Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. A.SureshYour feedback matters!
My mother has asthama problem since quute some years she is 84 recently she has difficulty breathing specially walking short distances. Now she is uneasy lying on back wants to be seated in 5 min interval. She has not been on any drug or steriods. Just started her on asthalin using nebuliser. Also she keeps clearing throat if lying on back. What shouldd I give her so she get easy and can comfortably breathe lying on back. Does not need to clear throat.
I am 32 years old male, I was sick from pas 7 month taken lots of medicine then finally done a ct scan it showing segmental bronchiectasis changes are seen in lingula. Mild dilatation of bronchiole is also seen in right middle lobe. Small calcified nodule is seen in posterior segment of left upper lobe. Doctor given the medicine, relief 1 month but still paining sometime in front left chest and back chest side. Small blood in spit and nose. What to do Pls revert.
I'm suffering for dry cough from last two weeks, and I have another problem, I getting weak, please tell me the resolution sir. Have a great day.
My daughter nupur is suffering from dry cough frm last week. I went a clinic and checked her by doc. And complete d medecine. Bt problem is remain pls help me.
I am 25-year-old has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long-term? I heard that using it for years might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true? Are there any vitamins or supplements please help me.
I am really feeling tired now. Days lazy n easily get heavy breathing. Also while having sex I get really tired.
Presently I am suffering from sinus cold ,nose is blocked. I don't know why my ears get blocked both side and this happens to me first time. What should I do now?
I am suffering from pulpitation problem since 1998. For it I take mild anti anxiety medicine. My age is 51 male. I also made thyroid test recently in which tsh label is higher that is 7.8. What should I do now.
I am 62 year old. I got dampness in lungs. If I caugh it is coming upto throad but not coming out of the mouth. Any remedy to it ?
Hello Sir I am 20 years old and I am suffering from Asthma since 3 months. So please give me some suggestions.
Somewhere written that dementia patient cannot take qutan 100 mg tablet because it increases heart disease like heart failure or breathing problem or happens sudden death. I want to known your opinion or suggestions about qutan. It should be given or not to dementia patient Please reply as soon as possible.
I have cough from last 2 weeks I tried lots of syrup but did not get cure please give me some good advise so I will get cure fast.
Sir, actually my hometown is AP and I came to bangalore for studies I met a doctor in AP Because I can not breathe properly when I went to him he said that I have allergic bronchitis I used medicine for only 2 weeks what should I do now I am in bangalore.
The tonsils are soft tissue masses which are located at the back of your throat, usually at the pharynx. The tonsils are masses which are part of the lymphatic system that helps fight infections. However, tonsils can themselves become inflamed and cause a lot of pain. Tonsillectomy is a procedure to remove the tonsils and relieve pain.
Why is tonsillectomy performed?
A few decades back, tonsillectomy was a routine surgery performed to relieve any pain within the tonsils. This method of treatment however has changed over the past few decades as pain medications for inflammation have improved vastly. However, tonsillitis is still performed in many cases wherein it tends to cause acute problems. Some of the cases it is applicable in are:
- Chronic bad breath problems caused by recurrent inflammation of the tonsils
- Recurrent sore throats caused by tonsillitis
- It is also done along with dental surgery for correcting teeth with imperfect positioning
- Abscess formation in the mouth
- Upper airway being obstructed due to inflammation, thus causing difficulty with sleeping, snoring, or causing sleep apnea (irregular breathing during sleep)
- Ear infections being regularly caused by inflammation of the tonsils
Other reasons why it may be recommended
Tonsillectomy may be also be recommended when there are no indications of problems but tonsillitis and other infections keep cropping up too regularly. This affects children and can make them sick or keep them in pain regularly. Some of these other indications are mentioned below:
- Tonsil infections and inflammations happening too frequently within a year
- Tonsillitis is caused by bacterial infection wherein the antibiotics aren’t effective
- Formation of pus in the form of an abscess within or around the tonsils which keep forming even after repeated drainage or administering antibiotics
Possible complications and risks
Like any other form of surgery, tonsillectomy has certain risks associated with it as well. However, these are very rare. Some of these risks and complications are mentioned as follows –
- Swelling of the mouth: The tongue and the soft palate or the roof of the mouth may swell, resulting in breathing difficulties an few hours after the surgery.
- Infection: As is the case with any surgery, infections may occur in rare cases, which may require further treatment.
- Adverse reactions to anesthetics: Many patients exhibit an adverse reaction to anesthetics and may develop symptoms such as a headache, nausea, muscle soreness and frequent vomiting.
- Bleeding during surgery or healing: Although it is rare, bleeding during and after surgery has been reported after all sorts of procedures and it may occur with tonsillectomy as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ENT specialist.