone tell me any medicine on thatlike face wash face cream cleanser etc. I used kojic acid and hydroquinone creams they are quick response but not effective.
Does putting fingers or some type of obstacles in anal good for health or Good for gastric problems?
Diarrhea is a disorder that affects people of all age groups. Medically speaking, Diarrhea is a mechanism that the body uses to eliminate germs from the body. Usually this disorder lasts for a few days to a week. It is usually accompanied by nausea, fever and dehydration.
Children can be affected by diarrhea in a number of ways, some of them are:
- Infections: Various infections, such as the ones caused by rotavirus and salmonella bacteria can lead to diarrhea. Usually diarrhea in children is caused by viruses; if it is viral in nature, then it can also cause stomach cramps, headache and vomiting. It also leads to loss of fluid from the body. Hence, the child's fluid intake should be compensated accordingly. Usually oral rehydration solution that contains nutrient such as potassium and sodium are preferred.
- Medications: Intake of certain medications, such as antibiotics and laxatives can cause diarrhea in children. If the cause is due to antibiotic intake, then you should consult a doctor. The doctor may alter the dosage or ask to increase the child's water intake. Yoghurt may also help ease the symptoms of diarrhea if it is caused by antibiotics.
- Food poisoning: Diarrhea may also result from food poisoning; symptoms of this type usually disappear quickly. Along with loose and watery stools, the child may vomit frequently.
The major complication that results from diarrhea is dehydration. Severe dehydration may lead to severe brain damage and seizures. It may also cause symptoms of dry mouth, fatigue, dizziness and dark yellow urine.
Certain preventive measures are:
- Use your good judgment while eating outside. Do not consume food from places which use unhygienic modes of preparation.
- Make sure your child does not drink contaminated water and there is access to clean and filtered water all the time.
- Your child should be eating a balanced diet that primarily consists of vegetable and fruits. They also help in adding fiber to the diet that keeps your bowels healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.