Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Albert Paul
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Albert PaulYour feedback matters!
Homeopathic medicine is the field of science that involves the production of medicine using natural herbs and other substances. In this, the extracts are obtained from different sources and mixed together in right dosages. These dosages are prescribed by homeopathic doctors since they are able to understand how each extract serves a different purpose, and that they would be effective in their action only if they are combined in the correct proportion. An increase or decrease in the level used can render a homeopathic medicine ineffective or make it harmful for the body. Along with the medicines, doctors also usually suggest some dietary precautions that need to be followed. And here is a list of some food items that the doctors advise their patients to stop taking while undergoing homeopathic treatment.
Food items to avoid
It is said that each food item has a power and effectiveness level of its own and needs to be taken in certain quantities so that you can enjoy its full benefits. This is also one of the major reasons why people who are taking homeopathic medicines are advised to avoid a few food items that might be a regular part of their diet, in order to make sure that that particular food does not interfere with the action of the medicines. This is true in cases where, some foods with strong odour or taste can hinder the medicine's action by overpowering its effectiveness.
So here is what you should avoid:
- Drinking alcohol, chewing tobacco and smoking must not be continued when you are taking homeopathic medicines.
- Most doctors advise the patients not to take coffee, garlic and mint leaves, since these have strong odours and tastes. But coffee at times may not be restricted, since in few medicines, coffee beans are used for grinding the crude extract.
- Non vegetarian foods might have to be avoided during the time period of medication if so advised.
- Sour foods like sour fruits or sour curd must be avoided in case you are taking medicines for skin disorders.
- Spicy and oily foods and other foods that give out a pungent smell must be avoided if medicines are being taken for gastric problems.
- Artificially treated foods and foods made with preservatives need to be avoided, if the person has to take the medicines for kidney problems like kidney stones and renal failure.
- Patients who are taking medicine for diabetes must avoid drinking aerated drinks.
Generally, people are told to take their meals at the right time and no irregularity must set in when it comes to this.