Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ajay Chandrasekar
Submit a review for Dr. Ajay ChandrasekarYour feedback matters!
Hello sir im finding very difficult in eating food and at night times the food was not getting digest to me so please can you tell me any solution for some times in the morning motions are happening.
I am 26 now. Male.last 2 months I am affected by severe gastric problem. And also cause insomnia due to gastric. How could I over come from this problem.
My ecg in short pr interval 108. Pain in left chest. Any problem short pr interval for heart Acidity.
I had piles and fissure operation before 8 months and after this I am not having proper smooth toilet many times. Due to this, I need to take Isapgol husk powder to make toilet smooth. If I avoid taking this powder then toilet is not getting smoother and due to this I can have fissure from outside. Please tell me what should I do here? What care I need to take to avoid this issue? Thanks in advance!
I am 22 years old and I have dull skin and acne marks. Can I have glycolic acid peel? What will be the cost of glycolic acid peel.
Hi, my husband, who is of 33 years old, is suffering with gastrouble. When we consulted a doctor, we came to know that he has fatty liver and high cholestrol levels. Could you please tell me what all precautions can take to control the same? also please explain the diet which we can follow? thanks in advance.
Hi Sir, My fatty liver with sgpt count 96 and sgot 53. I have consulted with a liver specialist. He advised me to go for Ultrasound scan in that I got grade 2 fatty liver. In the mean time I have started strict diet that I fully stopped intake of sugar, bakery items, deep fries and reduced all cereals to 1/4th quantities. Then After a week, my new blood report shows SGPT 71 and SGOT 42, then After a week, my new blood report shows SGPT 48 and SGOT 31 now what is the condition of my liver.
I have an gall stone of 10mm and bcz of this I feel very tired and weak so what to do. Is operation remove gall bladder.
Peptic ulcer disease is a form of disease in which painful sores or ulcers are developed in the lining of the stomach or in the duodenum, which is the first part of the small intestine. Complications include severe blood loss and perforation of the stomach and intestines.
What can cause peptic ulcers?
Ulcers occur due to the imbalance of digestive fluids in the stomach or duodenum. Usually, ulcers are caused by the infection due to bacteria known as Helicobater pylori.
Here are the factors which may lead to peptic ulcer:
- One can use painkillers, which are known as nonsteroidal, anti-inflammatory drugs, by the likes of aspirin, naproxen, ibuprofen and several others.
- These kinds of ulcers may also occur due to excessive production of acid from gastrinomas.
- Excessive alcohol consumption may also cause peptic ulcer.
- Smoking cigarettes and chewing tobacco may cause such ulcers.
- Sometimes serious illness may cause peptic ulcer as well.
- Radiation treatment of the affected area may also lead to peptic ulcer.
What are its signs and symptoms?
There are several symptoms of peptic ulcer. They include the following:
- People experience a sensation of burning or gnawing pain in the upper or middle part of the stomach, between meals and during night time.
- Bloating is experienced.
- A feeling or sensation of heartburn.
- Nausea and vomiting are likely to be accompanied.
- In severe cases of peptic ulcer, dark or black stool is produced because of bleeding.
- The patient may vomit blood.
- Weight loss and abdominal pain are indicated, especially in the upper to mid abdomen region.
- Indigestion and change in appetite are also noticed.
- There is pain in the chest.
How to treat them?
Peptic ulcers can be treated in various ways, which include medication, lifestyle changes or surgery.
1. Lifestyle changes: Elimination of substances which lead to peptic ulcer should be avoided. Smoking and drinking should be restricted. Certain NSAIDS may lead to ulcer, and they should be stopped.
2. Medication: Proton pump inhibitors help in reducing acid levels, which allow healing of the ulcer. Different types of PPI are esomeprazole, dexlansoprazole, omeprazole, pantoprazole and iansoprazole.
Several antibiotics may also be used when a patient has helicobacter pylori infection. Several combinations of antibiotics may be used for the treatment. Bismuth may be used as well.
Upper endoscopy can be done as a part treatment of ulcer to cure bleeding ulcers. In case the ulcer creates a hole in the stomach’s wall, surgery is required. Peptic ulcer is a serious health condition and if not treated properly, it can cause several health hazards. There are several treatment options for peptic ulcer, and you should opt for the one that suits you the best.