Salicylic Peel Treatment
Scar Revision Surgery
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Reconstruction of Smile Procedures
Revlite Laser Procedure
Cysts Removal Procedure
Cutaneous Fillers Treatment
Small Dermatologic Surgery
Pityriasis Rosea Treatment
Ear Reconstruction Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Earlobe Correction Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Chin Reduction Treatment
Chemical Peel Treatment
Fat Injections (Transplant) Procedure
Submit a review for Pavithra HospitalYour feedback matters!
I am male and every winter session my face is effecting by scratch and rashes also appear on my face I am using bet novate c to control that without berbicara c how can I control it?
My wife is 26 years old. She is having thin and sometimes looks bald in the front head. She tried various shampoos, consulted dermatologist and took treatment for months but no improvement. Please help her hair grow back.
I have very dark circles under my eyes and these circles are few large so how to get rid of these and maintain eye care.
I'm loosing my hair from past 7 yrs. Only my maternal grand father had baldness. My became thinned, scalp is visible only under the lights. Crown and frontal top became thinned. No M shape formed. I don't have any disease or I'm not in any medication. I'm moving different places for every year. Please what tell me the type of hair loss I was going through (androgenic or male pattern or etc, etc). Does applying onion juice helps me in regrowing my lost hair back?
Gynecomastia is a condition characterized by enlargement of the breast tissue in men. It occurs when there is an imbalance of the testosterone (male sex hormone) and estrogen (female sex hormone) in the body. It may a cause of embarrassment in men.
The primary cause for this condition is an increase in the level of estrogen in comparison with testosterone in the male body. Testosterone controls male characteristics such as body hair and muscle mass. Estrogen is responsible for controlling female characteristics such as breast enlargement.
Men usually produce small quantities of estrogen in their body to maintain certain sexual functions. Complications occur when estrogen levels in the male body increase too much in proportion to testosterone The condition can be classified as follows:
- Gynecomastia in infants: Half of the infants are usually born with large breasts due to their mother's estrogen. The effect tends to wear off in a few weeks.
- Gynecomastia during puberty: Gynecomastia occurs during puberty due to changes in hormones. The condition goes away without any treatment in six months to 1 year.
- Gynecomastia in men: This condition may peak in men during the age of 50-80. Statistics show that at least 1 out of 4 men in this age group has this condition.
Some other causes for this condition in middle-aged men are as follows:
- Anti-anxiety drugs
- Antibiotics Chemotherapy Medications
- Smoking marijuana and drinking alcohol
- Antibiotics Chemotherapy Medications
- If the cause of the condition is medications, then discontinuing the medicines should stop the effects. It can also be treated by taking medicines to reduce estrogen levels in the body.
- If the Puberty Onset Gynecomastiadoesn't doesn't regress spontaneously within 2-3 years of onset, it can best be corrected with help of Liposuction Surgerythrough through a very small key hole incisionin in the chest area skin. It gives very decent and natural looking result.
- Post-surgery, patientshould should stick to a proper and healthy lifestyle to retain the new shape of the chest area. We advise application of a customised Pressure Garment for your comfort and better outcome.
- Anti-anxiety drugs
Hi, I am 25 and I have pigmentation (Melasma) problem, when I was 20 I got small patch on my nose but every year it was growing, now its all over on my face (its dark in the winters and light in summers) I want any permanent solution for this problem.
Hair transplant is a surgical procedure where hair is surgically implanted on the head. You can opt for this procedure, if you suffer from hair loss and bald spots on your head. The surgery comprises of shifting hair follicles from one part of the head to another. Mostly, hair follicles from back of the head are relocated to the balding areas.
The reasons when you can opt for a hair transplant are
- Involutional alopecia: It is a form of alopecia where the hair growth tends to decrease due to ageing resulting in thinning and shorter hair. The follicles remain in the telogen phase (resting phase) for an extended amount of time. You may opt for a hair transplant surgery to correct this disorder.
- Male pattern baldness (Androgenic alopecia): Androgenic alopecia is a condition which is characterized by a gradual receding hairline, especially along the temples. This is caused due to the testosterone hormone being converted in to Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) which causes shrinking of the hair follicles. If you are affected by male pattern baldness, then you may opt for a hair transplant surgery.
- Female pattern baldness: Females may also be affected by baldness which is characterized by loss of hair from the top of the head and gradual thinning of hair. It may lead to self-esteem issues; so opting for a hair transplant surgery is recommended.
- Traction alopecia: This type of hair loss occurs due to exertion of external pressure on the hair which may cause it to fall. If the hair does not grow back then it would result in a bald patch. Thus you may opt for a hair transplant procedure if you suffer from this disorder and experience loss of hair.
- Trichotillomania: This is a psychological condition where a person pulls out his/her hair. If excessive hair is lost resulting in bald spots, then you may opt for hair transplant surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I am getting too much hair fall. Small white coloured particles are attached to my scalp as well as to my hair. Is it dandruff or not. How should I overcome this problem.
What Is Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty is colloquially known as a “nose job”. It is a cosmetic surgery conducted to reshape the nose. The corrective surgery is performed to make the nose smaller or larger, correct the bump, the angles in relation to the upper lip, indentations and other defects relating to the tip of the nose.
Rhinoplasty can be conducted using general or local anaesthesia. Rhinoplasty can correct the structure of the nose if it causes difficulty in breathing. Rhinoplasty can also improve the physical appearance after an injury or disease.
A Few Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Cosmetic rhinoplasty is meant for rich and vain people.
- Anaesthesia can be dangerous.
- Dissatisfaction with nose shape or size can be eradicated completely.
- Rhinoplasty needs to be performed more than once.
- Rhinoplasty creates a drastic and extremely noticeable transformation of the nose.
- Rhinoplasty is most definitely covered by insurance.
- Rhinoplasty can cause scars, stitches and bruises on the nose.
- Any plastic surgeon can perform rhinoplasty.
- Rhinoplasty is a simple surgery.
- Rhinoplasty is a very painful procedure.
A Few Facts About Rhinoplasty
- The demand for rhinoplasty is rising by leaps and bounds every day.
- Rhinoplasty is not just a cosmetic procedure to look good. It is known to correct some real nasal disorders. Swellings, breathing issues due to a deviated septum or other structural problems that cause pain and respiratory troubles can be fixed by rhinoplasty.
- There are different techniques used for men and women. The structure of a man’s nose differs slightly from a woman’s, in terms of angles and slopes. These are determined and corrected by expert and experienced plastic surgeons.
- The discomfort after the surgery is mild and moderate. Most patients recover in a couple of hours. In major surgery case, it takes a day.
- Rhinoplasty is fairly affordable.
- Insurance covers can be claimed when the surgery is not for cosmetic purpose, but for genuine corrective purpose.
- Rhinoplasty can help to make minor corrections as well, without causing drastic or obvious changes.
- Anaesthesia performed during the surgery rarely causes any long term complication. It is relatively safe. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic-plastic-surgeon.
Epidermolysis bullosa simplex is a genetic disorder that results in the skin turning fragile and blister prone. Any small injury or friction created due to rubbing of the skin might lead to blister formation. In some cases, blisters may occur inside the mouth and on the cheeks. Normally, the cause of the disease is linked to defective genes.The condition is usually inherited and the symptoms start flaring in childhood. In some cases, the symptoms start during the early twenties.
The symptoms of this disease are:
- Deformities in the nails of the toes and fingers.
- Blisters in the internal organs such as esophagus and vocal chords.
- Formation of blisters on the skin of the feet and the hands.
- Loss of hair and scarring of the scalp.
- Thickening of the skin on the palms and soles of the feet.
- Formation of white skin bumps on the skin.
- You may experience various dental problems such as tooth decay.
- You may have problems in swallowing food.
Epidermolysis bullosa can be classified into:
- Junctional Epidermolysis Bullosa: This is a severe form of epidermolysis bullosa that usually develops during birth. The condition is characterized by hoarse and unusual crying sounds and scarring in the vocal chords. The genes that attach the epidermis to the basement become defective and thus, cause blister formation.
- Kindler Syndrome: This type is characterized by blister formation across all layers of the skin, but its symptoms tend to disappear with time. This condition is known to cause discoloration of the skin when exposed to the sun.
- Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa: This is caused by a defect in the gene that causes problems in collagen formation. This results in complications as the skin doesn't join properly.
This disease may cause various complications such as sepsis, skin infection, anemia, constipation and dehydration. An infant, who has a severe form of epidermolysis bullosa, may not be able to survive due to widespread blistering and infections that may drain all the body fluids out drastically. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a geneticist.
Dull skin may occur due to multiple reasons such as lifestyle factors and other environmental factors. It makes you look tired and older; this is due to the presence of dead cells on the skin which does not allow the light to reflect properly off your skin. Facials are very helpful in getting rid of dull skin by improving your complexion and circulation. It cleans the pores, removes dead cells, making you look your age, or even younger.
Here are some facial treatments for various skin types:
- If oily skin is your woe: If you have oily skin, you can exfoliate your skin using an exfoliating jelly that contains vanilla and alginate (also known as alginic acid) that removes impurities, blackheads and whiteheads from your skin. You can also use a face mask that consists of clay and align (chemical extracted from brown seaweed) that helps in preserving the skin moisture and tightening the pores on your skin. The procedures help in getting rid of impurities and have a soothing effect on the skin as well.
- Fight dry skin: Dry skin problems, such as wrinkles necessitate a hydrate and restore facial. This begins with an exfoliation to remove the dead cells from the topmost layer (epidermis) of the skin. Once the facial is complete, a massage cream is applied that helps in regenerating new skin cells. A vitamin C serum is then applied to make your skin supple and moisturized.
- For combination skin: If you are a person who has the worst of both worlds; dry and oily, then you should opt for a procedure that treats both at one go. A balancing facial that exfoliates the skin using ‘micro-dermabrasion’ (a procedure that involves spraying crystals with exfoliative properties on the face in order to eliminate dead cells of the epidermis) and using a serum to add nourishment to your skin can prove to be very effective. This procedure results in a healthy and radiant complexion.
- Skin that has been affected by the sun: For skin that has been affected by the sun, you can opt for a de-tan facial that will remove the dullness of your skin. Micro dermabrasion is used to exfoliate the skin and then a de-tan process is done. Aloe Vera is used to soothe and moisturize the skin followed by application of a Vitamin C serum. A face mask with applied to lighten the complexion of the skin. This is also applicable for skin that has been affected by pollution. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I have some dark spots on my face. It is cause of chickenpox. I don't know how to get rid of it. So please help me.
I am a 24 yrs, female. My skin gets dry. Especially in leg and hand. Please suggest me good moisturizer. And I my hair - lot of split end and hair fall. It doesn't have strength at all. Suggest me a mild shampoo.
Im 21 years old. My skin colour is white but im having a mature look im missing that young look .friend are calling me as aunt r grandma often .please suggest some things so that I can have a young look.
Skin is the body's most expansive organ, but a few people know how to take care of their skin properly. Between media hype and amateur beauty tips, it is hard to differentiate between myths and reality.
The skin can get dull and result in acne and other breakouts if exposed to the sun or other environmental factors. Homeopathic treatments have one major advantage over other forms of treatment that is they do not have any side effects.
Some homeopathic treatments for getting clear skin are:
- Psorinum - People affected by overactive sebaceous glands, which results in excessive oil production benefit from using Psorinum. It will remove symptoms of greasy skin and pimples caused as a result of oily skin.
- Silicea - Silicea is a homeopathic medicine used when acne leaves deep marks on the skin. This treatment gets rid of the scars to give a clear skin.
- Sepia - Discoloration of the face caused due to liver disorders or hormonal imbalance is treated by Sepia. Sepia eliminates these discolorations and gives you clear and healthy skin.
- Sulphur - Symptoms of dry and scaly skin can be treated by sulphur. It can also be used to treat skin eruptions such as pimples and pimple marks.
- Bovista - Bovista is a homeopathic remedy used for disorders resulting from excessive use of cosmetics. Pimples and dark skin are problems caused by excessive cosmetic products use and treating these symptoms with bovista can help in achieving a clear and healthy skin.