Doctor in Siva Subramaniam Hospital
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Siva Subramaniam HospitalYour feedback matters!
Loss or impairment of hearing can happen due to a variety of causes and may be temporary or permanent in nature, depending on the type and severity of the condition. One of the most common causes of hearing impairment is age. The degeneration of one's vital organs and senses becomes a reality for many people as the advancement of age happens, and the delicate insides of the ears are no different. Noise pollution, injury to the ear drum or any other part of the ear, as well as the movement of particles inside are only a few of the many reasons for loss of hearing. One of the many ways of dealing with long term hearing impairment is by using a hearing aid.
- Long Forgotten Sound: A hearing aid will help you reacquaint yourself with long forgotten and subtle sounds that you may not have been able to hear for a long time. Many times, this kind of impairment also makes us forget to notice the fact that we do not hear so many normal sounds in our everyday lives - sounds that we probably did not notice even earlier. This may include the whirring of a fan, the whoosh of the air, the pitter patter of pets' feet and so much more. A hearing aid will help in bringing about an adjustment to these sounds that you will actually end up discovering again.
- Technicalities: The hearing aid basically works by letting your hearing and ears readjust to the various volumes, intensity and vibrations that one feels when different sounds reach the ears. This helps in hearing better.
- Amplification: A hearing aid is basically an electroacoustic device that fits in neatly behind your ear where it is tucked away from plain sight. This device helps in amplifying sounds so that you can catch them and hear them more clearly.
- Modulation: The ENT specialist will usually prescribe a certain kind of hearing aid based on your individual condition in terms of volume, size, power and circulation. These factors help in modulating the sounds in a certain way so that they reach the nerve pathways from the inner ear and travel to the brain in a proper and effective way. This is usually done in a customised way to cater to the specific type and cause of your hearing loss.
Using a hearing aid is a matter of retraining your hearing rather than restoring it completely. These aids will be helpful in regaining a better sense of hearing within the condition you are going through, rather than reversing the condition completely.
*sinusitis - homeopathic medicine*
Sinusitis is a common inflammation of the paranasal sinuses, the cavities that produce the mucus necessary for the nasal passages to work effectively.
There is four pairs of sinuses, hollow spaces behind the bones of the face.
Allergies, bacteria or a virus can cause inflammation of the sinuses, or sinusitis.
Facial pain and pressure
Reduced sense of smell
*silicea: 30, 300*
1. Headache mainly on the right side.
2. The patient is chilly and is very sensitive to cold air.
3. Covering up warmly provides relief.
4. Nasal stuffiness.
5. The nasal is hard crusts.
1. Sinus headache is due to suppressed discharge.
2. There is violent headache. The headache better by binding the head tightly or applying pressure.
3. The face is swollen and hot.
4. There is throat pain and cough with throat.
*kali bichrome: 30*
1. Sinusitis with discharge drops back into the throat despite coming out of the nose.
2. The discharge is very thick and mostly yellow and ropy too
3. There is pain and heaviness in the nose.
4. The nose can smell and is blocked with an inability to breathe through it.
5. The headache above the eyes due to sinus infection.
6. The eyes may also get swollen up.
*merc sol: 30*
1. The nasal discharge is yellowish-green with a burning feeling.
2. The nasal membrane gets corroded and ulcerated due to the offensive and thick acrid discharge.
3. The headache with heat in head along with nasal discharge.
4. Increased saliva in mouth and offensive smell.
*pulsatilla: 30, 200*
1. The green-coloured nasal discharge that is bland (without burning)
2. The patient gets general relief in open air.
3. The discharge is horribly offensive.
4. There is headache above the eyes.
5. There’s an absolute absence of thirst.
*spigelia 30, 200*
1. Left-side frontal sinus is infected.
2. Severe throbbing pain over the left eye.
3. The discharge dropping back into the throat from the nose.
1. There is nasal blockage in a person with inflamed sinus.
2. Sticta is the remedy for patients who have no nasal discharge despite making quite an effort.
3. There’s a constant pressure on the nose.
*ammonium carb 200*
1. There is complete blockage of nose makes breathing difficult and the patient has to breathe through the mouth.
2. The worse time for the patient is night.
3. There is snoring due to blocked nose.
*kali iod, 30*
1. There is thin nasal discharge due to sinus inflammation.
2. The discharge is watery in a large quantity and leads to an intense burning sensation.
*hepar sulph. 6, 30*
1. The nasal discharge is thick and yellow.
2. The nostrils become very sore from the acrid discharge,
3. Thenasal passages become sensitive to cold air.
4. The headache with a sense of a nail or a plug that is thrust into the head along with a boring or bursting pain.
5. Their headache above the nose is worse from shaking the head, motion, riding in a car, stooping, moving the eyes, or simply from the weight of a hat.
6. Relieved by the firm pressure of a tight bandage.
7. The scalp is so sensitive that simply combing the hair may be painful.