Doctor in MS Physiotheraphy Clinic
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for MS Physiotheraphy ClinicYour feedback matters!
What is chiropractic therapy?
It is one of the type of alternative medicine which deals with diagnosis, and treatment of disorders of the musculoskeletal system. Doctors who perform it are known as chiropractors.
How was it originated?
It was invented by D. D. Palmer in 1895. It was invented by him by adjusting the spine of a deaf man, and he restored his hearing by doing that. After finding such a great result he proposed that all the diseases are due to subluxation of the spine (95%), and subluxations of other bone (5%).
Thus, he concluded, and formed a base of it by postulating following things:
- Diseases occur because of bones displacement.
- These bony displacements cause nerve entrapment.
- Manipulation of the spine replaces the bones, and removes the nerve interference, and allows a vitalistic life force to restore the health.
But there is no supporting evidence of these postulates.
Why is it done?
The main purpose of it is to correct alignment problems, to reduce the pain, and to support the body's natural ability to heal itself. Sometimes, other methods, such as the application of heat, and ice, electrical stimulation, relaxation techniques, rehabilitative, and general exercise, diet counseling, weight loss, and lifestyle modification are also advised.
What are the advantages of it?
- Spinal manipulation therapy (SMT) is one of the effective therapy for the patients with low back pain but it has shown positive effects only in some patients.
- Chiropractic can effectively treat injuries such as muscle strains, tennis elbow, pelvic sprains.
- Chiropractic helps in relieving pressure in the joints, soft tissue, and it also include typical spinal adjusting techniques to prevent injuries.
- Gastro-intestinal symptoms and diseases can be reduced by chiropractic therapy like colic, chronic constipation, gastro-esophageal reflux disease (GERD), heartburn, and irritable bowel syndrome.
- Chiropractic treatment also helps in improving neck pains due to obstructing structures whether it may be from the distant or nearer cause.
- The nervous system functions simultaneously along with the immune system, and other systems. According to chiropractic, the pathways of nerves from the central nervous system require open communication with the immune system so that our body can repair itself. Chiropractic care removes any obstacles which obstruct this line of communication.
- Chiropractic care can be used in a woman’s pregnancy to make pregnancy comfortable, and can also be used to reduce the chances of complicated labor.
- It also helps in cancer patients for improving wellness, and to prevent it through education.
What are the adverse effects of it?
I am 55 years old I have a lower backache last 15 years, Intake many tablets and apply ointments but results zero kindly solve the problem and give me treatment details.
Hi, After 2 years of my lower spine operation. My left leg nerves have not recovered fully. I have poor blood circulation at nighttime. I have to walk for 3 to 5 minutes BC before it becomes normal. It takes me sometime before urine. I have little problem of urine retention. At night.
I am suffering from Osteoarthritis. In my right knee the joint gap is increasing with the passes of time. The first symptom was seen in April 2013.
Every day we use our hands the most to get everything done. From drinking water to typing on the keyboard (and today on mobile phones); from holding the newspaper still when reading it to taking down academic notes- we use our hands for everything. But our hands like all other parts of the body have the capacity to carry out their functions. At times, we unknowingly put a lot of strain on our hands and they start to pain. Hand pains are quite common in everyone and it is equally common to practice certain exercises to control them quickly.
If you experience frequent pains in the hands, these are some of the exercises you can resort to.
Fist: You do not always make a fist while punching people. Sometimes you make a fist to tighten your hand muscles and nerves and smoothen the blood flow in your hands. This helps in reducing the pain in your hands to a great extent. In fact, folding your hand to a fist can also help in preventing hand pain.
Finger Bends: Bend each finger tightly towards your palm for at least a minute and then release it. Do it separately for each of the five fingers on your hand. This would ease out the tension in each of the fingers and normalize blood flow. This helps in curing any finger pain that you might be experiencing. It is especially a great exercise to prevent pain from developing in your thumb and index finger.
Thumbs Up: Usually, we show the thumbs up sign to signal all is well and best wishes to people. But it is also an exercise if continued for some time. All you have to do is place your palm on a table and curl all your fingers except the thumb inwards. Stretch the thumb outwards and hold it in this position counting up to ten. Then curl your thumb towards the palm. This exercise too helps in stretching the muscles.
Wrist: An important part of the hand is the wrist. The wrist joints are a very crucial set of bones and they tend to get injured very fast. They are also delicate enough to be sprained if the hand is turned abruptly. To avoid such injuries, strengthen the wrist and reduce wrist pain, a lot of wrist exercises are also prescribed. The simplest one is to extend your hand and move the wrist in anti-clockwise and clockwise directions.
Thus, these are some of the ways in which you can ease the pain in your hand in no time and go about normally with your daily chores.