Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Sexual Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Kora Method Slimming Treatment
Submit a review for NATURA HEALTH CARE AND RESEARCH CENTERYour feedback matters!
Mental health crisis and substance abuse - ways to improve productivity
Behavioral illness—depression, anxiety, substance abuse, and other issues—is a dark place. Many—perhaps even most—of your friends and family members will not understand what you are going through. You must reach out anyway. Identify and rely on those within your immediate support network who do understand, who are committed to helping you through a long-term plan for coping and recovery.
1. Decide to do absolutely everything in your power to to improve your behavioral health. Commit to change what you can and work around what you can’t. Flatly refuse to let this challenge define you—either as a passive victim, or worse, by taking pride and entitlement in it—and you will find open doors to vast improvements in your quality of life, even if you are never fully ‘cured.’
2. Be willing to recognize and acknowledge what is going on. Monitor yourself. Know the warning signs or triggers for your condition, and get help early when you recognize them rather than ignoring them or trying to manage them yourself.
3. Get professional help. Find a credible, credentialed professional trained in psychiatric methods.
4. Never stop contributing to the world. If you are wrestling with mental health or substance abuse issues, your employment prospects may seem bleak. If your circumstances force you out of your chosen career path, resist the temptation to give up. If you are able, find a career pivot that will allow you to work around your challenges. Even if you are unable to ‘work,’ find ways to contribute meaningfully, even if they feel small at the moment. With every diligent act of productivity, you exercise control over your life and claim our common birthright of human dignity.
5. Let your story be heard. We exist in a culture that largely disavows mental illness. By appropriately sharing your story in positive, proactive ways, you not only take a crucial step toward management or recovery—you provide an essential ingredient in rewriting our cultural narrative of these issues—from the inside.
6. Educate yourself. Invest some time into reading up on mental illness.
7. To the degree possible, make an effort to empathize.
Strive to truly understand the experience of those who must confront the reality of mental illness on a daily basis. Tactfully reach out to affected friends and family for first-hand accounts to deepen your understanding of ‘a day in the life.’
8. Commit to being non-judgmental.
Decide that you will let the facts and personal stories about mental illness come together for you, and that you will work to form an accurate and compassionate view of how they work—and what it really takes for a person to take back their mental health.
9. Reach outside of yourself with a willingness to help.
Find at least one way to meaningfully help someone suffering from depression, anxiety, or other issues along their path toward coping with or recovering. Tactfully reach out to friends or family who experience mental disorder and listen to their stories. Find ways, big or small, to lend a hand, brighten their day, and lighten the load they carry. Show them you see them.
10. We must work to change public perception of mental health and mental health issues.
In addition to the proper self-care and empathy I suggest above, each of us can be an agent for change, simply by breaking our own link in the vicious cycle.
Acne is a dermatological condition where the small pores of the hair follicles get blocked with the oily and greasy secretions from the sebaceous gland (exocrine glands that produce sebum to keep the skin and the hair follicles well lubricated as well as waterproof). While the appearance of acne in itself can be quite annoying and uncomfortable, the ugly marks and scars that it leaves behind (especially on the face), makes life miserable. In this article, we will discuss few cosmetic procedures and treatments that plays a pivotal role in dealing with acne scars and marks.
Treatments and Cosmetic Procedures For Acne Scars-
Has the acne marks and scars turned you into a recluse? Do you dread clicking pictures and selfies? Not anymore! The following treatments can work wonders making acne scars a thing of the past.
- The chemical peels: The Chemical peels come as a blessing for people dealing with skin problems including acne scars or pimple marks. To achieve the desired result, the chemical peels, as indicative of the name, involves the application of chemicals (can be trichloroacetic acid, glycolic acid, salicylic acid, or phenol depending on the type of peel used). The chemicals then penetrate into the different skin layers to remove the damaged, dead and affected skin with elan, leaving the skin glowing and scar free. Though there are different types of chemical peels available (Deep chemical peel, Medium peel, Lunchtime or superficial peel), the Deep Chemical Peel is often used to treat acne scars (the chemical used is Trichloroacetic acid or phenol).
- Laser Resurfacing: Laser Resurfacing uses an intense and highly focussed light beam that penetrates into the skin to deal with the acne scars. The laser resurfacing can be Ablative Resurfacing, Non-Ablative Resurfacing, or Fractional Laser Resurfacing. The Fractional CO2 ablative laser resurfacing and The Fraxel laser (Non-ablative) in particular plays a pivotal role to help get rid of the acne scars.
- In Fractional CO2 ablative laser resurfacing, the affected area of the skin is treated with CO2 laser. Here disruption of the epidermal skin layer takes place as the laser beam creates minute holes throughout the target skin surface. This acts as a catalyst resulting in the production of new skin cells and collagen in the treated skin area.
- In the Fraxel laser (non-ablative), the laser does penetrate into the affected skin area. However, in this procedure, disruption of the epidermal layer does not take place.
- Micro-needling: In this procedure, the surgeon uses tiny rollers fitted with needles. As the roller moves, the needles create small holes in the affected skin area. Soon, production of new elastin and collagen takes place in the scarred skin area, reducing the acne scars to a great extent.
- The use of Derma Fillers or Collagen Fillers (collagen or fat are injected into the scarred skin area to smoothen and soften the scars) can bring about remarkable improvement in the case of acne scars.
Hypertension is indeed a growing issue in today’s world. Hypertension can adversely affect your body leading to grave health disorders. But with proper care, you can keep your blood pressure under control and thus save yourself from the harmful effects of it. Here are some facts about hypertension that you must know.
#1 Sleep apnea is common in patients with hypertension
Patients who suffer from hypertension are often seen to suffer from sleep apnea. In this condition, the person suddenly feels short of breath and stops breathing. They even feel drowsy throughout the day.
#2 Hypertension is very closely related to heart diseases
Cardiovascular diseases are quite attached to hypertension. People having hypertension are often found to have the problems of atherosclerosis, high cholesterol and even have the proximity to have a heart attack.
#3 Hypertension is one of the leading causes of death
One out of every five adults suffer from the problems of hypertension. According to various research works, it has been proven that most of the death cases above the age of 50 or 53 die due to hypertension or hypertension-related problems.
#4 Getting a pet can help in keeping blood pressure under control
Getting a pet has been proven to reduce the risk of hypertension. The humorous moments in life work together in reducing your risk towards reducing the risks of hypertension.
#5 Get adequate sleep
An adequate amount of sleep is vital not only for to manage hypertension but also to stay away from other health disorders, as well. Research has proven that if a person gets less than six hours of sleep each night, then he/she is bound to have higher risks towards hypertension.
#6 Avoid unnecessary stress
Don’t take too much stress in life. If you avoid stress, you will find most your health problems disappearing. You should never take any medications for reducing stress like amino acids or phenylalanine.
#7 Avoid taking unnecessary drugs
Some people start taking drugs to reduce their high blood pressure and bring it to a normal level. This is not good as it sometimes leads to another grave condition called hypotension. Hypotension, in turn, can lead to vomiting and nausea. Hence, regular follow-ups with your doctor are essential.
#8 Tendency to have stroke
People who suffer from hypertension also tend to have a stroke. Figuratively, around eight out of ten individuals who are having high blood pressure also suffer from a stroke.
#9 Living in a warm climate is recommended to people having hypertension
Research studies have proven that blood pressure also fluctuates with the weather. It stays on lower margins in the summer and at a higher range in winters. This is because, at a lower temperature, the blood vessels become constricted, and so they exert more pressure to normalize the flow of blood.
#10 Hypertension leads to kidney disease
One of the major risk factors for heart disease is the tendency to develop kidney disease.
These are some of the lesser known facts about hypertension.
The hand is one of the most commonly used parts of our body and is susceptible to damage, wear and tear as well as injury. Pain in the hand can be attributed to numerous causes, including damage and other conditions that can affect the joints, cartilage, nerves and other parts of the hand.
De Quervain's tendinitis: This is also known as de Quervain's tendinosis. It causes pain on the thumb side of the wrist. The pain may grow slowly or suddenly. It can also spread to every part of the thumb and up the lower arm. On the off chance that you have de Quervain's tendinitis, you may experience pain while performing the following actions:
- Clenching The fist
- Handling on or holding objects
- Turning the wrist
Treatment for this includes the following:
- Wearing a prop to rest the thumb and wrist
- Calming drugs
- Cortisone infusions
Carpal tunnel disorder: This is common amongst the well-known nerve issues. It can cause pain in the following parts of the hand:
- Palm and a few fingers
- Lower arm
The treatment methods includes the following:
- Resting the hand and wrist
- Wrist support
- Steroid infusions
- Active recuperation
Fracture: It's a crack or break in a bone that can cause immense pain in the hand. Other than this, the hand may also experience the following:
- Loss of proper motion and movement
The kind of treatment depends on the kind of fracture. Braces are usually used for small fractures. Sticks, wires, or plates might be used to treat severe fractures. Likewise, surgery may also be recommended to set the broken bone properly.
Arthritis: This is a disease causing joint inflammation and stiffness of the joints. It causes the joints to lose the ligament that permits them to move easily against each other. This tears the ligament, giving rise to crippling pain and swelling.
In the hand, the regions where this regularly happens are as follows:
- Base of the thumb
- Center joint of one or more fingers
- End joint, which is nearest to the fingertip
The treatment depends on the seriousness of the injury and the following may be used:
- Props for the fingers or wrist
- Non-intrusive treatment
Trigger finger: Also known as stenosing tenosynovitis, this defect causes the fingers or the thumb to bend. It can be difficult, particularly when bowing or fixing the influenced finger or thumb.
Knobs may form on the influenced ligaments. Also, the sheath itself may thicken. In the long run, the ligament may get to be adhered when you attempt to fix a twisted finger or thumb.
Resting now and again while wearing a support may help resolve the issue. Over-the-counter torment pharmaceuticals can facilitate the agony. Corticosteroid infusions can mitigate side effects. Surgery might be recommended for extreme cases.
Your mental and emotional health impacts how you think, feel, and carry on in everyday life. It additionally influences your capacity to adapt to stress, defeat challenges, construct connections, and recover from life's difficulties and hardships. Whether you are hoping to adapt to a particular psychological wellness issue, better manage disagreeable feelings, or essentially need to feel more confident, enthusiastic, and adjusted, there are a lot of things you can do to take control of your emotional health.
Regardless of how sad or defenseless you feel as of now, these systems can help your state of mind, fabricate versatility, and increase your general pleasure in life:
- Remain active: The psyche and the body are naturally connected. When you enhance your physical wellbeing, you will naturally encounter more mental and emotional happiness. Physical movement additionally discharges endorphins, effective chemicals that lift your state of mind and give you energy. Customary practice or action can majorly affect mental and enthusiastic medical issues, mitigate stress, enhance memory, and help you to rest better.
- Oversee stress: At the point when stress gets to be distinctly overpowering, it can harm your state of mind, trigger mental and physical medical issues, and influence your personal satisfaction. As examined above, face-to-face social association and physical action are both instinctual approaches to get rid of stress. In any case, when stress hits, it is not generally practical to have a companion close by to incline toward or to have the capacity to go out for a walk or run.
- Eat a solid eating routine: Unless you have tried to change your eating regimen before, you may not know exactly how much you eat or not eat. This influences the way you think and feel. An unfortunate eating regimen can inflict significant damage on your brain and mindset, disturb your rest, decrease your energy, and weaken your immune system.
- Get enough quality rest: Reducing sleep may appear like a good move when you have a very busy life. However, with regards to your mental and emotional wellbeing, getting enough quality sleep is a need, not a luxury. Skipping even a couple of hours here and there can inflict significant damage on your mind, energy, mental sharpness, and capacity to handle stress. Long-term unending work can wreak destruction on your health.
- Discover reason and importance in life: Everybody determines significance and reason in various ways that include doing things that benefit others, and also yourself. You may consider it an approach to feel required, like yourself, a reason that drives you on, or essentially motivation to get up in the morning. In natural terms, discovering importance and objective is fundamental to mental wellbeing as it can produce new cells and make new neural pathways in the brain.
Modern-day life is not bereft of anxiety, trauma, disease, and depression in spite of the success in technological advancement that has made life so much easier. Every aspect of life can be done easier with the majority of present-day inventions, yet mental peace is almost an obsolete element. This is because of the fast-paced stressful lives that we lead.
Individuals are engrossed in the race of life rather than taking out time for self-counselling, contemplation, or just plain relaxing. Cutting out all the bustle and cacophony people need to spend some commute time on their own for themselves. This act is meditation. It can not only solve issues relating to mind but can also be a remedy for many health ailments as well.
- Improves heart and muscle functioning: When an individual is anxious or tensed, there is a release of cortisol and lactic acid which increases the levels of stress. The metabolism of the body is affected by these secretions. Cortisol is almost like a semi hormone that is vital for controlling metabolism. Meditation decreases the release of these chemicals and hence increase the functionality of heart and muscles.
- Improves healing and cognition: According to extensive studies in human development and neuroscience, meditation has been proven to have clear effects on human brain and thus improve the wholesome functionality of the body. Also, it maneuvers our logical and cognitive skills. It is beneficial both mentally and physically by stimulating the brain to generate waves that bring it to the alpha state. This condition of the mind allows cell healing.
- Other health benefits: Meditation helps you to reduce high blood pressure, elevated levels of blood lactate, and lessen panic attacks. It reduces any pain related to tension like ulcers, headaches, muscle, and insomnia. It also improves the immune system increasing your energy levels as well.
- Mood booster: Meditation helps combat depression or mood swings as it helps secretion of serotonin that enhances our mood and thus works as an activity that elevates our mood. It is extremely beneficial for women to tackle Pre-Menstrual Syndrome and Menopausal mood swings.
- Calms your mind: Meditation helps you to concentrate your focus on a single perception or experience, a no-thought stage, which is often detoxifying for the mind to unleash into an absolute state of rest. This is essential as it enables the body and mind to synchronize together to unravel and unwind. This state calms you from within, helps you to think about whatever problem is bothering you from a deeper elemental level and to a rational out the stretch. Your analytical perspective broadens and decisions made after that can never be wrong as it is propelled by a mature heart and a settled brain. It enriches you spiritually.
Meditation has an overall psychosomatic effect. Meditation can combat numerous problems. All you have to do is maintain the consistency.
A nagging achy pain in the shoulder is something that all must have experienced, especially aged people. Some choose to ignore it while for others, the pain may be so debilitating that it interferes with daily routine considerably. Making an appointment with an expert orthopedic doctor should be your priority. Meanwhile, here are some easy to follow tips to manage shoulder pain:
- Applying ice- Shoulder pain is normally caused due to inflammation of the tendons, and since ice is the natural reliever of inflammation, you can get some relief with the application of ice. It can slow down blood flow to the affected region and thereby reduces the pain. You should apply ice for about 20 minutes and try to keep your shoulders at an elevated position.
- Paying attention to the neck- It is no surprise that the shoulders and neck are closely positioned, and they always have an impact on each other. Sometimes, shoulder pain is caused by neck pain, and both of them can be relieved by practicing gentle neck stretches at home. You should also replace old mattress and pillows and opt for thicker pillows for the desired level of support.
- Keeping the elbow by your side- This could aid to your aching shoulders. You may use an armrest or arm sling in case of extreme pain in the shoulders. But it is worthy of mention here that using this equipment for long hours is not at all recommended.
- Relieving stress- The most effective means of treating shoulder pain is to get to the root of the problem. Stress may be the cause of your shoulder pain, and therefore, you should allow some rest to the shoulder by refraining from exercise and physically strenuous activities. You should also try to review your daily activities such as sleeping positions, motions, and habits that may have an adverse impact on the shoulders.
- Warming up- You may use a heating pad to keep the shoulders warm and do some gentle exercise if it doesn’t cause any discomfort. This will warm up the muscles for a wide range of activities and improve circulation.
- Strengthening the rhomboids- The muscle located in between the shoulders is termed as rhomboids. These muscles are essential for normal shoulder movements, and it is important to keep them stronger to hold the shoulders in the right position and support the weight of the arms and perform pushing and pulling effectively.
Experiencing shoulder pain is an issue, but with these effective measures targeted at relief, you may manage it easily and take part in all the activities that you love to. In case the ache persists, it is imperative that you visit an ortho specialist to avail proper treatment.
Technology has become a major barrier in relationships these days. If you spend a lot of time with your laptop and phone, chances are that your love life may be getting affected without you knowing about it.
Here are a few instances when technology plays spoilsport in your relationship.
1. Tracking your ex’s social media profiles: Checking your ex’s Facebook and Instagram profile twice a day does more harm than good. Letting go of old flame is a good idea in order to thrive in your current relationship. While no one is advising you to stop using social networking sites, refraining from your ex’s profile will do a world of good to your relationship.
2. Your mailbox is bothering you way too much: People often become too engrossed in their professional life and tend to neglect their partner. The funny thing is, they don’t even realize it until the inevitable happens. While work is important, prioritizing your activities is the key here. It makes sense to completely stay from work related activities while you spend time with your partner. Your undivided attention to your partner will do the trick.
3. You are involved with too many chat groups: Platforms like WhatsApp and wechat can greatly sabotage your love life. Your partner might get irritated with the fact that your whole attention lies on your phone rather than him. A reply to your school buddy group can wait for a few hours. It is a good idea to stay away from typing while you are with your partner.
4. Planning a date is a nightmare for you: If you are too tech-savvy, it might take a long time for you to plan a date. Checking the feedback of every place you intend to visit not only consumes a lot of time, it drains your energy. While checking the star rating of a restaurant is a good idea, becoming over obsessive about the rating might ruin the whole idea of a date.
5. You have a super active twitter handle: A recent study has shown that people who are hyperactive on twitter often faces problems in their relationship. In your endeavor of updating your twitter handle, you become obsessed with it and end up spending a lot of time. This might greatly sabotage your relationship.
6. You take too much time deciphering texts: You might be dating for years yet get paranoid when it comes to texting your partner. You are too worried about the tone of the message, spelling of the words and punctuations marks of your text you are about to send. If this rings a bell, you surely need to mend your ways in order to save time and focus more on your relationship.
Blood in urine, medically known as Hematuria is not usually a cause of concern, but it can translate into an adverse condition if left unevaluated. The kidneys and other structures in the urinary tracts such as urethra (tube connecting the bladder to the outer part of the body); bladder (that stores the urine) and ureters (tube joining the bladder to the kidney) are the sources of blood flow to the urine. Hematuria can be accompanied by symptoms such as discharge of tea-colored, brownish-red or pink colored urine due to the presence of red blood cells, traces of which can only be detected under the microscope.
Underlying causes behind this disorder might be
- Urinary tract infection is where the bacteria enter the body through the urethra and begin to proliferate in the bladder.
- Kidney infections (pyelonephritis) is when bacteria infiltrate into the kidneys from the bloodstream or travel up from the uterus to the kidneys.
- A kidney or a bladder stone is marked by the minerals in the concentrated urine precipitating out and molding into crystals that deposit on the bladder or kidney walls.
- Enlarged prostate is a condition in which the prostate gland, that is situated just below the bladder surrounding the upper part of the urethra, starts growing as males head towards their middle age.
- Kidney disease such as glomerulonephritis causes swelling of the kidneys, thus disrupting the filtering system.
- Bladder, kidney and prostate cancer are also possible causes.
- Hereditary disorders such as sickle cell anemia (a hereditary disease of the red blood cells in the hemoglobin) can also pose as a cause behind this disorder.
- Kidney injury as a result of heavy blows, accidents or injuries sustained while playing a spot can also contribute to this condition.
- Medications such as penicillin or the anti-cancer drug ‘cyclophosphamide’
- Strenuous physical exercises like intense workout or running may also result in Hematuria.
There is no fixed cure for Hematuria; instead the doctor would work on treating the repressed conditions behind the symptoms, such as prescribing antibiotics to heal the urinary tract infection or a medicine to shrink and normalize the enlarged prostate or administer a shock wave therapy to destroy the kidney or bladder stones.
You may have heard a lot about teen acne and things related to it, especially its nature and solutions to cure this skin condition. However, there are several misconceptions about acne. Many facts regarding the cause and remedy for acne, which are commonly talked about, are incorrect. Here are some myths and facts about teen acne you should know about:
- Tanning clears the skin: A tan may act as a temporary mask to prevent acne. However, the sun dries up the skin and irritates it. This may further lead to acne breakout. There is no link between exposure to the sun and acne prevention, and the rays of the sun can cause damage to the skin. You should always use a sunscreen while going out in the sun.
- Wash your face to prevent acne breakouts: Washing your face helps in removing the dirt and oil from the pores of the skin. However, too much washing may cause dryness and irritation, triggering more acne breakout. You should not scrub your face and use a mild soap or a facewash to wash your face.
- Popping pimples will help in faster elimination: Popping pimples makes them less noticeable for some time, but it causes the pimples to last longer. When you squeeze a pimple, you push bacteria, dead skin cells and oil back into the skin. This causes increased swelling and reddening. It might also cause a red or brown scar, which takes a lot of time to disappear. Some of these scars last forever.
- Stress leads to acne: The normal daily stress a teenager faces does not lead to acne. However, in the case of stressful periods, such as dealing with the death of a loved one or facing parent’s divorce, the skin produces extra oil or sebum. This does not always mean that you will get more zits and pimples.
- Acne is curable: Acne is not curable. It is chronic in nature and may last for a very long time. It is like a continuous situation which keeps on recurring on the skin. It may come and go several times and in case you are prone to acne, you will face a hard time dealing with it.
- Pimples occur overnight: Another common misconception regarding acne is that pimples occur overnight. The truth is that a pimple takes weeks to develop but it may surface while you are asleep. The process of acne development is a complicated one and involves four steps.
Many people think that applying cold water closes pores and hot water opens pores. This is not true as the pores present all over your face do not have muscles. They cannot open and close.