Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Qua NutritionYour feedback matters!
Now, psychological problems can be managed better using cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation with Audio Visual Entertainment
If you happen to suffer from anxiety, depression, or insomnia, then you could benefit from simulation techniques such as Cranial electrotherapy stimulation (CES) or audio-visual entrainment (AVE). These methods can also be used to treat headaches, give up smoking and fibromyalgia. Read on further to gain an insight and consult with an expert to experience its benefits.
CES and its benefits
Cranial electrotherapy stimulation uses a small device about the size of a cell phone which helps in the stimulation of the brain and the cranium with a very low power current usually below four milliamps. The microcurrent helps in an enhanced production of endorphin that helps in the facilitation of deep levels of relaxation leading to a sense of well - being. The best thing about this particular therapy is that there is no known or seen side-effects and thus a safe procedure to be carried out.
Besides the treatment of anxiety, depression, and disorders of the sleep, cranial electrotherapy stimulation is also proven to show a number of other benefits as well. It can be used for the treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and post-traumatic disorder as well. Clinical studies have also revealed that the therapy is quite beneficial for cognitive dysfunction, traumatic injury of the brain and pain. Also, the therapy plays a crucial role in the enhancement of attention and concentration along with decreasing assaultive behavior. This simple handheld device can be purchased through a prescription for your physician.
Audio - Visual Entrainment and its benefits
The therapy combines the use of mild pulsating LED lights in the eye frames and psychoacoustic sounds in headphones for a quick deep relaxation by guiding the brain into various states of brainwave activity. Hence AVE is known as a mind machine that can help in the treatment of psychological and physiological disorders. The integration of neurotransmitter balancing, hypnotic learning, emotional and behavioral change helps in the immediate boosting up of the attention. This basically provides an all in one solution making the therapy both efficient and effective at the same time.
In this audiovisual entertainment process, the adjustable sound makes it easier for the person to focus and relax in peace. The eye sets are specially designed for the allowance of left and right visual fields of each of eyes to be stimulated individually rather than the entire eye at once. Getting regular sessions of this therapy will make the effects last for a longer duration of time. You will be able to notice less stress, better focus and mood, improved quality of sleep, high energy, and enhanced creativity.
So, if you are suffering from such issues as mentioned above, you can consult your physician to check if you are the right candidate for the procedure and reap the benefits.
In an effort to eradicate Tuberculosis (TB) by 2030, a total of 114 countries have joined hands to take action against TB. This collaboration was announced at the first WHO global ministerial conference in Moscow.
It has also been observed that since the year 2000, approximately 53 million lives were saved and the overall mortality rate has been reduced by 37 percent for TB. Despite the past efforts to control the spread of this deadly disease and is known to take lives more than any other contagious disease.
How should prevent yourself from getting affected?
Screening for cancer of the colon or large intestine and rectum is a proven way of saving a person from the impacts of colorectal diseases. This is partly because colon cancer is something that can be prevented if detected at an early stage and the polyps which may advance to cancer are removed properly. Thus if you are turning 50 soon, be prepared to present yourself for a screening colonoscopy that will help you ensure good health and well-being. It may sound uncanny, but do you know that 50,000 people across the world die from colorectal cancer every year, and it is ranked second in terms of cancer-centric deaths.
Understanding the importance of having colonoscopy: You may wonder how a painful, invasive, embarrassing, uncomfortable and time-consuming health test may be called a present. There are reasons enough. A screening colonoscopy is able to expose a cancerous tumour that's presently under way and cast light on the chances and risk factors that may precede it. When you choose to intervene early, you have the power to nip those risks at their budding stage, much before those malicious cells become malignant.
Spreading of the colorectal cancer: Your large intestine is really a big and last organ of the gastrointestinal system where the small intestine discontinues. Its primary function is to remove the water out of the leftover solids of digestion and get rid of them in the form of stool. Cancer may start to develop anywhere within the tube that expands 5 feet long and squares the vacant area of the abdomen. The large intestine expands up towards the right side, i.e. the ascending colon and then turns left through the liver, i.e., the transverse colon, bending down right at the spleen on its left, i.e. descending colon and loops to the middle, i.e., the sigmoid colon before it runs across the rectum and ends at the anus.
People who need a colonoscopy: To simplify matters, it can be said that all adults are at a potential risk of the colorectal cancer, including those people who lead a healthy life. But some people are at a higher risk. Those individuals have a specific gene mutation that predisposes them to develop into numerous polyps. The risk is also high with people who are first-degree relatives of a person diagnosed with cancer before the age of 50. People with Ulcerative colitis, various types of inflammatory bowel diseases and Crohn's disease are also at a higher risk.
Colorectal cancer is a serious ailment and screening colonoscopy is a feasible means of detecting any polyps that may be cancerous in the future. Speak with a reputed gastroenterologist today to stay ahead of the disease.
There are a number of digestive problems that can affect a patient, depending on one's diet and daily routine. Indigestion, acidity, loose motions and even constipation are some of the common ailments and conditions that many of us experience. Obstruction in defecation is also one such condition that may be caused by consuming certain kinds of food or due to the digestive health in general. Obstructive defecation syndrome (ODS) is a wide term used to depict the state of patients with defecatory blockage or constipation. These frequently encountered disorders affect 18% of the population .
The condition can be diagnosed by a general physical or a gastroenterologist by using the following parameters:
- Excessive straining
- Incomplete rectal clearing
- Use of laxatives
- Observing symptoms like stomach pain and anxiety, as well as other aches and pains in the abdomen
Besides aches and pains, the other symptoms include the following:
- Fragmented or unsuccessful attempts to release
- Drawn-out episodes in the toilet
- Rectal agony
- Posture problems
Here are 10 tips to treat the problem of obstructed defecation:
- High-fibre diet, and a lot of water and fruits are the most effective and natural treatments of ODS.
- Chocolates and other food items which build stool thickness should be avoided since they make defecation difficult.
- Increase liquid admission and other products like natural products, vegetables, whole wheat and grain.
- In the morning, take one tablespoon of olive oil. It works best on an empty stomach, so have it before anything else.
- Consume one teaspoon of blackstrap molasses. Begin with moderate doses in case you don't like the taste of it. Eventually, you can add some warm water or tea to it to weaken the taste.
- Mix one tablespoon of flaxseed oil with one glass of squeezed orange. You may consume it as and when required to avoid dehydration and subsequent obstruction.However,one needs to give it at least five hours to begin working. It will begin to show results only after a few hours of regular consumption.
- Aloe is not only good for minor cuts but also in reducing stomach aches. It's best to utilise aloe vera gel that has been directly extracted from the plant.
- Baking soda lies at the heart of home cures. It's staggeringly flexible, and does its work 95% of the time. It works extremely well for blockages.
- Drink one glass of prune juice in the morning and one during the evening to diminish obstruction.
- Dandelions may merely look like weeds, yet you may see them differently after they relieve your clogging.
How to loose weight without doing any gym workout. Just by normal daily walk what else do I need to do to loose weight and cut tummy fat. You can recommend some medicines which can help me out. My weight is 88 and I want it to be 75 kg. Help me with your best suggestions and medical prescription.
My current weight is 90 kg, height is 5 foot 6 inch and age is 21. I want to lose 30 kg in 3 months and get my weight down to 60 kg for my career, which is boxing. My blood pressure is 110/70. Even though I am physically fit, what precautions should I take regarding my health during this weight loss process?
I started fast walking for 4 km from 9 days ago. I lost 1.6 kg. What should I do for diet. Please guide me for reducing weight. Previous Weight was 109.8. Please suggest me something for weight loss.
I am suffering from diabetes from last year but still not taking medicine, but walking and doing yoga. Is it ok? Or Should I go to the doctor for medicine.
The uterus is a muscular structure held in place inside your pelvis with the help of muscles, ligaments, and tissues. These muscles weaken in women due to pregnancy, childbirth or delivery complications and can lead to severe complications. One such complication is a uterine prolapse. Uterine prolapse occurs when the uterus sags or slips from its normal position into the vaginal canal.
The causes of uterine prolapse are varied and include:
- Delivering a large baby
- Difficulty in labor and delivery
- Reduction in estrogen levels post menopause
- Traumatic childbirth
- Loss or weakening of the pelvic muscle
- Conditions which lead to increased pressure in the abdominal area such as a chronic cough, straining, pelvic tumors or accumulation of fluid in the abdomen
- Loss of external support due to major surgery in pelvic area
Uterine prolapse can be complete or incomplete depending on how far the uterus sags into the vagina. Women who have minor uterine prolapse may not have any visible symptoms. However, if the condition worsens, it manifests itself in visible signs.
Symptoms of moderate or severe prolapse are:
1. A feeling of fullness or pressure in your pelvis when you sit
2. Seeing the uterus or cervix coming out of the vagina
3. Vaginal bleeding or increased discharge
4. Painful sexual intercourse
5. Recurrent bladder infections
6. Continuing back pain with difficulty in walking, urinating and moving your bowels
Without proper attention, the condition can cause impairments in the bowel, and can also affect bladder and sexual function.
As much as we take a dip in the bucket of blues and sing happy- sad songs to flout and fall for the theorem of love; we are but orderlies to the emotion. We all wish if love had only been a four letter word. It unfortunately has multiple folds and crevices than the human mind can ever possibly think of. Nonetheless, staying in love is essential. Loving is as significant as is living; the reason being, it keeps you happy until you falter and with every faltering foothold, you emerge out as a stronger being.
A strange fact about the emotion is its tryst with wholeness. Love doesn’t necessarily need an object or receptor under its radar. It could be experienced as a self - sufficient feeling. You may be full of love for a family, for a dear friend, for your lover or you could also be in love with your passion or yourself. Irrespective of perpetual disillusionment, one must try and remain in love.
Let's take a curious peek into these few ways to stay in love:
- Put in effort to look good: In any case, ‘beauty indeed lies in the eyes of the beholder’, but finding yourself pretty is extremely important. One must take care to look good in his or her own eyes. Looking good is directly proportional to the way you feel and hence spending time on yourself helps you to think positively. You see yourself in better light and are thus, in a position to love better.
- Exercise to challenge your daily threshold: Exercising has multi - faceted effects on your overall health. If you exercise on daily basis, you witness your progress with every passing day. This encourages you to improve your flexibility and fitness. Exercising can lead to the release of the happy hormone - serotonin in one’s body. Direct exposure to sunlight and consumption of food items rich in carbohydrates can also increase the level of serotonin. Exercising boosts up your confidence and makes you fall in love with your body.
- Indulge in sweet nothings: As you grow up, you stop doing those little things that once gave you immense pleasure. Making a greetings card, baking a cake, making paper boats, going out on walks, teaching young children or doing whatever your heart feels like can actually make you stay in love.
- Pursue your passion: A passion gets the best out of you; it rather steps up the limits of your talents. Pursuing one’s passion makes one love oneself even more. It keeps you engrossed in your plus points, giving you little scope to brood over depressing factors.
- Try having a pet to care for: Feeling responsible for your pet is a great way to discover another side of your personality. A pet gives you the warmth you had been looking for. The bond of love with a pet has had unmatched effects on a person’s health.
Each person has his own individual bathroom habits and it is totally his/ her personal lifestyle that dictates their regular bowel movement. However, having a bowel movement fewer than 3 times in a week would be deemed as constipation and there can be a host of reasons leading to unhealthy poop. Thankfully, there are some foods which can help you have healthy poop without troubling your bowels and some of them are:
- Dried plums: This dry fruit is not just famous for their delicious taste but also for the fact that they contain high amounts of fiber. Fiber is a nutrient that helps in increasing the bulk of the poop and aids them to move along the intestine. Prunes or dried plums are also known to contain fermentable sugars, sorbitol, and fructans which together create a laxative effect.
- Kiwi: There is hardly any individual who doesn’t like kiwis. And the good thing is that kiwis contain a high amount of fiber which keeps the digestive tract clear. It is also rich in vitamin C and antioxidants which make a cupful of kiwi essential to everyday diet.
- Popcorn: It is not just a wonderful afternoon snack but can increase the daily intake of fiber in the diet. It is recommended by experts to replace the evening potato chips with popcorns that would help the body in different ways including easy bowel movement.
- Water: This is quite obvious as water is critical to keep you hydrated and help the poop move easily through the intestine. An individual who is even a bit dehydrated would have harder poop which becomes difficult to pass. It is therefore very important to drink 8 to 10 glassful of water every day.
- Flaxseeds: If someone can manage to eat a tablespoon of ground flaxseeds in a day, then the body gets 2 grams of fiber. This may sound inadequate, but it really helps in bowel movement. The best thing about flaxseeds is that one can add them in yoghurt, smoothie, salads or evening snacks. It is important to note here that one should not eat flaxseeds as a whole as the human digestive system is not able to digest it. It is important to either ground it or purchase them pre-ground to reap the benefits of flaxseeds.
- Oranges: Having a large, juicy orange in place of a glassful of orange juice can aid the digestive tract to pass the stool. One big orange can offer 4 grams of fiber in exchange of 86 calories. Plus, it is known to contain flavonols which help in treating constipation.
- Oatmeal: The best thing about oatmeal is that equal amounts of soluble and insoluble fibers. The function of insoluble fiber is to add bulk to the stool and help in passing it out quickly while the work of the soluble fiber is to dissolve in the water for formation of a gel-like substance making it easier to pass.
Try these foods today to have a healthy stool and eliminate problems of constipation.
Reasons You Must Consider Gynecologic Laparoscopy
An alternative form of surgery, gynecologic laparoscopy uses an instrument known as laparoscope to view the inside of your pelvic area. In comparison to conventional open surgery, wherein large incisions are made, this surgical procedure involves smaller cuts or incisions being made, leading to smaller scars and quicker recovery. This technology also enables a medical professional to easily see as well as identify health issues.
Why is the procedure performed?
Depending on individual cases, laparoscopy can be opted for treatment, diagnosis or both. It can be used for the following scenarios like:
- Diagnosis and treatment of endometriosis (a condition wherein the tissue that lines your uterus develops outside it)
- Removal of scar tissue and ovarian cyst
- To take care of ectopic pregnancy in which an embryo places itself outside the uterus
- Used to perform female sterilization (a surgical procedure on the fallopian tubes to put a stop to future pregnancy)
- Used to perform oophorectomy (removal of the ovaries through surgery) or hysterectomy (removal of the uterus through surgery)
- To investigate cancer-related instances like lymph nodes
In addition to these reasons, laparoscopy may also be recommended in cases such as pain in the abdomen or difficulty in getting pregnant. At the same time, certain gynecologic conditions may require open surgery. It's best to consult an expert before taking any decision.
What happens after the reason is identified?
Once the reason is identified, a biopsy of your tissue may be taken during the procedure. This is done to identify the kinds of cell and whether they are cancerous or non-cancerous. Many a time, biopsies are also performed to identify certain conditions like endometriosis.