Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. A.SumithaYour feedback matters!
I am 28 years old and married. We are planning for kids. I have some doubts like how often we have to go through intercourse. And do we have doubts like I am not sure whether it got released inside or not. I'm in a doubt that I'm I doing things correct or not. Could you help me on this. Thanks.
Can beer be a healthy drink? Despite the common myths surrounding alcohol consumption and the adverse effects that it has on a person in the long run, a controlled and well-balanced intake of beer is not as bad as it would seem.
Here are a few reasons proving that beer can be healthy for you if taken in the right amount and quantity.
- In comparison to other alcoholic beverages, beer is relatively healthier for your kidneys. As a matter of fact, studies show that a bottle of beer can actually reduce the risk of acquiring kidney stones by up to 40%.
- Fiber, as we all know, plays a vital role in digestion. The presence of up to one gram of soluble fiber in just a 30 ml glass of beer (dark beer, in particular) makes the beverage very beneficial for digestion.
- Fiber present in beer can also help reduce the level of LDL cholesterol (a harmful proponent of cholesterol).
- It has been proved that beer is a rich source of various B vitamins like vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12.
- The presence of both nicotinic acid and Lactoflavin in beer makes it an effective cure for insomnia.
- Beer is also helpful in the prevention of blood clots.
- The presence of high levels of silicon in beer is responsible for bestowing a stronger bone density.
- Studies have concluded that beer can also reduce the risk of suffering a heart attack.
- Unlike their non-drinking counterparts, beer drinkers are less vulnerable of experiencing dementia or Alzheimer's disease.
- Because of the presence of certain vitamins, beer has a ton healthy nourishing benefits for the skin.
- Beer is also useful in fighting against stress.
What are the recommended safe limits of Beer?
- Men should drink no more than 14 units of Beer per week, these units should be spread out through the week and they should have at least two alcohol-free days a week.
- Women should drink no more than 14 units of Beer per week, these units should be spread out through the week and they should have at least two alcohol-free days a week.
- Pregnant women or women trying to conceive should not drink alcohol at all. If they do choose to drink, to minimise the risk to the baby, they should not drink more than 1-2 units of beer once or twice a week and should not get drunk.
- Despite the above people with increased Triglyceride, Uric Acid should be restricted for consumption of alcohol. People with fatty liver patient with other medication for hypertension, etc. also should refrain from drinking.
People with diabetes who drink should follow these alcohol consumption guidelines:
- Do not drink more than two drinks of alcohol in a one-day period if you are a man, or one drink if you are a woman.
- Drink beer only with food.
- Drink slowly.
- Avoid "sugary" mixed drinks, sweet wines, or cordials.
Sir I am getting vomiting when I got a periods can you please tell me why it is happening like that, is it good or bad?
Hello Doctor Just wanted to know What to eat to get fair intelligent and healthy baby I'm 21 weeks pregnant? Please suggest?
You might have come across this word ‘nutraceutical’ and you may have wondered what the meaning of that word is. Nutraceutical may be a food or a part of food that not only provides taste but also provides health benefits, including prevention or treatment of disease. Doesn’t that sound interesting, why we should use those medicines when we have something so natural as our food?
NUTRACEUTICAL= NUTRITION + PHARMACEUTICAL
The first thing that jumps to our mind when we think of wheatgrass is ‘What can a grass do to my body?’ But the truth will blow your mind- wheatgrass is an effective healer because it contains 70% chlorophyll, all minerals known to man and it is loaded with vitamin A, B-complex, C, E and K. it is extremely rich in protein and contains 17 amino acids, the building blocks of protein.
ALOE VERA JUICE
This spiky green gem is a very ancient plant which is known to have medicinal properties. An amazing skin tonic that restores skin’s natural beauty. It also replenishes your body with amino acids. Great source of vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, C, E, folic acid. Aloe Vera is one of the few plants that contains vitamin B12. This doesn’t just end with vitamins but it’s a superb source of minerals like copper, chromium, magnesium, zinc and potassium.
Who doesn’t like the sprinkling of cinnamon on fresh apple or tea? It’s just one of those spices that tastes awesome. But taste is not the only reason to love cinnamon, it has amazing health benefits too. It can cure arthritis, indigestion, heart disease, weight loss, bladder infection, fatigue, tooth ache, cold, upset stomach and cholesterol. Steep in hot water for a cup of cinnamon tea, place on top of your ground coffee before brewing, add to your breakfast oatmeal or toss in while cooking grains like rice or lentils- various ways and countless benefits.
The ‘mother’ of all vinegars- apple cider vinegar has wide-ranging uses which includes everything from curing hiccups to alleviating cold symptoms and many people have turned to apple cider vinegar to help fight diabetes, high cholesterol levels and it aids in weight loss too (thanks to its acetic acid content.) It is a natural cure for a number on ailments such as diabetes, asthma, migraines, blood pressure, arthritis and stomach illnesses.
Triphala, a cornerstone of ayurvedic medicine, is a composite herbal preparation of three fruits- ‘tri’-three ‘phala’-fruits. One of the most important component of triphala is amla or Indian gooseberry which is a tremendous source of vitamin C and a powerful antioxidant. Triphala has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It boosts immunity, relieves constipation, purifies blood, promotes weight loss and improves liver function.
ISABGOL/ PSYLLIUM HUSK
Psyllium husk has a long history of use in traditional and herbal medicines. It is a natural, soluble fiber derived from husks of psyllium seeds. These tiny stuff grows up to 20 times when they reach our stomach and forms a gel-like mass that helps to transport waste to intestinal tract. It also been used to regulate blood glucose levels, lower cholesterol and relieve both diarrhoea and constipation.
There are ample references to guggul and its medicinal properties in ayurvedic medicine, which describes its use in wide variety of conditions. Some of these are obesity, heart disease, diabetes, arthritis and cholesterol. It also improves thyroid function, fat-burning activity of body and also decreases the risk of stroke.
Green tea is one of the most commonly used teas all over the world. While many people enjoy the mild taste of green tea, it may have more benefits than simply being a refreshing beverage. It may help you become healthier and fight certain types of diseases. You can lose weight, avoid flu, boost memory, lower bad cholesterol and even boost exercise endurance with the help of a tea, what more do we need?
My usual periods starts every 35 or 33 days. My last periods was on July 26th. And it always is 5 days long. My engagement and ceremonies are suddenly scheduled from September 2nd to 5th 2017. Please help me out. I want to either prepare or postpone it.
Vegetables have always been an integral part of every healthy meal, as they contain nutrients, antioxidants and vitamins, which ensure smoothness of skin and prevent wrinkles.
Here are some of those veggies, which would help you maintain your youthful, healthy appearance and visage. Read more to find out about them:
- Broccoli: Make sure you have a generous portion of this vegetable when you are on a meal as this green cruciferous vegetable is stuffed with phytonutrients, which reduce inflammation and also help preventing lung cancer and stomach cancer. They also contain essential nutrients which help in cell repair and help to slow down the aging process.
- Spinach: Spinach is your go to food if you want you to retain your hard earned muscle tone. Studies indicate that spinach helps in strengthening your muscles. It contains magnesium, more than any other food item per serving. It helps to maintain muscle definition and nerve function as well as regulates blood pressure and blood sugar.
- Kale: Kale is full of vitamin K, which is very essential for blood coagulation and preventing internal hemorrhaging. It is also essential to maintain the strength of your bones as you age. Studies have shown that Kale also helps to prevent prostate cancer. Consume it cooked to maximize its benefits.
- Onions: Onions are very helpful in preventing and resolving your stomach trouble. It prevents the growth of H. pylori bacteria, which causes ulcers, gastritis and gastric cancer. Unfortunately deep fried onion rings do not count. Garlic and tea, other food items, which are rich in flavonoid are some other alternatives, which you can go for.
- Eggplant: Eggplants are rich in Nasunin, a nutrient which helps in the anti-aging process and helps prevent cancer as well. Eggplants also help prevent Alzheimer's disease.
- Red Bell Pepper: Red bell peppers contain vitamin C, which triggers the production of white blood cells that fight against germs and bacteria. Consuming a diet, which is rich in vitamin C helps to lessen wrinkles because it helps in the production of collagen.
Related Tip: "Are Detox Diets Good For You?"
Hello, I had sex with my girlfriend a week ago. I put condom upside down and then put it on right. I'm scared maybe there was my precum. For 4 days she had abnormal pain in stomach and vaginal discharge- brown, white, clear, and one day white with red. Before sex we masturbate each other but then I went urinate and wash penis head before we started. What are the chances of pregnancy?
My wife are 12 weeks pregnant I avoid child Can we avoid child by medicine Tell me about surgical abortion Can I do sex with her daily.
My wife period start today 17th June, we are trying for baby from last 6 months. When we can come together for conceive and what will the dose of folic acid tab. And when she start that tab.
When we try to conceive, my period pains is severe and period also comes late. But when we don't try that month my period is regular and not much painful. Generally my period is always regular and not much painful.
She works in a software company and daily she comes back to home very tired. She doesn't feel energetic after coming from office, what she suppose to do?
Last year I have got a surgery that I have water bubbles. After that my periods are regular. My husband also performed sperm count analysis he has sperm count range from 60-80. I used so many tablets but no use at last this month my doctor recommended me iui treatment but I said no. I want naturally. Please suggest me my weight- 62 my height -5.5.
Gestational diabetes is a form of diabetes where the blood sugar levels of the body increase during pregnancy. When you are expecting, your body is more repellent to insulin so that a larger amount of glucose is manufactured for the baby’s nourishment. However, this excess blood glucose can build up within the body which causes gestational diabetes. This can lead to health problems for both the mother and the baby. At the end of the gestational period i.e. once the baby is delivered, blood sugar reduces to normal.
When are you at a risk for gestational diabetes?
Gestational diabetes can also be hereditary. If a family member or a relative has diabetes, you are more likely to develop gestational diabetes.
If you are overweight, you are more susceptible to developing gestational diabetes.
What causes gestational diabetes?
During pregnancy, the placenta connects your baby to the blood supply. This produces other hormones which reduce the levels of insulin. This increases the level of blood sugar in your blood. As your baby develops, your body manufactures more of such hormones which block your insulin levels leading to gestational diabetes. This usually occurs from the 20th week of your pregnancy.
Increase in Birth Weight – Extra glucose crosses through the placenta which instigates the baby’s pancreas to manufacture more insulin. This can make your baby very large. Sometimes, it becomes difficult for the baby to pass through the birth canal during childbirth as a result.
Premature Birth and Respiratory Diseases – High blood sugar may increase the risk of an early labor. It may make the baby due before the 37th week of pregnancy. This also makes the baby more susceptible to respiratory disorders.
High Blood Pressure – Gestational diabetes also raises your risks for high blood pressure. This can be fatal for you as well as your baby’s health.
Follow a healthy eating schedule. Limit the amount of carbohydrates and ensure you have a healthy and balanced meal.
Do light exercises regularly during pregnancy. This helps you to control your blood sugar level. Physical activities which require low levels of energy utilization such as swimming and walking will control your blood sugar level without exerting you too much.
- Taking insulin shots and medicine for diabetes will also control your blood sugar levels if you have a pre-existing condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
Do1 - 1. Do take a multivitamin
Eating a balanced diet that is rich in vitamins and minerals is the best way to provide your body with all of the healthy nutrients it needs to support a growing baby. A healthy diet alone, however, may not be enough for pregnancy. Prenatal vitamins contain higher levels of certain nutrients that expectant mothers require at higher doses, such as folic acid, calcium, and iron. These vitamins assist with the proper development of the fetus and help to prevent birth defects.
Dear Mam, my wife is 23years old. She has period problem. Sometimes it bleeds very less than normal. She has passed almost 5months at this condition. What should she/we do?
Hello mam I am 25 years old and I am in a relationship with my husband. Recently during my periods time .1st day I have seen brown blood coming and 2 nd day I have seen red blood and 3rd, 4th and 5th day I have seen brown blood. May I know the reasons and is there any abdomen scanning required before consulting a doctor.
After a tiring work session, there is nothing more relaxing than a cup of tea. It is such a refreshing beverage which is highly popular amongst people of all age groups. It is a natural oxidant and a great source of fluoride which relaxes and calms the human mind like no other beverage. It also boosts the exercise endurance and also adds up many health benefits such as it reduces the risk of heart attacks, fights against cardiovascular diseases and also has cancer- fighting benefits as well.
Although all types of tea begin with a tea leaf of the plant known as Camellia sinensis, the process in which the leaves are processed, determines if it converts to green, white, black or any other type of tea. Basically, there are five varieties of tea namely, green, white, oolong, pu-erh and black. In this article, we’ll discuss the white tea and its benefits.
White tea offers the most exquisitely subtle experience of drinking tea. Unlike other teas, it undergoes the least processing and is withered and dried after harvesting. This tea has the most delicate aroma and flavour among all teas, and tastes very light and bright. It is called white tea because there are silvery-white pubescent hairs on the surface of the tea buds of the white tea and it also has a light cream-colored liquor present in it. White tea mainly originates in the Fujian province of China. It is produced in very limited quantity and that too only a few parts of the world. It has many health benefits too.
- It is very beneficial in weight loss. The studies suggest that white tea has the property of preventing adipogenesis, i.e., the process of formation of fat cells.
- It is effective in reducing the risk of tooth decay or cavity. It improves the oral health of a person. Presence of flavonoids, polyphenols, and tannins in white tea help to inhibit the growth of plaque-forming bacteria in the mouth.
- Due to its antioxidant properties, white tea helps in the quick repair and recovery of the damaged skin and it also reduces the risk of premature aging. With the same, it also protects the skin from the effects of ultraviolet rays, thus, adding to youthful and healthy skin.
- It is very beneficial in preventing cancers; especially the lung cancer. Studies suggest that white tea serves as a chemopreventive agent and its extracts can induce the cell death and can also prevent the growth of new cells during lung cancer. It also possesses the antimutagenic properties.
- Consuming white tea also aids in managing diabetes. Research suggests that white tea can give relief to diabetic patients from the diabetes symptoms like decrease in the level of plasma glucose in the body, excessive thirst and increase in the secretion of urine.
- The Flavonoids present in the white tea reduce the risk of various cardiovascular diseases. These help decreasing the blood pressure, and improves dyslipidemia and endothelial function and also inhibits the oxidation of low-density lipoprotein in the body.
- Boosts energy, but is not addicting: There is only 28 milligrams of caffeine in one 8 oz. cup of white tea, which gives it a relatively low level in comparison to other caffeinated beverages, such as coffee or green tea.white tea can provide an energetic boost, but isn’t as addicting and doesn’t result in withdrawal symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.