Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Abdul RahimYour feedback matters!
Kyun aise ho raha hai mere wife ka unko latrine bhi nahi ho raha hai aur pet me gas bhi hai aur wo 9 months pregnency bhi hain. please help
I am 56 years old male. Height 168 cms. Weight 75 kgs I have fatty liver grade 1.I am vegetarian. Pl suggest a diet for reducing 7 kgs as told by my doctor. Tks.
I am an 65 yrs old male having problem of gas, costipation, irregular motion use isabgole, pentocid, please advise I am purely vegetarien.
I have acidity problem from last 2-3 years what can do? Please tell me am very disturbed from this please help me out.
सर मेरे पीछले आठ दिनो से शौच करते समय खून आ रहा है मेने आयुर्वेदिक और अेलोपेथिक दवाएं ली लेकिन उसका कोई खास असर नही हुआ लेकिन शौच करने के बाद मेरे पेट के उपर वाले भाग मे जलन होती है बाकी किसी भी तरह का कोई भी जलन या तकलीफ नही है कृपया खून रोकने का इलाज बतावे और आखिर समस्या कया है
I am feeling shy saying this but anyway I will say it. I eat much when the food is tasty be it the restaurant, party or something special made by my mom. And to feel good I take vit c 500mg which gives the support. And then I ask myself would the stomach digest it? Is it allowed to take vit c 500mgright after heavy eating like churna. Hehe. What are the tips to cleanse liver and kidney which seems to me the supreme commanders of the body.
Hi I observed intestinal infection since yesterday. I went bathroom immediately I take meals. Plus I used to be prone to this problem. I think my stomach is not healthy bcuz since two days sour liquid piped out up to throat three to four times. And my tongue tastes bad. I talked yesterday tablet ciplox-tz and now I take nuflox-od. Can u. Suggest me. A. Medicine that can make my stomach healthy and strong and medicine that make my intestine healthy?
I am too much worried about my digestive n excretory system. I am being used to go for latrine 3 or 4 times a day which is not normal sign. What should I do?
He is feeling pain after motion. Some time but during motion no pain occurred. No bleeding comes during motion. What we have to do?
I have migraine what should do for its permanent solution pls tell me during headache I feel vomiting and acidity too.
I am suffering some stomach problem like if I ate anything it's not digest probably and than its create Acidity problem. Also facing urine problem.
I am 29 years old. Whenever I eat spicy iteams, nect day I will go motion many times, and also frequent urination, this is making me difficult to travel in bus, even if I have 2 plates of masala poori the next day motion I go many times, any remedies for this, please let me know.
Doctor I am 17+ years old suffering from pimples problem, rashes, dark spot on my face, I also have stomach problem, and digestion problem please advice me. Glad to you doctor.
I am 40 year male,have hyperacidity,and bowel moment is freaquent at least 3-4 times a day.Sufferring with hyperthyroid,taking thyrox .75 mcg,esomeprazole 20 mg daily.Diet is normal. No fatty food i am taking,only home made simple food i take but growing weight .I am 74 kg with 5 feet 7 inces hight which is high about 10 kg. Please suggest.
I am having acidity problem from last one month. Earlier I thought it is due to improper diet but from last week I am following proper diet n on time. Avoiding rice n potato too. Bt still m facing the problem. Plzz suggest me something.
My wife is facing back pain problem from 1 year, her body temperature is high during night hours also having indigestion problem. Nodes forming and dissolving in both breast after menstrual cycle every month, mammography has been done doctor said it is normal.
I have a problem with my pee, with a lot frequency everyday. I do not consume caffeine. Its happen everyday, since about 1 month ago, after my bladder infection cure. Wht must I do? Thanks.
A fairly common disorder, which affects the intestines, irritable bowel syndrome affects many adults across the world. If you are suffering from this disorder then you would have problems with bowel movements, mostly the irregularity of it. Sometimes you may suffer from constipation, other times you may suffer from diarrhea and the type of stool will also vary often between thin and hard or soft and liquid.
Common symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome
Some of the common symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome or IBS are as follows:
1. Constipation or diarrhea, the latter of which can become quite severe during certain episodes
2. Gas or bloating which can make you uncomfortable
3. Cramping around the stomach area especially the lower belly which tends to become worse after having food and better after bowel movements
4. Quality of stools may vary quite a lot from time to time such as very hard to lose
5. Stomach may start sticking out and become misshapen
6. May also come with sexual as well as urinary problems
Causes of Irritable bowel syndrome
The causes for irritable bowel syndrome vary from person to person. This disorder usually has triggers and yours may be different from someone else suffering from the same problems. However some general triggers and causes could be:
1. Hormonal problems - This is especially the case with women who tends to suffer From IBS more than men. Hormonal changes in the body such as before and after pregnancy and menopause or periods are known to be common.
2. Dietary causes-This is one of the major external triggers that have been reported by people. A variety of foods are known to have triggered or cause IBS. Some of the foods that have been implicated are beans, chocolate, cauliflower, cabbage or milk among many others.
3. Underlying illnesses - Sometimes IBS itself may be a symptom of a larger underlying problem such as gastrointestinal disorders, such as bacterial overgrowth and gastroenteritis.
4. Mental health and Stress issues - People going through psychological stress such as before exams or reviews have known to have IBS as stress becomes a trigger in their case. If you have mental health issues in the long run, these are also known to trigger or cause IBS.
Some of the treatment options for IBS are:
II. Mental health counseling
IV. Medications for bowel spasms
V. Medications for diarrhea or constipation
VI. Specialized medications for IBS for other underlying conditions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.