Doctor in Dr. Esther Isaac
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Esther IsaacYour feedback matters!
Having a child is something many women dream of but not many get to experience. This is where In-Vitro Fertilization or IVF comes into play. IVF can be a godsend for many people, but sometimes that can fail too. Read on to know more about why IVF treatments fail and what you can do to stop it.
IVF can fail due to various reasons and in order to avoid facing the same problem repeatedly, knowing the reasons might help you understand the situation better. The reasons due to which IVF fail are the following:
- Age of the eggs - Not many people know about this, but in an IVF treatment, the age of a woman’s eggs matter more than the age of the woman. With age, the quality and quantity of a woman’s eggs, known as ovarian reserve deteriorate as a result of which, the whole IVF process gets affected. Women aged under 35 years of age, who use their own eggs have an implantation rate of 40% and women aged 40 years to 42 years have a 15% chance. This is why older women choose to use the eggs of younger women for implantation as egg quality plays an important role.
- Quality of embryo - Another major reason for IVF failure is the bad quality of embryos. It is not always the fault of the uterus that you are not being able to carry a baby, it is just that your embryo is not healthy enough to implant or grow. Many IVF procedures fail due to defects in embryos.
- Lifestyle issues - Your lifestyle and daily habits can play a huge role in deciding whether your IVF will be successful or not. Most doctors ask patients to stop smoking three months prior to the procedure, as women who smoke need twice as many treatments as compared to women who do not. Smoking can also cause you to miscarry. Additionally, it is important to maintain a healthy body weight as underweight or overweight women have fewer chances of getting pregnant.
- The response of the ovaries - Not every woman’s body is the same, as some women’s ovaries do not react strongly to the medicines, in order to produce multiple eggs. If a woman has higher FSH levels or if she is over 37 years of age, then there are high chances her IVF procedure will fail. Consult your gynaecologist or endocrinologist if you have any questions or doubts.
Solutions for solving IVF failure
Just because your previous IVF treatment might have ended failure, that does not mean you should give up. You can take the following steps to ensure that it does not happen again:
- Pre-treatment tests - When you are trying to conceive a baby, the IVF treatment is not the only treatment you should focus on. You must also give due importance to the pre-treatment tests, as these tests can help you understand the inside of your body. Pre-treatment tests like a trans-vaginal scan of your ovaries, uterus and fallopian tubes, semen analysis and hormone profiling are important and should not be ignored in any way.
- Choose the right doctor - Never ever go for a doctor you are not 100% sure of. Make sure that you select a doctor that has a very high success ratio and a lot of experience behind him. There is no point compromising when you are selecting your doctor, as he will play one of the biggest parts in deciding whether you will get to be a parent or not.
- Do not overdo anything - After the embryo transfer, it is important that you maintain a healthy balance between being active and resting. Sleeping or lying on your bed all day is not a good idea for the embryo nor is being over-active. Get some light exercise if you want and follow your normal sleep schedule and you will be good to go.
- Do not be stressed out - Even though the whole IVF process can be somewhat stressful; try not to be too stressed out. It is imperative that you remain as happy and relaxed as you can, as your mental wellbeing can greatly determine your chance at success.
Children can bring a lot of joy to a person’s life and everyone should get to experience at least once in their lives. IVF is one of the best tools for becoming a parent. As long as you have a clear idea about the process, causes for its failure and how to overcome it, you will be fine.
Most women attain menopause between the ages of late 40s and early 60s, the average age being about 51. This is an important milestone in a women's gynecological history. One major change is altered female hormone levels, and this leads to a lot of physiological changes. From hot flashes to mood swings, there is also increased predisposition to osteoporosis and uterine cancer.
If you have not had your menstrual cycles for close to 12 months, chances are you are into menopause. So, that means absolutely no vaginal bleeding anymore whatsoever. However, if you experience bleeding, even spotting, be on the alert. It is not normal and needs to be examined, and if required, diagnosed and treated.
Postmenopausal bleeding or PMB, as it is popularly called, can be due to a variety of reasons. While it could be something as trivial as inflammation of the uterine or vaginal lining, it could also be an indication of more severe issues like cancer.
- Atrophic vaginitis: Decreasing hormonal levels lead to increased dryness and therefore inflammation of the vaginal and uterine tissue. This is one of the common causes of bleeding after menopause.
- Endometrial atrophy: Also caused by lower hormone levels, the lining of the body of the uterus gradually thins down and can get inflamed.
- Polyps: Noncancerous growths in the uterus, cervix, vulva, or vagina can also lead to bleeding.
- Infections: General infection of any area along the uterine tract could lead to occasional bleeding.
- Cancers: Though only 1 in 10 PMB cases turn out to be cancers, the prognosis improves with early diagnosis and intervention.
Diagnosis: As repeated above, reach out to your doctor if you notice postmenopausal bleeding. Diagnostic methods could include the following:
- Physical examination
- Transvaginal ultrasound
- Endometrial biopsy
- Dilatation and Curettage
Treatment: Needless to say, this would depend on the diagnosis. For very minor cases with diagnosis like altered hormone levels, no treatment may be required other than modification of the hormone replacement therapy. For endometrial atrophy and atrophic vaginitis, use of estrogen creams and pessaries would be sufficient. Polyps would require removal followed by cauterization (application of slight heat) to stop the bleeding.
Cancer: This would depend on the type and location and require a combination of chemotherapy and surgery. Removal of the uterus also may be required in some cases. So, if you have had bleeding of any sort after a year of menopause, do not ignore it.
The disruption of the normal female cycles of menstruation and ovulation after the age of 45 and the loss of her ability to conceive naturally is known as menopause. The associated symptoms of menopause are heat flushes, insomnia, weight gain, depression, nausea and fatigue. While hormone replacement therapy is the most common procedure to provide relief from menopausal symptoms, natural homeopathic remedies can also be used for the same. These remedies are completely safe as opposed to hormone replacement therapy which has a number of side effects.
1.A balanced diet which provides you with optimal nutrition can be helpful in treating menopausal symptoms. When you get enough vitamins and minerals, the physical discomfort caused by the symptoms can be reduced greatly.
2.Phosphorus can help with migraines, extreme sweating, numb hands, fast pulse, memory problems and dry and itchy skin. Foods high in phosphorus content are meat, fish, cheese, nuts and seeds of pumpkins, sunflowers etc.
3.Excessive deposition of fat can interfere with the hormonal cycles and cause imbalances in the level of estrogen and progesterone. So, regular yoga and exercise can be helpful.
6.Aurum metallicum is used to get the tissues and organs to function normally again and control feelings of anxiety and claustrophobia.
7.Aconitum napellus (wolf's bane) is a flowering plant and its extracts can reduce panic attacks, heat flushes, over excitability and depressive symptoms.
11.Natrum muriaticum, in small amounts, helps to reduce stress. Stress can cause problems in thyroid function, cognitive functioning, digestive system functioning and it can elevate blood pressure levels rapidly.
Homeopathy follows individualistic approach, hence, consulting a homeopathy doctor before strating any medicine is highly recommended.
Vaginitis also known as vaginal infection or vulvovaginitis, is a situation in which the vagina gets sore and irritated. It is a common occurrence in female. Though it is not a very serious disorder yet it can be a cause of severe discomfort and irritation. Common side effects that are prevalent in the case of vaginitis include either abnormal discharge or vulvovaginal irritation, or both. The discharge may also tend to have anun pleasant odor. In ayurveda, vaginitis is often seen as an amalgamation of yoni daha and yoni kandu, the two different disorders that affects vagina.
The most common causes of vaginitis include:
* Consumption of Anti-microbial
* Deficiency of estrogen
* Skin irritants like perfumed soaps and vaginal sprays
* Sexual activity, etc.
Diabetes, usage of steroids or tight clothing is also among some of the causes of vaginitis.
Ayurveda aims to treat vaginitis naturally, by using precise combinations of certain herbs in addition to a paste for local application.
To relieve the burning sensation: Add water to triphala herb powder; mix the ingredients. Wash your vagina with this solution to lessen the burning sensation.
To eliminate toxins from the body: Make a beverage of dried cartilaginous tube herb in boiling water and consume it. The herb is known to aid the body in eliminating harmful toxins.
To cure infection:Margosa also known as neem is an effective natural remedy for curing inflammation. It destroys microorganisms effectively. You can use neem powder to cure the infected area.
To combat the growth of harmful bacterium:Citrus juices are known to aid the canal to regain its acidity and prevent them ultiplication of unhealthy bacterium
To avoid infection: Yogurt is one amongst the foremost common home remedies for duct infection. If you apply yogurt on the inflamed areas and additionally eat a bowl of yoghourt on a regular basis your infections will disappear.
To reduce swelling and redness: soak a clean cloth in cool water and place it on the inflamed space. The cool sensation will compress the blood vessels and reduce the burning sensation, redness, swelling and irritation.
Actually I had my menstruation on november and I have an irregular cycle so now it's february and i've not had my menses yet.
Bleeding even after periods but not heavy very very less bleeding but its been 10 days. No pains nothing but less bleeding that it. What would be the cause.
How much minutes sperm survive in cold water? Does sperm mix with water after 20-30 minutes cause pregnancy.
I had unprotected sex, the very next day my periods ended. After fifteen days, I am experiencing pain in the lower abdomen in intervals plus my breasts are sore. There is white discharge every other day and I am also feeling pukish sometimes after eating meals. My cycle is regular and the date is constant every month. My last period started on 25th of jan and ended on 28th of jan. I had unprotected sex on the 29th. I took a pregnancy test two days ago and it was negative. Kindly tell me if i'm pregnant.
Your fantasies might have taken a backseat for the time being or might have remained silenced for more than a while. The other processes of your usual life go on perfectly except for a few changes that you either consider as minute or you attribute them to any cause other than lowered libido (interest in sex).
Loss of libido can create hurdles in a man as well as a woman's life and thus should be corrected at the earliest possible. Even if you don't care much about an impaired sex life, libido loss can affect your overall health that can prove to be harmful in the long run.
Some may say that it’s all in the mind. Yes, but to a certain extent only. Considering the following causes, you would agree that it is not always in the mind that one loses interest in sex.
The common causes of decreased libido can be listed as below:
While in males, testosterone levels may sharply drop due to aging, in females the estrogen levels may drop after surgeries pertaining to the vaginal tract, after menopause or after childbirth and subsequent breast- feeding.
Exhaustion from prolonged office work or extensive travelling.
An instance of sexual abuse in the past can result in lowered libido.
A lousy lifestyle where you either smoke or drink regularly can prevent you from experiencing sexual desires.
Irregular sleep patterns can be a contributing factor as well.
Ways to deal with your libido loss:
Make significant efforts to change your lifestyle. If you have an erratic lifestyle, sexual dysfunction is almost inevitable. You need to follow a routine to prohibit your libido from deterioration.
Meditate and/or workout daily. Indulge in brisk walk, jogging, yoga, light exercises, swimming, play games like, badminton, table tennis, squash, etc. Over a period of time, it can restore your interest in sexual activities.
Try and reduce the stress level from your life. Spend quality time together and with family. Take time out for a movie, an event, a long drive, or a vacation. Share your day’s activities with each other.
Eat lots of vegetables and fruits. Cut down on drinking and smoking and gradually give them up completely.
Take at least 8 hours of sleep so as to wake up latest by 6:00 in the morning.
A counseling by a good sexologist can help to a great extent in overcoming this problem. A major part of my treatment for libido loss consists of Counselling. Many of my patients are now happy to revive their sexual life through my treatment. One can consult me in private if they want to say goodbye to Loss of Libido.