Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. A.SumithaYour feedback matters!
Doctor I have an abortion before few months ago can you suggest me what time is good for my next pregnancy it's was just a partial moll according to doctors.
Hi doc my gf got mc on 4 DEC to 9 DEC it all be fine but now a day she got pain in stomach and vagina she got pain into internal part and get sujan in her vagina.
Monthly date 22oct. Chance to be pregnant. But not white liquid .only normal liquid come out in my Virginia. Two days ago. After sex few blood come out in my wash room. Or pain start on my lower stomach. Wats that.
I am 26 years old and from past one year getting pain below my left breast while having food or drinking and from past one week a little bit like small pieces I am getting bleed from my left nose I am really worried about this can you please suggest me I am very much scared to tell about this things to my family.
I am breastfeeding for my 5 month baby and I am planning to put teeth braces now by extracting teeth. So if I take any pain killer or any medicines will it affect baby?
Beat the heat with raw mango:
- It is excellent for preventing sun stroke.
- Its high vitamin C content helps by increasing immunity and preventing the common summer cold.
- It helps in preventing anaemia, tb and typhoid.
- It is quite rich in fibre helps maintain your digestive sysytem.
- Rich in potassium has the power to keep blood pressure down as well.
- A high potassium and magnesium content helps to prevent acidosis, muscle cramps, stress and heart problems.
Ever wondered how essential your aam ka achaar and kachi kairi (raw mango) ki chutney and panha is in the summer? No wonder the housewives are busy stocking these up! add raw mango to your salad, poha, upma or chew on it raw with a little salt and red chilli powder.
My periods are not proper...they are irregular & just happens for 2 days..that to in. Lesser amount.what should i do.
I am married but my wife not getting pregnant and please help me sir I am twenty six yrs old and I am married four year ago sir please help me
Dear sir/madam Am 28 recently married man. We just completed 5 month even though my partner did not get pregnancy. Please advice us perfect time for having sex to get pregnant quickly.
I gave birth to my baby 2 months ago. Still looks 5 month pregnant and the worst is I feel that air is trapped inside my belly (uterus). Is it normal? Will it go away?
In Ayurveda, vata is considered to be extremely important. It regulates the movements of your body and mind. In the body, large intestine is considered to be the main site of vata as well as in the bone tissue. Therefore, medications which are administered through the rectum affect the bone tissue. Vata maintains and regulates our daily activities, nervous system as well as our excretion. An enthusiastic and a lively mind are all manifestations of a balance of Vata.
Subsequently, its imbalance is considered as detrimental to health. Basti therapy is a treatment that manages the pain and treats the diseases arising from this imbalance. In this, a liquid concoction of sesame oil and other herbs are inserted through the rectum, which in turn treats various ailments arising from the imbalance of vata, such as pain in the joints, in the spine and back as well as painful menstruations.
Before Basti therapy, Abhyangam and Sedanam are practiced. Enema can be assumed, but Basti has power to detox and nourish as well. Yoga Basti for is done for 8 days, Karma Basti for 1 day and Kala Basti for 30 days, or according to the health issues and affected system, in order to drain doshas and nourish dhatus.
There are primarily three types of Basti therapy:
- Uttar Basti
All three of them, individually treat various ailments, some of them are:
- Stiffness in the back and pain in the spine: In this method, pain in the spine and vertebral column are managed and treated. It involves pouring warm, herbal oil on the spinal cord, which is retained by small wells created from flour or gram paste. This method is particularly beneficial for treating back problems. This method nourishes the liquid in the joints that consequently relieves you of the pain.
- Bell's palsy: Bell's palsy is a disease where the muscles on the face become weak or you suffer from a facial paralysis. Basti therapy has proved to be particularly beneficial in treating it. In this, a medicated oil is placed on the head for a specific period of time which helps in treating Bell's palsy as well as any numbness on the face.
- Painful menstruation: Though menstruation is a natural process, most women suffer from extremely painful cramps during this time. Anuvasana therapy is extremely useful in lessening this pain. In this various oils and decoction enema is provided to patients, the consumption of which have resulted in significant improvements. Painful menstruation cramps are also treated by Uttar Basti where medicines are provided through the uterus. This method helps in cleaning the blockages in the uterus as well as providing nourishment to it.
Ailments that accompany monsoon: Though monsoon provides relief from the scorching summer, but at the same time it is accompanied by a host of diseases. With the onset of monsoon and the fall in temperature, there is a tendency for acidity and the vata that was accumulated in summer manifests itself in loss of appetite, indigestion and piles. Basti therapy operates as a corrective for the vata imbalance and treats various digestion related problems. At the same time it also prevents return of the ailments. The oils and decoction used rejuvenates the body and as well as help in regulating the metabolism.