Doctor in SHREEVARMA
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for SHREEVARMAYour feedback matters!
Your mother has often yelled at you for playing video games for long hours, but obviously you haven’t paid heed to it. Such is the obsession with video games that they don’t let you rest unless you have championed all the levels in the virtual interface. Here is the source of all problems. Studies have revealed that video games have a direct relation to neuropsychiatric problems. As a result, many health experts across the world consider video game as a kind of health abuse.
People who play action-oriented video games are at higher risks. The more you indulge in these kinds of games, the more they are going to affect the hippocampus section of your brain. It is that part of the brain which is considered to be the centre of your nervous system, memory and emotion. Reduced hippocampus volume may make person vulnerable to multiple neuropsychiatric complications. Let us see some of the signs, which may indicate the onset of certain complications arising from an over indulgence in these games.
1. You spend hours on the computer or related gaming devices and devote lesser hours for your family and friends
2. You get agitated when someone stops you midway through the game
3. You become socially isolated and show signs of occasional mood swings
4. You are unable to keep a track of time once you start playing
5. You repeatedly neglect your studies, resulting in a dip in performance at school
Why does this happen?
All of the above signs indicate that sooner or later you might develop neurological problems. When you spend an excessive number of hours on playing and navigating through the games, the ‘hippocampus’ portion of your brain shows signs of decreased gray matter. As a result, the volume of the hippocampus shrinks, causing severe nerve related disorders such as schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, depression, and overall general stress.
One of the biggest reasons behind this is a lack of self-control. Most of the video games will encourage you to steal cars, run away after a theft and kill your enemies. Moreover, if you succeed, you are rewarded. This naturally unleashes a blatant urge for the gratification of all these awkward desires in your real life too. Hence, once you are encountered with the reality, you tend to show violent behavior. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The heart is a muscular organ that pumps blood to the entire body through a network of arteries and veins. This network contains big vessels which branch out further to supply blood to the distant organs. There is, therefore, some pressure that the heart and thereby the vessels need to exert to push the blood through these vessels. This is known as blood pressure, and normal pressure levels range from 90-140(systolic)/60-90(diastolic) mm of Hg. However, due to various reasons, this pressure could be more, which is one of the first signs of heart disease.
Causes of increased blood pressure:
- Thickening of the blood vessels. With age, the elastic blood vessels naturally turn rigid and less elastic, so there is more pressure required to push blood. It is natural for people over 55 years of age to have higher readings of blood pressure. This is known as primary hypertension (HTN)
- Narrowed blood vessels. This happens due to cholesterol accumulation along the walls of the blood vessels. Faulty dietary habits along with sedentary lifestyle have increased the incidence of hypertension due to this condition, known as atherosclerosis. Critical atherosclerotic narrowing of renal arteries lead to renovascular HTN that is one of the commonest of secondary HTN.
Other Causes of secondary hypertension are:
- Kidney problems
- Thyroid hormone disorders
- Congenital heart defects
- Chronic alcohol abuse
- Adrenal gland tumours
- Chronic use of medications like birth control pills, pain killers, etc.
Unidentified and uncontrolled hypertension can be silent and can lead to more severe conditions like heart attack and stroke. India is fast becoming the new hypertension capital of the world. Some of the common risk factors are:
- Family history
- Being obese or overweight
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Alcohol consumption
- Excessive salt intake
- Stress levels
- Ethnic background
- Hypertension can go undetected for years together, but if there are risk factors like diabetes and high cholesterol, it is advisable to periodically monitor blood pressure.
- Headaches, nosebleeds, and shortness of breath should not be ignored. These can be the first warning signs of hypertension, and if detected early, preventive measures can be taken.
- If there are co-morbid risk factors, it is advisable to constantly keep a check on BP readings.
This includes a combination of diet and lifestyle modifications.
- Quit smoking and alcohol: Of the many wonders quitting smoking can do, reducing BP readings is just one. The improvement would be almost instantaneous. Quit or else reduce alcohol and see dramatic improvements.
- Weight management: Through a combination of diet and exercise, ensure that weight is brought under control. Set a target BMI (Below 26 kg/m2) and work towards it religiously.
- Diet: Reduce salt, increase potassium, increase vitamin D, eat a heart-healthy diet, and see the hypertension readings improve. Please find attached and reviewed copy for health tip for posting
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Some people find it harder to lose weight as compared to others. Gastric sleeve surgery is a viable option for such people. This surgery involves reducing the size of the stomach to control the intake of food.
Here are 10 ways this surgery will affect you.
- You’ll need a special diet for the first few days: You will need to follow a special diet for 8 weeks after the surgery. This gives your stomach the time to heal properly. Normal food will have to be reintroduced slowly. However, alter, you can eat anything you like.
- You can eat lesser: You’ll find yourself taking smaller servings at all meals as your stomach is much smaller than it was. This does not mean that you’ll be able to eat more frequently. It simply means that you will eat a lot lesser. A smaller stomach also means that you will feel less hungry.
- Weight Loss: After a gastric sleeve surgery, patients typically lose up to 75% of their excess weight. In the first three months itself, you should see yourself lose up to 33% of excess body weight. Thus, it can help cure obesity and reduce your BMI.
- Resolution of obesity-related health issues: As your weight reduces, so does the impact of other diseases. Patients suffering from diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure and sleep apnea report a large amount of improvement in their conditions after this surgery.
- Stronger joints: Excess weight puts additional pressure on your joints. This can cause joint pain and increase the wear and tear of joint cartilage. By reducing your weight, there is less pressure on your joints. Improved mobility and lesser knee pain are commonly experienced benefits.
- Lowered cancer risk: The risk of some types of cancer is associated with the patient’s weight. As a result of this surgery, the risk of colon cancer, pancreatic cancer, breast cancer and endometrial cancer reduces by up to 33%.
- Improved fertility: Women with obesity of overweight issues typically find it difficult to conceive. A gastric sleeve surgery can improve these fertility rates. Studies have shown that more than 50% of the women who underwent this procedure could conceive a child successfully within the next year.
- Improved mental health: Your weight also affects your self-confidence. In many cases being overweight or obese contributes to depression. Undergoing this surgery can improve a patients’ self-image and relieve symptoms of depression, anxiety etc.
- Better sleep: Losing body fat makes it more comfortable to get a good night’s sleep. Weight loss also helps treat conditions such as sleep apnea that can keep you from sleeping restfully.
- Your weight loss will plateau after 2 years: As time passes, your stomach will begin to expand. Hence you may not see yourself losing too much weight after the first year. If you are not careful, you may begin to put on weight again after the 2nd or 3rd year.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Cosmetic surgery is not restricted to the top half of your body. Today along with facelifts and breast implants, butt implants are also gaining popularity. This procedure is also known as gluteal augmentation. Butt implants are usually made of silicone. These soft, solid structures are implants under the gluteus maximus muscles and above the pelvic bone through an incision. The incision is typically made in the butt crease so that it is less noticeable. Here are a few others things you should know about butt implants:
- It is performed under anaesthesia: Butt implant surgery may be performed under local or general anaesthesia and usually takes anywhere between 2 to 7 hours. However, this procedure is usually an outpatient procedure and no hospitalisation is required.
- It takes time to recover: After the procedure, you will probably notice swelling and tenderness in the area. In most cases, the patient is advised to wear a compression garment for a few days after the surgery. This should resolve itself in about 4-6 weeks but complete recovery can take up to 8 months. This is because the tailbone muscles are cut during the procedure.
- The effects are permanent: Silicone implants can last a lifetime and hence the results of this surgery are permanent. With time the body’s natural tissues merge with the implant. However, in some cases, the implant may slip with time causing an asymmetrical appearance. This can be corrected through a follow-up surgery.
- Anyone can get a butt implant: Butt implants are typically used for people with a flat posterior, but you don’t necessarily need to have a skinny frame to undergo this procedure. Also, there are no size or weight limitations to getting the procedure.
- It is customisable: Butt implants can be customised to suit the person’s size and frame. A surgeon will typically take into account the shape of the patient’s pelvic bone and natural butt contours to create a butt implant that enhances the patient’s frame and does not look unnatural.
- There are risks: Complications are rare but possible with this surgery. Making an incision under the butt crease reduces its visibility but increases the risk of infections. There is also a risk of allergic reactions to anaesthesia. Other possible side effects include pain, discomfort, nerve damage and reduced sensitivity.
- They do not feel completely natural: Silicone butt implants may feel harder than normal tissue and at some angles may not look very natural remove these and post more of positive aspects.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Language disorder is commonly known as language impairment, it is a common childhood disorder, which makes it difficult for kids to understand what the people around them are saying to them and to face difficulty in following simple directions, it also includes difficulty in expressing the thoughts and feeling through speech.
Language disorder can be classified as:
- Receptive language disorder: This disorder makes it difficult to understand what the other person is saying to the one suffering from it.
- Expressive language disorder: Kids suffering from it are not able to express themselves and their thoughts.
- Mixed receptive expressive disorder: These kids have combined symptoms of receptive language disorder and expressive language disorder, making it difficult to understand and to make someone else understand.
Symptoms of language disorder:
- Difficulty in understanding: The ones suffering from language disorder, finds it difficult to understand what the people around them are saying.
- Limited vocabulary: It is one of the prominent symptoms, in which the vocabulary of the kids is very limited as compared to other kids of that age.
- Trouble learning new things: Learning new things is a difficult task for the kid suffering from language disorder
- Repeat usage of certain phrases: Kids tend to use the same phrase again and again, which is one of the basic symptoms.
- Frustration: As the kid is either not able to understand or to make other understand or both, kids with this disorder tend to remain more frustrated in comparison to other kids, as they are unable to do things.
- Sentences which do not make sense: Making incomplete or senseless sentences is a key indicator of language disorder.
What you should do?
- Speech therapist: The treatment may include speech therapy, in which the speech therapist will work towards building the vocabulary and improving the grammar of the kids suffering, making the kids more confident and feel good about themselves.
- Psychotherapy: If the kid is also suffering from emotional issues because of the language disorder, then one should also undergo Psychotherapy, as it not only improves the morale of the patient, but also provides the guidance on how to keep improving further from the language disorder.
- Positive Atmosphere: The kids suffering from such a disorder should be made comfortable enough to enjoy their being, giving plenty of time to your young ones is the best way to cure such disorder, so one should always communicate well with his kids and make them learn new things, sing to them, listen to various sounds, show different pictures, colours, shapes to make them learn.
- Parental Support: The parents should also understand the issue well, be patient, and should support the kid to work out on the disorder. Parents should also interact with other parents, who have been there, to learn more about the language disorders and how their kids overcome the disorder.
As language disorder is one of common issue in kids, this can be managed and cured well to improve after all the required knowledge and best practices to follow. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Exams are really tough times for most students irrespective of the level of their preparation. It is natural to get anxious before and during the exam time. Anxietyis a natural state in which people are either uneasy or fearful, depending on the situation that is making them anxious.
- Forms of ailment: Depending on the medical studies conducted throughout the world, anxiety is divided into the following types:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder: People suffering from Generalized Anxiety Disorder usually feel nervous and anxious. They even experience fear in conducting routine tasks and worry a lot about the same. Students suffering from this anxiety tend to worry a lot during exam time even after knowing that they are fully prepared to take the exam. Usually, the sufferers here are unable to control their worrying.
- Phobias: Phobia refers to the feeling of excessive fear for any particular thing or object or action. Phobia clearly interferes with the normal functioning of the individual and causes the sudden flow of adrenaline through his or her body. People suffering from any kind of phobia tend to avoid the cause or reason for their fear. Students mostly suffer from social phobias when it comes to exams and their performance.
- Panic Disorder: Panic Disorders are characterized by quick and intense fear. People suffering from this kind of anxiety disorder are prone to experience panic attacks - the situation that involves periods of intense fear and discomfort along with rapid heartbeat, nausea, shortness of breath and dizziness. Panic Disorder causes its sufferers to develop the anxiety of having panic attacks which further increases the problem.
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: People suffering from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder usually feel compelled to act in a certain way which doesn't appear normal to others. The kind of obsessions people feel due to this ailment include checking if a door is locked repeatedly or washing hands again and again, and so on.
Students usually suffer from generic anxiety disorders before and during the exam. An apt amount of anxiety leads to great results as it makes the person serious about his or her goals and focus on the same.
Anxiety is something that everyone suffers from at one or the other point in their life. The levels of suffering can be different from person to person. The major symptoms of anxiety are listed below:
- Shortness of breath
- Dizziness and unsteadiness
- Trembling or shaking
- Heart palpitations
- Hot flushes or chills
- Fear of going out of control
- Nausea and abdominal distress
Homoeopathy provides amazing treatment in the form of drugs for anxiety and phobia. There are multiple drugs in Homoeopathy for treating anxiety, some of which are listed below. Students can go for any of them and get rid of the exam fear so that they can perform well in their exams:
- Aconitum Napellus
- Arsenicum Album
- Argentum Nitricum
- Ignatia Amara
While sex is an important part of an adult’s life, it may also come with a number of problems for certain people. Sexual addiction is a problem faced by many and includes a wide range of behavioural patterns when it comes to sex and excessive indulgence in the same. This condition may impact the life of an individual in a significant and even debilitating manner. While many people may confuse this with mere addiction to porn, this is not true. Let us find out more.
Types of Sexual Addiction: There are a number of ways in which sexual addiction may be characterised. As mentioned above, it does not merely include addiction to pornography or any other aspect of sex. It may include an addiction of one or multiple aspects, which include pornography as well. The various forms of sexual addiction include pornography addiction, addiction to fantasy or masturbation, addiction to sadistic behaviour, addition to prostitution, and other excess sexual activities and pursuits like exhibitionism.
Symptoms and Signs: There are a number of physical and emotional symptoms and signs of this condition. The patients suffering from this condition may end up isolating or alienating their partners, which is one of the most common giveaways of this condition. They may also go from one relationship to another in no time at all, with multiple partners in many cases. Also, they will not really have healthy relationships with their partners because of their fantasy based perceptions when it comes to sex. The physical symptoms of this condition include falling prey to venereal diseases and infections on a frequent basis, as well as the exposure to unwanted pregnancy in at least 70% of the cases, as per many medical reports. Anxiety, depression and substance abuse are also some of the common outcomes of this kind of addiction.
Treatment: Sexual addiction and sexual dependency can be treated by first of all treating the physical manifestations of this condition and its symptoms like infections and other ailments. This will be done with the help of medication in most cases. Further, the patient will be put through CBT or cognitive behavioural therapy as well as other forms of sex therapy so that the evaluator or psychologist may find the root cause behind the condition.
This kind of therapy usually follows the route of exhaustive discussions in which the patient will be asked to talk about his or her emotions and problems. These will then be used in order to reprogram the attitude and thinking of the patient. In such cases, the patient will also be encouraged to invest time and effort in the emotional side of a committed relationship so that the dependency on sex may reduce.
I had stomach upset and loose motion from 3 days and I am taking these medications Cyra d 1 tab Oflox200 1 tab Metrogyl200 1 tab Two times a day After 3 days I am not fitting frequent motion but in the morning I get running stool. please suggest me some more medicine to cure this Thanks.
Traditional open surgery requires an 8-10 cm incision to expose the surgical area of the abdomen which needs to be operated. This large incision is a major post-operative side-effect which results in longer recovery period.
The alternative technique, laparoscopy also known as minimally invasive surgery or keyhole surgery, is a modern surgical procedure in which small incisions of about 0.5–1.5 cm are made far from the location of the operation. One or more such holes on the abdominal wall serve as passageways for a specialised instrument called a laparoscope. A long, thin tube headed by a high-resolution camera and a high-intensity guiding light is inserted through the incision. As the instrument moves along, the camera transmits images to a video monitor enabling your surgeon to see inside without opening up your body for surgery.
This process is used to diagnose unidentified abdominal or pelvic pain. Minimally invasive surgery (MIS) is usually performed when all non-invasive alternatives have been tried. Imaging techniques like ultrasound, computed tomography (CT) scan or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) are sometimes unable to provide enough data for diagnosis.
Laparoscopic surgery is used for the removals of an inflamed appendix, gall bladder, hernias, and cancer-affected organs, fibroids from the uterus, the womb (hysterectomy) and also for performing weight-loss surgeries.
Laparoscopy has a lot of advantages over the more common, open procedure. They are:
1. Less post-operative pain
2. Smaller scars
3. Reduced haemorrhaging and blood loss
4. Shorter recovery period
5. Less pain medications and analgesia requirements
6. Reduced exposure to internal organs
7. Faster return to normal activity
8. Reduced risk of infection
Laparoscopy is a proven safer choice with a fast-healing process side-stepping conventional surgery!